Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans > S-Class (W221)
Traded in the S600....AMG rep wheels & tires for sale >

Traded in the S600....AMG rep wheels & tires for sale

Notices
S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Traded in the S600....AMG rep wheels & tires for sale

 
Old 12-30-2017, 08:41 PM
  #1  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Land of Political Criminals and Urban Shootings
Posts: 3,094
Thanked 151 Times in 138 Posts
2013 GL550
Thumbs up Traded in the S600....AMG rep wheels & tires for sale

I got the itch for another vehicle, so I traded in the S600 and picked up a 2013 GL500 with 40k miles black/black. Options are as follows:

1. Parktronic with Active Parking Assist & surround view camera.
2. Designo black leather interior with suede headliner. This option wraps the entire truck in leather and has the quilted stitched super supple leather on the seats and door liners ($4100 option).
3. Panorama Sunroof with 3 glass panels.
4. Bang & Olufsen sound system ($6400 option).
5. Easy Entry system with power folding 2nd & 3rd row seats.
6. Accessory chrome package.
7. Driver Assistance package, which includes Distronic Plus with pre-safe, Active Blind Spot assist, and active lane keeping assist.

MSRP was $102,710. Picked it up for $45k and got $21k in trade for my S600. Also picked up another exclusionary warranty for $5400 for 4 yrs and up to 100k total vehicle miles. I thought it was a fair deal. The dealer just put on 4 brand new tires.

BTW, I'll have my staggered 20" AMG rep wheels and tires up for sale. The tires are all Hankook Ventus S1 Noble2 with 255/35/20 front & 275/35/20 rears. All tires have at least 6/32 of tread left. 2 of the wheels have some curb rash on the lips only and can be repaired for about $125/wheel. I'll let the entire package go for $900 pickup in the Chicago area or you can pay for ground shipping on top of that.
DaveW68 is offline  
Old 12-30-2017, 09:46 PM
  #2  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 673
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
2012 w221
congrats ! pics ?
T.H.Carrera is offline  
Old 12-30-2017, 10:53 PM
  #3  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Land of Political Criminals and Urban Shootings
Posts: 3,094
Thanked 151 Times in 138 Posts
2013 GL550







DaveW68 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to DaveW68 For This Useful Post:
T.H.Carrera (12-30-2017)
Old 12-31-2017, 12:00 AM
  #4  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 673
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
2012 w221
thats GANGSTA!
T.H.Carrera is offline  
Old 12-31-2017, 12:16 AM
  #5  
Super Member
 
The Thomas J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 540
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
2010 MB S550, 2004 BMW 645Cic 1988 Corvette
Wow Dave, this was unexpected. Congrats!
The Thomas J is offline  
Old 12-31-2017, 09:57 AM
  #6  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
1bad540's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Newyork
Posts: 1,666
Thanks: 0
Thanked 91 Times in 86 Posts
s550 Diamond white amg pano
Gorgeous. Gotta love that interior. aside from the s550 thats another vehicle I considered. I like it alot. Use it in Good health. Seems you scored a pretty good deal on that.
1bad540 is online now  
Old 12-31-2017, 10:04 AM
  #7  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 673
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
2012 w221
now its time to get a tune and make it into a 0 to 60 4.9 sleeper.
T.H.Carrera is offline  
Old 12-31-2017, 11:40 AM
  #8  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Land of Political Criminals and Urban Shootings
Posts: 3,094
Thanked 151 Times in 138 Posts
2013 GL550
Originally Posted by T.H.Carrera View Post
now its time to get a tune and make it into a 0 to 60 4.9 sleeper.
I believe a Eurocharged tune will push it to around 4.7 sec to 60. Even if I didn't care about the extra performance of the tune, I'd probably want it to get rid of the throttle lag that these trucks have. It can be pretty annoying and even a little dangerous.
DaveW68 is offline  
Old 12-31-2017, 12:29 PM
  #9  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
WHPH28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,233
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
S550 4Matic, S600
Whattttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt !

Congrats. I am thinking about selling the RR and picking up a G63..I love the box style and uniqueness of it and you don't see them around here much.
WHPH28 is offline  
Old 12-31-2017, 03:19 PM
  #10  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Land of Political Criminals and Urban Shootings
Posts: 3,094
Thanked 151 Times in 138 Posts
2013 GL550
Originally Posted by WHPH28 View Post
Whattttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt !

Congrats. I am thinking about selling the RR and picking up a G63..I love the box style and uniqueness of it and you don't see them around here much.
The prices on those big boxes are nuts IMHO.

Perhaps you should consider a G550 4x4 squared. Then you'd really be in some exclusive territory.

Last edited by DaveW68; 12-31-2017 at 03:30 PM.
DaveW68 is offline  
Old 12-31-2017, 06:32 PM
  #11  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
1bad540's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Newyork
Posts: 1,666
Thanks: 0
Thanked 91 Times in 86 Posts
s550 Diamond white amg pano
So you traded the car with those stock hideous 18's? Thats great btw. I sold the stock 19" amgs on my s and put the 20's but i traded it in w the 20's. Figured w dws id never put the gross non staggered wheels back. I think i had gotten 1500 for them at the time so i figured price was good to dump them.
1bad540 is online now  
Old 12-31-2017, 09:57 PM
  #12  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Land of Political Criminals and Urban Shootings
Posts: 3,094
Thanked 151 Times in 138 Posts
2013 GL550
Originally Posted by 1bad540 View Post
So you traded the car with those stock hideous 18's? Thats great btw. I sold the stock 19" amgs on my s and put the 20's but i traded it in w the 20's. Figured w dws id never put the gross non staggered wheels back. I think i had gotten 1500 for them at the time so i figured price was good to dump them.
Yep, they got the car with those corroded chromed 18's with snow tires on them. If they decide to put the car on their lot, I'm sure they'll put new tires on it and do something to pretty up those wheels. Although that might be like putting lipstick on a pig. Maybe I should offer to sell them my summer wheels & tires.
DaveW68 is offline  
Old 01-01-2018, 03:56 AM
  #13  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NorCal / Latin America
Posts: 258
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
'72 Fleedwoot
Ouch, not a great deal. Did the trade-in have any warranty left? Is the GL500 certified?
sloanbj is offline  
Old 01-01-2018, 09:01 AM
  #14  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Land of Political Criminals and Urban Shootings
Posts: 3,094
Thanked 151 Times in 138 Posts
2013 GL550
Originally Posted by sloanbj View Post
Ouch, not a great deal. Did the trade-in have any warranty left? Is the GL500 certified?
LOL!!!!! I never said it was a "great deal". But it certainly was a fair deal. Not certified and the original warranty expired in March. Hence why I purchased a service contract to cover the truck for 4 more years and up to 100k miles.

Please find me a better deal on a very clean 1 owner "GL 550" with 40k miles with full service records, Designo interior, and B&O sound system. Hell.....find me another one for sale with B&O sound system. And also find me a car dealer willing to go higher than $21k in trade on a 2007 S600 when the highest auction price in the country is below $19k.

But thank you for your concern. You are a great contributing member of this forum and I bow to your almighty wisdom.
DaveW68 is offline  
Old 01-01-2018, 09:52 AM
  #15  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
1bad540's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Newyork
Posts: 1,666
Thanks: 0
Thanked 91 Times in 86 Posts
s550 Diamond white amg pano
I think more than fair on both ends. I got faced with reality when i went to trade my 10 s550. anytime you compare a cpo and a non cpo the price is always higher obviously. I'd def throw the dealer an email if they want your other wheels. Was this at a benz dealer?
1bad540 is online now  
Old 01-01-2018, 10:25 AM
  #16  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 37
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
SL500/SL550/CL 600/A8/LS460
Let’s hope that in your case the B&O system is worth the $6000 premium because in my, now departed, S8 it was more like a gizmo, not even a premium system besides the appereance.









L

l

tx170754 is offline  
Old 01-01-2018, 11:06 AM
  #17  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Land of Political Criminals and Urban Shootings
Posts: 3,094
Thanked 151 Times in 138 Posts
2013 GL550
Originally Posted by tx170754 View Post
Letís hope that in your case the B&O system is worth the $6000 premium because in my, now departed, S8 it was more like a gizmo, not even a premium system besides the appereance.
Compared to the HK system that was in my S600, it is a world of difference. The clarity and purity of sound is akin to the Mark Levinson that I had in my Lexus LS460. Except the B&O has tons more power and is filling up about 3 times more cabin volume. 14 speakers and 1200 watts are very helpful with that.
DaveW68 is offline  
Old 01-01-2018, 12:36 PM
  #18  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 37
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
SL500/SL550/CL 600/A8/LS460
The HK I have in my CL ( which is, by the way, Lexicon, the same I had in my 7 Series BMW ) is well above B&O and ML in my Lexus, it may be related to the cab specific design.....The S8 had the same configuration as in your car (except it had the “wow”factor of tweeters popping out of the dash) but it simply did not impress me, the same as most A8 and S8 owners. The system reliability was also so and so and the cost of replacing any failed component was, and still is, extremely high, hopefully your warranty will cover it in case you may need it.
But anyway congratulation on the GL purchase, it is a nice SUV if I may say, I wouldn’t care too much even if it was “only” a fair deal, enjoy the ride and be happy !


tx170754 is offline  
Old 01-02-2018, 06:29 AM
  #19  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
aeggroup's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 1,741
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
2015 Audi A8L TDI, 2016 Range Rover TD6
Originally Posted by DaveW68 View Post

BTW, I'll have my staggered 20" AMG rep wheels and tires up for sale. The tires are all Hankook Ventus S1 Noble2 with 255/35/20 front & 275/35/20 rears. All tires have at least 6/32 of tread left. 2 of the wheels have some curb rash on the lips only and can be repaired for about $125/wheel. I'll let the entire package go for $900 pickup in the Chicago area or you can pay for ground shipping on top of that.
Hi.
Congrats and enjoy your new car. I owned 3 GLs and really enjoyed these trucks.
Can you post pictures of your wheels ?

Thanks.
aeggroup is offline  
Old 01-02-2018, 08:22 AM
  #20  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Land of Political Criminals and Urban Shootings
Posts: 3,094
Thanked 151 Times in 138 Posts
2013 GL550
Originally Posted by aeggroup View Post
Hi.
Congrats and enjoy your new car. I owned 3 GLs and really enjoyed these trucks.
Can you post pictures of your wheels ?

Thanks.
See post #3 above.
DaveW68 is offline  
Old 01-02-2018, 02:43 PM
  #21  
Senior Member
 
ChuckinTucson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Maricopa, AZ
Posts: 406
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
15 ML350, 06 E320CDI
Congrats on the new ride. I have an ML350 now which is way under powered, and have been considering a GL550 as its replacement. That's a beautiful interior, BTW.
ChuckinTucson is offline  
Old 01-02-2018, 03:08 PM
  #22  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Land of Political Criminals and Urban Shootings
Posts: 3,094
Thanked 151 Times in 138 Posts
2013 GL550
Originally Posted by ChuckinTucson View Post
Congrats on the new ride. I have an ML350 now which is way under powered, and have been considering a GL550 as its replacement. That's a beautiful interior, BTW.
After driving the S600 for the last 3+ years, this truck feels a little under powered. A tune to push HP up to 530 and torque to 640 might take care of that.
DaveW68 is offline  
Old 01-02-2018, 03:22 PM
  #23  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 673
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
2012 w221
Do a before and after tune 0 60 and report back !
T.H.Carrera is offline  
Old 01-02-2018, 06:17 PM
  #24  
Junior Member
 
sixfour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 29
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2006 cadillac dts performance, 1998 cadillac deville, 2011 mercedes benz s550 4matic
really nice auto, like the color
sixfour is offline  
Old 01-02-2018, 06:35 PM
  #25  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Midwest.
Posts: 4,704
Thanked 388 Times in 315 Posts
'18 E63s ED1, '17 SL550, '14 ML350
Originally Posted by DaveW68 View Post
LOL!!!!! I never said it was a "great deal". But it certainly was a fair deal. Not certified and the original warranty expired in March. Hence why I purchased a service contract to cover the truck for 4 more years and up to 100k miles.

Please find me a better deal on a very clean 1 owner "GL 550" with 40k miles with full service records, Designo interior, and B&O sound system. Hell.....find me another one for sale with B&O sound system. And also find me a car dealer willing to go higher than $21k in trade on a 2007 S600 when the highest auction price in the country is below $19k.

But thank you for your concern. You are a great contributing member of this forum and I bow to your almighty wisdom.
It's a pretty decent deal. SUV's have higher resale values than they should and you got yourself a rare bird! Congrats!
Unless on GL63's or GLS63's a fair amount of these just sport the base interiors. Designo is nice and so is the B&O.

One question I have though, when I look at the last pic (front angle view), the front end & driver door look newer (aka painted) than the rear quarter. Perhaps just the lighting...

Enjoy!!
Wolfman is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Traded in the S600....AMG rep wheels & tires for sale


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: