S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

DAS Offline Programming & Telematics Update, DIY

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2021, 10:35 AM
SPONSOR

Received 817 Likes on 633 Posts
WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
I just wonder if my custom 2008-2020 database with Xentry 2020 would update those further or if you have the really latest

other solution, if you know what version you need to update via vediamo, ask me, I will share you any firmware you need,
or buy my software that contains all firmware ever made by MB 1995-2020 (360.000 firmwares)
https://www.flashwareultimate.com/fl...mate-pro-1-30/

other solution, online check with login

Old 01-08-2021, 02:27 AM

Received 89 Likes on 53 Posts
2007 S600, 911 & XJ8

Last edited by mcypert; 01-08-2021 at 02:31 AM.
Old 01-08-2021, 03:17 AM

2007 S600, 911 & XJ8
Thanks BenzNinja and BOTUS:

Originally Posted by BenzNinja
use kill xentry switch if stuck on that last screen
Ninja, which screen from post # 22??? I didn't get "stuck". I just used "NO" or F4 to stop the update when DAS asked if I wanted to "Perform... programming".

Correction to post # 22: I said DAS wanted to update ABR (Distronic) to software version 2219029502_001 when using SDflash 2008-10. SDflash 2008-10 does not have that CFF file, 2219029502_001, (and, neither does SFflash 2010-07!) SDflash 2008-10 doesn't have ANY 221902**** files. SDflash has some 221902 files but not the ABR file. SDflash 2014-09 and 2012-11, however, DO have 2219029502_001.

Here's where I may be getting in over my head. Post # 1 was about getting "offline programming"... Mission accomplished... But, NOW, I'm getting DAS advisories that NEWER software is available even though it is NOT in the SDflash files I loaded???

In Ninja's last post he's wondering if I have the latest Data-- SDflash iso's??? The answer is "No." I'm intentionally using older SDflash to avoid the problems BOTUS describes.... ("If it ain't broke, don't fix it" philosophy...)

So why am I getting notice from DAS that newer software is available when I know it's not in my SDflash iso??? I'm just guessing... which I pretty much have been doing all along... but, it must be in my Xentry/DAS version 2014-09??? Again, another guess, maybe in F:\ProgramData\Data\Xentry\Flashfiles\221\902\9502 ... which contains file "2219029502_001.CFF".

Answering my own question... What if I delete the Flashfiles in DAS (F:\)??? Will it then go to the SDflash files in my Alcohol 120% virtual drive K:\ ??? If anyone knows, let me know. Otherwise, I'll try it and report back... (Again, speculating, but, that might also allow "deprogramming"-- i.e., going back to older programming, if you don't like the new program-- as I asked about in post #16.)

Many thanks again for all the input... Mark

PS... This thread has gotten waaay to technical... If you just want to Update Telematics or Navi, go back to post #1...
Old 01-08-2021, 04:46 AM
SPONSOR

WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
Originally Posted by mcypert
Thanks BenzNinja and BOTUS:

Ninja, which screen from post # 22??? I didn't get "stuck". I just used "NO" or F4 to stop the update when DAS asked if I wanted to "Perform... programming".

Correction to post # 22: I said DAS wanted to update ABR (Distronic) to software version 2219029502_001 when using SDflash 2008-10. SDflash 2008-10 does not have that CFF file, 2219029502_001, (and, neither does SFflash 2010-07!) SDflash 2008-10 doesn't have ANY 221902**** files. SDflash has some 221902 files but not the ABR file. SDflash 2014-09 and 2012-11, however, DO have 2219029502_001.

Here's where I may be getting in over my head. Post # 1 was about getting "offline programming"... Mission accomplished... But, NOW, I'm getting DAS advisories that NEWER software is available even though it is NOT in the SDflash files I loaded???

In Ninja's last post he's wondering if I have the latest Data-- SDflash iso's??? The answer is "No." I'm intentionally using older SDflash to avoid the problems BOTUS describes.... ("If it ain't broke, don't fix it" philosophy...)

So why am I getting notice from DAS that newer software is available when I know it's not in my SDflash iso??? I'm just guessing... which I pretty much have been doing all along... but, it must be in my Xentry/DAS version 2014-09??? Again, another guess, maybe in F:\ProgramData\Data\Xentry\Flashfiles\221\902\9502 ... which contains file "2219029502_001.CFF".

Answering my own question... What if I delete the Flashfiles in DAS (F:\)??? Will it then go to the SDflash files in my Alcohol 120% virtual drive K:\ ??? If anyone knows, let me know. Otherwise, I'll try it and report back... (Again, speculating, but, that might also allow "deprogramming"-- i.e., going back to older programming, if you don't like the new program-- as I asked about in post #16.)

Many thanks again for all the input... Mark

PS... This thread has gotten waaay to technical... If you just want to Update Telematics or Navi, go back to post #1...
not the right place to talk about hack'n crack
many specialized forums for that.
don't bring this here

I was thinking you got stuck

Old 01-08-2021, 10:49 PM

2007 S600, 911 & XJ8
Thanks Ninja:

No, I wasn’t stuck. Everything is working as expected. I just don't want to irreversibly load the software updates that BOTUS says are undesirable.

And, I’m not trying to "hack" anything. How is removing unwanted data "hacking"?

BTW, these CFF files, at one time, were available to the public on MB’s website. The site is no longer available but I am pretty sure it was back in 2012-- the newest files I've installed.

Recall, this is my own car-- a 221.176 that hasn't had software updates since 2008. A Navi update required a Telematics update and I successfully did that and shared my experience in this thread.

At this point, this is mostly an academic exercise. A wise man, a professor, once told me, "You will always have a job, if you know HOW to do 'something', BUT you will always be working for someone who knows WHY you do 'something'."

But, to continue the adventure, I deleted the files mentioned in post # 28 , and DAS works in simulation. Next, I'll try it on the car and report back, in case anyone is following.

Regards... Mark
Old 01-09-2021, 03:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 868 Likes on 724 Posts
S500
Mark,

that's the other point I've been trying to resolve for 2 years.... We had done a Front SAM update for reliability / diagnostic improvements. Then Germany's servers died under the strain before we could do any further stuff. They'd done a major update over Christmas and killed it. So all worldwide dealers were off line for 2 weeks and we so happened to have mine booked in the first day back after they had got going again. With half the world trying to get customer cars sorted, it couldn't cope and we couldn't do any more. 3 Months on car plugged back in and Merc identified "non compatible software" in the Rear SAM

That's absolute rubbish, it means they want you to update (maybe for a good reason... trouble is they don't give the update that you need), they force on facelift stuff and bits in the comand no longer work - which after LOTS of fun we haven't fixed. Its small but it irritates me as everything related to subtle vols tweaks the car managed perfectly before is worse since the Rear Sam was updated

The car was built with 3 THREE separate ideas for speed dependant vol adjustment and to allow TMC or NAV voice overlay. Post update instead of beautifully linear imperceptible change in vol with speed / ambient noise. Its now jerky noticeable incompetent steps. And there is no longer the perfect fade of the sound source to allow the Nav instructions to be heard. TMC is OK as handled within the TTU. But the Nav overlay starts life in the Comand and source mute to let you hear gets killed with a software update.

After swapping out the COU back to the original software and realising the SCM is unflashable, reflashing the TTU and checking for coding choices in the TTU and Comand, we decided the culprit is most likely microphone ambient noise levels from the OCP and speed signal data from ABS both processed by the Rear Sam is no longer understood by the TTU. I believe reenabling these features for the cars the software was intended for (later NTG3.5 cars) are controlled via a menu choice in Nav options that isn't there for the earlier cars. Other owners of non facelift cars have this bug after the R SAM SW 09.43 FW 2219024903 is loaded and Merc don't care.

What I have discovered but no one has verified is if Point 1 is there on an unvandalised car or if they have Point 2 still working after 2219024903 is on the car. Point 3 is there on all cars and doesn't get broken, but is no use in day to day driving as is seldom implemented

Type 1: User instigated adjustment of the source mute differential for voice overlay. Never knew the car had this vital feature (its on a w211 of similar vintage). The user Menus to adjust are NOT part of the car. Nor are they documented or described in the User owners manual. But it is referred to in the official workshop documentation. Here it wrongly states this user choice is on the Comand unit (it is NOT). However remnants of this feature can be found by the user and the effect detected in diagnostics but with NO change in volume level.

To test the obsolete/missing feature: When a Nav overlay message is playing. Press the Comand knob down and you find haptic feedback limiting your options to 5 positions (left or right). However it always reverts to the centre position regardless of operator choice. Complete the same operation without Nav overlay and there is NO restriction to the knob's movement. If you complete this test when connected to the COU in diagnostics you can see this action is registered by the vehicle in volume control signals. Whether its broken with the same SCN software update that kills the Source mute for voice overlay, I'm not sure. I suspect it was a feature considered during the vehicle's development and then forgotten as they moved to a more sophisticated idea (with signals from the ABS, OCP, SAM-H and TTU). And remains part baked in buggy software from build. However with Mercedes still believing this feature is there and working it could be why a SCN instigated Rear SAM update they force, breaks all the early cars they put it on. As it's actually an update for facelift NTG3.5 vehicles they believe is compatible with early cars but definitely isn't.

Type 2: Automatic very well judged source mute for voice overlay at ANY volume level with no user adjustment. My car had this and it worked exceptionally well for 4 years. I believe regardless of road speed or ambient noise inside the car the level of Mute was almost perfectly judged. As was SDVC. Had this feature been in conjunction with Type 1 any user could find exactly what they wanted . I wonder if a Comand update during the vehicles lifecycle, removed Type 1 to replace exclusively with a newly developed Type 2 ? If it was in the manual and no longer on the car this makes sense. But as its in workshop data and not on the car or the user manual, I suspect they created two methods during development and forgot to remove one of them. And as I state above, I think Mercedes believe the user still has that choice (and or the user menu option to have voice fade within Comand options that you get with NTG3.5 Nav functions) and thus still don't realise NTG3.5 software on an early car breaks them !!!

Type 3: Very high Vol setting, source die back for voice overlay (I believe always worked before or after any software updates). But as Type 2 should work you never knew the car had this feature. It seems to come in to play over 80% vol and mutes the source by about 40%. Where if Type 2 wasn't broken it would die back nicely to about 20%. Thus Type 3 can still leave the source at 60% Vol when a TMC or Nav overlay cuts in, which is insufficient to be effective. But is a noticeable change.

The level of the source or the TMC or the NAV remains user adjustable when the action is in play. Before or after Mercedes vandalise the car with a faulty software update

Last edited by BOTUS; 01-09-2021 at 04:02 AM.
The following users liked this post:
BenzNinja (01-09-2021)
Old 01-09-2021, 10:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S500
I just had a thought re this

"Comand software update 0014427060.2214424360 would be available for the vehicle, but it can not be used in the current configuration"
an unsuitable control unit is installed in the present control unit combination
the documentation of the control unit in the central system is faulty

after reading this below,

You cant just 'code' the DAB module into the correct place on the MOST. Its a physical ring order you need to get right. It really doesn't matter that much as the devices all work its just the error that's flagged up on the MOST ring that's all. That said I have once seen a car where the DAB didn't work properly until it was in the right place on the ring but generally it does work.
so although I have that software on the comand and I was informed there was never a DAB update I just saw what I suspect is the same DAB module for another car has a later version HW 7/25 and SW 10/42/00 but mine is running A2219000100 HW 7/25 and SW 08/49/00. Which got me thinking I wonder if the MOST order is incorrect hence the "an unsuitable control unit is installed in the present control unit combination". Therefore would help to know the right order and check / change ?

Notes:

I found that comment above about the MOST order today. Just read the end and realise it might be my car where "DAB didn't work properly until it was in the right place" Its from the guys that retrofitted my DAB yes its on the data card". He said they had fun getting it to work. But if it only worked in one setup on the most one would hope that isn't why "the documentation of the control unit in the central system is faulty"

This combination was the same when Nav mute worked.

Last edited by BOTUS; 01-09-2021 at 10:50 AM.
Old 01-09-2021, 04:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S500
had a thought....
the documentation of the control unit in the central system is faulty
does this mean the info held in Germany is muddled...

or

the vehicle order (to use an more appropriate name from BMW world) inside my central gateway is muddled...
Old 01-10-2021, 02:49 AM

2007 S600, 911 & XJ8
BOTUS, I'm pretty sure I have a "virgin" 2007 221, except for the Telematics and a/c software. So, if there is a specific control module I can check, let me know. Here's the Comand update #:

Note the software version is slightly different from the # you cited in post # 32.

I never noticed it before but I think I have the Type 1 volume muting described in post # 31. The audio volume nicely decreases when the "direction's lady" speaks. But, only noticeable at higher radio volumes.

So, I've continued to try to find a way to change back any programming changes, including deleting all 221902**** CFF's from Xentry as I proposed in post #28. I can report, that that neither allows you to go back or, very strangely, update to the older 221442**** CFF's. I say strange because it wants to update to 221902**** even though I purged all of them from the "Data selection" drives.

As said earlier, this is pretty much an academic experiment at this point... Mostly done to see if it is possible to revert to old software if you don't like the changes made... So far, my answer is "No", as Ninja said in post #18.

Maybe a new thread on recommended software updates vs ones that should be "left alone" would be useful, as we continue to mind-numb with all the CFF #'s on this thread???

Regards... Mark

Last edited by mcypert; 01-10-2021 at 03:33 AM.
Old 01-10-2021, 03:14 AM
SPONSOR

WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
BOTUS, I'm pretty sure I have a "vigin" 2007 221, except for the Telematics and a/c software. So, if there is a specific control module I can check, let me know. Here's the Comand update #:

Note the software version is slightly different from the # you cited in post # 32.

I never noticed it before but I think I have the Type 1 volume muting described in post # 31. The audio volume nicely decreases when the "direction's lady" speaks. But, only noticeable at higher radio volumes.

So, I've continued to try to find a way to change back any programming changes, including deleting all 221902**** CFF's from Xentry as I proposed in post #28. I can report, that that neither allows you to go back or, very strangely, update to the older 221442**** CFF's. I say strange because it wants to update to 221902**** even though I purged all of them from the "Data selection" drives.

As said earlier, this is pretty much an academic experiment at this point... Mostly done to see if it is possible to revert to old software if you don't like the changes made... So far, my answer is "No", as Ninja said in post #18.

Maybe a new thread on recommended software updates vs ones that should be "left alone" would be useful, as we continue to mind-numb with all the CFF #'s on this thread???

Regards... Mark
everything can be reversed in theory, with vediamo and skills
anyone needing any CFF files, just pm me. I have them ALL
94ttsupra (02-03-2024)
Old 01-10-2021, 04:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S500
as I see the ACC all odd and the NAV mute bug, I think it could be related

I suspect the info from the OCP - (the roof module again using sensible BMW terminology) - as processed in the later R SAM software for temp info and mic ambient noise levels is put in a tail spin
ACC - I like to have all in manual, (hate auto, as its auto always wrong in my world) . Old software: set air flow to 3 big arrows screen face feet and temp to manual 21 C (70F), fan to manual speed 3 and then never ever touch any AC controls for the rest of the cars life = always perfect almost no noise

Post R SAM, ACC, UCP, to 221902xxxx software (and OCP got a new version but not 221902xxxx)

Airflow to the face is 1/2 what is was, needs fan to 5 to get similar flow but then noise is doubled.
Airflow to face and feet seems to come and go, sometimes one side of the car doesn't work. Fiddle with controls and set back to where they were and it starts to function again.
Generally a lot more random and silly like its in part Auto regardless of manual settings . As it was so bad I hooked up my snap on solus ultra (with up to date software) and checked then decided to use the auto reset feature of tool on the ACC. It seems more muddled afterwards.. But my current thinking there is maybe snap on isn't wrong for the original software but as the ACC and R SAM update is muddled the snap on reset muddles things even more as little in it gets made sense?????

R SAM
SW09.43
FW 221902903
MB 2215454832

ACC
SW 10.44
FW2219024202
MB 221870091

UCP (upper control panel front button set - is this the heater and the ones beside the speedo?)
SW 10.07
FW 2219021102

OCP (overhead control panel - the roof module)
SW 06.28
FW 2164420323

Last edited by BOTUS; 01-10-2021 at 05:01 AM.
Old 01-10-2021, 12:34 PM
SPONSOR

WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
Originally Posted by BOTUS
as I see the ACC all odd and the NAV mute bug, I think it could be related

I suspect the info from the OCP - (the roof module again using sensible BMW terminology) - as processed in the later R SAM software for temp info and mic ambient noise levels is put in a tail spin
ACC - I like to have all in manual, (hate auto, as its auto always wrong in my world) . Old software: set air flow to 3 big arrows screen face feet and temp to manual 21 C (70F), fan to manual speed 3 and then never ever touch any AC controls for the rest of the cars life = always perfect almost no noise

Post R SAM, ACC, UCP, to 221902xxxx software (and OCP got a new version but not 221902xxxx)

Airflow to the face is 1/2 what is was, needs fan to 5 to get similar flow but then noise is doubled.
Airflow to face and feet seems to come and go, sometimes one side of the car doesn't work. Fiddle with controls and set back to where they were and it starts to function again.
Generally a lot more random and silly like its in part Auto regardless of manual settings . As it was so bad I hooked up my snap on solus ultra (with up to date software) and checked then decided to use the auto reset feature of tool on the ACC. It seems more muddled afterwards.. But my current thinking there is maybe snap on isn't wrong for the original software but as the ACC and R SAM update is muddled the snap on reset muddles things even more as little in it gets made sense?????

R SAM
SW09.43
FW 221902903
MB 2215454832

ACC
SW 10.44
FW2219024202
MB 221870091

UCP (upper control panel front button set - is this the heater and the ones beside the speedo?)
SW 10.07
FW 2219021102

OCP (overhead control panel - the roof module)
SW 06.28
FW 2164420323

You drive a Guard version Botus ?
Old 01-10-2021, 03:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S500
? not sure what that means. Its high spec 221 long wheel base (not armoured or any special equipment)
Old 01-10-2021, 04:59 PM
SPONSOR

WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
Originally Posted by BOTUS
? not sure what that means. Its high spec 221 long wheel base (not armoured or any special equipment)
ohh I thought I saw armored
always wondered what a nightmare it would be having a guard mercedes
crazy weight, windows only opening half or less, special tires you must order from I don't know where
maintaining must be crazy
BOTUS (01-10-2021)
Old 01-10-2021, 11:48 PM

2007 S600, 911 & XJ8
BOTUS, sorry to hear of your AAC woes. Like the voice-over volume adjustments you discussed in post # 31, I've never paid attention to the a/c operation. As you said, I just leave it in Auto and hardly ever touch it. As mentioned earlier, the AAC "Read coding and change if necessary" has many settings including "Hot Climate", the default for USA and Japan. I also had a R134a adventure last summer that I'll share when it gets warmer... Ironically, it's the coldest night of the year here, at 8C...

But, as mentioned, I updated the AAC from 2214421005 to 2219024202 so, I'm hoping that doesn't create any of the bugs you described. The only way I know the old SW is 2214421005 is because that # is in the log records. Those log records are very interesting. It's a very long list of exactly what Xentry/DAS did to your car. If you had those, and a whole lot of time, you could tell which updates are interfering, as you've theorized... The Telematics log is strange indeed, as it's using the CFF's and the CD-ROM files to change 4 systems simultaneously... No wonder it takes almost an hour...

Also, I've continued to explore the possibility of "deprogramming" after an update.

Ninja, you posted in # 35, reversion is possible with Vediamo in theory. Do you have anything you can share with those of us using DIY Xentry?

Here's something I've figured out that relates back to post #28. There are "Flashfiles" in program data that are permanently loaded in Xentry every time you go to "Control module programming" and "Off-line Programming". Those are loaded even if you say, "NO" to programming. Without going into too much detail, the CFF's are read off your SDflash files and copied to "Flashfiles". I think this answers my question in posts # 28 and 34. i.e., why does DAS want to update to CFF's that are purged from the SDflash?

Again, I'm just experimenting but it looks to me like you must remove the (New) files from SDflash and the Xentry Flashfiles. Then, you 'Might' be able to reprogram with (Old) software.

But, you see, I'm just guessing. Although Xentry permanently saves the New CFF file, it permanently deletes the Old CFF file... At least my version does...

So to test my theory, I need the old CFF-- 2214421005 for AAC-- and, I don't have it...

As stated, this is mostly an academic exercise. But, based on BOTUS's complaints, I don't want to do further updates without the ability to reverse the changes. Any comments welcome...

Regards... Mark
Old 01-11-2021, 10:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S500
ever since I had the car the rear window blind reports an error in diagnostics but has-worked normally

9131 Hall Sensor of component M24 (rear window blind motor) is faulty.

07 March 2019 had the R Sam updated by SCN and finished up stating:

SCN 2219024903-15-0032
The following coding was successfully transferred
Rear Window Defroster
ATA National variant coding
ATA Volume control : Warning Buzzer
Equipment version
Flashing Stop Lamp
Voltage at component Reversing lamp

After one lot messed up swapping out my Rear SAM (trying to fix the Nav Mute bug) and we ended up putting back the original parts, I have an issue with error on N10/2kN Relay
As this relay is powered on its control circuit and does actually switch contrary to the Fault code which says it doesn't. Today I wanted to see if this muddled coding driving a fake error.
So we re did the SCN on the Rear SAM and MAGICALLY today it noticed its been forgetting set up for the rear blind whilst updating....

SCN 2219024903-90-001V
The new coding has changed compared to the original coding

Changed coding
VCD_Parameterisation Rear Blind - Hr initialisation: not initialised (initialised)

actually in german it said....
VCD_Parametrierung Heckrollo - Hr Intialisierung: nicht initialisiert (intialisiert)

Last edited by BOTUS; 01-11-2021 at 10:56 AM.
Old 01-12-2021, 12:51 AM

2007 S600, 911 & XJ8
Final Report on Offline Programming

BOTUS, interesting... As said in the previous post, the event logs may clear up what has happened with your SCN coding. (The dealer isn't likely to ever look at them but they might let you have a copy and, if you care to spend the time, the info is there.) Here's a 'snippet' of what my AAC/KLA programming log looks like:
[ECU_ID_First]
DASName=KLA9
DiogName=KLA221
DiogVar=FKLA_0204
MBS=2218700091
MBS_ZGS=
HW=05.16
SW=05.46
DiagVer=2/4
DiagVer_hex=0204
Supplier=Behr
ManufactDate=
[FLASHWARE]
FW_old=2214421005
FW_current=2219024202
SG_ECUsection=ECU1
SG_MBS=2218700091
SG_FITTINGFLASHSW=2219024202_001
SG_DIOGNAME=KLA221
SG_NEWFLASHSW=2219024202_001
The log info above is about mid-way through the log but, note:
'FW_old=2214421005'
'FW_current=2219024202'
'SG_FITTINGFLASHSW=2219024202_001'

These are the CFF #'s. Other info in the log shows the programming, above my pay-grade, and modules affected, which may confirm your theories.

Anyway, here's my final (I think) report on 'Offline Programming': In my quest to reverse or 'deprogram' my a/c update, so far, I have to agree it can't be done with DAS. So, once you update, you are stuck with the new FW, even if you don't like the changes. (My previous posts in this thread describe some of my testing to use older software.) The system is a 'Roach Motel'. The CFF's check-in but can't check-out...

To summarize, I updated AAC because DAS told me to, although it was not necessary. Everything in post #1 is valid for updating Telematics and, you still have to switch 'magnetic clutch installed' to "NO" but, you don't have to do any other updates.

So, my question remains, which updates beyond Telematics should be done? BOTUS has been the only one reporting based on personal experience... and has given several software #'s that he thinks make things worse. (Which I don't doubt is possible or even likely, but that's a statistical sampling of '1'.) Next step is probably a thread for 'Who Want's to be a Millionaire-- ask the audience', or, as the birth of statistics is known, 'The Rule of Big Numbers' to increase the sample size... New Thread to follow...

Many thanks to all who replied... Mark
Old 01-17-2021, 06:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S500
Thought I finish off the circle on my tale of woe

Sept 2014 telematics updated at main dealer - all works no faults
Nov 2015 DAB retrofitted and added to data card at Merc toy specialist - all works no faults
Mar 2019 Updated rear SAM (as it said we needed to) and did some other modules (of which I believe only the Roof module OCP could be related) And end up with a bug that's still on the car to this day.

Source mute to allow you to hear Nav instructions is switched off after SCN software updates.

JAN 2020 attempt to change R SAM for one on original software – garage failed and damaged some wires and confused some modules – now have more bugs
JAN 2021 reflashed R SAM, bugs go away and miraculously 13 years after build Mercedes finally remember to SCN the rear blind to the car (with updated coding)

Still have the Source mute bug. So I think Mercedes have cost me $1000 and two years trying, as they still need to turn back on the mute feature with SCN !!!

Last edited by BOTUS; 01-20-2021 at 09:37 AM.
Old 01-19-2021, 03:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
w219 CLS 320- Distronic and Keyless
Disc

This is an amazing guide, i followed it with my xentry passthrough and tatrix 2.0. However i have got as far insert the update disc, which i cant find anywhere. anyone know where i can download 2218270065_0001?
Old 01-20-2021, 10:58 PM

2007 S600, 911 & XJ8
Originally Posted by zainie786
This is an amazing guide, i followed it with my xentry passthrough and tatrix 2.0. However i have got as far insert the update disc, which i cant find anywhere. anyone know where i can download 2218270065_0001?
Zainie786, kind of fun isn't it? But, to cogently answer your question, best advice for this site is, "just google it." See, part 3 in post # 1.

The CD-ROM is available as MB part # A221-827-06-65-26 but, without an exhaustive search of dealers selling it, one USA dealer told me it has to come from Germany. About 50USD with (State's-side) shipping. See, "SIDEBAR" in part 2. I'll add; buying it from a dealer and waiting for shipping from Germany was not the option I chose....

However, I noticed you are looking for '2218270065_0001'. The correct CD is: '2218270665_0001'. (I looked for it so long, I have it memorized...)

The '0065' CD does "something" but, not the same thing as the '0665'. I think you need the '0665' CD to update Telematics to the correct software version. Here again are the file and folders in '0665':

Also, just "guessing" (you'll note, "guessing" is the primogenitor of my successful path), you might have a less-than-optimal version of SDflash. See, part 5 in post # 1...

SDflash 2012-11 worked for me and, I checked, and my copy of 2012-11 had both the CDI files for '0065' and '0665', although, my copy of SDflash 2012-11 doesn't have the folders (HU221, etc.) needed to burn the CD-ROM. So, if DAS is asking for '0065', you are not quite there yet, IMHO…

As said, ain't it fun??? Let us know how it works out...

Regards... Mark

Edit: Just noticed you have a W219 so, maybe '0065' is correct. However, maybe not... if that is what your STAR diagnostic is asking for??? Good luck...

Last edited by mcypert; 01-20-2021 at 11:09 PM.
Old 01-20-2021, 11:41 PM

Zainie786, kind of fun isn't it? But, to cogently answer your question, best advice for this site is, "just google it." See, part 3 in post # 1.

The CD-ROM is available as MB part # A221-827-06-65-26 but, without an exhaustive search of dealers selling it, one USA dealer told me it has to come from Germany. About 50USD with (State's-side) shipping. See, "SIDEBAR" in part 2. I'll add; buying it from a dealer and waiting for shipping from Germany was not the option I chose....

However, I noticed you are looking for '2218270065_0001'. The correct CD is: '2218270665_0001'. (I looked for it so long, I have it memorized...)

The '0065' CD does "something" but, not the same thing as the '0665'. I think you need the '0665' CD to update Telematics to the correct software version. Here again are the file and folders in '0665':

Also, just "guessing" (you'll note, "guessing" is the primogenitor of my successful path), you might have a less-than-optimal version of SDflash. See, part 5 in post # 1...

SDflash 2012-11 worked for me and, I checked, and my copy of 2012-11 had both the CDI files for '0065' and '0665', although, my copy of SDflash 2012-11 doesn't have the folders (HU221, etc.) needed to burn the CD-ROM. So, if DAS is asking for '0065', you are not quite there yet, IMHO…

As said, ain't it fun??? Let us know how it works out...

Regards... Mark

Edit: Just noticed you have a W219 so, maybe '0065' is correct. However, maybe not... if that is what your STAR diagnostic is asking for??? Good luck...
Mark, thanks again for the help. I upgraded to a w221 but forgot to change the signature:

the command was definitely asking for the 0065 disc, and because I couldn’t find it anywhere, I bit the bullet and paid $25 for one of the weird sites. Ultimately, I found both 0065 and 0665 and tried both. The unit accepted 0065, and nearly 3 hours later, update complete. Love the Birdseye. For some reason the Date fix cd went through, but didn’t make a difference. (I’m assuming because of the software version) Star is insisting that I have the latest update though.

However, I have a new issue now. I started the distronic update, which stopped halfway through. The car is reporting that the ECU has no software... I’ve put the car on charge because I’m sure the battery is the culprit. Any attempts to run the update have failed less than 10% of the way through.

im hoping when it’s fully charged it should go through, but any suggestions?
Old 01-21-2021, 12:37 AM

2007 S600, 911 & XJ8
Zainie, you've gone above my "pay-grade" as an experimental hobbyist. However, two things you've described give me pause:

1. Nearly three hours to update Telematics... Most say no more than 50 minutes and, that was my experience. And, from what I've read, '0665' is the correct CD, although, IIRC, others have said DAS "can" ask for '0065' before '0665'???

2. You suspect low battery during an update (Distronic)... I have no personal experience, other than >8 amps seems to maintain the battery for at least up to two hours with Xentry connected. MB recommends 30 amps. "Others" say that can kill the ECU... Is Distronic dead?

I have stayed away from further updates... Mostly based on BOTUS's complaints of '221902****' updates... Distronic/ABR in particular... I stopped and clicked "NO", when I got here (Note, it says, "duration 5 Minutes.")

Also, as most control modules seem "happy" with "old" software, I've seen little need to update beyond Telematics... And, very little input from this post:

https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w...-question.html

So, suggestions??? I don't have many. I'm still waiting for more data from the thread above... But, I'd guess, your current plan seems sound.

Regards... Mark

Last edited by mcypert; 01-21-2021 at 01:22 AM.
Old 01-21-2021, 09:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S500
the dealer tools refuse to start programming unless its >14.2v. Never try to flash on just the battery it will end in tears

3hrs for a very out of date telematics is what the guys here say it can take... but they also talk about "Mercedes time" for example a 90 min update can be done in 30 minutes

the clock fix I believe should go on correctly if its running late enough software. One other guy could get it to work
Old 01-21-2021, 09:34 AM
SPONSOR

WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
8 amps should be fine
I have done hundreds with less
make sure the charger is on boost, make sure your auto-lights is off
also, you can test this: hook up your VCI, key on two check the battery level after 30min

then concerning the time it takes. I don't remember on your vintage das, but on new Xentry/Das sometimes it can show 40 min and its done in 10 ect
sometimes 14 min and its done in 1
this for modules in general. not talking specifically about Command
good luck
Old 01-21-2021, 09:38 AM

Battery charged but failed

So I tried again this afternoon after charging the car (rear battery all night) sadly it also failed. I have a more powerful (50amp) charger coming tomorrow as my current is 5amp. I’m currently charging the bonnet battery to see if that helps...

At the same time I tried to use Vediamo, but it also fails showing ecu contact has broken off.

I tried to look for the current firmware, but can’t find so I used the update on vediamo.

BOTUS - 14.2v, I’m assuming not with the engine running? My charger puts out 13.6? Do they have special chargers?

Ninja - all accessories off. Will try your suggestion to see if charger is useless.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: DAS Offline Programming & Telematics Update, DIY