S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

2014 S-class

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.50 average.

Old 07-06-2013, 03:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few horses...and an '09 GS350
Originally Posted by Tjdehya
How to ignore a forum troll:

Look on the left side of your screen on the mbworld.org forum control bar, click on "Use CP"
Look in the left column under "Settings & Options", click on "Edit Ignore List"
In the center of your screen under "Add a Member to Your List..." type the trolls name exactly as it appear in a thread.
Click "Okay"
And like magic... the forum is again a somewhat pleasurable place.

Unfortunately you still see the trolls post whenever someone quote them but if enough people start to ignore the troll then the "somewhat" pleasurable forum can become a "mostly pleasurable forum.

Enjoy!
Hey!!! Never do that, K-A will come and haunt you in your dreams with his perpetual logical reasoning. Worst dream anyone can ever have.
Old 07-06-2013, 03:43 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,420 Likes on 2,858 Posts
2012 CLS63
REBOOT!!!!!

Originally Posted by cookstar
New pictures without camo , Global reveal set for May.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/future-c...class-revealed

Update!!!: Interior pics
http://www.autoevolution.com/news-g-...9958.html#sjmp

REBOOT!!!!!
Old 07-06-2013, 09:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,028 Likes on 745 Posts
2010 E350 4Matic
Gorgeous Car!!! From what I've read it rides superbly and is very quick for such a large car.

Last edited by MBNUT1; 07-06-2013 at 09:17 PM.
Old 07-06-2013, 09:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
2014 BMW M235i
I think the AMG derivations are going to be bad***, more of a rocketship than anything. It took me a while to get used to the new design language of the interior but wow does it look good especially with the interior lighting.
Old 07-06-2013, 09:26 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Apparently someone caught one on U.S soil in the East Coast:

Sports Pack (not sure if they're still calling it "AMG Sports Pack") is a must, IMO:

With a couple of its Daddy's:

This I believe was in the U.S as well but appears to be a Euro spec model:

Old 07-06-2013, 10:35 PM

It will be very interesting to see how it will compare to the rolls' and bentleys with regards to market share. This generation really seems to promise very significant technological advancement. Audi and BMW revealed their successors to the W221 a decent chunk of time after its release which I think helped them as they able to incorporate technologies that were perhaps newer. This time however, the LS, A8 were launched earlier, this could potentially mean some lost earnings as the redesigns are probably quite far away.
Old 07-06-2013, 10:59 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by -NeObLaZtEr-
It will be very interesting to see how it will compare to the rolls' and bentleys with regards to market share. This generation really seems to promise very significant technological advancement. Audi and BMW revealed their successors to the W221 a decent chunk of time after its release which I think helped them as they able to incorporate technologies that were perhaps newer. This time however, the LS, A8 were launched earlier, this could potentially mean some lost earnings as the redesigns are probably quite far away.
The way it usually works is the S seems to go "first" in that its redesigns set the bar. The next 7 Series will launch as a 2015 or 2016 (U.S MY) and will essentially be BMW's answer to the S. I don't think the A8 is due for a re-design until 2018 or so. The current A8 is supposedly more technologically advanced than its competitors, up until the W222 launches, but it doesn't really command much cachet.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by K-A
The way it usually works is the S seems to go "first" in that its redesigns set the bar. The next 7 Series will launch as a 2015 or 2016 (U.S MY) and will essentially be BMW's answer to the S. I don't think the A8 is due for a re-design until 2018 or so. The current A8 is supposedly more technologically advanced than its competitors, up until the W222 launches, but it doesn't really command much cachet.
Exactly. It's almost as if its "hey I'm out to destroy you fella, want to prepare a little more to have a chance against me?"
Old 07-07-2013, 05:47 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by -NeObLaZtEr-
Exactly. It's almost as if its "hey I'm out to destroy you fella, want to prepare a little more to have a chance against me?"
Totally. And I gotta give props to Mercedes for really seeming to go all out on the W222 to ensure that they're not ready for people to stop looking to it as the benchmark, as the "one who comes first" in a way that paints a picture of the competitors offerings being the their best "answers" to the S Class, as opposed to the other way around. As Mercedes expands their lower-priced product portfolio they knew they needed to deliver an S that can carry the Full-Size Luxury-Sedan torch, and it seems as if any punches they've pulled on any of their other models were done so the S Class wouldn't suffer any or many.

I'm curious to see what the next gen 7-Series has in store, however I doubt BMW would go "all out" as the 7 isn't really the company's flagship, which is where Mercedes' advantage sits in this segment. BMW's flagship IMO is the 3 or maybe the 5, and these days it seems as if they develop the 7 to basically put all its best features into those smaller cars (who being smaller will also inherently outdrive the 7) not to mention they literally give its chassis to the smaller 5 giving the 5 a huge leg-up in its segment due to that.

The S always seems to sit apart from the Mercedes lineup and I hope they keep it that way.

I think Audi needs to realize that if they want to be players in this segment, they need to really make the A8 look like anything but the large A4 it looks like today. I honestly can't tell a difference between the two sometimes!

Fact of the matter is that many people considered the W221 to be the benchmark in its segment until THIS VERY DAY. That's impressive, and means that model will go down as a classic Mercedes. It also means that the W222 has big shoes to fill and can't settle for less than being considered at least amongst the best of the best until the day the W223 comes out. Crazy to think but that's truly what its task is.... it owes it to the W221.
Old 07-07-2013, 01:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You guys (K.A.) sure have plenty of time in your hands... I wonder how you can afford your BMWs and MBs with all these multi-paragraph posts and 15k-word daily regimen. To any sane person with enough wherewithal/success to afford a $60k+ automobile, such time is a waste as there are much better things to do with your day.... Or, your passion for cars is so unhealthy that it consumes all of your non-working hours. Or else, you are unemployed and the cars are in fact borrowed from the internet. Regardless, these threads are starting to be so clogged that it becomes a labor to filter all the BS and counter-replies in order to get anything of actual value from this forum. WTF. Going back to GCF, where thankfully, there is less bull**** in the last few months.
Old 07-07-2013, 02:05 PM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
I don't have a job...........unless you count 'stay at home Dad'
Old 07-07-2013, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by hyperion667
I don't have a job...........unless you count 'stay at home Dad'
There is plenty of honor in that.
Old 07-07-2013, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Pagani
You guys (K.A.) sure have plenty of time in your hands... I wonder how you can afford your BMWs and MBs with all these multi-paragraph posts and 15k-word daily regimen. To any sane person with enough wherewithal/success to afford a $60k+ automobile, such time is a waste as there are much better things to do with your day.... Or, your passion for cars is so unhealthy that it consumes all of your non-working hours. Or else, you are unemployed and the cars are in fact borrowed from the internet. Regardless, these threads are starting to be so clogged that it becomes a labor to filter all the BS and counter-replies in order to get anything of actual value from this forum. WTF. Going back to GCF, where thankfully, there is less bull**** in the last few months.
No, I think it is primarily on the weekends when there is this much conversation. It is such a passion that can seem very odd, but it does exist, and it is stimulating to write about such things, it doesn't seem like such a waste of time. While some people enjoy doing jumping-jacks, we enjoy writing about this "****". Isn't this is what a thread is for? I don't see what you mean by filtering through counter-reply B.S, as it is all interesting stuff related to the the car. We are all intrigued by this type of thing, and if you don't find it interesting to read through, this type of thread is not for you, or this isn't your passion.
Old 07-07-2013, 05:51 PM

My criticism is meant for K.A.'s counter-replies to everything, which invite further counter-replies and so forth. I actually find it hard to filter through the lines of "you said that, here is my reply, oh no you didn't" etc.

But this is easily solvable by going somewhere else. I liked MBworld.org because it is an owner-intensive forum where people speak in practical terms and about ownership or impending ownership. When half the page is taken with ludicrous back-and-forth about the same old stuff, well, this former benefit is pretty thinned out.

Scratch what I said if you want and back to regular programming. I am certainly moving on.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:20 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

You guys (K.A.) sure have plenty of time in your hands... I wonder how you can afford your BMWs and MBs with all these multi-paragraph posts and 15k-word daily regimen. To any sane person with enough wherewithal/success to afford a $60k+ automobile, such time is a waste as there are much better things to do with your day.... Or, your passion for cars is so unhealthy that it consumes all of your non-working hours. Or else, you are unemployed and the cars are in fact borrowed from the internet. Regardless, these threads are starting to be so clogged that it becomes a labor to filter all the BS and counter-replies in order to get anything of actual value from this forum.
And here you are ignoring Hype's "REBOOT" with more drama-queen soap-box BS.

Yesterday I had time to go to dinner, a movie ("This Is The End".... funny), check and manage my accounts for the upcoming week, book my upcoming business schedules, sleep in from the night before while being out (and getting paid) 'till 4AM, have sexy-times with my girlfriend (twice), and drive said "$65K car" through some "twisties". I even had time to get into an argument about marriage and kids with said female counterpart and then come out of it (which as anyone who's been in a relationship knows could be an all day consumption in itself).

Yet I still could go all day about cars writing multi-paragraph posts

Just 'cause you can't, doesn't mean I/we can't.

Mr. 12 posts. Why don't you talk W222, something objective and of value? That's what this thread is for is it not? Maybe provide something before criticizing others who do.

Last edited by K-A; 07-07-2013 at 08:26 PM.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,028 Likes on 745 Posts
2010 E350 4Matic
The W222 reminds me more of the W220 than the W221 in exterior styling. To the point that I have developed a renewed interest in purchasing a W220 chassis given that a W222 would put a sizable dent in my net worth. My limited experience in driving W220 resembles what has been stated about the W222. Very smooth but fun to drive. I like much smaller cars (c class size) but I really liked the W220. I found it quite enjoyable to drive, particularly compared to my even more limited experiance in a W221. I was afraid to back the thing as it was so big and frankly I didn't think that it rode as well. I think that was due entirely due to the difference in tire size 16" (W220) vs 18" for the W221. I expect that the W222 will be a super version of the W220.

Last edited by MBNUT1; 07-07-2013 at 09:24 PM.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:34 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by MBNUT1
The W222 reminds me more of the W220 than the W221 in exterior styling. To the point that I have developed a renewed interest in purchasing a W220 chassis given that a W222 would put a sizable dent in my net worth. My limited experience in driving W220 resembles what has been stated about the W222. Very smooth but fun to drive. I like much smaller cars (c class size) but I really liked the W220. I found it quite enjoyable to drive, particularly compared to my even more limited experiance in a W221. I was afraid to back the thing as it was so big and frankly I didn't think that it rode as well. I think that was due entirely due to the difference in tire size 16" (W220) vs 18" for the W221. I expect that the W222 will be a super version of the W220.
TOTALLY agreed. IMO the W222 seems like it was evolved from the W220 even more so than the W221. The rear window is all W220, the whole character is. The front grille being more kind of a "round square" as opposed to the W221's "sharp point" is also very W220. The headlights as well seem to be very similar to the exact shape of the W220's.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 BMW M235i
Well gee you ever think that maybe people on this forum work hard to afford these vehicles? That if you work hard early on in life that you will live a much comfortable life later on with less time devoted to work? I also write very verbose replies and I'm glad I do because I'm not WASTING TIME I am HELPING PEOPLE especially people like you that have 12 posts on this forum and haven't contributed to anything positive. You're the one inciting problems here, K-A was back on topic before you decided to butt-in and insult everyone here who likes to put thought into their replies. K-A, Vettdvr, Fila, Crafty, Berti, MBNut, Sportstick, Kompression, JasinP, etc are all very helpful people that I have never thought of as being lazy or wasting their time on the Internet. Cars are a passion for us here, and if you want to come here and give us guidelines about how much time we should spend replying to your questions then you need to reassess your life plan. They're obviously very successful and intelligent people, even some at a very young age, and if you're jealous of that here is not the place to express it.

You have NO RIGHT to judge anyone where and their financial situation, or how they use their time, or how they acquired their cars. Did we ask you for the money to buy our Mercedes? No. So unless you want to be a productive member of MBWorld cut the ****

Sorry for the rant with some choice words but I really hate that people make assumptions about others' ages, financial situations, day-to-day responsibilities, and personal lives. Last time I checked there's nothing wrong with being curious about it but outright making those assumptions and criticizing him for that is plain wrong. We face enough adversity in this world already in real life that I don't want to come onto this forum when I'm relaxed and see the same type of discriminatory BS happen here as it does to people every day. If you're as young as I am and you drive a nice German car with a stigma already attached to it, you will realize that people often make very wrong assumptions about you and prejudge you on stupid, materialistic standards that have nothing to do with my existential worth as a person.

Last edited by AMGAffalterbach; 07-08-2013 at 03:00 AM.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:07 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by AMGAffalterbach
Well gee you ever think that maybe people on this forum work hard to afford these vehicles? That if you work hard early on in life that you will live a much comfortable life later on with less time devoted to work? I also write very verbose replies and I'm glad I do because I'm not WASTING TIME I am HELPING PEOPLE especially people like you that have 12 posts on this forum and haven't contributed to anything positive. You're the one inciting problems here, K-A was back on topic before you decided to butt-in and insult everyone here who likes to put thought into their replies. K-A, Vettdvr, Fila, Crafty, Berti, MBNut, Sportstick, Kompression, JasinP, etc are all very helpful people that I have never thought of as being lazy or wasting their time on the Internet. Cars are a passion for us here, and if you want to come here and give us guidelines about how much time we should spend replying to your questions then you need to reassess your life plan. They're obviously very successful and intelligent people, even some at a very young age, and if you're jealous of that here is not the place to express it.

You have NO RIGHT to judge anyone where and their financial situation, or how they use their time, or how they acquired their cars. Did we ask you for the money to buy our Mercedes? No. So unless you want to be a productive member of MBWorld cut the ****

Sorry for the rant with some choice words but I really hate that people make assumptions about others' ages, financial situations, day-to-day responsibilities, and personal lives. Last time I checked there's nothing wrong with being curious about it but outright making those assumptions and criticizing him for that is plain wrong. We face enough adversity in this world already in real life that I don't want to come onto this forum when I'm relaxed and see the same type of discriminatory BS happen here as it does to people every day. If you're as young as I am and you drive a nice German car with a stigma already attached to it, you will realize that people often make very wrong assumptions about you and prejudge you on stupid, materialistic standards that have nothing to do with my existential worth as a person.
This great post needs to be quoted like 1,000x. Well said and indeed the topic at least picked up back to W222 info/opinions/thoughts, etc. Now where's that Facebook "Like" button.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 BMW M235i
Old 07-08-2013, 07:29 AM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63

you're starting to sound like a young KA brother
shouldn't you be out looking for chicks?

I agree, KA has been helpful and informative.......and I let him know that.....and that was positive.........the other guy is the yang of that......you have to take both you know?
Old 07-08-2013, 11:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2005 ML350, 2008 GL320, 2013 Gl350
Old 07-08-2013, 02:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 94 Likes on 75 Posts
2014 S550 - SOLD, 2014 GL550 - SOLD, 2014 GL63 AMG, 2015 S63 AMG Sedan, 2015 S63 AMG Coupe

+ 1
Old 07-08-2013, 11:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Testing in Canada ( for once)

Old 07-08-2013, 11:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.50 average.

Quick Reply: 2014 S-class