Mercedes Benz of Brooklyn - New Name, Same old ****

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 12:16 AM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2014 S550
Originally Posted by XxLHCxX
You car looks amazing!!! I am about to order mine very soon. As to winter tyres, have you thought of any tire packages and the brand and model of tyres you are going to use for them?

As to the rear entertainment system, I am thinking of getting it mainly because of the remotes that can control basically everything in the car. However, how useful are the rear screens? You can basically program anything in the rear screens such as navigation and all the stuff am I correct?

Thank you in advance
I have a set of tires and wheels i put on my W221 which I'm sure would fit here too. I suppose I better confirm that but don't forsee a problem.

I haven't yet used the rear screens - I imagine they would come in handy on long trips if my friends go with me but otherwise, I agree with you - the remotes controlling the Comand is enjoyable and for dialing the phone. Otherwise, its a gimmick. (still it looks great haha)

You can see the nav from the back tvs though but again, its only a big deal if you have passengers that care to see that rather than just lean to the side to see the main screen.
Old 12-04-2013, 12:17 AM
Banned

2014 S550
Originally Posted by Staff@WORLD
I have a 2013 on a short lease (can't wait to get into the new one) and it sucks how the dealers are back east. I moved to Cali from New York 1 1/2 years ago and out hear you can walk in, by the car and drive it out that day. They don't put plates on the car when you buy a new car, it's the weirdest thing.

I have a bone to pick with you Chuck300. It's that picture of that Peter Lugers dinner that just made me really hungry for something that I can't get out here, arghhhh.

Seriously though, good luck with your car and if you are ever having a hard time finding any aftermarket parts that you may be interested, let me know and I will see iff I can help you out with that. Enjoy the car.

-Craig
LOL Everyone thinks its Lugers but its actually a place on Long Island called Jimmy Heys. I'm not a fan of Lugers.

Will keep you posted if I need anything. Thanks a lot!
Old 12-04-2013, 12:19 AM
Banned

2014 S550
Originally Posted by aeggroup
I have the same kind of experience. I was their customer for last 8 years, leased 8 cars for my family and servicing them when they were Sovereign. Not anymore after my last week's visit. These people got spoiled and it's about time to teach them a lesson.
I can recommend Rockville Center LI and Silver Star in Queens.
How did they treat you? You should call MBUSA in NJ and ask to speak with Sean.

Describe what they did to you?

They basically showed me the side of them that doesn't want my money
Old 12-05-2013, 03:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C300 4Matic
Ah yes, SOVEREIGN who now changed their name to Mercedes Benz of Brooklyn since it was so tarnished.

They are HORRIBLE. We have bought / leased a handful of cars from them. Always a very stressful buying experience. They actually show anger as you work toward a good price with them. That's not the worst though - their service department is even more deplorable. On numerous occasions we had vehicles returned with damage. One time they smashed the bumper into one of the yellow pillars in the garage.

Years ago I bought a CPO vehicle from them only to find a few months later that the rear bumper had been repainted -- directly over the old paint. Their 'repair' was flaking right off.

My favorite though was when looking at CPO cars. One had water damage (they store their vehicles in a parking lot behind the dealership which is right on the water) and they insisted that I was crazy. The other was dented to hell and had clear-coat damage. I was told "that'll buff right out". Insane.
Old 12-05-2013, 03:30 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
2012 Mercedes SLS, 2014 Mercedes SLS Black Series, 2014 E63S, 2013 S550, 2012 ML63, 2013 C250
Originally Posted by Chucky300
LOL Everyone thinks its Lugers but its actually a place on Long Island called Jimmy Heys. I'm not a fan of Lugers.

Will keep you posted if I need anything. Thanks a lot!
I moved from Long Island and I never heard of that place. The creamed Spinach does look different but the steak looks the same.

SEND ME SOME STEAK TO CALIFORNIA PLEASE, haha.
Old 12-05-2013, 03:40 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,399 Likes on 2,844 Posts
2012 CLS63
haha, I want to email them to tell them all the bad things I have heard about them....
do they think they are immune from giving excellent/good service?
Old 12-05-2013, 07:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 344 Likes on 215 Posts
S560
I'm not a fan of Lugers.
And some people hate bacon. But that doesn't make them right! I had L for lunch today. It was the second best steak I've ever had....
Old 12-05-2013, 09:58 PM
Banned

2014 S550
Originally Posted by emilner
And some people hate bacon. But that doesn't make them right! I had L for lunch today. It was the second best steak I've ever had....
Correction: NO ONE HATES BACON!

First best is Mark Josephs, I know.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 344 Likes on 215 Posts
S560

First best is Mark Josephs, I know.
Dear God you did not just say that. Nothing personal but they are a smidge ahead of Outback. My least favorite of all steakhouses I've ever been to. Correction- Old Homestead was worse.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:00 PM
Banned

2014 S550
Originally Posted by emilner
Dear God you did not just say that. Nothing personal but they are a smidge ahead of Outback. My least favorite of all steakhouses I've ever been to. Correction- Old Homestead was worse.
No offense taken. I'll enjoy Mark Josephs. You enjoy Lugers. I disagree completely about the ranking but then again, I don't work for Zagats.

Old Homestead used to be the best, but went down hill very fast a few years ago.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:30 PM

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts
2011 GL 550, 2010 MB S550, 2004 BMW 645Cic 1988 Corvette
My experience buying a car in Brooklyn was terrible. I dealt with Life Quality VW back in 2001 when I leased my first Passat.Terrible experience. I leased my 2nd Passat at VW of Freehold. Much better transaction.

Since than I only buy in NJ.

When I bought my first Benz I went to Mercedes Benz of Atlantic city. I had to travel, but I was going to Atlantic city so how bad could it be. The trip was worth it. The experience was top notch. I highly recommend them & would use again.

For service I use Ray Cantena. So far it has been nothing special. Just ok. If I had to compare them to BMW across the street BMW has them beat my a mile.
Old 12-06-2013, 11:59 PM
Banned

2014 S550
Originally Posted by The Thomas J
My experience buying a car in Brooklyn was terrible. I dealt with Life Quality VW back in 2001 when I leased my first Passat.Terrible experience. I leased my 2nd Passat at VW of Freehold. Much better transaction.

Since than I only buy in NJ.

When I bought my first Benz I went to Mercedes Benz of Atlantic city. I had to travel, but I was going to Atlantic city so how bad could it be. The trip was worth it. The experience was top notch. I highly recommend them & would use again.

For service I use Ray Cantena. So far it has been nothing special. Just ok. If I had to compare them to BMW across the street BMW has them beat my a mile.
On top of everything else, Sovereign tried to sell me new brakes and rotors after 3000 miles because I heard brake squeal.

Took it to Manhattan and my SA took me to my car and showed me the diff between good and worn brakes.

The visit cost me nothing but a bottle of Vodka to thank my SA, instead of the $4000 Sovereign told me. Thieves.

I only went back this time thinking it was new owners.
Old 12-22-2013, 04:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Can't comment about the Brooklyn dealer. But on LI, both Rockville Center and Rallye are excellent. Rockville Center has been totally redone - their new service facility is a sight to behold.