S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Options - most favorite least favorite

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 02:46 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,399 Likes on 2,844 Posts
2012 CLS63
not to be argumentative: I love music a lot, as do a lot of folks, I'm also a musician searching for that perfect sound.....not that the system is perfect, and I have not compared it to a car without it as the one I tested also had the upgrade......
but yes, upgrades elsewhere would be just as good too, just depends on budget I guess.....also some of the more exclusive options add build time which kind of blows lol
Old 06-14-2014, 03:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 315 Likes on 216 Posts
‘19 AMG S63
Originally Posted by texex91
I drove one for a day with 3D--certainly not worth $6500 to me. Use that for other options that make a difference. The 'base' Burmester is nothing short of amazing. Get executive leather package or something else...

The base Burmester system is simply awesome! I want to drive my car just to play the music in my car. This base system is 100 times better then my '08 S550 Harmon Kardon system. I also just read an article that talked about the Burmester standard system in the new S class. It was compared to the outgoing S class Bang & Olfeson $6500 option on the outgoing S class. The article stated the new S class standard Burmester system has much better sound quality then the $6500 option on the '13 S class.

So I agree that you might find some better options for the $6500. But obviously this is my personal opinion

Last edited by MTrauman; 06-14-2014 at 03:07 PM.
Old 06-14-2014, 11:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 42 Posts
2023 760i and 2023 EQS580V4
Originally Posted by MTrauman
The article stated the new S class standard Burmester system has much better sound quality then the $6500 option on the '13 S class.
Absolutely correct in my opinion as well. The new base system is incredible and when I first heard it after having the upgraded B&O system, I thought it was the 3D.
Old 07-01-2014, 12:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S 550
Why are rear seat fan and temperature controls an option?

My 2014 s550 has MSRP of $114K, with sport pkg, premium 1, driver assistance , warmth and comfort, exclusive Nappa, comfort box, air freshener and rear spoiler. However it does not have separate rear seat controls for fan and temperature! Why is this an option on any S550, when just about every inexpensive car has this? it makes it difficult to make rear passengers comfortable. It is inexcusable and makes an amazing, near perfect car a little less perfect. Order the option if you can.
Old 07-01-2014, 11:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 315 Likes on 216 Posts
‘19 AMG S63
Originally Posted by lsantora
My 2014 s550 has MSRP of $114K, with sport pkg, premium 1, driver assistance , warmth and comfort, exclusive Nappa, comfort box, air freshener and rear spoiler. However it does not have separate rear seat controls for fan and temperature! Why is this an option on any S550, when just about every inexpensive car has this? it makes it difficult to make rear passengers comfortable. It is inexcusable and makes an amazing, near perfect car a little less perfect. Order the option if you can.

MB has to have something to add as additional features that are standard over the next six to seven years to entice customers to buy new S class cars (the ones like us that have '14 S Class cars) before they re-do/redesign the car in about the year 2020. I am guessing this is somewhat intentional and frankly has been going on since I began with my first MB in 1987.
Old 06-07-2018, 08:26 PM

2005 Ford F150
Can you still smell the scent on the lowest setting?

Last edited by GeminiWolf; 06-07-2018 at 08:32 PM. Reason: It posted to the wrong thread.
Old 06-07-2018, 09:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,571 Likes on 2,041 Posts
2020 S560 Sedan, 2019 SL450, 2019 E450 Luxury Trim Wagon, '24 BMW I7 on order...
Originally Posted by GeminiWolf
Can you still smell the scent on the lowest setting?
GEEZE! Talk about an old thread being resurrected! OK, I’ll play: IMHO, “THE” VERY BEST OPTION EVER OFFERED BY ANY CAR COMPANY, is the Distronic system that, in the W222, is part of the Driver’s Assistance Package. Just got home from a 700+ mile drive from OC to Napa Valley and Montecito. The Distronic system works great. I cannot even imagine driving any distance without it. I am quite sure that it has saved my nerves, sanity and possibly a rear ender accident several times, in this INSANE California traffic. On a trip like this, I used it fully 90% of the time—maybe 95%! It’s like having another pair of eyes watching the road, while you are distracted by any number of things. Ever eat an In-‘n-Out “Double-Double” while driving I-5 at 80 mph? With Distronic, about the only thing you need worry about is making a mess on your shirt and even THAT is made much more controllable by Distronic. For any of you S Class drivers who might not have Distronic, I feel VERY sorry for you. Why Driver’s Assistance isn’t standard equipment on EVERY MB is just beyond me, as it should be. Distronic: don’t leave Home without it!
Old 06-07-2018, 09:49 PM

2005 Ford F150
Originally Posted by Streamliner

GEEZE! Talk about an old thread being resurrected! OK, I’ll play: IMHO, “THE” VERY BEST OPTION EVER OFFERED BY ANY CAR COMPANY, is the Distronic system that, in the W222, is part of the Driver’s Assistance Package. Just got home from a 700+ mile drive from OC to Napa Valley and Montecito. The Distronic system works great. I cannot even imagine driving any distance without it. I am quite sure that it has saved my nerves, sanity and possibly a rear ender accident several times, in this INSANE California traffic. On a trip like this, I used it fully 90% of the time—maybe 95%! It’s like having another pair of eyes watching the road, while you are distracted by any number of things. Ever eat an In-‘n-Out “Double-Double” while driving I-5 at 80 mph? With Distronic, about the only thing you need worry about is making a mess on your shirt and even THAT is made much more controllable by Distronic. For any of you S Class drivers who might not have Distronic, I feel VERY sorry for you. Why Driver’s Assistance isn’t standard equipment on EVERY MB is just beyond me, as it should be. Distronic: don’t leave Home without it!
It actually posted to the wrong thread. I thought I was posting to one about the scents they offer.
Old 06-07-2018, 11:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 301 Likes on 208 Posts
2022 EQS580
Originally Posted by Streamliner

I totally agree. I don't have the 2019 S 450 yet (can't wait until sometime in August when it arrives), but even my 2014 S is pretty awesome with Distronic. I know that there is a great improvement on this feature on the 2018-19 S. I would never buy another car without it.
Old 06-08-2018, 11:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 244 Likes on 196 Posts
2014 S550 AMG, 2017 XT5
Originally Posted by hyperion667
I don't think they're cooled as much as ventilated......but I may be wrong, they do provide a nice cool spot
Just ventilated... In Summer on the air flow, i set the footwell to -2 degree difference from set , in winter +2.