S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Whats your favorite thing about your new S550?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2015, 10:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S550
Whats your favorite thing about your new S550?

I ordered a S550 back in December. It has been produced and is waiting to be assigned to a ship. I've been waiting a week for ship assignment. I cannot wait to get this car as it will be my first Mercedes. I've been driving BMW's for the past 10 years or so. I've had two 7 Series, main reason I'm even willing to consider anything else really.

So, to pass the time and because I'm curious....please tell the board whats your favorite thing about your new S550? What have you found surprising? What have you found disappointing? How's the COMAND system? How has the break in gone? Did you order the Burmeister high end, if so how is it?

Especially interested to hear from those of you who have had previous generations of the S Class. Whats the biggest improvement? What could they have left out?

Thanks
Old 02-07-2015, 12:50 PM

'14 SL550
The best thing about the S550 is that MB nailed it. Unlike BMW which has done nothing but slide down the scale of driving and ownership enjoyment, MB has gone the other way and improved the driving and overall ownership experience. (I have had plenty of BMW's, not anymore, they have completely lost focus)
Old 02-07-2015, 02:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 345 Likes on 215 Posts
S560
I had a W221 and just traded in my 2012 F02. The 222 is just astonishing. Rides like a chariot on a cloud. Then hit the sport buttons and it unleashes beast mode. I have the regular Burn system which is excellent, I couldn't see spending the extra on the high end Burn. Command is substantially better, so much so I can't stand my wife's GL command.

It truly is a car that improved every single thing over the 221. The F01/02 7 series seems like a 10 year old car next to it...
Old 02-07-2015, 07:17 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,409 Likes on 2,852 Posts
2012 CLS63
Thumbs up nice choice

this is my first one: I like the burmeister very much, the seats heat up really fast, the heated armrests do NOT take long to get used to either
the ride is very smooth and comfortable as you'd imagine, it's a big car IMO, but you get used to that too....
the interior is what really drew me to the car: I still think the exterior is a bit bland (IMO) but wow! the inside of the car is just incredible! I sit in the backseat daily while I wait at school to pick up my young one.....the backseat is really spacious and comfortable as well.....no doubt you'll be very pleased: what are some of the options may we know?
Old 02-07-2015, 10:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,687 Likes on 2,111 Posts
2020 S560 Sedan, 2019 SL450, 2019 E450 Luxury Trim Wagon, '24 BMW I7 on order...
It's the interior! Frankly, overall, I liked my 2013 S550 better. I liked the exterior design better and the way everything worked, a bit better than my 2015 S550. BUT, the interior (I have the black, Exclusive Nappa) is just GORGEOUS and way nicer than the Premium Leather I had in my 2013. The Warmth & Comfort Pkg is amazing. I truly HATE the standard Panorama Roof on the new car and the run flat tires, with not even a SPACE for a spare in the trunk, has to be high on the list of THE most idiotic decisions MB has ever made. All that said, I feel it is the best luxury sedan on the market today, period.
Old 02-07-2015, 11:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S550
Interior design and ride quality is the best I like about the new S550.
Old 02-08-2015, 03:34 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I feel very warm in my car in a short period of time. Heats up very quickly.
Old 02-08-2015, 07:56 AM

S 550 2015 F-250 2012
The ride that's the best quality in construction really the whole experience
Old 02-08-2015, 09:11 AM

S550
Originally Posted by Streamliner
It's the interior! Frankly, overall, I liked my 2013 S550 better. I liked the exterior design better and the way everything worked, a bit better than my 2015 S550. BUT, the interior (I have the black, Exclusive Nappa) is just GORGEOUS and way nicer than the Premium Leather I had in my 2013. The Warmth & Comfort Pkg is amazing. I truly HATE the standard Panorama Roof on the new car and the run flat tires, with not even a SPACE for a spare in the trunk, has to be high on the list of THE most idiotic decisions MB has ever made. All that said, I feel it is the best luxury sedan on the market today, period.
+1 on the run flats, hate them with a passion, mainly because I have switched them out on another car and the difference is amazing. Considering the difference I am surprised that they even use them at all. I ordered Warmth and Comfort too. My interior is the Porcelain & Black Interior and the Exterior is the Designo Diamond White. Had a couple of black cars and I'm tired of busting my *** to keep it clean....don't have time. I will miss the "wet" look when its waxed really good.

The interior seems very popular.

A couple of comments on how large the car is. Regarding size, if you look at the BMW 750li it just does not look right, something is off that you can't put your finger on. I traded it for a regular wheel base car. I know the S550 I'm getting is the long wheel base model.....but it looks good compared to the long wheel base BMW. I'd like to see the Mercedes short and long next to each other....I wonder why they don't make that available in the US market.

Regarding the Burmester High End 3D....I did order it. 1000 more watts than the regular one and 24 speakers with 24 channels. I couldn't help myself. I did listen to one at a dealer but it was in the showroom on a Saturday and the dealer was busy so I did not want to blast it.