S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

MB of Cary NC be damned!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2016, 07:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 557 Likes on 474 Posts
2016 C300
Yeah, for the record, an "edible arrangement" is a form of gift basket with a variety of fruits assembled to look like flowers. Found this one out the hard way when my wife asked me for an edible arrangement and I took it as a sexual overture. Suffice it to say no "fruit" was consumed in my household for several weeks. And by "several weeks" I mean "never again".
Old 03-02-2016, 09:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 619 Likes on 466 Posts
W212 FL
Originally Posted by Mike5215
Yeah, for the record, an "edible arrangement" is a form of gift basket with a variety of fruits assembled to look like flowers. Found this one out the hard way when my wife asked me for an edible arrangement and I took it as a sexual overture. Suffice it to say no "fruit" was consumed in my household for several weeks. And by "several weeks" I mean "never again".
That doesn't like a fruity business then
Old 03-04-2016, 05:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 202 Likes on 139 Posts
W212 M276 DELA 30 ; W211 OM642 ; R107 M117, Sierra 1500 LZ0
Originally Posted by hyperion667
Hello

The store I bought 4 brand new cars from, two AMG'S, has informed me they no longer want my business........because of bad language I have used in the past!!
YES, I used some bad language when the shop foreman was driving my, at the time, brand new S class backwards and into a curb......I did get upset when the wrong parts were ordered more than once......I did get upset when I received service and had to turn around and go back for something small that they forgot or messed up............
Tried to speak to my SA about this 'change key battery' business, and she wouldn't even return my email.........when I called, someone lied and said she wasn't available.......

Times I used bad language, it wasn't directed at any one person......the times I did get into heated conversations with an employee, were IMO, handled and I talked through it with them......and we worked out these instances.....
but this guy: the service manager is a real piece of work........
I'm having a hard time believing that the place I spent so much money will not let me come for warranty related work!
So a company you've given upwards of a half million dollars to and that only exists to take your money has asked you to refrain from giving them your business huh? Sounds like you're pretty good at throwing temper tantrums and making an *** out if yourself if they're willing to give up that much potential money just to get rid of you. Perhaps you should re-evaluate how you behave in public.
Old 03-04-2016, 05:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 202 Likes on 139 Posts
W212 M276 DELA 30 ; W211 OM642 ; R107 M117, Sierra 1500 LZ0
Originally Posted by Chucky300
Literally or figuratively, jokingly or satirically, you are suggesting the dealership are "fawktards" and should go out and commit suicide? In the most violent way possible?

In all honesty, Is this kind of language and narrative you think is mature or suitable for doing business with another professional?

I'm not looking to pick a fight - especially given our past on this forum - but with a statement like that - it's difficult to imagine the relationship between you and the dealer being as peaceful as you describe.

If those are the kinds of comments you even come close to saying - I know I'd ask you to leave my showroom so fast, you wouldn't know what hit you.
Makes you wonder how someone with this level of maturity could ever pull themselves together to be able to build enough of a career to purchase multiple high end mercedes. Can you imagine having to deal with this guy at work? He's gotta be a lawyer.. that's the only industry that would tolerate this petulance.
Old 03-04-2016, 06:03 PM
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2014 S550
Originally Posted by DubVBenz
Makes you wonder how someone with this level of maturity could ever pull themselves together to be able to build enough of a career to purchase multiple high end mercedes. Can you imagine having to deal with this guy at work? He's gotta be a lawyer.. that's the only industry that would tolerate this petulance.
Never met the guy personally but your post does not seem illogical. It's beyond my comprehension that a business would ask a high paying client to see the exit unless something SERIOUS happened. Most businesses have a wide margin of room to put up with a variety of customers with different personalities. Even when the business screws up - there's a level of decorum the opposite party must maintain.

Something obviously must have transpired that was SO egregious the business (dealer) asked him to go. Especially $500k income.
Old 03-04-2016, 06:37 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,404 Likes on 2,847 Posts
2012 CLS63
So a company you've given upwards of a half million dollars to and that only exists to take your money has asked you to refrain from giving them your business huh? Sounds like you're pretty good at throwing temper tantrums and making an *** out if yourself if they're willing to give up that much potential money just to get rid of you. Perhaps you should re-evaluate how you behave in public.
yes, I'm not always proud of my behavior, and yes, they felt it more important to ask me away then to allow me to return, and I have to live with it; and I am........I don't feel great about it, but all I can do it learn from it and move on......
I didn't really expect anyone to 'side' with me on these matters, but still wanted to share despite anyone's idea or interpretation of me personally....
I've actually been asking myself why I wanted to return there to begin with......and it was a warranty concern.......this whole thing sprung up; I was never warned, called in to sit down with 'the offended' or anything at anytime......
Old 03-04-2016, 11:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,630 Likes on 2,075 Posts
2020 S560 Sedan, 2019 SL450, 2019 E450 Luxury Trim Wagon, '24 BMW I7 on order...
There's also presidential politics, as of late.
Old 03-05-2016, 08:09 AM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
you're entitled.......
do you think I live my life looking for trouble? and no, I am not an attorney....does anyone have to deal with you at work? or are you the boss? sounds like you should go write a book and make a lot of money
Old 01-07-2018, 12:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ML63
MB Lynnwood - The inconvenient truth

Hey guys, apologizes for bumping up the old thread. This discussion was centered on illogical absurd behavior exhibited by official MB dealerships in different parts of the country, and I felt it would be appropriate to post an update right here.
In summary, after being discriminated for no reasons and denied service work done on my AMG car, my saga is still ongoing. You can read up a little bit more details here. Also, follow the link to an Yelp review and read it towards the very end. It is fascinating how unprotected we as consumers really are.https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...00023900226600
Old 01-07-2018, 12:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,001 Likes on 733 Posts
2010 E350 4Matic
Originally Posted by Terminator2029
Hey guys, apologizes for bumping up the old thread. This discussion was centered on illogical absurd behavior exhibited by official MB dealerships in different parts of the country, and I felt it would be appropriate to post an update right here.
In summary, after being discriminated for no reasons and denied service work done on my AMG car, my saga is still ongoing. You can read up a little bit more details here. Also, follow the link to an Yelp review and read it towards the very end. It is fascinating how unprotected we as consumers really are.https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=105435703596437&id=100023 900226600
Something isn't adding up on this. What would be the dealership's motivation for not taking your car in for service? The use of the word discrimination implies a identifiable reason for an action ie race, gender, ethnic group, sexual orientation etcetera so it seems incongruent to claim discrimination for no reason. Discrimination by its definition implies a reason.

In the OP's case he indicated that his behavior was reason that he was denied service. He just didn't agree with it.

Last edited by MBNUT1; 01-07-2018 at 12:36 PM.
Old 01-07-2018, 12:30 PM

ML63
Originally Posted by MBNUT1
Something isn't adding up on this. What would be the dealership's motivation for not taking your car in for service?
No clue. They were never able to tell me. I'm not in the business of speculations, just stated the bare facts.
Old 01-07-2018, 12:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 E350 4Matic
No clue. They were never able to tell me. I'm not in the business of speculations, just stated the bare facts.
From your facebook post "In essence, the General Manager has made false and defamatory written statement about our allegedly aggressive behavior."

The implication is that they didn't like dealing with you during the period that you were getting the initial issues resolved on your AMG.
Old 01-07-2018, 01:02 PM

ML63
From your facebook post "In essence, the General Manager has made false and defamatory written statement about our allegedly aggressive behavior."

The implication is that they didn't like dealing with you during the period that you were getting the initial issues resolved on your AMG.
They allegedly claim there was instance or instances of aggressive behavior, and there was none. That's a bigger problem! In legal vocabulary, it is called "defamation". All other factors are secondary. If by any reason they didn't like dealing with me, it does not give them rights to send libelous statements to AGO and potentially to all other local authorities we brought in for help. I'm not sure I can continue discussing any specific details here as there is already an ongoing legal process taking care of next steps. Sorry about that.
Old 01-07-2018, 01:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 E350 4Matic
They allegedly claim there was instance or instances of aggressive behavior, and there was none. That's a bigger problem! In legal vocabulary, it is called "defamation". All other factors are secondary. If by any reason they didn't like dealing with me, it does not give them rights to send libelous statements to AGO and potentially to all other local authorities we brought in for help. I'm not sure I can continue discussing any specific details here as there is already an ongoing legal process taking care of next steps. Sorry about that.
Not an attorney but it sounds like a he said / she said situation.
Old 01-07-2018, 01:28 PM

ML63
Not an attorney but it sounds like a he said / she said situation.
I appreciate your assessment. I wish I can say and share more at this point, but I'm legally constrained with what can or cannot be shared.
Old 01-07-2018, 01:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 E350 4Matic
I appreciate your assessment. I wish I can say and share more at this point, but I'm legally constrained with what can or cannot be shared.

My only other comment is that based on the yelp reviews referenced in the facebook post that the service department is overwhelmingly viewed positively.
Old 01-07-2018, 02:05 PM

ML63
My only other comment is that based on the yelp reviews referenced in the facebook post that the service department is overwhelmingly viewed positively.
You are being misled by Yelp‘s recommendation software which downgrades other real reviews into “not currently recommended” section. Do a better research if you are interested.
Old 01-07-2018, 02:48 PM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
Surprised this came up again......hope I never run for president or this might haunt me.
Old 01-07-2018, 03:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 E350 4Matic
You are being misled by Yelp‘s recommendation software which downgrades other real reviews into “not currently recommended” section. Do a better research if you are interested.

Thanks for the education on Yelp. Wasn't aware of the recommended vs not recommended reviews. But the statistics of the not recommended reviews don't support your claim that I was being misled by the recommended reviews. The average star number of the not recommended was identical to the recommended (4.5).
Old 01-07-2018, 03:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 E350 4Matic
Surprised this came up again......hope I never run for president or this might haunt me.

Last edited by MBNUT1; 01-07-2018 at 03:12 PM.
Old 01-07-2018, 04:31 PM

ML63
Thanks for the education on Yelp. Wasn't aware of the recommended vs not recommended reviews. But the statistics of the not recommended reviews don't support your claim that I was being misled by the recommended reviews. The average star number of the not recommended was identical to the recommended (4.5).
You are referring to the wrong combination of words. It is “recommendation software” (as per my original comment) and not “recommended reviews” that may create false impressions and ultimately mislead. Software and reviews are different things. The devil is always in the details.

I think you are looking at the whole story as a number (Yelp rating) whereas it is best to consider it as an experience. We all know how these positive reviews are written and what prompts or influences them. It is actually quite hard to write a negative review. It can easily cross the boundaries set by content guidelines and may even be removed. For example, even though my Facebook review does not contain any inappropriate language, Facebook keeps removing it. How many others are out there who have attempted to share their real not so positive experiences and were banned for telling the truth?

When you are in Seattle area, I’m inviting you to my office where (with your favorite drink) I am sure I can help you learn more about the situation and explain that unless one is a complete dick and does not understand the values of diplomacy and professional business conduct, they will be able to solve any civic crisis with me by using a handshake and a friendly conversation (with an apology if any is due)
Old 01-07-2018, 09:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 E350 4Matic
You are referring to the wrong combination of words. It is “recommendation software” (as per my original comment) and not “recommended reviews” that may create false impressions and ultimately mislead. Software and reviews are different things. The devil is always in the details.

I think you are looking at the whole story as a number (Yelp rating) whereas it is best to consider it as an experience. We all know how these positive reviews are written and what prompts or influences them. It is actually quite hard to write a negative review. It can easily cross the boundaries set by content guidelines and may even be removed. For example, even though my Facebook review does not contain any inappropriate language, Facebook keeps removing it. How many others are out there who have attempted to share their real not so positive experiences and were banned for telling the truth?

When you are in Seattle area, I’m inviting you to my office where (with your favorite drink) I am sure I can help you learn more about the situation and explain that unless one is a complete dick and does not understand the values of diplomacy and professional business conduct, they will be able to solve any civic crisis with me by using a handshake and a friendly conversation (with an apology if any is due)
Thanks for the invitation. My son lives in Seattle so I might take you up on it if you replace the drink with a ride in the S65.

I guess the remaining question that I have is did you go back to the dealership in person and ask the Service Manager why they wouldn't service your car? If so what did they say? For all we know they are mistaking you for somebody else and its all just a misunderstanding.

Last edited by MBNUT1; 01-07-2018 at 09:14 PM.
Old 01-07-2018, 09:47 PM

ML63
Thanks for the invitation. My son lives in Seattle so I might take you up on it if you replace the drink with a ride in the S65.
Sounds like a plan.

I guess the remaining question that I have is did you go back to the dealership in person and ask the Service Manager why they wouldn't service your car? If so what did they say? For all we know they are mistaking you for somebody else and its all just a misunderstanding.
Yes, I asked them for the explanation, but the response was a bunch of cryptic blah-blah-blah that made no sense. During this phone conversation, they certainly didn't say anything about "checking wheels appointment" and that they don't provide this service hence a refusal. The whole bull**** with "checking wheels" was made up several weeks later when Attorney's General Office has reviewed my complaint and asked the business for a response. If they took the liberty of lying to AGO, why do you think they were going to tell me the truth.
Old 01-08-2018, 07:39 AM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
You guys done already?
Old 01-08-2018, 11:44 AM

ML63
You guys done already?
Yes, we are.

Would you now like to share an update on how your story with MB Cary unfolded itself over the last several months?

Last edited by Terminator2029; 01-08-2018 at 08:19 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MB of Cary NC be damned!