S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

$200 if you can teach me to change region/firmware on W222 comand using DOIP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2019, 07:16 PM

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
merdeces s320
$200 if you can teach me to change region/firmware on W222 comand using DOIP

I need help changing region on some W222 COMAND units and am willing to pay $200 via paypal to anyone that can teach me how to do this.

I live in the USA and fix flood damaged Mercedes for a hobby, I currently have two of them that need the region changing on the comand but I have no idea how to do this.

I bought some comand units from Europe and from Russia. They unlock fine, install fine in my USA vehicles, but they dont have USA Timezones, nor to they have the option for Sirius satellite radio. (Have installed USA navigation maps, they work fine)

One member told me I needed to change the firmware with xentry then change the region with DTS Monaco. Not sure if that is correct

I have C4 mux and just bought an ECOM ACTIA DOIP programmer which should hopefully do the job. Have not setup the Ecom with xentry yet, am told its pretty straightforward,

I also have my own SCN online coding account with Mercedes benz.

If you can teach me how to change these regions, please PM me. I'm not intending to offer this service, just to be able to fix my own cars and take advantage of the cheaper comand units that seem to be available in europe.

Thanks in advance

The following users liked this post:
mrgeemoney (10-10-2023)
Old 09-11-2019, 03:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
X5
Read procedure here
Or watch video
mrgeemoney (10-10-2023)
Old 09-11-2019, 10:20 AM

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
merdeces s320
Both the video and the site are super informative, lots of tips, tricks and configuration info there for DTM monaco. That post could do with being mad e a sticky as it will help many going forward,

Unfortunately for me, there is nothing in there that shows me how to change the region of the unit itself. (i'm not talking just the map zone, but the actual diagnostic version, the 2 pictures below show the differences that may have the key,

The center 2 digits of the diagnosis identifier are 06 for USA and 00 for ECE.

Many be barking up the wrong tree but they may hold the solution. We are fine programming the flashware but it seems that at the start of the programming, it adds certain timezones etc depending what this regios is set at.

I've not upped my bounty to $300 to anyone that can help solve. Hope someone can fill in this missing puzzle piece.

Old 03-13-2021, 04:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e230
Originally Posted by terrymargate
Both the video and the site are super informative, lots of tips, tricks and configuration info there for DTM monaco. That post could do with being mad e a sticky as it will help many going forward,

Unfortunately for me, there is nothing in there that shows me how to change the region of the unit itself. (i'm not talking just the map zone, but the actual diagnostic version, the 2 pictures below show the differences that may have the key,

The center 2 digits of the diagnosis identifier are 06 for USA and 00 for ECE.

Many be barking up the wrong tree but they may hold the solution. We are fine programming the flashware but it seems that at the start of the programming, it adds certain timezones etc depending what this regios is set at.

I've not upped my bounty to $300 to anyone that can help solve. Hope someone can fill in this missing puzzle piece.

Hello,
im inbthe same situation did you manage to change the region? How were you finally able to do it?

Thanks in advance
Old 02-08-2022, 09:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
S400 W222
[QUOTE=s400newbie;8508523]

Mercedes Benz S400 hybrid ( W222)

Wondering if you can confirm that I can simply purchase a (2021) NTGs2 map update for AUS/NZ region with pin code for my chassis.
Are the many online offers genuine?

I have a W222 import from Japan. Unfortunately I may have a new hobby similar to @instrumento and learn from @Austin2014 on how to program the Merc COMMAND to
  • unlock the (JAP) Digital EPG TV module to receive AUS digital signal
  • unlock/extend frequency FM range from 88 to 108MHz
  • unlock/update the map region to AUS/NZ
  • have wifi connection to my iphone / portable device
  • or fix above infotainment issues with a third party apple play kit
  • distronic plus - steering wheel safety disengages lane detect after 5 seconds.
Cheers
stephen83 (08-03-2022)
Old 05-13-2022, 09:35 AM

c seri
[QUOTE=s400newbie;8508560]
Originally Posted by s400newbie

Wondering if you can confirm that I can simply purchase a (2021) NTGs2 map update for AUS/NZ region with pin code for my chassis.

I have a W222 import from Japan. Unfortunately I may have a new hobby similar to @instrumento and learn from @Austin2014 on how to program the Merc COMMAND to
  • distronic plus - steering wheel safety disengages lane detect after 5 seconds.
Cheers
Hello, were you able to convert your car from japan to europe?
Old 08-03-2022, 09:48 AM

M3
[QUOTE=s400newbie;8508560]
Originally Posted by s400newbie

Cheers
Hi Mate, have you cnvert it from Japan to AU? I am in Australia and have the same w222 import from Japan. Could you pls let know how to convert it.
Thanks a lot
Old 10-01-2023, 12:06 AM

S560 w222
W222 US model

Hi could you do any changes via dts monaco? I have c6 clone with dts monaco 8.14, lemme know if you could change
Old 10-01-2023, 04:10 AM
SPONSOR

Received 777 Likes on 603 Posts
WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
This needs far more than coding guys, you are dreaming
but you might achieve bricking your head-unit, in the best case the head unit will loose it's DOIP forever, then have to buy one from ebay

and then yes, then you'll have your region
then, good luck with the coding

Last edited by BenzNinja; 10-01-2023 at 04:20 AM.
Old 10-01-2023, 09:29 AM

Received 204 Likes on 111 Posts
2019 W222 S560 4Matic /2019 Chevy Suburban Premier
Stop playing with things you dont fully understand, your going to lock it up, these cars electronics are very finneykey.
hire benzninja and he can do it