Lost my dream S560

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2019, 08:57 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3,243 Likes on 2,019 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
Originally Posted by hundolots
Well, they’re not paying for the shipping, are they? Lol. It’s my freight, my choice. Regarding the deal itself, of course it seems substandard based on what you guys here are capable of negotiating based on your insider knowledge (sorry, but it is — most ppl don’t know this stuff)

This is exactly why I stayed in the game so long. Can you imagine how bad the deal was before we whittled it down to this? It’s precisely why I posted here, and why I became hell bent on getting the best deal possible.
No need to get defensive. Sometimes helps to step back and look if this one is right for you. My point is this car is not a rare build apart from the color. If another black will work, there are plenty of choices and if going for a car in the 120’s you might as well get the best leather option which is only a bit more. This way you have leather everywhere (dash, door panels, etc. + Alcantara headliner, no MB-Tex anywhere).
For this kind of money might a well have an untouched car and with your knowledge know you should be able to negotiate a better deal elsewhere in 10 minutes.

Btw. Any reason why you are not posting the MF?
Old 10-08-2019, 09:47 AM

Received 134 Likes on 63 Posts
2009 Bentley Azure and 2020 BMW M760i
Originally Posted by hyperion667
Makes me wish people would just BE UP FRONT AND HONEST about what they want or don't want.......would make life so much easier!
You can play hardball a couple of days (2 or 3) - then sit down and say "listen - my ceiling to pay is X and the dealer will say "well my floor is Z" - If at that moment - neither can do "Y" - its over. To fight and argue is pointless.
Old 10-08-2019, 09:49 AM

I can understand what you're saying. Let me be blunt though: I don't believe anyone in any scenario should allow themselves to be run roughshod over. And if you met the absolute cheap suit sleaze bag manager who I'm dealing with you would likely be as irritated. I'm not the kind of person who can just turn the other cheek and say "Oh well, I don't have time for this, I'll just throw some money at it and be done." Honestly, I'm tired of doing that. I've done it with literally every other car I own or lease, and have done it with every car in the past. I am tired of the dealership calling the shots. This is truly my first REAL foray into the process of seeing what goes on behind the curtain and I don't like it.

LET ME ALSO ADD: why would you lease a $123k vehicle when they can easily come down to $100k before even negotiating? I'd prefer to save the extra money salvaged in the lease agreement.
It's totally none of my business, but out of curiosity - how old are you? The way you composed and wrote this entire post (much of it I removed from this quoted post) - is honestly the way I used to write when I was 16 or 17.
Old 10-08-2019, 10:11 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,399 Likes on 2,844 Posts
2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by Chucky3000
It's totally none of my business, but out of curiosity - how old are you? The way you composed and wrote this entire post (much of it I removed from this quoted post) - is honestly the way I used to write when I was 16 or 17.
Old 10-08-2019, 01:21 PM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
2014 S550 4matic, 2014 Corvette, 2016 Camaro SS 2011 Lexus RX350
I am always amazed and disappointed when I see people that try to use the forum for information, experience sharing or just chatting.
Then when someone has nothing to contribute to the poster they criticize him personally.
The following users liked this post:
mikey94025 (10-08-2019)
Old 10-08-2019, 01:46 PM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
S550
Originally Posted by wilfie
I am always amazed and disappointed when I see people that try to use the forum for information, experience sharing or just chatting.
Then when someone has nothing to contribute to the poster they criticize him personally.
Thank you. And to the critic: I’m 39. I don’t know if your question was manipulatively rhetorical or genuine, but there you have it.
Old 10-08-2019, 04:13 PM

Received 60 Likes on 41 Posts
20 G63, 19 720s
This was entertaining to read. From the beginning of the thread, I already knew it's gonna be bad when someone wants a 48 month lease. That and the 3 weeks lol. It's a pretty straight forward game for purchasing but leasing, you're introducing MF into your equation in addition to your delivery fee.

Some dealers won't allow lease worksheets on paper/email but they will tell you the numbers verbally or when you go into the dealership. Read more of wolf's post on leasing. He's very thorough on this. What's the MF? I don't mind demos on a lease car since you're not keeping it and you have an easy out.

Last edited by johndong888; 10-08-2019 at 04:19 PM.
Old 10-08-2019, 06:25 PM

S550
Originally Posted by johndong888
This was entertaining to read. From the beginning of the thread, I already knew it's gonna be bad when someone wants a 48 month lease. That and the 3 weeks lol. It's a pretty straight forward game for purchasing but leasing, you're introducing MF into your equation in addition to your delivery fee.

Some dealers won't allow lease worksheets on paper/email but they will tell you the numbers verbally or when you go into the dealership. Read more of wolf's post on leasing. He's very thorough on this. What's the MF? I don't mind demos on a lease car since you're not keeping it and you have an easy out.
MF would’ve been 00100.
37% residual.

The 3 weeks is because they kept jerking me around. For example they told me in the middle of last week the Cali car was available and good to go. Yet I found out last night that it was a demo car because nobody had called the Cali dealership. So it was bull**** plus ineptitude that wasted several days of all our lives.

As a result we are now back to square one. Incidentally , I’m not dead set on the 48 months. It’s just what I was leaning towards. This forum is so funny. On the one hand people tell you the residual of a longer lease is a huge red flag and should be avoided at all costs; on the other hand many of the same people criticize 3 weeks of wearing the price down, as if I’m supposed to just take what they give me and run with it. It’s a double standard and you literally cannot have it both ways!

i don’t know, maybe it’s a New York thing, but here people don’t want to part with a cent unless forced. Even with the $14,800+ in discounts and incentives I’m still being told it’s a **** deal on a 123k car.

Either way i lose it seems
Old 10-08-2019, 07:02 PM

Received 60 Likes on 41 Posts
20 G63, 19 720s
MF would’ve been 00100.
37% residual.

The 3 weeks is because they kept jerking me around. For example they told me in the middle of last week the Cali car was available and good to go. Yet I found out last night that it was a demo car because nobody had called the Cali dealership. So it was bull**** plus ineptitude that wasted several days of all our lives.

As a result we are now back to square one. Incidentally , I’m not dead set on the 48 months. It’s just what I was leaning towards. This forum is so funny. On the one hand people tell you the residual of a longer lease is a huge red flag and should be avoided at all costs; on the other hand many of the same people criticize 3 weeks of wearing the price down, as if I’m supposed to just take what they give me and run with it. It’s a double standard and you literally cannot have it both ways!

i don’t know, maybe it’s a New York thing, but here people don’t want to part with a cent unless forced. Even with the $14,800+ in discounts and incentives I’m still being told it’s a **** deal on a 123k car.

Either way i lose it seems
we are all for getting a good deal. it’s just you can almost close on a house in 3 weeks. There’s just no reason it should take more than 2, 3 days max. The waste of time and enjoyment is cost too. We want to help you out. any reason for wanting to lease vs purchase this time around?

btw, born and raised New Yorker here.

the MF is a good one so they’re not pulling a fast one on you there. That residual is garbage, which is why it’s optimal for 36/39.
Old 10-08-2019, 07:34 PM

S550
Originally Posted by johndong888
we are all for getting a good deal. it’s just you can almost close on a house in 3 weeks. There’s just no reason it should take more than 2, 3 days max. The waste of time and enjoyment is cost too. We want to help you out. any reason for wanting to lease vs purchase this time around?

btw, born and raised New Yorker here.

the MF is a good one so they’re not pulling a fast one on you there. That residual is garbage, which is why it’s optimal for 36/39.
Well, if you’re from NY then you probably understand how things are more more hard edged and cutthroat here. (That’s why I go through withdrawal every time I have to come back here after a relaxing vacation! I have a great ambivalence towards NY)

The dealership I go to has maybe 1-3 S-classes in stock at any given time. And two of those will be 450s. It’s a really poor selection. So we have to locate cars or we don’t do this at all. Add to this the challenge of trying to check all the boxes of my preferences (AMG lines, rims, etc). I’ve been flexible on a lot , including exterior and interior color, just so we could move everything forward. But it seems that every step of the way we are met with problems galore, including the fabrication of details by MB. I appreciate the sale and their training, especially as the owner of a marketing and advertising company, but I draw the line when withholdings begin wasting everyone’s time. Example: telling me they called another dealership when it turns out they didn’t. Example: telling me the spoiler can be removed with minimal repercussions, and then telling me the complete opposite.

Its exhausting, and you’re right; whatever enjoyment this process once held is nonexistent now. I feel disgusted by the process. Something as innocent and fun as design preference now makes me feel vain and tacky. Also, I am so sick of (some of) the people involved, and they are surely sick of me.

i keep suggesting I simply build the vehicle I want and we special order it. However, they repeatedly talk me out of it stating that it will be a 2020 (naturally) and that means the trunk money will be half and basically I’ll be getting a crap deal. Also, they keep harping on how long it’s going to take to get the vehicle. Seven months?! That’s insane and clearly a lie. I’d probably have it in seven weeks.

Last edited by hundolots; 10-08-2019 at 07:38 PM.
Old 10-08-2019, 09:21 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
04 Lexus LS430
What about European Delivery? Isn’t that a pretty decent deal too? Then you could order it as you like without compromises. There’s a guy here at a MB dealer in Escondido that is known for that.
Old 10-08-2019, 09:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,457 Likes on 962 Posts
No more MB:(
Sounds like dealer fatigue, I would go somewhere else. You are both probably tired of each other, this all just seems to exhausting. As another member posted, you can settle on a house in three weeks. Being from New York should have nothing to do with it, I'm sure there are thousands of MB sales to New Yorkers every year and I can't imagine most of them take this long. Sometimes it's best to cut your losses and move on. If the numbers are too high perhaps this is not the car for you. 2020 is around the corner, 2019's are thinning out so your choices are limited. Buying a 2020 in 2019 is not going to yield you the best deal, period. Make up your mind. Most people that purchase high line cars negotiate the best deal they can and either buy or not. You just remain stuck. You want a 2019 deal on a 2020.
Old 10-08-2019, 11:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,100 Likes on 806 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
I read over the thread - some advice...

I read over the thread - and some advice to clear the air...

Spoiler can't come off without re-painting the rear deck lid - so grow up.

Wheels can't be swapped with another new S-Class - and YES Mercedes accessory wheels - and tire size change too is pricey - so grow up.

1. On your "new" S560V4 - there are two that show available in the system comparable to what you had originally posted - that's right - two - and to cut thru the haze here I have posted both option spec sheets showing the respective dealer on each

2. If either - or both - are available - you can write a fresh NY lease with either dealer - any competent dealer can whip up a NY lease with MBFS - if you actually "close the deal" - this is Weds - you can be driving your new S-Class in New York next weekend.

3. Yes - it costs money to ship a car - and on a S-Class "most" dealer's will be straightforward on what they expect that cost to be - you can "pay" for that outright where it is off the lease transaction - or you can "pay" as one way or another added into the lease calculation - hey can add that cost into/on-top of your cap cost.

4. Since you have tangled up your 2013 S-Class in this deal - to lease either of the (2) RubyB's - either you are prepared to drive it to the selling dealer to trade-in - or pay transport to get it there - any dealer will really/really want to know how that 2013 S-Class is - unless your's has unusually low miles - if it has "normal" miles or more - to a MB dealer your 2013 S-Class is just a piece of metal that when all is said and done will at best break even for that dealer whether they resell or wholesale it out to clear inventory.
If your 2013 is financed with MBFS - "yes" you might get some EZ out credited payments on your 2013 - so that trade can be worth a bit more to you included in the transaction with those credits - but frankly it's up to you to make the "trade" happen - a dealer doesn't have any incentive to do the leg work on the trade that you have (at best they will break even on your 2013) - you have the incentive to come up with a practical way to get that done that works.

You "say" you want to move forward - you have two comparable to the original - if I was your "neighborhood" Mercedes dealer - frankly "your deal" is a bit too much to handle as you "have been unwilling to pull the trigger" when they have put a Black-N-White menu in front of you.

Good luck - and I mean that - if your resistant to a Menu - and not open to a 2019 sitting at the dealer now (where ever that dealer may be) - then I don't know how you will get this done.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
1. $123445 RUBY BLACK.pdf (4.3 KB, 73 views)
File Type: pdf
2. $126645 RUBY BLACK.pdf (4.4 KB, 107 views)
The following 2 users liked this post by fabbrisd1:
places (10-09-2019), rnpalmer (10-18-2019)
Old 10-09-2019, 06:29 AM

S550
Originally Posted by fabbrisd1
I read over the thread - and some advice to clear the air...

Spoiler can't come off without re-painting the rear deck lid - so grow up.

Wheels can't be swapped with another new S-Class - and YES Mercedes accessory wheels - and tire size change too is pricey - so grow up.

1. On your "new" S560V4 - there are two that show available in the system comparable to what you had originally posted - that's right - two - and to cut thru the haze here I have posted both option spec sheets showing the respective dealer on each

2. If either - or both - are available - you can write a fresh NY lease with either dealer - any competent dealer can whip up a NY lease with MBFS - if you actually "close the deal" - this is Weds - you can be driving your new S-Class in New York next weekend.

3. Yes - it costs money to ship a car - and on a S-Class "most" dealer's will be straightforward on what they expect that cost to be - you can "pay" for that outright where it is off the lease transaction - or you can "pay" as one way or another added into the lease calculation - hey can add that cost into/on-top of your cap cost.

4. Since you have tangled up your 2013 S-Class in this deal - to lease either of the (2) RubyB's - either you are prepared to drive it to the selling dealer to trade-in - or pay transport to get it there - any dealer will really/really want to know how that 2013 S-Class is - unless your's has unusually low miles - if it has "normal" miles or more - to a MB dealer your 2013 S-Class is just a piece of metal that when all is said and done will at best break even for that dealer whether they resell or wholesale it out to clear inventory.
If your 2013 is financed with MBFS - "yes" you might get some EZ out credited payments on your 2013 - so that trade can be worth a bit more to you included in the transaction with those credits - but frankly it's up to you to make the "trade" happen - a dealer doesn't have any incentive to do the leg work on the trade that you have (at best they will break even on your 2013) - you have the incentive to come up with a practical way to get that done that works.

You "say" you want to move forward - you have two comparable to the original - if I was your "neighborhood" Mercedes dealer - frankly "your deal" is a bit too much to handle as you "have been unwilling to pull the trigger" when they have put a Black-N-White menu in front of you.

Good luck - and I mean that - if your resistant to a Menu - and not open to a 2019 sitting at the dealer now (where ever that dealer may be) - then I don't know how you will get this done.
Thank you! This is what I’ve been waiting for, Wolfman notwithstanding (whose help was infinitely helpful). The first spec sheet you sent is the demo car with 1600 miles on it. The second one I have not yet seen, but it’s exactly what I want! Maybe that one is unavailable to my dealership, but it certainly hasn’t been shown to me. I will be passing that info along today.

Regarding S classes is the showroom, this place has increasingly few as time goes on. I’m sure they’ll get a handful of 2020s soon though. They never have a very large selection though. And a lot are 450s when they do.

I actually do want to move forward, I just didn’t want to move forward on the day I was sitting there with the other car, because I had questions that needed to be answered and discounts I wasn’t yet happy with. I ended up losing the car the next day, as fate would have it. Not the end of the world. But I am trying to recapture most of that.
Old 10-09-2019, 07:01 AM

S550
Originally Posted by MTrauman
By the way HUNDOLOTS, I love the Ruby Black and Beige/espresso combo. My ‘16 S550 4matic and my ‘19 S63 AMG are both Ruby Black and Beige/espresso. Love the colors. But get a new car if you want a new car and not a demo. You may be ok with a demo but it sounded like you want a new car. Even though you do not want to order a car I would suggest ordering the car to your liking. Just my 2 cents.
I do want a new car. 1600 miles is pretty used, even if it’s not considered so. Good luck to you with your two Rubies! They sound amazing, especially the 63
Old 10-09-2019, 09:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 317 Likes on 218 Posts
‘19 AMG S63
I do want a new car. 1600 miles is pretty used, even if it’s not considered so. Good luck to you with your two Rubies! They sound amazing, especially the 63
I did Euro Delivery at the factory in Sindelfingen Germany last November with a Center of Excellence delivery experience. Below are some picks in Germany at delivery of the ‘19 S63 AMG in Ruby Black and Beige/espresso. Love the color combo. As stated my previous S class was a ‘16 S550 4matic with the same color combo and essentially the exact same equipment. You will love the Ruby Black color! Delivered to me in Germany end of November and re-delivered to me in the US at the end of December.

chassis (10-09-2019)
Old 10-09-2019, 10:23 AM

S550
Originally Posted by MTrauman
I did Euro Delivery at the factory in Sindelfingen Germany last November with a Center of Excellence delivery experience. Below are some picks in Germany at delivery of the ‘19 S63 AMG in Ruby Black and Beige/espresso. Love the color combo. As stated my previous S class was a ‘16 S550 4matic with the same color combo and essentially the exact same equipment. You will love the Ruby Black color! Delivered to me in Germany end of November and re-delivered to me in the US at the end of December.

Thank you for the info! Your S63 is gorgeous. I wish that were within my current price range. I suppose it would be if I broke it to the Mrs that we’re scrapping 2020’s big renovation. 🤔 hmmm. Lol
Old 10-09-2019, 11:51 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
2016 S550
I suggest to not even bother with your local dealer inquiring about the car found out of state, as there is no reason to. First look up the dealer on yelp to see how other people like them and what they say, then contact the new dealer yourself that has the car and negotiate with them directly. Doesn’t matter if they are out of state for the lease, as MB Financial is nationwide.

I did this when in the exact same position leasing from another brand and I saved quite a bit, and the out of state dealer was much easier to work with. The same amount local CA dealers were marking the cars up at the time, the out of state dealer was discounting! Everything was done with a few phone calls, some Fedex docs to sign, and they arranged the shipping pretty reasonably (at my expense). Couldn’t have been better, all I had to do when it arrived was get it smogged and registered to use in CA which was easy.

Last edited by PNBLWZD; 10-09-2019 at 11:57 AM.
Old 10-09-2019, 12:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,603 Likes on 2,062 Posts
2020 S560 Sedan, 2019 SL450, 2019 E450 Luxury Trim Wagon, '24 BMW I7 on order...
I went through the wheel swap issue recently on a new SL. The days when MB dealers would swap wheels at no charge, seem to be over, especially on a lease. So, I just did it myself, for WAY less money. Absolutely nothing beats the experience of ordering a car, just the way you want it. It’s a bit of a wait, but the anticipation makes it all the sweeter when the car arrives, nobody gets to test drive it, it doesn’t sit around on a dealer’s lot, it is brand new and all yours. Sorry, but I just love posting photos of it.

hyperion667 (10-09-2019)
Old 10-10-2019, 04:58 PM

Thank you. And to the critic: I’m 39. I don’t know if your question was manipulatively rhetorical or genuine, but there you have it.
Genuine. I'm not trying to personally insult you - and most of the members on here remember me from my Chucky300 days - I'm a genuine guy - and Im not looking for a fight. Plenty of folks on here know me "in real life" too,
Old 10-10-2019, 05:41 PM

S550
Originally Posted by Chucky3000
Genuine. I'm not trying to personally insult you - and most of the members on here remember me from my Chucky300 days - I'm a genuine guy - and Im not looking for a fight. Plenty of folks on here know me "in real life" too,
I understand. I can be a bit unhinged when dealing with something like this, so my words become
raw and free-form when I’m firing away messages while multitasking. However, my frustration is warranted. I do feel MB has repeatedly dropped the ball throughout this process. I’ve been dealing with this dealership since 2012, this will be car #4, and it’s gotten progressively worse over time. It’s not a secret either. The surrounding dealerships are widely recognized as superior, but I know the folks here so I come back despite diminishing returns. It’s really my own fault.
Old 10-10-2019, 07:10 PM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
Chucky is money in the bank
Old 10-10-2019, 09:06 PM

S550
Update: We're still locked in this luxury pit of hell. Quite literally every vehicle we inquire about is either not available or is a demo car with 1600-3000 miles on them (which I don't want). A big difficulty is the dwindling supply of 2019 vehicles before the true influx of 2020s. In fact, there's only one dealership website in NY that we've found where they have 2020s. The dealership where I go certainly doesn't have any, that's for sure. They only have one S560 at all, and it's not very nice.

My wife is telling me "Just get anything, you'll love it within 5 minutes!" But I don't really want to do that. Do you people settle for anything when you have your heart and mind set on an S class? It would be infinitely helpful if these people could actually show me some vehicles. Instead, all we do is search search search. And it brings back increasingly disappointing results.

Finally, two days ago thank to the gentleman who posted the spec sheet above we located a North Carolina Ruby Black S560 with all the bells and whistles. It even had the exclusive nappa leather which I hadn't even planned on, but at this point I figured what the heck. It was a $126.5k vehicle and all of my discounts etc carried over. I was feeling good about this one after the last demo car disaster. The salesperson was feeling good too! 36 hours later we learn it too is a demo car, but this one has been "modified."

I am seriously losing steam here. I am willing to wait for a 2020 custom car, but they're telling me it could take up to 7 months, which sounds insane to me... but ok. Also, "half the trunk money won't carry over and you'll be paying more than you want to." Ok... makes sense, I guess. Although I just learned the term trunk money this week, so who the heck even knows? ha ha.

*sigh*

I am really getting exhausted. Any enjoyment this experience might have held has been siphoned out and drained into the gutter.
Old 10-11-2019, 07:54 AM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
Dude! ORDER the car the way you want it, suck it up and pay the premium that it's costs to configure the car THE WAY YOU WANT IT,
places (10-11-2019)
Old 10-11-2019, 09:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,457 Likes on 962 Posts
No more MB:(
Originally Posted by hyperion667
Dude! ORDER the car the way you want it, suck it up and pay the premium that it's costs to configure the car THE WAY YOU WANT IT,
Seriously! This thread is a real insight on the suffering we humans can impose on ourselves.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lost my dream S560