Aftermarket brake pads and rotors for 2015 s63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2019, 02:10 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 58 Likes on 53 Posts
CLS550
Don't be frustrated nor intimidated - RB got you covered

Please see below thread which shall ease your worry and anxiety. Or search this forum by typing "RacingBrake" - You will find a total of 479 threads discussion about RB, not including "Racing Brake" that could well be also referred to RB.

The difference on RB brakes vs. others are; Our brakes are designed and built with "performance improvement" and "lasting durability" in mind, while OE replacement and other aftermarket are simply a replication.

No matter whether you are looking for just "Replacement" or "Upgrade" we have them all.

Racing Brake makes me happy

Racing Brake Rotors after 113,556miles

Originally Posted by RacingBrake
Tired of those bulky, heavy, non-performing, yet expensive OE rotors?
Had tough time finding something better than replacing another set of OE rotor & pads?

RacingBrake is pleased to announce that light weight high performance stock replacement rotors for S63/S65 (W222) is identified and available..

1/3 of dealer cost, light weight (saves 30 lbs per 4 rotors), perform better (no squeak, very low dust) and last a lot longer (113,500 miles)

For more than 10 years, RB has helped MB owners for their braking needs (street improvement or track challenge), so you don't have to deal with the dealers, nor aftermarket brakes with inconsistent quality.

Front:
https://www.racingbrake.com/RB-2pc-R...E63-p/2237.htm
Rear:
https://www.racingbrake.com/RB-2pc-R...E63-p/2357.htm

Combo rotor kit (Front & Rear)
https://www.racingbrake.com/RB-Iron-.../mb-irk-12.htm

In stock.

Check it out for our complete brake option for MB.
https://www.racingbrake.com/MERCEDES...com-s/6217.htm
Old 11-02-2019, 10:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 479 Likes on 331 Posts
2019 S560, 2022 Audi S8
Originally Posted by Nice Ride
https://www.fcpeuro.com/Mercedes~Benz-parts/
LIFETIME WARANTEE ON A L L PARTS THEY SELL. INCLUDES PADS AND ROTORS!

I repeat. L I F E T I M E warrantee on EVERYTHING! no questions asked....
Don't take my word for it, call them, you will thank me later.

I was quoted $8000 for front and rear rotors today for my 2017 S63. I have 80,000 miles on it. On my 3rd set of pads but now I have to face the inevitable. I clicked on this link but all I could get were rotors and pads for the W221.
The following users liked this post:
eatnsleep (11-02-2019)
Old 11-02-2019, 10:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
s63
Originally Posted by MBS63AMG
I was quoted $8000 for front and rear rotors today for my 2017 S63. I have 80,000 miles on it. On my 3rd set of pads but now I have to face the inevitable. I clicked on this link but all I could get were rotors and pads for the W221.
Of those 80,000 miles, you had 3 times all 4 corners ONLY brake pad changes?
The dealership never said they had to change rotors and pads at the same time?
The dealership i go to said amg cars cant have their rotors turned, which is why they will only change both pads and rotors at the same time. I am just wondering if other mercedes dealerships say the same thing, or if I should go and ask other benz dealers. They tell me its MBUSA that directs them how to change the brake pads and rotors.
Also if you dont mind me asking how many miles did you get out of the front brakes and rear brakes. Did you fronts last way longer than the rears?

Thanks!!
Old 11-02-2019, 10:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 S560, 2022 Audi S8
Originally Posted by RacingBrake
Don't be frustrated nor intimidated - RB got you covered

Please see below thread which shall ease your worry and anxiety. Or search this forum by typing "RacingBrake" - You will find a total of 479 threads discussion about RB, not including "Racing Brake" that could well be also referred to RB.

The difference on RB brakes vs. others are; Our brakes are designed and built with "performance improvement" and "lasting durability" in mind, while OE replacement and other aftermarket are simply a replication.

No matter whether you are looking for just "Replacement" or "Upgrade" we have them all.

Racing Brake makes me happy

Racing Brake Rotors after 113,556miles

OK. I found on your link above what I need. It seems they will be roughly $3000 (all 4 rotors, no pads though). But finding someone to install them will be another issue.
Old 11-02-2019, 11:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 S560, 2022 Audi S8
Originally Posted by eatnsleep
The dealership i go to said amg cars cant have their rotors turned, which is why they will only change both pads and rotors at the same time. I am just wondering if other mercedes dealerships say the same thing, or if I should go and ask other benz dealers. They tell me its MBUSA that directs them how to change the brake pads and rotors.
Also if you dont mind me asking how many miles did you get out of the front brakes and rear brakes. Did you fronts last way longer than the rears?

Thanks!!
Great questions!
Yes, I am now on my 3rd set of pads on the same rotors since I bought the car new 3 years ago.
At around 33,000 miles, my brake pad warning came on. I was shocked as I've never had pads replaced on a car before but of course I usually trade cars about every 50,000 miles but in this case I've decided to try to keep a car longer.
I went to the stealership and they did say they wanted over $8000 for new rotors and pads. I kindly walked away, did some talking with some folks in my area and they directed me to a certified foreign car shop and they said the rotors were in great shape and they replaced all 4 pads for around $800 (I think).
Then at 70,000 miles the warning light came on again. I looked at the situation a little closer and it was the rear pads that were triggering the warning. The rears wear much faster than the fronts>>>>>a shock to me. I looked at the front pads and they looked like they had over 50% left. This leads me to believe I really didn't need all 4 pads replaced back at the 33,000 mark.
Anyway, I decided to let this independent shop replace just the rear pads this time but he said I was within .03 mm away from needing rear rotors and the front could probably get by with just pads.
All in all, they said the job would be about $4500 to replace everything.....1/2 the price of the MB dealership-----BUT they won't use anything other than certified OEM parts.

Now I'm thinking about calling up Racing Brake Rotors, find the total cost for rotors and pads is an additional 50% savings. I have another very dependable shop near me that I'm positive can install them for me. This should get the overall price down from $8500 to around $3000.

eatnsleep (11-03-2019)
Old 11-03-2019, 12:21 AM

s63
Great questions!
Yes, I am now on my 3rd set of pads on the same rotors since I bought the car new 3 years ago.
At around 33,000 miles, my brake pad warning came on. I was shocked as I've never had pads replaced on a car before but of course I usually trade cars about every 50,000 miles but in this case I've decided to try to keep a car longer.
I went to the stealership and they did say they wanted over $8000 for new rotors and pads. I kindly walked away, did some talking with some folks in my area and they directed me to a certified foreign car shop and they said the rotors were in great shape and they replaced all 4 pads for around $800 (I think).
Then at 70,000 miles the warning light came on again. I looked at the situation a little closer and it was the rear pads that were triggering the warning. The rears wear much faster than the fronts>>>>>a shock to me. I looked at the front pads and they looked like they had over 50% left. This leads me to believe I really didn't need all 4 pads replaced back at the 33,000 mark.
Anyway, I decided to let this independent shop replace just the rear pads this time but he said I was within .03 mm away from needing rear rotors and the front could probably get by with just pads.
All in all, they said the job would be about $4500 to replace everything.....1/2 the price of the MB dealership-----BUT they won't use anything other than certified OEM parts.

Now I'm thinking about calling up Racing Brake Rotors, find the total cost for rotors and pads is an additional 50% savings. I have another very dependable shop near me that I'm positive can install them for me. This should get the overall price down from $8500 to around $3000.
Thanks for the responses!!!
Yes i agree with you, this car is the worst I have ever had when it comes to brakes. I have a 458, 4c, and f type, neither of those cars i own right now wears brakes as fast as this amg!. After my old e63s i had specced with ccb, i thought, the ccb was a waste of money in regular daily cars. I wish now I got ccb specced on my s63.... since I daily drive this car. The ccb on the e63s was amazing, only 20% wear after 30k miles! Worth the 10k option.
I feel better now that, its not just me going through brakes so quickly on this car. I found it so weird im paying up the a$$ for brakes on a regular sedan, while my sports cars are cost less to own that this s63....
Anyways i will go to independent shops now! Since i know its safe to do so on this car and only replace pads, without rotors. really appreciate it!
Old 11-03-2019, 12:56 PM

Received 127 Likes on 85 Posts
E55
So does anyone know if in fact the Sport are the exact calipers and same size rotors? With the AMG just having the 2 piece or better rotors?

You can just do pads as todays pads are aggressive enough to clean the rotors when newly installed. Any deposits if the rotors are in goo shape will be removed and the new pad bed in. There is no reason to change rotors unless they are below their serviceable measurements. Yes, pads do wear rotor surfaces down.

Pad wear also helps obtain those great stopping distances. Also the rears wear more but we also don't get nose dive.

$180k car $8 brakes is inline like it or not.
Old 11-03-2019, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3,243 Likes on 2,019 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
Originally Posted by DABRONX
So does anyone know if in fact the Sport are the exact calipers and same size rotors? With the AMG just having the 2 piece or better rotors?

You can just do pads as todays pads are aggressive enough to clean the rotors when newly installed. Any deposits if the rotors are in goo shape will be removed and the new pad bed in. There is no reason to change rotors unless they are below their serviceable measurements. Yes, pads do wear rotor surfaces down.

Pad wear also helps obtain those great stopping distances. Also the rears wear more but we also don't get nose dive.

$180k car $8 brakes is inline like it or not.
I guess you didn't read my response. They are not...
eatnsleep (11-03-2019)
Old 11-03-2019, 05:20 PM

s63
Originally Posted by Wolfman
I guess you didn't read my response. They are not...
Yeah apparently amg uses completely diffierent sizes and dimensions, I also checked as well.
Old 11-03-2019, 09:39 PM

Received 106 Likes on 82 Posts
2015 S550, 2017 GLS450
I too love fcpeuro.com but fcpeuro does NOT sell AMG brake rotors. The owners know that they would take huge losses if buyers took advantage of the lifetime replacement program on certain parts like AMG brake rotors that typically sell for 2500 bucks and get chewed through every two years. Hell, I don't think fcpeuro even stocks standard S class rotors.

It is a fantastic place to get OEM parts for German cars though. They don't carry everything. I'm having a hard time locating Lemforder control arm replacements for my W222 S550. I'm guessing Lemforder is the OEM maker and I see no reason to pay double for the Mercedes brand.
Old 11-04-2019, 03:20 PM

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
2014 s63 AMG.
I read before but have not used rotors made by Gorilla , they are 2 part rotors , so you just replace ring when having to change next time around , and replacement rings are roughly 350 bucks vs 1100 for complete rotor. And initial investment is around 1100 for complete 2 piece rotor ,I will be going this route when my day comes.
Old 11-05-2019, 11:56 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

CLS550
Great questions!

Good find - Like other Mercedes owners who love their cars except the durability and performance of the brakes. We have been into MB brake development more than 10 years now and we offer the most complete coverage than all aftermarket brake venders combined - Our in-depth brake knowledge in metallurgy & design and know-how do make our brake products different from others.

Our rotors are easier to install than stock because they are lighter in weight, installing rotor and pad for four corners shall take approx 1 to 1.5 hours (no bleeding is required), so a fair estimate for installation s/b ~ $300 to $400
Feel free to ask other MB owners and learn if they like their MB better than before after installing RB brakes.
MBS63AMG (06-28-2020)
Old 06-28-2020, 04:06 PM

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
GLS63 / GONE: '16 GL63 '15 S63 '14 E63 '13 ML550 '10 E63 '09 C63 '07 E63 '00 E55 '99 C43 '84 190E16V

Thanks!!
I've had pads replaced on my GL63 and E63s at the dealership multiple times without rotors changed. Check around...
Old 12-03-2020, 01:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
17 C63s Coupe // 15 S63 // 17 Mazda MX-5
Originally Posted by Wolfman
I don't understand the confusion in this thread. The S550 and the S63 use different rotors. Sport package or not... This is where the money is, not the pads

Can there be aftermarket parts bought for these? Of course. Plenty of great products. On pads I would check maybe Brembo, Racingbrake, etc.
Before checking into rotors I would first check if rotors are even needed. Check surface quality and measure rotor thickness. A $30 micrometer will do the trick. Hopefully Konigstiger can provide the min measurements.

Personally I wouldn't buy a thing off Ebay as many parts can be fake even in original packaging.
So any idea what the minimum measurement of 2015 S63 front rotors should be at? I'm due for front brakes. What's considered good surface quality on these OEM rotors? I got a micrometer coming in in two days from Amazon.
Old 12-03-2020, 02:00 AM

17 C63s Coupe // 15 S63 // 17 Mazda MX-5
Hello All,

Does anyone has any experience, or heard of below brand call "TopEuro"?

https://www.topeuromachine.com/produ...d3ca67e0&_ss=r
Old 12-03-2020, 10:19 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

CLS550
Originally Posted by wmah523
So any idea what the minimum measurement of 2015 S63 front rotors should be at? I'm due for front brakes. What's considered good surface quality on these OEM rotors? I got a micrometer coming in in two days from Amazon.
Nominal thickness is 36mm when new, minimum 34mm. However you must also check the surface condition; if the surface is groovy - Very typical for OE soft rotors all you measured is on the high points while the actual thickness is less.

OE (C63) 1 pc Rotor:

Replacing with RB two piece rotor:

Old 12-03-2020, 04:24 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

CLS550

Brake Pad Review: Racing Brake makes me happy

Brake Rotor Review: Racing Brake Rotors after 113,556miles

This is how RB two piece rotors look like after 113,556 miles. Jon replaced only the rotor rings (retain the use of hats), costing only fraction of the rotor assembly and good for another 110,000 miles.

RB two piece rotor kits are bundled with XT910 brake pad compound for the optimal result.
Ultra long term testimonial with real life experience.
RacingBrake is your most trusted source for brake replacement & upgrade with long proven result.

For earlier models (07-13) with rear drum emergency brake,
Rotors: https://racingbrake.com/mb-irk-10
Pads: https://racingbrake.com/pd-mb-01

For late models 2014-2020 w/rear e-PB (electronic parking brake)
Rotors: https://racingbrake.com/mb-irk-12
Pads: https://racingbrake.com/pd-mb-02

Last edited by RacingBrake; 12-03-2020 at 05:38 PM.
Old 12-03-2020, 04:32 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

CLS550

Old 01-16-2021, 06:33 PM

2012 Mercedes CLS550 4Matic, 2014 ML550 Diamond White, 2015 SL550 Diamond White
Mercedes S63 AMG brake replacement cost expensive

Thanks for the link! It is in fact life time warranty!
The only thing is that I noticed that the price of the rotor and pad kit are actually close to the dealership. About 1400 for 1 side, and need to order 2, so 2800, plus tax and labor is close to what the dealership charge, except it has lifetime replacement. So dealership, im guessing probably selling them close to cost as well. Im suprised, i thought the dealership was a little insane with their pricing, but in fact its close to market price!
Im thinking of getting a 2016 S63 and also am concerned about the high cost of replacing the brakes.
Just checked FCP Euro and they dont offer a bundled front rotor and pad kit. All I could find now was front rotors at a cost of $558 each.

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/mer...vne-2314211812

Old 01-16-2021, 06:37 PM

2012 Mercedes CLS550 4Matic, 2014 ML550 Diamond White, 2015 SL550 Diamond White
Of course FCP Euro offers Lifetime Replacement Warranty which is a big plus.
Old 09-06-2022, 05:00 PM
VII

Received 98 Likes on 73 Posts
2016 S65, 2014 SLK55 (Previous 2013 SLK350, 2008 CLS63, 2006 E350, 2006 CLS500, 2005 C230K)
Question Anyone tried Brembo 09.B879.11 for the rear?

Not usually one to skimp on brakes but getting "2-part" brakes to save 5 pounds on a 5,000 pound car does seem rather pointless.
Brembo has 09B87911 as rear for W222 S63/S65, this looks like a single piece vented with MSRP of $130 each.
vincheung (09-06-2022)
Old 09-06-2022, 05:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 542 Likes on 376 Posts
2019 S63 4Matic+, 2018 E400 Cabrio, wardens car.
While I am not ready for new brakes yet on my 2019 S63, I wanted to start looking into it as the brakes on the car now produce an obscene amount of brake dust and are a PITA to keep clean. Sounds like Brembo makes a cool 2 piece rotor for the fronts and one piece rotor for the rears. Rotors all around are going to cost around 1100 for all 4 which is not bad considering one OEM rear rotor costs this much. Plus I am buying them from FCP Euro so they come with a lifetime warranty so they are the last set I will have to buy. For the pads I am going with Powerstop Z26/23 pads all around based on the low dust factor. Pads are around 100 bucks so for around 1200 bucks I will have all new pads and rotors. I will share pics once I get the new parts installed and tested but just wanted to let the forum know that there is a far better/cheaper way to do brakes on these cars. I also looked at CCB and the pricing was ridiculous.

The following 3 users liked this post by superpop:
compaddict (09-06-2022), SW20S (09-06-2022), vincheung (09-06-2022)
Old 09-06-2022, 06:12 PM
VII

Received 98 Likes on 73 Posts
2016 S65, 2014 SLK55 (Previous 2013 SLK350, 2008 CLS63, 2006 E350, 2006 CLS500, 2005 C230K)
While I don't have your VIN, those seem to be SL rear disc brakes which IIRC have a different offset.
Old 09-06-2022, 09:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 337 Likes on 250 Posts
2016 S550, 2015 Honda Civic Hybrid
Here's a nice selection of pads for an S63. I use EBC on my car but they only have the high performance "yellow" compound ... your Power Stop choices - on sale - and several other top pads in here too ... https://www.buybrakes.com/2019-merce...amg/brake-pads

Last edited by Tom in Austin; 09-06-2022 at 09:11 PM.
Old 12-16-2023, 11:32 AM

2016 MB S63 AMG
In the same boat - $7k brake Job

I found Giro Disc to be an alternative to the dealership wanting $7200 for a brake job on my 2015 S63 AMG. I paid $4500 for new rotors/pads/sensors/ brake flush, etc.

Found a local race shop /Euro specialist, used the 2 piece Giro set with the Magic brake pads and have been really happy.

What I’m not happy about is the wear that others comment. 15k - 20k miles and replacing pads, and at 40-45k full set brakes and rotors. Makes me not want to buy another AMG again.

Knowing what I know now - buy the Ceramic upgrade and will most likely get 60-75k for same cost replacements.

https://girodisc.com/finder/?pfresul...mic&f_axle=All