S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

S550 wheel clicking/aftermarket wheels/mercedes benz sold me with them on

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2024, 09:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W222 s550 sedan
S550 wheel clicking/aftermarket wheels/mercedes benz sold me with them on

Front wheel area clicking while turning, slow rolling. Embarrassing sound. Car came with aftermarket wheels. The shop said the rims are not the right size. Would that be what is causing the sound?

Now since mercedes benz sold me the car with these wheels on the car ... so any wheel related issues would be on mercedes benz?

So from purchasing the car not even 1k miles added since bought. Wheel clicking started. Put it in mercedes benz shop 6+ times totalling over 6k and with each visit different outcomes which concluded that it was this causing it.. no next time it's this causing it. Then to this needs to be ordered and replaced To now it's the wrong size wheel on the car.

If it was only the wheel size problem should I get reimbursement for the hrs in shop and run around?

What should I do forward since mercedes benz sold me a car with the wrong size wheels on it which caused problems?
Old 05-12-2024, 05:10 PM

Received 58 Likes on 39 Posts
MY 18 S450V RWD Diamond White
NEWTCHY, is your car a CPO ?
Old 05-13-2024, 10:05 AM

Received 128 Likes on 74 Posts
Mercedes S560
Originally Posted by NEWTCHY
Front wheel area clicking while turning, slow rolling. Embarrassing sound. Car came with aftermarket wheels. The shop said the rims are not the right size. Would that be what is causing the sound?

Now since mercedes benz sold me the car with these wheels on the car ... so any wheel related issues would be on mercedes benz?

So from purchasing the car not even 1k miles added since bought. Wheel clicking started. Put it in mercedes benz shop 6+ times totalling over 6k and with each visit different outcomes which concluded that it was this causing it.. no next time it's this causing it. Then to this needs to be ordered and replaced To now it's the wrong size wheel on the car.

If it was only the wheel size problem should I get reimbursement for the hrs in shop and run around?

What should I do forward since mercedes benz sold me a car with the wrong size wheels on it which caused problems?
Was your car a previously untitled new car from dealer-owned inventory, i.e., with factory-installed wheels, or a used car, with or without a Pre-Owned certificate, the wheels on which could have been installed by a previous owner, or by the dealership? Your post leaves all kinds of unanswered questions.
Old 05-13-2024, 03:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 81 Likes on 39 Posts
Had: 1987 300TD, Had: 2004 C230 Sport Sedan, Have: 2014 E350 Sport, Have: 2019 S450
It seems like the dealer should have put on a set of factory wheels and driven around the block to determine if the wheels were the problem....
Old 05-13-2024, 05:37 PM

Received 128 Likes on 74 Posts
Mercedes S560
Originally Posted by dmatre
It seems like the dealer should have put on a set of factory wheels and driven around the block to determine if the wheels were the problem....
What if the dealer didn't have a set of the right factory wheels?
What if it was a non-CPO trade-in?
Too many unknowns to be be guessing,
Old 05-26-2024, 10:47 PM

W222 s550 sedan
Originally Posted by Sactownmb
NEWTCHY, is your car a CPO ?
Sorry was away on family vacay. I know it came with history of every service through mercedes and i got an extended warranty with it. Not sure if that means it is or not. Where could i look to see?
Old 05-26-2024, 10:54 PM

W222 s550 sedan
Originally Posted by Lou B
Was your car a previously untitled new car from dealer-owned inventory, i.e., with factory-installed wheels, or a used car, with or without a Pre-Owned certificate, the wheels on which could have been installed by a previous owner, or by the dealership? Your post leaves all kinds of unanswered questions.
the previous owner put those wheels on the car . Bought from dealer. Only 1 owner. They did all services of that car there. "Somehow" said they did the 60k and 80k checkup already when I bought the car which only had 60k. They should where all test where done and car had no problems. Bought it with extended warranty
Old 05-26-2024, 10:59 PM

W222 s550 sedan
Originally Posted by Lou B
What if the dealer didn't have a set of the right factory wheels?
What if it was a non-CPO trade-in?
Too many unknowns to be be guessing,
the car came with original amg wheels . But showcased with aftermarket wheels on. Sold with aftermarket wheels on amg on the side, 6+service visits with custom wheels on never a problem they Said till now they are the cause
Old 05-26-2024, 11:10 PM

Received 140 Likes on 97 Posts
S63, GLE580, Monster 1100S
If it came with the original wheels, take the aftermarket ones off and install the originals. Put up the aftermarket wheels for sale locally and don't look back.

From my understanding MB won't CPO a vehicle with aftermarket wheels, so you'll fall under the used vehicle third party warranty coverage. As for warranty coverage regarding the aftermarket wheels, you'll have to look into the terms and conditions, they likely will not be covered depending on the company.