S-Class (W223) 2021 to Present

No rear vanity mirrors?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2020, 03:04 PM

Received 173 Likes on 114 Posts
2021 S500 (Mojave Silver), MB S400 (wife), BMW 750Li (passed on to kids)
Originally Posted by gle400
Btw I called Mercedes and after looking at the dealer guide, they said MBUX Interior Assist is a standard feature FWIW
Hi, I hope your correct but looking at the attached Price Guide page 41, second option (77B), the last line states (google translated from German) only available for black upholsteries.

Last edited by Sonic Boom; 10-12-2020 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Added attachment
Old 10-12-2020, 03:51 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
GLE 400
OK so here is a picture of the rear seat camera system:

You can see how it is integrated into a cutout in the speaker in the roof. Btw, another possibility is that there are cameras on the MBUX rear seat entertainment tablets (the ones in the back of the seat).

You can see it in this YT video:

Thoughts?
Old 10-12-2020, 03:52 PM

GLE 400
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom
Hi, I hope your correct but looking at the attached Price Guide page 41, second option (77B), the last line states (google translated from German) only available for black upholsteries.
If you take a look at the picture/video I posted above, the interior is red but it still has the rear seat camera system. So that seems promising?
Old 10-12-2020, 04:18 PM

Received 173 Likes on 114 Posts
2021 S500 (Mojave Silver), MB S400 (wife), BMW 750Li (passed on to kids)
Originally Posted by gle400
If you take a look at the picture/video I posted above, the interior is red but it still has the rear seat camera system. So that seems promising?
I hope so, but honestly, the all videos I’ve seen have “talked” about the feature but didn’t actually demonstrate it; save one video and it had black upholstery.

Getting back on topic, I did notice the rear screens actually have what appear to be cameras in top center (see attached), which could conceive used as a mirror as you previously stated

(I’m sure that’s not the primary purpose).

Can’t believe spending so much time on vanity mirrors,,,again, first world problems LoL

Old 10-12-2020, 05:05 PM

GLE 400
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom
I hope so, but honestly, the all videos I’ve seen have “talked” about the feature but didn’t actually demonstrate it; save one video and it had black upholstery.

Getting back on topic, I did notice the rear screens actually have what appear to be cameras in top center (see attached), which could conceive used as a mirror as you previously stated

(I’m sure that’s not the primary purpose).

Can’t believe spending so much time on vanity mirrors,,,again, first world problems LoL

Oh that's awesome! I was hoping there was a camera in the tablets. Well in that case then, it probably matters a lot less whether you have the Interior Assist feature.

Seems like a no-brainer to just have a mirror app in MBUX. Maybe you could even say "Hey Mercedes, show me the mirror" and not even have to move and it turns on the camera app and turns on the exterior lights for your seat.

This would be a nice win actually to go from low tech to high tech for rear seat vanity mirror.
Old 10-17-2020, 04:49 AM

Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts
2019 S65 Coupe, 2017 S650 Maybach Convertible, 2020 S560 Sedan, 2022 Porsche 911 Turbo S
If the mirror feature is in the rear screens by activating the camera, the problem will then be "how to" turn on the mirror function. "Hey Mercedes...." and then ... what was that command again?
Is there a list somewhere of available commands? Or a quick menu to all the available options? Definitely first world problems...
Old 10-18-2020, 07:29 PM

GLE 400
Originally Posted by amir1
If the mirror feature is in the rear screens by activating the camera, the problem will then be "how to" turn on the mirror function. "Hey Mercedes...." and then ... what was that command again?
Is there a list somewhere of available commands? Or a quick menu to all the available options? Definitely first world problems...
It would probably be in the owner's manual if there is a way to get a copy of that somehow.

I also saw a couple of YT videos of 2021 S class cars at dealerships in Europe. If anybody on this forum is in Europe, and can go check out the car could probably confirm pretty quick.