S-Class (W223) 2021 to Present

Placed my order today for the S580

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2020 | 03:45 AM

GLE 400
Placed my order today for the S580

Here is what I got. Super excited. Thoughts? Anything I am missing out on here? Changes I should make?

Btw a few things that were not available as a selection per se:

- E Active Body Control (is this just included in AIRMATIC Suspension?)
- Magic Sky Control (is this included in Panorama Sunroof?)
- Executive Rear Seat Package PLUS (I was able to get Executive Rear Seat Package, but that is not the same I believe - thoughts?)
- Level 3 Autonomy (doesn't seem to be available in US)
- Digital Light (doesn't seem to be available in US)

I was not able to select wood steering wheel with the walnut / aluminum inlay trim.

The following 2 users liked this post by gle400:
declo2000 (12-07-2020), Lanzz (12-17-2020)
Old 10-12-2020 | 07:38 AM

2021 Cirrus Silver S580 AMG, 2020 Polar White GLE350
Looks like a very nice build. The digital headlights are not legal in the US at this time.
Old 10-12-2020 | 05:05 PM

2021 S500 (Mojave Silver), MB S400 (wife), BMW 750Li (passed on to kids)
Originally Posted by gle400
Here is what I got. Super excited. Thoughts? Anything I am missing out on here? Changes I should make?

- Executive Rear Seat Package PLUS (I was able to get Executive Rear Seat Package, but that is not the same I believe - thoughts?)

I was not able to select wood steering wheel with the walnut / aluminum inlay trim.
Congrats, nice config.

Regarding your queries:
- E Active Body Control
As I understand not available until June 21 production

Not currently available

I haven’t heard of “PLUS” anywhere. Unless it’s the rear First Class Seats. Other than that, you already have every possible option related to rear seats.
Where have you seen this??

Will first be available in Germany second half of ‘21

-Correct
Old 10-12-2020 | 05:10 PM

GLE 400
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom
Congrats, nice config.

Regarding your queries:
- E Active Body Control

Not currently available

I haven’t heard of “PLUS” anywhere. Unless it’s the rear First Class Seats. Other than that, you already have every possible option related to rear seats.

-Correct
HOLY SH** E-Active Body Control is not available until JUNE? Is this confirmed? Do you have a link? If so I'm delaying my purchase. That is too core of a feature to not have it.

Regarding the Executive Rear Seat Package PLUS I'm referring to this:

https://www.leithcars.com/blogs/1421...ve-jet-wheels/

It's an upgrade for the 2020 S Class that I wanted to get but can't find for the 2021. Thoughts? I think it is now being referred to as "First Class" and that it is only available in Europe because "Americans want to slide across the seat" (which makes no sense btw - why would Americans not want this upgrade).
Old 10-12-2020 | 05:15 PM

GLE 400
Congrats, nice config.

Regarding your queries:
- E Active Body Control

Not currently available

-Correct
Actually - I was pretty sure this config includes E Active Body Control because if you look it includes PRESAFE Impulse Side, which if I understand correctly, uses E Active Body Control to raise the car up in the event of an impending side impact collision. Isn't that correct?
Old 10-12-2020 | 05:28 PM

HOLY SH** E-Active Body Control is not available until JUNE? Is this confirmed? Do you have a link? If so I'm delaying my purchase. That is too core of a feature to not have it.

Regarding the Executive Rear Seat Package PLUS I'm referring to this:

https://www.leithcars.com/blogs/1421...ve-jet-wheels/

It's an upgrade for the 2020 S Class that I wanted to get but can't find for the 2021. Thoughts? I think it is now being referred to as "First Class" and that it is only available in Europe because "Americans want to slide across the seat" (which makes no sense btw - why would Americans not want this upgrade).
I’ll try to find where I read that E-ABC won’t be available until June 2021, but your dealer should be able to confirm.

For the Exec Rear seat PLUS, the article you reference is not for a W223.
Old 10-12-2020 | 05:37 PM

Actually - I was pretty sure this config includes E Active Body Control because if you look it includes PRESAFE Impulse Side, which if I understand correctly, uses E Active Body Control to raise the car up in the event of an impending side impact collision. Isn't that correct?
See attached document page 30

it states:
“when a side impact with another vehicle threatens, the vehicle body can be raised by the E-ACTIVE BODY CONTROL suspension (optional) within a few tenths of a second”

So it’s an additional option to PRESAFE Impulse Side which raises the vehicle and not a standard feature of PRESAFE Impulse Side. Of course, it’s not the main feature of E-ABC.

On another note, have you thought of adding AMG Line features on top of Executive Line? I believe it’s possible. The AMG front of car lower grills and lower side flares are sweet.
Old 10-12-2020 | 07:13 PM

GLE 400

it states:
“when a side impact with another vehicle threatens, the vehicle body can be raised by the E-ACTIVE BODY CONTROL suspension (optional) within a few tenths of a second”

So it’s an additional option to PRESAFE Impulse Side which raises the vehicle and not a standard feature of PRESAFE Impulse Side. Of course, it’s not the main feature of E-ABC.

On another note, have you thought of adding AMG Line features on top of Executive Line? I believe it’s possible. The AMG front of car lower grills and lower side flares are sweet.

Thank you so much for sharing this. I went through the translated PDF and you are totally right - E-ABC is nowhere to be found in here!

This is such a travesty on Mercedes' part. The S-class's defining feature is the suspension, and they left out E-ABC from the launch and don't make this clear? Not cool!

According to this, it is definitely optional: https://media.mbusa.com/releases/rel...1#body-control

One thing that is still not clear is whether any of the trim levels, e.g. S580 have it standard.

I'm going to try to get some type of independent confirmation and then push my order to ~June. I just feel that without E-ABC I'm not going to get the true S-class experience. I was willing to forego Digital Light and Drive Pilot - but I need E-ABC!

Really - you can get AMG Line + Executive Line? The dealership was telling me you need to pick actually. I think there are some conflicts - for example, some of the AMG-line wheels are too big to go with the 10 degree rear wheel steering, which is standard on Executive Line. I do agree - I like the sportier look in the AMG line and the extra elements on the front.
Old 10-12-2020 | 07:37 PM

04 Lexus LS430
I forget where I saw this but the 4 seat configuration isn't coming to the US. Maybe it's just delayed (hopefully) like e-Active Body Control.
Old 10-13-2020 | 06:08 AM

Really - you can get AMG Line + Executive Line? The dealership was telling me you need to pick actually. I think there are some conflicts - for example, some of the AMG-line wheels are too big to go with the 10 degree rear wheel steering, which is standard on Executive Line. I do agree - I like the sportier look in the AMG line and the extra elements on the front.
Regarding wheels, you need to be careful. If you want 10 degrees (code 216] rear axle steering then max wheel size is 20” If you want 21” wheels then you’re limited to 4.5 degrees (code 201].

Personally, I prefer the 10 degrees rear axle steering over 21” wheels.
Old 10-13-2020 | 06:12 AM

it states:

Apologies, here’s the correct reference. See page 30
(a lot of useful info!)
Attached Files
Old 10-14-2020 | 01:18 PM

By the way, remember our discussion on other thread regarding MBUX Interior Assist (code 77B)? I stated it was only available as option on black upholstery and you stated it was standard feature.
Please notice that the feature is not in your order (whether standard or optional equipment​​​​​​).
Old 12-12-2020 | 07:21 PM

S550 coupe
Anyone has pricing?
Old 12-12-2020 | 09:31 PM

GLE 400
By the way, remember our discussion on other thread regarding MBUX Interior Assist (code 77B)? I stated it was only available as option on black upholstery and you stated it was standard feature.
Please notice that the feature is not in your order (whether standard or optional equipment​​​​​​).
Here is what my dealer had said on this topic:

The MBUX Interior Assistant is supposed to be standard on the 2021 S580.

I believe they did reference the feature in one of the launch videos I watched.

Had you heard anything otherwise?
Old 12-12-2020 | 09:32 PM

GLE 400
Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Anyone has pricing?
No pricing yet, but assuming that a fully-loaded S580 will be around $150-160K
Old 12-12-2020 | 09:36 PM

GLE 400
Btw, one other update I can share - my build date has been set by Mercedes for mid-January. Dealer thinks I can take delivery by late March or so.

Originally they had said there might be a delay because we picked the Silver Aluminum Fanned Walnut Wood Trim Open Pore option, however it seems like that has not impacted the build date so far.
Old 12-13-2020 | 11:29 AM

Btw, one other update I can share - my build date has been set by Mercedes for mid-January. Dealer thinks I can take delivery by late March or so.

Originally they had said there might be a delay because we picked the Silver Aluminum Fanned Walnut Wood Trim Open Pore option, however it seems like that has not impacted the build date so far.
Were you able to get E-ABC and MBUX Interior Assist?
Old 12-13-2020 | 11:03 PM

2015 S-550, 2017 Jaguar XE 35t R-Sport, 2007 Jaguar S-Type 3.0, 2013 S550 (traded)

Any word on pricing? I have seen cars online upward of 160k euros...
Old 12-14-2020 | 12:46 AM

GLE 400
Were you able to get E-ABC and MBUX Interior Assist?
Re: MBUX Interior Assist, I'm told it's standard in US on the S580.

E-ABC seems to be delayed to model year 2022, according to my dealer. I have another thread on this that has a bit more detail.
Old 12-14-2020 | 03:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

No more MB:(
Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Anyone has pricing?
My guess is no more than 10K plus over w222 Can't see more than that.

Yes, love the fridge!
Old 12-17-2020 | 12:51 PM

S580
Originally Posted by places
My guess is no more than 10K plus over w222 Can't see more than that.

Yes, love the fridge!
I just read that the 580 starts at $117k. Which is ridiculous to me. I would imagine this build to be around 140ish easy.
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...class-pricing/
Old 12-17-2020 | 01:09 PM

S550
Wow. Thats ridiculously high. Might be time to look elsewhere.
The following users liked this post:
Stephen513 (12-17-2020)
Old 12-17-2020 | 01:24 PM

2015 S-550, 2017 Jaguar XE 35t R-Sport, 2007 Jaguar S-Type 3.0, 2013 S550 (traded)
Originally Posted by ColeBlooded
I just read that the 580 starts at $117k. Which is ridiculous to me. I would imagine this build to be around 140ish easy.
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...class-pricing/
$121k for a basic 580 AMG Line??? No thank you!
Old 12-17-2020 | 02:52 PM

GLE 400
Originally Posted by TestnDoc
Wow. Thats ridiculously high. Might be time to look elsewhere.
It's only like a 10% difference, and it has a slew of upgrades. Is this really such a big deal? This is not a cheap product to begin with.

I for one am glad they are going up-market. You can definitely see the quality coming through in the end product.
Old 12-17-2020 | 05:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AWD, 1999 S500
It's only like a 10% difference, and it has a slew of upgrades. Is this really such a big deal? This is not a cheap product to begin with.

I for one am glad they are going up-market. You can definitely see the quality coming through in the end product.
Yep that is where they are going. It appears a lot more is standard now too?

M

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Placed my order today for the S580