Another complaint

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2021, 11:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 366 Likes on 303 Posts
1991 190E 2.3
Originally Posted by SW20S
If you were an engineer, I'd entertain your point.
Your words show you weren't raised by an engineer. Unlike you,, I was actually raised by an engineer who was a member of the Society of Automotive Engineers and had more than 40 years of aviation and automotive engineering work experience. Again, my engineer father taught me to never buy the first year of a new model because of all of the the glitches that happen in the early days of real world use of new technology. Your personal attacks again show the weakness of your position. Sadly the OP experienced exactly the types of new technology glitches that my engineer father always warned me about.
Old 10-22-2021, 12:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 399 Likes on 298 Posts
EQ
Respectfully, your repetitive mention of your engineer father as well as first model year glitches may have people turned off to your posts. Repeating the same thing over and over makes for difficult reading.

Originally Posted by 190Efan
Your words show you weren't raised by an engineer. Unlike you,, I was actually raised by an engineer who was a member of the Society of Automotive Engineers and had more than 40 years of aviation and automotive engineering work experience. Again, my engineer father taught me to never buy the first year of a new model because of all of the the glitches that happen in the early days of real world use of new technology. Your personal attacks again show the weakness of your position. Sadly the OP experienced exactly the types of new technology glitches that my engineer father always warned me about.
The following 2 users liked this post by teksurv:
emilner (10-22-2021), Jmcintire217 (10-23-2021)
Old 10-22-2021, 12:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,665 Likes on 2,099 Posts
2020 S560 Sedan, 2019 SL450, 2019 E450 Luxury Trim Wagon, '24 BMW I7 on order...
Originally Posted by teksurv
Respectfully, your repetitive mention of your engineer father as well as first model year glitches may have people turned off to your posts. Repeating the same thing over and over makes for difficult reading.
You hit the nail on the head and with this post! I am unsubscribing to this thread. Enough is enough.
The following 2 users liked this post by Streamliner:
emilner (10-22-2021), Jmcintire217 (10-23-2021)
Old 10-22-2021, 03:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,769 Likes on 1,772 Posts
2024 S580

Last edited by SW20S; 10-22-2021 at 03:54 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Jmcintire217 (10-23-2021)
Old 10-22-2021, 10:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 345 Likes on 215 Posts
S560
I spoke to my aviation mechanic father who mentioned that my secretary mother had already told my waitress sister that describing your line of work with every sentence is just plain dumb, almost childish. And frankly I have met several engineers (who may have been fathers) who were members of SoAE and they were absolutely clueless. Just think of every debacle/recall/design flaw we have seen in the automotive world- they were all put into existence by an engineer. Not dissing on engineers, every industry has its fair share of dodos, but being an engineer doesn't mean you are an authority of truth, nor does said minister of truth then also translate to offspring...
The following 3 users liked this post by emilner:
Jmcintire217 (10-23-2021), places (10-22-2021), SW20S (10-23-2021)
Old 10-23-2021, 10:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 S580
Originally Posted by emilner
I spoke to my aviation mechanic father who mentioned that my secretary mother had already told my waitress sister that describing your line of work with every sentence is just plain dumb, almost childish. And frankly I have met several engineers (who may have been fathers) who were members of SoAE and they were absolutely clueless. Just think of every debacle/recall/design flaw we have seen in the automotive world- they were all put into existence by an engineer. Not dissing on engineers, every industry has its fair share of dodos, but being an engineer doesn't mean you are an authority of truth, nor does said minister of truth then also translate to offspring...
If you want to understand how clueless an architect can be for instance, look at a parking garage lol.
The following 2 users liked this post by SW20S:
E55Greasemonkey (10-27-2021), emilner (10-23-2021)
Old 10-23-2021, 02:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1991 190E 2.3
Unfortunately, there are people participating in this thread who need to be told the facts about the pitfalls of buying the first year of new technology multiple times because they can't handle the facts and continue to use personal attacks to avoid facing the facts. Sorry it's repetitive but I guess some people need more than one factual post to finally get the message. I'm sick of it too and think this thread needs to be closed as well.
Old 10-23-2021, 10:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 S580
Unfortunately, there are people participating in this thread who need to be told the facts about the pitfalls of buying the first year of new technology multiple times because they can't handle the facts and continue to use personal attacks to avoid facing the facts. Sorry it's repetitive but I guess some people need more than one factual post to finally get the message. I'm sick of it too and think this thread needs to be closed as well.
Nobody is attacking you. Telling you that you aren't an engineer isn't an attack...you aren't an engineer. Thats a fact. Its also a fact that your father being an engineer doesn't make you an engineer. Just look at the fact that you have no support in this thread. Zero. Your argument just doesn't make any sense.

Nobody is denying that there are potentially pitfalls to buying a first year model, we're just saying there have been a lot of issues here, beyond what one would expect for the OP and beyond for other owners, and that any buyer of a vehicle would be rightly frustrated with these problems. Nobody is going to spend $130k+ on a car with all these failures, having it leave them stranded at their home and need to be towed in (didnt happen to the OP, but to a couple others) and say "hey, thats what I get for buying a first year model" and not be frustrated.

You're not changing anybody's minds here, you don't own this vehicle and don't seem to have any plan to purchase it in the near future, and you have no experience or background to bring to the discussion...if you're sick of this thread stop posting the same thing over and over and let the rest of us move on with the discussion.

Last edited by SW20S; 10-23-2021 at 10:10 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by SW20S:
chassis (10-24-2021), Sonic Boom (10-24-2021)
Old 10-23-2021, 11:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,019 Likes on 741 Posts
2010 E350 4Matic
"Never argue with an idiot. You'll never convince the idiot that you're correct, and bystanders won't be able to tell who's who."

Last edited by MBNUT1; 10-23-2021 at 11:34 PM.
The following users liked this post:
SW20S (10-24-2021)
Old 10-24-2021, 09:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 S580
Originally Posted by MBNUT1
"Never argue with an idiot. You'll never convince the idiot that you're correct, and bystanders won't be able to tell who's who."
But it is a diversion lol
Old 10-24-2021, 10:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1991 190E 2.3
Originally Posted by MBNUT1
Your personal attacks show the weakness of your position.
Old 10-24-2021, 11:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1991 190E 2.3
Originally Posted by SW20S
Nobody is attacking you. Telling you that you aren't an engineer isn't an attack...you aren't an engineer. Thats a fact. Its also a fact that your father being an engineer doesn't make you an engineer. Just look at the fact that you have no support in this thread. Zero. Your argument just doesn't make any sense.

Nobody is denying that there are potentially pitfalls to buying a first year model, we're just saying there have been a lot of issues here, beyond what one would expect for the OP and beyond for other owners, and that any buyer of a vehicle would be rightly frustrated with these problems. Nobody is going to spend $130k+ on a car with all these failures, having it leave them stranded at their home and need to be towed in (didnt happen to the OP, but to a couple others) and say "hey, thats what I get for buying a first year model" and not be frustrated.

You're not changing anybody's minds here, you don't own this vehicle and don't seem to have any plan to purchase it in the near future, and you have no experience or background to bring to the discussion...if you're sick of this thread stop posting the same thing over and over and let the rest of us move on with the discussion.
Once again your personal attacks show the weakness of your position and I'm sick of your nasty attacks. Your own words once again show that you have no engineering/technology experience because you don't seem to be able to grasp this basic reality about the pitfalls of early use of new technology. Having been raised by an engineer, I do understand this. Most of the people posting in this thread don't own a W223 and don't plan to buy one. It's not my fault that people with no experience working with engineering/technology don't get the message that since the beginning of engineering/technology there are always glitches during the early days of real world use of the new technology. You especially don't want to understand this reality. I'm very sorry that the OP had such problems with their W223 but this is the risk you take when you purchase very early in the adoption of a new vehicle with new technology. It's time to finally grasp this and move on.
Old 10-25-2021, 12:16 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2011 e550 -retired; 2016 e63 -retired, 2022 s580 -active, 2020 GLC 63 - active
Once again your personal attacks show the weakness of your position and I'm sick of your nasty attacks. Your own words once again show that you have no engineering/technology experience because you don't seem to be able to grasp this basic reality about the pitfalls of early use of new technology. Having been raised by an engineer, I do understand this. Most of the people posting in this thread don't own a W223 and don't plan to buy one. It's not my fault that people with no experience working with engineering/technology don't get the message that since the beginning of engineering/technology there are always glitches during the early days of real world use of the new technology. You especially don't want to understand this reality. I'm very sorry that the OP had such problems with their W223 but this is the risk you take when you purchase very early in the adoption of a new vehicle with new technology. It's time to finally grasp this and move on.
Not sure if its the right move to jump in here. But you’re right about moving on, just need to do it yourself.
Old 10-25-2021, 12:43 AM

Received 130 Likes on 55 Posts
2022 S500
This is definitely better than tonight’s “Curb Your Enthusiasm.”
Old 10-25-2021, 03:21 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3,282 Likes on 2,040 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
I think this thread has been sufficiently derailed. Time to bring this to a close.
Perhaps the OP can create another thread once the situation has concluded.