S-Class (W223) 2021 to Present

For Audiophiles only

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2021, 02:55 AM

Received 173 Likes on 114 Posts
2021 S500 (Mojave Silver), MB S400 (wife), BMW 750Li (passed on to kids)
For Audiophiles only

I have the 4D Burmester and came across the attached sound setting under equalizer for “Loudness Normalization,” to “Equalize the perceived volume to a certain.”
Searched everywhere and online with no luck (could also be on the 3D, not sure).
Any audiophiles to assist would be greatly appreciated.

Old 10-01-2021, 09:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S
loudness compensation changes the amount of bass and treble applied to music at different sound volumes. So when you reduce the volume the low frequencies and high frequencies increase, which supposedly compensates for how we hear low and high frequencies at different volume. It’s usually a very satisfying effect… not what an audiophile would desire however since they want straight wire sound. I enjoy loudness effects.

Originally Posted by Sonic Boom
I have the 4D Burmester and came across the attached sound setting under equalizer for “Loudness Normalization,” to “Equalize the perceived volume to a certain.”
Searched everywhere and online with no luck (could also be on the 3D, not sure).
Any audiophiles to assist would be greatly appreciated.

Old 10-02-2021, 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by Bobkaf
loudness compensation changes the amount of bass and treble applied to music at different sound volumes. So when you reduce the volume the low frequencies and high frequencies increase, which supposedly compensates for how we hear low and high frequencies at different volume. It’s usually a very satisfying effect… not what an audiophile would desire however since they want straight wire sound. I enjoy loudness effects.
Thanks Bobkaf. I’m not sure if you’re familiar with the MB 4D Burmester, but it has an exhaustive setup process if one wants to set up an optional personal profile. It has numerous sound adjustments to get audio just right to individual taste. It seems what you are describing is a setting that is at a basic level; reminds me of the “loudness” button on very old sound systems (showing my age ).
Old 10-02-2021, 06:52 PM

S
I have the regular burmeister and I’m just blown away by how incredible the sound is. I can’t imagine another notch up and would love to experience it. I suspect the loudness functions the same way as the old days. The regular S stereo has that same loudness choice when I set it up. What an incredible car…

Thanks Bobkaf. I’m not sure if you’re familiar with the MB 4D Burmester, but it has an exhaustive setup process if one wants to set up an optional personal profile. It has numerous sound adjustments to get audio just right to individual taste. It seems what you are describing is a setting that is at a basic level; reminds me of the “loudness” button on very old sound systems (showing my age ).
Old 10-03-2021, 03:47 AM

So the question now is what’s the difference between the low, medium, and high settings “degree of equalization?”
Old 10-03-2021, 01:44 PM

S
I think it’s just a matter of how base and treble boost you want. I’m pretty sure it will just follow the equalization curves here… https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equal-loudness_contour
Old 10-03-2021, 04:26 PM

Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts
S500 W223 2021
this only add more volume to the source of media, but if you want to get better sound, use the manual personalize profile, plus I highly recommend to use the online music and register its much more better in sounds quality comparing to USB flash and apple iPod music, it called Spotify , the sounds and filters using are accurately match with the 4D response and you will feel the 4D sounds on the seats much more comparing playing from USB or iPhone music. try it.
Old 10-04-2021, 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by Tariq
this only add more volume to the source of media, but if you want to get better sound, use the manual personalize profile, plus I highly recommend to use the online music and register its much more better in sounds quality comparing to USB flash and apple iPod music, it called Spotify , the sounds and filters using are accurately match with the 4D response and you will feel the 4D sounds on the seats much more comparing playing from USB or iPhone music. try it.
Thanks Tariq. As mentioned in a previous post of mine, I have set up the (excellent & exhaustive) Personal Profile, so I assume no need to for “Loudness Normalization” from what I understand now.
Regarding Spotify, and I assume your statement that it is superior to iPhone Music. But iPhone Music now has Lossless (ALAC up to 24-bit/48 kHz and -/192 kHz) and High Quality (AAC 256 kbps).
Are you saying Spotify is still better even with these iPhone music features?
Old 10-05-2021, 02:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,660 Likes on 1,707 Posts
2020 S560 4Matic
Thanks Tariq. As mentioned in a previous post of mine, I have set up the (excellent & exhaustive) Personal Profile, so I assume no need to for “Loudness Normalization” from what I understand now.
Regarding Spotify, and I assume your statement that it is superior to iPhone Music. But iPhone Music now has Lossless (ALAC up to 24-bit/48 kHz and -/192 kHz) and High Quality (AAC 256 kbps).
Spotify is nowhere near the quality of Apple Music Lossless formats
Old 10-05-2021, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by SW20S
That’s what I thought (I was just addressing to Tariq’s statement).
Old 10-05-2021, 04:31 PM

S500 W223 2021
yes this is exactly what I have noticed you can feel the quality of the sounds and speakers in the seats are functioning very accurate comparing to apple audio, the reason, this application is built in comes as a deft when you chose online music, dont try to connect from apple app to the media, just link to get the data and let the MB system play from online music, check the difference, I start to like all the music with the 4D because I feel it punching sharp over the body will no longer need the massage , enjoy
Old 10-05-2021, 04:35 PM

S500 W223 2021
Originally Posted by SW20S
from my experience the Spotify sounds from MBUS builtin app is way better than apple music, and noticed as well playing music from USB is really bad in quality and doesn't function well with the performance of the 4D.
Old 10-05-2021, 04:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,660 Likes on 1,707 Posts
2020 S560 4Matic
from my experience the Spotify sounds from MBUS builtin app is way better than apple music, and noticed as well playing music from USB is really bad in quality and doesn't function well with the performance of the 4D.
Have you compared this specifically to lossless content such as from Apple Music (lossless specifically) or Tidal or Amazon Music HD? Spotify streams at dramatically less bitrate, that should be the same regardless of whether its streamed through your phone or directly through the system.
Old 10-25-2021, 01:17 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2021 S580 AMG Line
Remember, you can always tweak the EQ in the Spotify app and enable high quality streaming (24 bit) in the app... Do this post customizing your 4D sound profile...