S-Class (W223) 2021 to Present

End of the Line for the ICE S-Class - Next Gen EV Only!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2022, 07:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,865 Likes on 1,845 Posts
2024 S580
Originally Posted by Wolfman
No need to try to ridicule a response that is correct. I definitely like the W223 S-Class much better than the EQS and also much better than the W222 S-Class. Nobody needs to share this opinion but if several people agree, it is still just an opinion, not a fact.
Especially the notion that if other reviewers share my opinion, then it must be so again means nothing. Just subjective opinions. It is the majority? That is subject to interpretation as the few personal opinions from commenters, members and reviewers are dwarfed by actual EQS's owners who may just like that car as-is
Nobody is saying there aren't EQS owners that like their cars just like they are, the point is that design is not going to work as a replacement for the S Class, its far too polarizing and weak.

Opinions are subjective, but where there is smoke there's fire. Nobody who designs a car wants the styling of it to be near universally panned in the media. Styling is either successful or a failure, so there is a degree of right and wrong, some people liked the Pontiac Aztek but that doesn't mean that it isn't regarded as one of the ugliest cars ever made. As has been proven now this is a one and done model, and the next car will be an EV S Class and there will be no more EQS. This is a test sled for the technology and to draw attention to what MB is doing. The next gen EV S Class will look way more like the W223 than it does the EQS.

Last edited by SW20S; 08-05-2022 at 07:11 PM.
Old 08-05-2022, 07:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,181 Likes on 733 Posts
23 S580 Executive
Originally Posted by Wolfman
Remove the word fact and we are good Your info is still just annectdotal.
Negative. The standard of beauty regarding any subject is independently quantifiable; both the historical and the contemporary. Meanwhile anecdotal evidence is that which relies on PERSONAL observation to draw a conclusion. Another person saying they don't like something as the result of being queried isn't anecdotal evidence, it's direct testimony. Meanwhile, independent reviews are assessments made by qualified and objective evaluators to quantify, find error, examine for fitness, or to provide comparative data.

I can find very few instances where an independent reviewer stated the EQS was attractive; on the other hand, I have read a great many across several languages and cultures that found the styling to be somewhere between underwhelming and unattractive. Meanwhile, the direct testimony of every person I have met in the real world has mirrored that of those independent reviewers. None of that is subjective in aggregate, which is what I'm talking about; the standard of beauty is not an absolute, it's a consensus. The EQS does not meet the standard of beauty. You know that though, just like you know what the standard of beauty is with men and women is in this culture and whether any given woman or man would meet that standard.