S-Class (W223) 2021 to Present

Question about Rear MBUX tablet

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2022, 10:06 PM

Received 81 Likes on 62 Posts
Question about Rear MBUX tablet

Hey guys,
In all the videos i've seen the rear tablet has Radio, Navigation, Comfort, Phone and Settings. For some reason I do not have Radio or Navigation icon on mine and cannot change music or send destination from the rear seat. Can anyone tell me if there rear tablet has the radio or media icons and navigation so they can change from the back. I do not have the rear screens, only the tablet encase that makes a difference

Thanks in advance

Last edited by DoctorDash; 06-02-2022 at 10:42 PM.
Old 06-03-2022, 05:36 PM

Anyone?
Old 06-09-2022, 09:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,067 Likes on 674 Posts
23 S580 Executive
So what is the DB7 rear seat entertainment package?
Old 06-09-2022, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by crabman
So what is the DB7 rear seat entertainment package?
This is the additional 2 monitors that are mounted on the backs of the seats. If you HAVE this option, then all 3 screens mirror the front one. If your bootleg like me, and only have the rear monitor you cannot see navigation or radio, first world problems LOL. I did find out you can change the volume on the radio, move stations backwards/forwards which I guess is ok, but being able to enter navigation is really what i wanted this rear tablet for.
Old 06-09-2022, 10:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

23 S580 Executive
My order has the package, whether I actually get it is a whole different question. Offhand the things that stand out on my order is that active ambient doesn't seem to exist, there is no mention of it. I noticed I don't see it on the site either although that was in a quick perusal. I also don't see the screens mentioned when you option executive line in the configurator but they are on the order. Already deleted for credit is the trunk kick.
Old 06-09-2022, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by crabman
My order has the package, whether I actually get it is a whole different question. Offhand the things that stand out on my order is that active ambient doesn't seem to exist, there is no mention of it. I noticed I don't see it on the site either although that was in a quick perusal. I also don't see the screens mentioned when you option executive line in the configurator but they are on the order. Already deleted for credit is the trunk kick.
From what I understand the active ambient lighting is put into every S class if available, and then you'll see an added like 790 charge. If its not available, its just not there and no credit since they tack it onto the MSRP. The first vehicle I almost bought had the screens but was missing the AAL so I cancelled it, to be honest I would never want a car without it. It literally changes the entire atmosphere of the vehicle and just looks so incredible and im not some teenager. I did wind up getting a few options in the second car that the first one didnt have so not too upset, I basically traded the rear entertainment for EABC and Burmeister 4D, so not too bad a trade off

The option code for AAL is 878 encase you can check the sticker/order form for the option
Old 06-09-2022, 11:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

23 S580 Executive
I went 3d tech and 4D with executive; the dealership seems to think this means the ambient lighting significantly more likely to show up with the car. Don't know the truth of that but it is their claim. The ambient is also a pad for me, along with the 4d, and 3d tech as well. I didn't order the EABC. I did want the exclusive leather and so be trying to add until it locks but it can't now be ordered in any configuration we tried.
Old 06-10-2022, 05:58 PM

Received 173 Likes on 114 Posts
2021 S500 (Mojave Silver), MB S400 (wife), BMW 750Li (passed on to kids)
Originally Posted by DoctorDash
,,,,,,,,If you HAVE this option, then all 3 screens mirror the front one.
Hi, that’s not really the case; each screen operates independently from the others, including the front center console screen. Also, you can share media from from one to the other(s), among other features.
The only mirroring that occurs is between the tablet and the chosen right or left rear screen.

Last edited by Sonic Boom; 06-10-2022 at 06:00 PM.
Old 06-10-2022, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Sonic Boom
Hi, that’s not really the case; each screen operates independently from the others, including the front center console screen. Also, you can share media from from one to the other(s), among other features.
The only mirroring that occurs is between the tablet and the chosen right or left rear screen.
Tomato, Tomatoe LOL.. What I meant is when you have the 3 screens, the rear 3 screens have RADIO, NAVIGATION, COMFORT, SETTINGS, PHONE. Whereas if you just have the tablet its only phone, comfort and settings.
Old 12-05-2022, 11:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S 580

Just purchased a 2021 S580 with the rear screens. I am am to view videos on the front screen but I cannot drag to the rear screens. Is it really not possible to mirror from front to rear? If not, where do you plug in inputs to watch a movie in the back?

Thanks!
Old 12-06-2022, 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by micouremo
,,,,,where do you plug in inputs to watch a movie in the back?
!
There should be HDMI 1/2 inputs in the rear armrest (for mine they are "mini/micro?" HDMI plugs) See pic

Old 12-10-2022, 11:21 AM
TSA

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
S580 MAYBACH Z223
Hey guys,
In all the videos i've seen the rear tablet has Radio, Navigation, Comfort, Phone and Settings. For some reason I do not have Radio or Navigation icon on mine and cannot change music or send destination from the rear seat. Can anyone tell me if there rear tablet has the radio or media icons and navigation so they can change from the back. I do not have the rear screens, only the tablet encase that makes a difference

Thanks in advance
you need to update the rear tablet. i had the same issue.
Old 12-10-2022, 11:22 AM
TSA

S580 MAYBACH Z223
There should be HDMI 1/2 inputs in the rear armrest (for mine they are "mini/micro?" HDMI plugs) See pic
its mini hdmi. as i can remember you get them if you select a certain package. all aplies to the extra type c ports.
Old 12-10-2022, 11:24 AM
TSA

S580 MAYBACH Z223
Originally Posted by micouremo
Just purchased a 2021 S580 with the rear screens. I am am to view videos on the front screen but I cannot drag to the rear screens. Is it really not possible to mirror from front to rear? If not, where do you plug in inputs to watch a movie in the back?

Thanks!
i plugged my ssd to the front i donwloaded some movies on my ssd and plugged to the front armrest usb type c port.
Old 12-10-2022, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by TSA
you need to update the rear tablet. i had the same issue.
I did update the tablet, still no radio/navigation. From what i've read ONLY the cars with rear entertainment get this option. Can you confirm you have these options without rear seat entertainment package?

Thanks
Old 12-10-2022, 03:21 PM
TSA

S580 MAYBACH Z223
I did update the tablet, still no radio/navigation. From what i've read ONLY the cars with rear entertainment get this option. Can you confirm you have these options without rear seat entertainment package?

Thanks
tomorrow I’m going to the Mercedes Benz dealer , I’ll ask them about it. I think it might not be available for your vehicle because it would have no purpose I guess. I’ll reply quick as I could be .
Old 12-10-2022, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by TSA
tomorrow I’m going to the Mercedes Benz dealer , I’ll ask them about it. I think it might not be available for your vehicle because it would have no purpose I guess. I’ll reply quick as I could be .
Why would it have no purpose? I have an executive model with rear executive seat used for chauffeuring me around. Alot safer for me entering a destination on the rear of the vehicle then the driver. I've seen pics of other vehicles with this option enabled and no rse but not in the US. The dealers know absolutely notihng, there morons. It's insane as you would think someone would have a clue about a 157k flagship vehicle
Old 12-11-2022, 04:17 AM
TSA

S580 MAYBACH Z223
Why would it have no purpose? I have an executive model with rear executive seat used for chauffeuring me around. Alot safer for me entering a destination on the rear of the vehicle then the driver. I've seen pics of other vehicles with this option enabled and no rse but not in the US. The dealers know absolutely notihng, there morons. It's insane as you would think someone would have a clue about a 157k flagship vehicle
i got some bad news. its not available in some regions as my dealer said to me. i think its a marketing strategy by mercedes. so stupid that my car got millions of features but i cant even use most of them. it could serve a nice purpose , the thing im saying is it will cost more money to put an navigation interface for the tablet.
Old 12-11-2022, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by TSA
i got some bad news. its not available in some regions as my dealer said to me. i think its a marketing strategy by mercedes. so stupid that my car got millions of features but i cant even use most of them. it could serve a nice purpose , the thing im saying is it will cost more money to put an navigation interface for the tablet.
I wish I could say i was surprised, but nope lol. Anyways luckily for us BN can activate all these things for us fingers crossed hes ready sooner then later
Old 12-12-2022, 08:33 AM
TSA

S580 MAYBACH Z223
I wish I could say i was surprised, but nope lol. Anyways luckily for us BN can activate all these things for us fingers crossed hes ready sooner then later
oh you mean the benz ninja right? ill ask him that if he could activate some extra stuff for my vehicle. probably the vmax activation and video in motion.
Old 12-12-2022, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by TSA
oh you mean the benz ninja right? ill ask him that if he could activate some extra stuff for my vehicle. probably the vmax activation and video in motion.
He’s still working in the W223. I don’t think he has anything ready for it yet. We’ve all been waiting for some time (if you’ve followed some of the threads here).
Old 12-12-2022, 10:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

23 S580 Executive
Yeah, left for vacation, came back, time came for another vacation, be back from that in a few days, still waiting...