S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

Pics of my New S65, LOOK!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 10:07 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Nissan Altima 2.5SL 2006 Audi A6 2008 BMW 535xi
[QUOTE=CoogiMan;2661829]
Originally Posted by jPoD
Wowwwwwwww. Lemme guess? Real Estate? Seriously, going into the business side of sports can potentially be lucrative, but not 5 houses lucrative...

What makes you think that?

Coogi
I can't tell if that's sarcasm, but I was just guessing you were love2ski's partner.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 C32 AMG
Wow

Very impecable rides you got there! As if the 604/738 figures weren't enough, a renntech stg 2 will be ultimatly added? Too much power is never enough I guess. You are pushing VRAlexander status almost with those rides.. Nice life.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:27 PM

1997 E420, 1983 300D
SLURP SLURP SLUUUUURRP SLURP

give me a break
Old 02-24-2008, 01:08 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2001 S500 Sport "Klaus"
Originally Posted by moldowan
post a picture of you circa this era, gotta be good for a few laughs right?
I'll find a good one and post it. It's funny, but sort of cool (to me at any rate). Wish I still had as thick a head of hair as back then, though!

v
Old 02-24-2008, 01:15 AM

2001 S500 Sport "Klaus"
Originally Posted by love2skiutah
Just thought I'd share some pics of my 22's on my Supercharged Range Rover

that's a crazy look! wow...

i bet those rims would look killer on a bmw; they're a bit like the 5-series 7-spoke rims in the shape of the spokes. on your car, they make an already "johnny socko and his flying robot"-looking vehicle look even more so, which is quite an accomplishment!
Old 02-24-2008, 01:26 AM

2001 S500 Sport "Klaus"
Originally Posted by c32AMGUK
My comment about the S65 is justified.... its dull, floppy, wallows around like a 10 tonne barge and cannot keep the pace with true sportscars, although i expected it to with the hype i had been hearing, my friend feel's exactly the same way, and he own's 1 !!!!

I cannot beleive the defence you guys have for mercedes, the service is awful, servicing is overpriced with little technical knowledge, build quality is poor, the interior's are cheap and nasty, and most of the S class design is copied from a bmw 7 series, which has been around for some 4 years now !!

I own 2 mercedes, but come on guys, they are pretty awful, go and look at whats on offer now, the other brands are wiping the floor with mercedes now, i have had my c32 for 2 yrs and originally purchased it for individuality and performance over an M3, or RS4 (again RS4's even the lastest are awful) andthe 2007 S class, i ordered before they even came out, or had a demo, but i was promised a complete change in the new generation mercede's. But low and behold it arrived and its the same old problems, just re-designed !!
this fellow pretty much completely spot-on nailed the S-Class, and most if not all of the mercedes line during the built- and/or designed-during "Daimler-Chrysler" era. I've had a few, and I loooooove the previous generation S-Class' looks from the exterior, but the cars' build quality, pricing and dealership experience are well-described above. I've been treated far better during the course of ownership of a few Cadillacs, both of which were built at least as well as the Benz's I've owned (except my '72, which was a model of craftsmanship), and didn't suffer from being hyped as "performance" cars when they were in fact very comfortable freeway cruisers/opera cars, which is what an S-Class is when the marketing hype is muted and you see the barge for what it is.

As an aside, I was pretty surprised to find this thread keeps coming back, like a friggin' vampire.
Old 02-24-2008, 01:37 AM

2001 S500 Sport "Klaus"
You really contributed nothing with your previous post.
neither did you, but for a little casual bragging. have a nice day!
Old 02-25-2008, 12:35 AM
Almost a Member!

64' Caddy, LX470, S65..GL..
You would be surprised as to what sport "investments" yield the highest returns....Often times it is not "all about the $$$". Real estate investing: Yes! Tangible assets that are cyclical but have treated me well.
Homes:

LA=Los Angeles
WA=Edmonds, WA....15 min north of Seattle.
UT=SLC
NY=Manhatthan (East side)
ID= My favorite of all! River Rim ranch. It is not built as of yet but the excitement is building around this project. Absolutely beautiful and time spent in Teton Springs (other side of Jackson Hole) clears your mind.

check it out: www.riverrimranch.com

PS-I've often spent time near Ephrata, Reading, Lancaster, and of course King of Prussia suburbia....Beautiful summers!

Old 02-25-2008, 06:28 AM
Almost a Member!

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5SL 2006 Audi A6 2008 BMW 535xi
Originally Posted by CoogiMan
You would be surprised as to what sport "investments" yield the highest returns....Often times it is not "all about the $$$". Real estate investing: Yes! Tangible assets that are cyclical but have treated me well.
Homes:

LA=Los Angeles
WA=Edmonds, WA....15 min north of Seattle.
UT=SLC
NY=Manhatthan (East side)
ID= My favorite of all! River Rim ranch. It is not built as of yet but the excitement is building around this project. Absolutely beautiful and time spent in Teton Springs (other side of Jackson Hole) clears your mind.

check it out: www.riverrimranch.com

PS-I've often spent time near Ephrata, Reading, Lancaster, and of course King of Prussia suburbia....Beautiful summers!

Right by me
Old 02-25-2008, 10:08 AM
Almost a Member!

2008 S63 AMG, 2008 ML 550
how much for the house?
Old 02-25-2008, 10:12 AM
Almost a Member!

2008 S63 AMG, 2008 ML 550
Sweet car!!!!!
Old 02-25-2008, 02:06 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1999 C280 Previous / 2008 E350
That's a nice Land Rover...
Old 02-26-2008, 02:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
s63, e55
sick love the rims
Old 02-26-2008, 03:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
I ordered this beast in August and just got it last week....

I also wanted to post pics of my E55, GL450 and my G55.

The picture of the SLR is my partners at my company and I took a picture of it in front of our Gulfstream.

The Last picture is the benz for my 3 year old daughter... Too bad it doesn't come in black.

It's funny, cause my wife and I are are the youngest couple in my neighborhood and I have 4 Black Mercedes, so they all think I'm in the Mafia.

It's been about a week now and I absolutely love the car. There are quite a few things I like and dislike about the car.

Pros:
1. Dynamic Seating has improved from the last generation Mercedes.
2. Massagers in chairs and ten times better than the old ones.
3. Panaramic Roof
4. Lot's of torque
5. Lot's of room
6. Lot's of Horse Power
7. Command System is very easy to get used to
8. "V12-BiTurbo" badging... I get a lot of attention at stoplights from other guys.
9. Voice Control is fabulous
10. Blue Tooth works awesome with my Blackberry
11. The HUGE front brake Callipers...
12. I love how quickly the car stops
13. Handling of the car is absolutely amazing. The car doesn't drive big at all. It's easy to manuver and dart in and out of lanes.
14. I love the automatic sunshades in the rear side windows
15. VERY VERY quiet
16. Very classy and clean on the interior. No confusion on which button does what.
17. Reclining Seats
18. I love that my brakes don't squeak, like on my friends SLR or my E55.
19. Keyless Go is improved. I love how you just touch the handle to lock and unlock the car. On my E55 I have to push a button or pull gently on the handle.
20. Parktronic

Cons:
1. There are not 2 sun visors (Like on my E55). On the E55 I like how I can put my sun visor down, swing it to the side and still have another small one, so I don't have to flip back and forth.
2. No illuminated door sills. It's retarded it didn't come stock. It adds so much class to the car.
3. There needs to be more short cut buttons for the Command System.
4. When I open the sun roof visor, it opens automatically. It doesn't close automatically... I hate that. I also don't like how the back sun roof for the pano-rama is not automatic either. The back sunroof doesn't open or close automatically, so I'm left holding the button down while I'm driving. It's weird to me that all the windows and sunshades in the back and rear go up and down with the push of the button, but the sunroof visor does not close automatically.
5. There is not enough storage compartments. When I drive, I like to have my cell phone, wallet and other small things up front where I can get to them. After I put all my stuff in the cupholders, there is no place to put other things or drinks.
6. The cup holders suck.
7. I wish the engine sounded like a V12, not a V8. To me it doesn't sound amazing.
8. The nightvision is to hard to use. No one in there right mind could possibly drive and look at that thing at the same time. To me it's completely worthless. The only cool thing about it is showing it off to friends and family.
9. On the Multi-button steering wheel, I like to leave the menu on the "Audio" section so that I can browse through my ipod or radio stations. Every time I re-start the car, it's back on the first menu. If you turn the car off and get in it later, it should stay at the menu you left it at.
10. There needs to be a shortcut for radio pre-sets on the dash, not in the computer menus. It's a pain to use the control knob to browse through pre-sets. What's the point of a pre-set radio station if you have to go through a bunch of menus just to get to them?
11. I'm not a big fan of the rear-back up camera... To me, the camera seems like it's pointing down to low. I know it's a good to have it like that to see if there is anything on the ground, but I still wish it was pointing a tiny bit higher.
12. Mercedes famous brake dust.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:38 PM

2001 S500 Sport "Klaus"
edited
true enough; then again, neither am i.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:14 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2004 C240 4matic, 1992 300E
Hey love2ski (or anyone else that knows for that matter)

I'd really like to know: from the outside, the s65 really sounds like a beast. But still, it's a luxury sedan. On the inside, is it as quiet as the S600? When you are driving normally, in town for example, is it dead quiet like the 600 or is the sound intrusive?

thank you!
Old 03-05-2008, 11:48 AM

S65 Renntech'd, GL450, Super Charged Range Rover
Originally Posted by MercAddict
Hey love2ski (or anyone else that knows for that matter)

I'd really like to know: from the outside, the s65 really sounds like a beast. But still, it's a luxury sedan. On the inside, is it as quiet as the S600? When you are driving normally, in town for example, is it dead quiet like the 600 or is the sound intrusive?

thank you!
It's dead quiet driving around town. Because I have 22's on it, when I get about 50, it's a little louder than the stock 20's, but the average individual is not going to notice. I still have everyone comment to me, how quiet the ride is on the freeway all the time.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:52 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2010 E550.. Gone but never forgotton - E63 AMG..
That's seems weird to me....

I'm 27, so I spend a lot of time on the internet for personal and business...

27 and own an S65.. Are they hiring ? What do you do ?
What an Awsome collection of cars.
Good luck
Old 03-23-2008, 11:05 PM

03 cl500,04 range rover, 04 cayenne turbo, 08 yukon denali
Butchen...
How's that real estate market now? I bet a lot of people out there regret spending money on some of the things that they could have done without now..
As far as this post...I give the kid credit. Whether or not he loses his *** really doesnt matter. Once you are on top and have fallen it's always easier to get back up there. The next comeback may come with a better outlook on spending habits. I've had my rise and fall multiple times...Each time hurte less because I don't spend as much money on things that will depreciate anymore. I don't need "this years" model on every car that I buy.
my 2 cents...

Either way, I still wish the author well..

Last edited by ehaser; 03-24-2008 at 12:10 AM.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:43 PM

S65 Renntech'd, GL450, Super Charged Range Rover
Originally Posted by ehaser
Butchen...
How's that real estate market now? I bet a lot of people out there regret spending money on some of the things that they could have done without now..
As far as this post...I give the kid credit. Whether or not he loses his *** really doesnt matter. Once you are on top and have fallen it's always easier to get back up there. The next comeback may come with a better outlook on spending habits. I've had my rise and fall multiple times...Each time hurte less because I don't spend as much money on things that will depreciate anymore. I don't need "this years" model on every car that I buy.
my 2 cents...

Either way, I still wish the author well..
Thank you.

Yes, I'm 28 now and I have lost everything I've had twice already. I don't recommend it if you're married. It creates issues...

But you're right, I have more contacts and it's a lot easier to make money these days with all the experience I've had than at the beginning. TRUST ME, I've learned from all my mistakes. I've made many..
Old 04-09-2012, 03:36 AM

Looking to buy a Benz
I ordered this beast in August and just got it last week....

I also wanted to post pics of my E55, GL450 and my G55.

The picture of the SLR is my partners at my company and I took a picture of it in front of our Gulfstream.

Posts like this made my jaw drop back in the good old days before the financial crisis. Twenty-something people driving S65's and SLR McLaren's, and flying Gulfstream. In hindsight, it's easy to say something wasn't right. Something was defying the laws of financial gravity. Money doesn't grow in trees. There is no easy money to be made.

Still after all these years, I sometimes start wondering what happened to people like love2skiutah? Namely to young people who made it big really quick.

Is he still macking it hard, making millions of dollars and driving four brand spanking new Merc's? Or was there just a temporary situation before financial crisis to be taken advantage of, and it's all over now? I keep on wondering if his partner has maybe traded in the SLR McLaren for, let's say, a Bugatti Veyron? Or are they still fying that Gulfstream?

Or was it all just a house of cards that was built on a pool of gasoline? Just waiting to be ignited and evaporate in a matter of seconds...

Anyways, it's good to remember the old times. People making it big and driving nice cars like S65 AMG and SLR McLaren. There's nothing wrong with that.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Maybe he discovered the "Fountain of Youth" would be worth millions..

He said he was only 27 years old when he started this thread, exact Time Stamp was 12-17-2006 then his last post here was 3-24-2008 & he's ONLY aged a year he says he's just 28 years of age in 3-24-2008.... we aged about 15.2 months in the same time period. Insert Twilight Zone music now..

Last edited by Thericker; 04-10-2012 at 01:59 AM.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:21 PM

Looking to buy a Benz
That's a good call. However, the old thread goes on to show the huge bubble that was in real estate just a couple of years ago and the amount of money that was to be made by being in the right place at the right time.

Too bad his company's website does no longer exist. I can still recall he and his partner having some pretty sweet real estate projects in Nevada. But Las Vegas real estate got hit hard when the bubble burst. Many people lost their appetite to purchase dreams in a form of future real estate projects...
Old 04-10-2012, 04:36 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by Thericker
He said he was only 27 years old when he started this thread, exact Time Stamp was 12-17-2006 then his last post here was 3-24-2008 & he's ONLY aged a year he says he's just 28 years of age in 3-24-2008.... we aged about 15.2 months in the same time period. Insert Twilight Zone music now..
Ricker your posts often make me laugh- this one takes the cake.
Old 04-10-2012, 05:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Likewise brutha..

Originally Posted by Vic55
Ricker your posts often make me laugh- this one takes the cake.
But you show much, much, more civility must be sumtin' w/mod status

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pics of my New S65, LOOK!!