S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

Pics of my New S65, LOOK!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 08:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S65 Renntech'd, GL450, Super Charged Range Rover
Originally Posted by W211 BEAST
Adopt me?
How much?
Old 02-12-2008, 08:32 AM

PS= I just picked up an 08 Super Charged Range Rover. It's Black with White interior..... 50% quieter than the 06's! I'll post pics when it stops snowing in Salt Lake.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:31 AM
Almost a Member!

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5SL 2006 Audi A6 2008 BMW 535xi
Originally Posted by love2skiutah
PS= I just picked up an 08 Super Charged Range Rover. It's Black with White interior..... 50% quieter than the 06's! I'll post pics when it stops snowing in Salt Lake.
I really wish I had the savvy for Real Estate...
Old 02-12-2008, 11:14 AM

Not to take away from the original post, but you guys are funny. My Rover this, my S-class that, my house, blah, blah. We get the point some of you are more privledge than others. Congrats on your achievements. I'll say this and jump back into Accord. If anyone can have close to $400-$500k in cars hopefully they can donate if not match the same amount to a needy cause? If this offends anyone then maybe you have something to think about.

-peace
Old 02-12-2008, 11:16 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by knight_ryder00
Not to take away from the original post, but you guys are funny. My Rover this, my S-class that, my house, blah, blah. We get the point some of you are more privledge than others. Congrats on your achievements. I'll say this and jump back into Accord. If anyone can have close to $400-$500k in cars hopefully they can donate if not match the same amount to a needy cause? If this offends anyone then maybe you have something to think about.

-peace
I dont think you have any right to tell others how to spend their money. For the record, my family gives around $100,000+ to charity annually.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by jPoD
I dont think you have any right to tell others how to spend their money. For the record, my family gives around $100,000+ to charity annually.

That's great. For clarity I just posted a question after reading through most of the posts. Not trying start anything. So ladies don't get your G-strings in a bunch. BTW nice S65. Tell that motosport site to update the car from S550 to S65
Old 02-12-2008, 01:31 PM
Almost a Member!

You really contributed nothing with your previous post.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:17 PM

07 S550, 06 F430, 07 CGT, 08 Escalade

-peace
http://www.acuraforums.com/
Old 02-12-2008, 07:42 PM

1989 Toyota Tercel Coupé
nice color combo. how is the SC?
Old 02-13-2008, 11:14 PM

SL55, Cayenne S, Tundra, 360 spider
LOL!! I know...

I've been looking for a house for the last year and a half...

I am planning on spending between 3 and 3.5 million.. that gets a lot of house in Salt Lake City.

I want my next move to be my LAST and FINAL move, so my thought was if I'm going to spend that kind of money on a home it has to be perfect in every aspect. So I wanted to take my time and look carefully...I've looked at a dozen homes in the last 12 months, but there is something always I don't like about them. Like I said, if I'm going to spend that kind of money on a home it has to be perfect.

Originally, when I bought the house I wanted to be the kid that had money, but was conservative and low key...That's why I bought the house in the first place. I didn't want people to know I had money, so I decided to buy a 600K house (Which is still a lot in Salt Lake), but my weakness is cars. I've bought and sold 12 luxury cars in the last 16 months. I've owned other Benz's, BMW's and Lexus's... I can't resist when it comes to cars...

My problem now is that I look like a dork with 400K worth of cars in the driveway and a 600K house, so that's when my wife and I decided to move..
I have the same problem. Garage full of expensive cars in a great house but it doesn't match the cars. I have a real weakness for cars. It is the only thing I foolishly spend money on. I can not bring myself to sell my house because I built it from nothing 20 years ago with my own hands and around every corner is a memory. The place is actually really nice probably 10X nicer than anything in the area. I have been thinking of getting a bigger place but probably never will. A 3 million dollar house here would be a new S65 in taxes every year and well I would rather throw the money away on a S65. Which brings me to my question. I have been thinking of getting a S65 but concerned about how it might drive in the snow?
Old 02-13-2008, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by 55User
I'm not suprised a comment about love2skiutah's home was made. Cash is King, nothing is permanent, I've lived in a half-million dollar home for about five years, there have been many times when my three car garage was filled with a selection of cars worth more than my house and I have always recieved grief for that. I live about an hour north of Atlanta, I have my home nearly paid off and I pay by "cash" for everything I buy, I have no car payments, only a few other month to month bills. I live alone and am quite picky on the type of girl I spend my time with, I assume I'll be single into my 40's (I'm trying to play smart here), most of my spare funds that come out of my company go back into it or into a new car or anything else I fancy, but what then is the point in living at your full means? My personal income allows me to indulge in a nicer home than I own, but my home was new construction when I moved in and is a little over 4k square feet, what would be the point in having to move into a more income equivalent home? I enjoy not having the many issues my neighbors talk about and always am tired of the "upper-middle class" white (I'm white) folks' ideas on living with 10Xs the space you need in order to look successful, nothing is forever and we live in a young country, I'm not putting every penny into a 4 million dollar home like I've been told to do so many times, no offense, but this is why there are quite a few members on this board that have usual opinions I don't value, let the guy live in whatever type of home he wants without trying to dig into reasons why his house is only 600K, I prefer to live below my means, you're just like 99% of middle-class Americans if you don't. Credit is what has controlled our country since the 30's, why let it control your life?
Right on. exactly how I have lived my life.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:29 AM

2006 CLK350
seriously, what is this guys problem? they OP had a new car. he wanted to show us his new car. Who cares? he gets to post his pics and we get to look at a great car. We all win.......The problem with you is, you think you're the man. I bet you think other people are jealous you. NO. You're just some guy who comes to the mercedes forum, lists all the cars you own, and prays for admiration. I bet this forum reflects your real-world. No one likes you.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:37 AM

2006 CLK350
I just did a search. I now see this isnt the first post he has ruined.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E550 4MATIC
Originally Posted by NOTA4RE
I have the same problem. Garage full of expensive cars in a great house but it doesn't match the cars. I have a real weakness for cars. It is the only thing I foolishly spend money on. I can not bring myself to sell my house because I built it from nothing 20 years ago with my own hands and around every corner is a memory. The place is actually really nice probably 10X nicer than anything in the area. I have been thinking of getting a bigger place but probably never will. A 3 million dollar house here would be a new S65 in taxes every year and well I would rather throw the money away on a S65. Which brings me to my question. I have been thinking of getting a S65 but concerned about how it might drive in the snow?
It won't drive in the snow. Big wheels with performance tires and all that torque. You'll slide right into a tree. Your profile says you have a Cayenne? Use that in the snow, keep the S65 in the garage.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by pmb600
It won't drive in the snow. Big wheels with performance tires and all that torque. You'll slide right into a tree. Your profile says you have a Cayenne? Use that in the snow, keep the S65 in the garage.

Cayenne is going bye bye.
Old 02-14-2008, 04:13 PM
Almost a Member!

Yeah, that's my problem as well, since I live in the Philly area. I dont think my dad would be happy spending that kinda money to have it sitting in the garage for a good part of the year. Although, we have contemplated moving to South Florida for like 5 years...
Old 02-14-2008, 06:22 PM

14-F Sport, 07-CLS63 2003-HUMMER 2004-Suburban 2008-MAX 2005-YZF R1
Sweet!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-14-2008, 06:49 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by Mathmik
Sweet!!!!!!!!!
Speak for yourself Are you a MontCo person?
Old 02-14-2008, 10:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 4MATIC
Originally Posted by jPoD
Yeah, that's my problem as well, since I live in the Philly area. I dont think my dad would be happy spending that kinda money to have it sitting in the garage for a good part of the year. Although, we have contemplated moving to South Florida for like 5 years...
Yeah I'm really sick of this weather. I can only have one car, but because of where we live I feel uncomfortable getting a RWD car so I'm stuck with only 4Matic models like the C-Class. I really hope the next generation CLK-Class has 4Matic as an option. I think it would be very shortsighted for Mercedes not to offer that since BMW now has the 3-series coupe with AWD and Audi has the A5 with AWD standard.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:17 PM
Almost a Member!

Yeah I'm really sick of this weather. I can only have one car, but because of where we live I feel uncomfortable getting a RWD car so I'm stuck with only 4Matic models like the C-Class. I really hope the next generation CLK-Class has 4Matic as an option. I think it would be very shortsighted for Mercedes not to offer that since BMW now has the 3-series coupe with AWD and Audi has the A5 with AWD standard.
I guess luckily for us, winters aren't as bad as they used to be, but we're still not safe from crappy ice and stuff.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by NOTA4RE
S65 is HORRIBLE in the snow. Let me put it this way. I got stuck in the middle of the road, with 1/4 inch of snow on the ground, facing DOWN HILL. One more thing... You can't get snow tires for the 20 inch wheels that come with the car. You need to put on other rims if you want snow tires.
Old 02-16-2008, 01:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 4MATIC
S65 is HORRIBLE in the snow. Let me put it this way. I got stuck in the middle of the road, with 1/4 inch of snow on the ground, facing DOWN HILL. One more thing... You can't get snow tires for the 20 inch wheels that come with the car. You need to put on other rims if you want snow tires.
Yeah that's about what I expect. I think you have a G or GL also so you're probably good in the snow.

NOTA4RE: Not trying to be judgemental, but if I could afford the S65, I think I would lease/buy a cheap Jeep for the bad weather.
Old 02-16-2008, 03:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2007 S600

-peace

I think I have certainly given my fair share of charity in my business. This past year alone, people stole almost $100,000 of dental services from me. Walked in , got their teeth fixed, ignored the statements when I spend big $$$ to send them through the mail. Theft of services!!! Big losses on me!! So I think I deserve to spend what's leftover of my income on myself.
Damn I wish I was in a business where I could get paid UPFRONT everytime I provide a service. The insurance industry has destroyed the dental profession.
Old 02-16-2008, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by trumpet1
I think I have certainly given my fair share of charity in my business. This past year alone, people stole almost $100,000 of dental services from me. Walked in , got their teeth fixed, ignored the statements when I spend big $$$ to send them through the mail. Theft of services!!! Big losses on me!! So I think I deserve to spend what's leftover of my income on myself.
Damn I wish I was in a business where I could get paid UPFRONT everytime I provide a service. The insurance industry has destroyed the dental profession.
Wow... I'm sorry to hear that about your dental services... I spend a lot of money and time on charities too. Last year, my company did a charity for make-a-wish in Salt Lake and we raised 100's of thousands of dollars sponsoring it. I spend a lot of my money in 3rd world countries and then I try to help out the local elementary schools in my area with supplies, trips, etc... I'm very fortunate to be able to have the privilege of helping these organizations every year. Very satisfying
Old 02-16-2008, 08:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2007 S600
Wow... I'm sorry to hear that about your dental services... I spend a lot of money and time on charities too. Last year, my company did a charity for make-a-wish in Salt Lake and we raised 100's of thousands of dollars sponsoring it. I spend a lot of my money in 3rd world countries and then I try to help out the local elementary schools in my area with supplies, trips, etc... I'm very fortunate to be able to have the privilege of helping these organizations every year. Very satisfying
I admire your generosity. That is truly awesome. God bless you for your hard work and committment to help others.

I guess I just get steamed when the amount I write off could pay off a student loan in one year! I make a good living so I should thank God for that and move on.

We all are very fortunate to be able to have some of the nicer things in life.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pics of my New S65, LOOK!!