S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

Pics of my New S65, LOOK!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 03:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S65 Renntech'd, GL450, Super Charged Range Rover
Pics of my New S65, LOOK!!

I ordered this beast in August and just got it last week....

I also wanted to post pics of my E55, GL450 and my G55.

The picture of the SLR is my partners at my company and I took a picture of it in front of our Gulfstream.

The Last picture is the benz for my 3 year old daughter... Too bad it doesn't come in black.

It's funny, cause my wife and I are are the youngest couple in my neighborhood and I have 4 Black Mercedes, so they all think I'm in the Mafia.

It's been about a week now and I absolutely love the car. There are quite a few things I like and dislike about the car.

Pros:
1. Dynamic Seating has improved from the last generation Mercedes.
2. Massagers in chairs and ten times better than the old ones.
3. Panaramic Roof
4. Lot's of torque
5. Lot's of room
6. Lot's of Horse Power
7. Command System is very easy to get used to
8. "V12-BiTurbo" badging... I get a lot of attention at stoplights from other guys.
9. Voice Control is fabulous
10. Blue Tooth works awesome with my Blackberry
11. The HUGE front brake Callipers...
12. I love how quickly the car stops
13. Handling of the car is absolutely amazing. The car doesn't drive big at all. It's easy to manuver and dart in and out of lanes.
14. I love the automatic sunshades in the rear side windows
15. VERY VERY quiet
16. Very classy and clean on the interior. No confusion on which button does what.
17. Reclining Seats
18. I love that my brakes don't squeak, like on my friends SLR or my E55.
19. Keyless Go is improved. I love how you just touch the handle to lock and unlock the car. On my E55 I have to push a button or pull gently on the handle.
20. Parktronic

Cons:
1. There are not 2 sun visors (Like on my E55). On the E55 I like how I can put my sun visor down, swing it to the side and still have another small one, so I don't have to flip back and forth.
2. No illuminated door sills. It's retarded it didn't come stock. It adds so much class to the car.
3. There needs to be more short cut buttons for the Command System.
4. When I open the sun roof visor, it opens automatically. It doesn't close automatically... I hate that. I also don't like how the back sun roof for the pano-rama is not automatic either. The back sunroof doesn't open or close automatically, so I'm left holding the button down while I'm driving. It's weird to me that all the windows and sunshades in the back and rear go up and down with the push of the button, but the sunroof visor does not close automatically.
5. There is not enough storage compartments. When I drive, I like to have my cell phone, wallet and other small things up front where I can get to them. After I put all my stuff in the cupholders, there is no place to put other things or drinks.
6. The cup holders suck.
7. I wish the engine sounded like a V12, not a V8. To me it doesn't sound amazing.
8. The nightvision is to hard to use. No one in there right mind could possibly drive and look at that thing at the same time. To me it's completely worthless. The only cool thing about it is showing it off to friends and family.
9. On the Multi-button steering wheel, I like to leave the menu on the "Audio" section so that I can browse through my ipod or radio stations. Every time I re-start the car, it's back on the first menu. If you turn the car off and get in it later, it should stay at the menu you left it at.
10. There needs to be a shortcut for radio pre-sets on the dash, not in the computer menus. It's a pain to use the control knob to browse through pre-sets. What's the point of a pre-set radio station if you have to go through a bunch of menus just to get to them?
11. I'm not a big fan of the rear-back up camera... To me, the camera seems like it's pointing down to low. I know it's a good to have it like that to see if there is anything on the ground, but I still wish it was pointing a tiny bit higher.
12. Mercedes famous brake dust.

Last edited by love2skiutah; 12-17-2006 at 12:10 PM.
Old 12-17-2006, 03:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVOTECH Mercedes AMG
Congratulations buddy. Can we see some interior pictures please?
Old 12-17-2006, 08:40 AM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2004 S500
I have to say that is very impressive!! Your car just screams class.

I heard a rumor that Jeff Gordon (who has a home here) has a S65 and took it down to Homestead where his team had the track for a few days to do some testing. Sources have it that Jeff had the crew chief arrange for the ECU to be "massaged" to remove the speed limiter. They proceeded to run some pace laps and found that the S65 was as fast on the top as the NASCAR stockers, used about 2/3s as much fuel, all the while with the A/C and CD playing in the background!!! One of the crew present for this was reported to here Gordon say that "If Mercedes ever decides to get into this...it's over for everybody else".

Beautiful car...thanks for sharing.
Old 12-17-2006, 10:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cee Fiddy Five
I get a lot of attention at stoplights from other guys
This is a pro?

Congrats man. What's the sun roof visor?
Old 12-17-2006, 10:30 AM
Almost a Member!

07 E63 AMG
wow, nice car! I love the S65, great look to them! Enjoy
Old 12-17-2006, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by MercedesFTW
This is a pro?

Congrats man. What's the sun roof visor?
I'm not sure what it's supposed to be called, but before you open the sunroof, there is a "visor" tha you have to open first.
Old 12-17-2006, 11:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AlabasterWhiteSL ObsidianBlackML
great looking fleet of cars you have there, being in the mafia sure seems to proviade a cushy lifestyle ...any how enjoy the new beast
Old 12-17-2006, 11:59 AM
axl

w210 E320K // w221 S550
great cars... and nice airplane by the way

in germany you would never find someone with that kind of sets of car using forums on the intenet...i just find that great... ... sorry i believe all you us guys may not understand what i mean...ill call it difrrence between the two cultures

so BTT

just great cars
Old 12-17-2006, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by axl
great cars... and nice airplane by the way

in germany you would never find someone with that kind of sets of car using forums on the intenet...i just find that great... ... sorry i believe all you us guys may not understand what i mean...ill call it difrrence between the two cultures

so BTT

just great cars
That's seems weird to me....

I'm 27, so I spend a lot of time on the internet for personal and business...
Old 12-17-2006, 12:19 PM

BENZO
house vs cars

Originally Posted by love2skiutah
I ordered this beast in August and just got it last week....

I also wanted to post pics of my E55, GL450 and my G55.

The picture of the SLR is my partners at my company and I took a picture of it in front of our Gulfstream.

The Last picture is the benz for my 3 year old daughter... Too bad it doesn't come in black.

It's funny, cause my wife and I are are the youngest couple in my neighborhood and I have 4 Black Mercedes, so they all think I'm in the Mafia.

It's been about a week now and I absolutely love the car. There are quite a few things I like and dislike about the car.

Pros:
1. Dynamic Seating has improved from the last generation Mercedes.
2. Massagers in chairs and ten times better than the old ones.
3. Panaramic Roof
4. Lot's of torque
5. Lot's of room
6. Lot's of Horse Power
7. Command System is very easy to get used to
8. "V12-BiTurbo" badging... I get a lot of attention at stoplights from other guys.
9. Voice Control is fabulous
10. Blue Tooth works awesome with my Blackberry
11. The HUGE front brake Callipers...
12. I love how quickly the car stops
13. Handling of the car is absolutely amazing. The car doesn't drive big at all. It's easy to manuver and dart in and out of lanes.
14. I love the automatic sunshades in the rear side windows
15. VERY VERY quiet
16. Very classy and clean on the interior. No confusion on which button does what.
17. Reclining Seats
18. I love that my brakes don't squeak, like on my friends SLR or my E55.
19. Keyless Go is improved. I love how you just touch the handle to lock and unlock the car. On my E55 I have to push a button or pull gently on the handle.
20. Parktronic

Cons:
1. There are not 2 sun visors (Like on my E55). On the E55 I like how I can put my sun visor down, swing it to the side and still have another small one, so I don't have to flip back and forth.
2. No illuminated door sills. It's retarded it didn't come stock. It adds so much class to the car.
3. There needs to be more short cut buttons for the Command System.
4. When I open the sun roof visor, it opens automatically. It doesn't close automatically... I hate that. I also don't like how the back sun roof for the pano-rama is not automatic either. The back sunroof doesn't open or close automatically, so I'm left holding the button down while I'm driving. It's weird to me that all the windows and sunshades in the back and rear go up and down with the push of the button, but the sunroof visor does not close automatically.
5. There is not enough storage compartments. When I drive, I like to have my cell phone, wallet and other small things up front where I can get to them. After I put all my stuff in the cupholders, there is no place to put other things or drinks.
6. The cup holders suck.
7. I wish the engine sounded like a V12, not a V8. To me it doesn't sound amazing.
8. The nightvision is to hard to use. No one in there right mind could possibly drive and look at that thing at the same time. To me it's completely worthless. The only cool thing about it is showing it off to friends and family.
9. On the Multi-button steering wheel, I like to leave the menu on the "Audio" section so that I can browse through my ipod or radio stations. Every time I re-start the car, it's back on the first menu. If you turn the car off and get in it later, it should stay at the menu you left it at.
10. There needs to be a shortcut for radio pre-sets on the dash, not in the computer menus. It's a pain to use the control knob to browse through pre-sets. What's the point of a pre-set radio station if you have to go through a bunch of menus just to get to them?
11. I'm not a big fan of the rear-back up camera... To me, the camera seems like it's pointing down to low. I know it's a good to have it like that to see if there is anything on the ground, but I still wish it was pointing a tiny bit higher.
12. Mercedes famous brake dust.

NiCE stuff but 400k worth of cars and a xx million dollar plane and you leave in a very basic neighborhod? That type of cash warrants a house in the 3-4 million range, NO? anyhow nice cars though.
Old 12-17-2006, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Pacific NW Guy
NiCE stuff but 400k worth of cars and a xx million dollar plane and you leave in a very basic neighborhod? That type of cash warrants a house in the 3-4 million range, NO? anyhow nice cars though.

LOL!! I know...

I've been looking for a house for the last year and a half...

I am planning on spending between 3 and 3.5 million.. that gets a lot of house in Salt Lake City.

I want my next move to be my LAST and FINAL move, so my thought was if I'm going to spend that kind of money on a home it has to be perfect in every aspect. So I wanted to take my time and look carefully...I've looked at a dozen homes in the last 12 months, but there is something always I don't like about them. Like I said, if I'm going to spend that kind of money on a home it has to be perfect.

Originally, when I bought the house I wanted to be the kid that had money, but was conservative and low key...That's why I bought the house in the first place. I didn't want people to know I had money, so I decided to buy a 600K house (Which is still a lot in Salt Lake), but my weakness is cars. I've bought and sold 12 luxury cars in the last 16 months. I've owned other Benz's, BMW's and Lexus's... I can't resist when it comes to cars...

My problem now is that I look like a dork with 400K worth of cars in the driveway and a 600K house, so that's when my wife and I decided to move..

Last edited by love2skiutah; 12-17-2006 at 01:40 PM.
Old 12-17-2006, 01:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Its big and Grey!
You guys looking for a new Partner?
Old 12-17-2006, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by KosherBenz
You guys looking for a new Partner?
Sorry... not right now.

Sometimes our company partners with other developers who want to do a joint venture.

We do lots of real estate developing and sell off our properties to Real Estate Investors and make them money, so that they will keep buying from us.

You can go to my profile to see my company website.
Old 12-17-2006, 01:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Its big and Grey!
<--- MD real estate agent

www.ECohenRealEstate.com
Old 12-17-2006, 02:13 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55
Fabulous collection of cars there. Congratulations.

I knew it, I knew it, I should have gone into real estate instead of the army. Oh well, maybe in the next life.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Its big and Grey!
<--- 10 years in the Navy. Got out last Sept.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:22 PM

SL550
I've been looking for a house for the last year and a half...

I am planning on spending between 3 and 3.5 million.. that gets a lot of house in Salt Lake City.

I want my next move to be my LAST and FINAL move, so my thought was if I'm going to spend that kind of money on a home it has to be perfect in every aspect. So I wanted to take my time and look carefully...I've looked at a dozen homes in the last 12 months, but there is something always I don't like about them. Like I said, if I'm going to spend that kind of money on a home it has to be perfect.

Sounds like you need to custom-build a home exactly the way you want it. Then again, most people that build would still make changes to it after it's completed if given the opportunity.

Fantastic fleet, though if I were you, I'd swap the E55 for an SL now that you have the S65. Though I wouldn't be surprised if an SL was among the dozen cars you've recently had...

I'm also in real estate...residential sales and some renovating/flipping when I can find the spare time.

Enjoy that beautiful S-Class!
Old 12-17-2006, 02:30 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
2019 E63s AMG Sedan, 2021 Range Rover Autobiography "50", 2023 Bentley GTC Speed
That's seems weird to me....

I'm 27, so I spend a lot of time on the internet for personal and business...
love2, you have a PM
Old 12-17-2006, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by bm75204
Sounds like you need to custom-build a home exactly the way you want it. Then again, most people that build would still make changes to it after it's completed if given the opportunity.

Fantastic fleet, though if I were you, I'd swap the E55 for an SL now that you have the S65. Though I wouldn't be surprised if an SL was among the dozen cars you've recently had...

I'm also in real estate...residential sales and some renovating/flipping when I can find the spare time.

Enjoy that beautiful S-Class!

I built a house already... I can't deal with the wife and all the decisions. I WON'T go through that again..
Old 12-17-2006, 04:16 PM

SL550
I built a house already... I can't deal with the wife and all the decisions. I WON'T go through that again..
Can't say I blame you! I'm single and have nearly finished with renovations on my new house, and I can only imagine having to negotiate every decision with someone else. It was hard enough to decide everything on my own!
Old 12-18-2006, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by sprink49
I have to say that is very impressive!! Your car just screams class.

I heard a rumor that Jeff Gordon (who has a home here) has a S65 and took it down to Homestead where his team had the track for a few days to do some testing. Sources have it that Jeff had the crew chief arrange for the ECU to be "massaged" to remove the speed limiter. They proceeded to run some pace laps and found that the S65 was as fast on the top as the NASCAR stockers, used about 2/3s as much fuel, all the while with the A/C and CD playing in the background!!! One of the crew present for this was reported to here Gordon say that "If Mercedes ever decides to get into this...it's over for everybody else".

Beautiful car...thanks for sharing.

Where did you hear that? I can't find anything about Jeff Gordon owning one on the internet.... I would love to see an article or something about it.
Old 12-18-2006, 08:40 PM

Received 25 Likes on 7 Posts
S580, GTC, GL550, NEW S550, S63 (Sold), S550 (Sold), ML350, C230
Cons-
4. I think this programmable by the dealer. In fact, there are slew of behaviors that are dealer programable.
5. I took the cup holder(s) out and keep it in the trunk. The compartment is nice for my Treo and wallet.
7. The S65 does sound pretty amazing!!! However, you can't tell from inside the car. Trust me, it sounds amazing when you are behind it.
Old 12-18-2006, 08:52 PM

06 CLS55 AMG & 08 CL65 Mystic White
Talking

Very nice rides, congrats on being very successful at an early age! I know how it feels to have the neighbors looking at you weird b/c your in your twenties and already own nice things.
Old 12-18-2006, 08:56 PM

Are you guys hiring right now? Can i shine your shoes or something??
Old 12-18-2006, 09:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 C32 ///AMG
nice!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pics of my New S65, LOOK!!