S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

Pics of my New S65, LOOK!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 09:53 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rlee02135
nice!
Nice rides!!
good look on your house search....I used to think you're never satisfied until you built your home but evidently not...lol...
Old 12-18-2006, 10:00 PM

What a fantastic car! (And cute kid!)

Enjoy.
Old 12-18-2006, 10:07 PM

2000 S-Class
Congrats on your prosperity and taste in rides!!!
Old 12-18-2006, 11:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 305 Likes on 224 Posts
'19 E63S sedan
On the sound, don't forget that turbochargers are effective mufflers. I assure you that it doesn't sound like an 8. My neighbor says the sound reminds him of Mark Donohue in a Porsche 917-10 (the turbocharged V12 that owned the CanAm in the early '70s). I can live with that.

The sound of the car starting is also addictive. I routinely leave my door open when firing him up to listen to the whine of the gear-reduction starter followed by the resonant bellow of ignition. These are great sounds.
Old 12-18-2006, 11:39 PM

S65 Renntech'd, GL450, Super Charged Range Rover
Originally Posted by whoover
On the sound, don't forget that turbochargers are effective mufflers. I assure you that it doesn't sound like an 8. My neighbor says the sound reminds him of Mark Donohue in a Porsche 917-10 (the turbocharged V12 that owned the CanAm in the early '70s). I can live with that.

The sound of the car starting is also addictive. I routinely leave my door open when firing him up to listen to the whine of the gear-reduction starter followed by the resonant bellow of ignition. These are great sounds.
I agree... When I first fire the car up in the morning it sounds nice, but after it warms up, it's not as loud.
Old 12-18-2006, 11:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E550 4MATIC
Originally Posted by whoover
haha I thought I was the only one that does that when i start a nice car. I even do it sometimes on my car, and its only a small V6, but Mercedes engins all sound good when they start. I got to hear the SL65 AMG start at the dealership, needless to say I feel in love with the sound. If you were ever bored and wanted to make a small video of your car starting I know I would appreciate it, as I'm sure others would.
Old 12-19-2006, 12:00 AM

SL550
'Reelestates' --- What color blue is your car? Special order? MBusa.com only shows Capri, but yours looks more like Porsche's "Lapis Blue". Gorgeous color.
Old 12-19-2006, 12:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
my god that S65 is beautiful
Old 12-19-2006, 12:56 AM

My wife thinks that I like the car better than her....

I have no idea why she would think that.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:23 AM

2007 SL550, 2008 S65, Golf cart and a few non-MB vehicles
Originally Posted by love2skiutah
I built a house already... I can't deal with the wife and all the decisions. I WON'T go through that again..

A custom home is truly the route to choose but the obstacles you encounter along the way does take it's toll.
My current home is my 3rd custom home and like the previous ones I kept telling myself never again
Old 12-19-2006, 01:01 PM
ON PROBATION

Consider moving to So Calif.?
I have a home I am going to be selling for that was built custom for car collector.
7 car garage (will fit 9 cars), hydraulic car lift, 6500 square feet living area, 1 acre lot, pool, tennis, spa, car lift, 2 bedroom 1500 square foot maids apartment, built in 1995....

Pics of my New S65, LOOK!!-dad-s-071.jpg
Old 12-19-2006, 01:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Originally Posted by BUTCHEN
Consider moving to So Calif.?
I have a home I am going to be selling for that was built custom for car collector.
7 car garage (will fit 9 cars), hydraulic car lift, 6500 square feet living area, 1 acre lot, pool, tennis, spa, car lift, 2 bedroom 1500 square foot maids apartment, built in 1995....
Who took that picture?
Old 12-19-2006, 01:28 PM
ON PROBATION

I did. I have many more...AWESOME property!

Pics of my New S65, LOOK!!-dad-s-077.jpg
Old 12-25-2006, 04:25 AM

2012 MERCEDES CLS63 AMG
woah those are some sick rides you got man, what do you do for a living?
Old 12-25-2006, 08:43 AM

An Affalterbach Beast & Others
I'm not suprised a comment about love2skiutah's home was made. Cash is King, nothing is permanent, I've lived in a half-million dollar home for about five years, there have been many times when my three car garage was filled with a selection of cars worth more than my house and I have always recieved grief for that. I live about an hour north of Atlanta, I have my home nearly paid off and I pay by "cash" for everything I buy, I have no car payments, only a few other month to month bills. I live alone and am quite picky on the type of girl I spend my time with, I assume I'll be single into my 40's (I'm trying to play smart here), most of my spare funds that come out of my company go back into it or into a new car or anything else I fancy, but what then is the point in living at your full means? My personal income allows me to indulge in a nicer home than I own, but my home was new construction when I moved in and is a little over 4k square feet, what would be the point in having to move into a more income equivalent home? I enjoy not having the many issues my neighbors talk about and always am tired of the "upper-middle class" white (I'm white) folks' ideas on living with 10Xs the space you need in order to look successful, nothing is forever and we live in a young country, I'm not putting every penny into a 4 million dollar home like I've been told to do so many times, no offense, but this is why there are quite a few members on this board that have usual opinions I don't value, let the guy live in whatever type of home he wants without trying to dig into reasons why his house is only 600K, I prefer to live below my means, you're just like 99% of middle-class Americans if you don't. Credit is what has controlled our country since the 30's, why let it control your life?
Old 12-25-2006, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by 55User
I'm not suprised a comment about love2skiutah's home was made. Cash is King, nothing is permanent, I've lived in a half-million dollar home for about five years, there have been many times when my three car garage was filled with a selection of cars worth more than my house and I have always recieved grief for that. I live about an hour north of Atlanta, I have my home nearly paid off and I pay by "cash" for everything I buy, I have no car payments, only a few other month to month bills. I live alone and am quite picky on the type of girl I spend my time with, I assume I'll be single into my 40's (I'm trying to play smart here), most of my spare funds that come out of my company go back into it or into a new car or anything else I fancy, but what then is the point in living at your full means? My personal income allows me to indulge in a nicer home than I own, but my home was new construction when I moved in and is a little over 4k square feet, what would be the point in having to move into a more income equivalent home? I enjoy not having the many issues my neighbors talk about and always am tired of the "upper-middle class" white (I'm white) folks' ideas on living with 10Xs the space you need in order to look successful, nothing is forever and we live in a young country, I'm not putting every penny into a 4 million dollar home like I've been told to do so many times, no offense, but this is why there are quite a few members on this board that have usual opinions I don't value, let the guy live in whatever type of home he wants without trying to dig into reasons why his house is only 600K, I prefer to live below my means, you're just like 99% of middle-class Americans if you don't. Credit is what has controlled our country since the 30's, why let it control your life?

Thanks, I appreciate the comment!
Old 12-25-2006, 01:20 PM
asg

2007 S600
Originally Posted by 55User
Well Said!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-25-2006, 02:02 PM
ON PROBATION

a few more shots..this is what a REAL car collector needs!
Would look good filled with nice Benz's as well....

[ATTACH][ATTACH]Pics of my New S65, LOOK!!-dad-s-020.jpg[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Pics of my New S65, LOOK!!-dad-s-067.jpg   Pics of my New S65, LOOK!!-dad-s-016.jpg  
Old 12-25-2006, 03:27 PM
Almost a Member!

Work in Progress
Originally Posted by BUTCHEN
a few more shots..this is what a REAL car collector needs!
Would look good filled with nice Benz's as well....
Beautiful house! May I ask...what part of SoCal do you live?
Old 12-25-2006, 04:43 PM

'03 S55 AMG, '01 CLK55 AMG
Good lord, what a totally disgusting display of wealth. One day I hope that I too will be able to slum it out in a $600K house. Oh the agony of it all to be lower "middle class". LOL
Old 12-25-2006, 06:25 PM

Cayenne Turbo
Really amazing cars, congrats... but...

Am I right that you have snow there, but you have summer tyres on all of your cars???

))))
Old 12-25-2006, 08:03 PM

nice cars man...congrats on ur success. im so jealous.

money makes money...
Old 12-25-2006, 10:45 PM
ON PROBATION

Yes, San Juan Capistrano. (75 degrees there today!)
I am looking for a car collector to have this beautiful home. It has a three car attached garage as well (not pictured).
Help me spread the word, house will go on the market in Spring, if not sold sooner by word of mouth.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL AND HAPPY NEW YEAR 2007!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by BUTCHEN; 12-25-2006 at 10:49 PM.
Old 12-25-2006, 10:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 140 Likes on 107 Posts
ML350
You should be happy with yourself no matter what the value of your superficial house is. Of course life is short and you should enjoy life. If you enjoy your life in a mutlimillion dollar home, then go for it. If you would prefer to spend all that money travelling and filling your life with moments, i think that would be alot more fun. I dont think some people will ever get it and i feel sorry that they only find happiness in those types of things.....comparing to others is superficial. The music videos where there is alot of "flow" isnt reality. Auditioning for MTV Cribs is not reality either.

Id rather spend $1 million+ on a small condo with a view of the ocean and sunrise/sunset than the same amount of money for a huge house.

T
Old 12-26-2006, 01:42 AM
ON PROBATION

Well,
you can find a home that does it for you for any price. A real car enthuesheiset will appreciate a home that has the ability to display the collection, right?
You do not live in your front seat do you?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pics of my New S65, LOOK!!