S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

Pics of my New S65, LOOK!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2006, 01:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by BUTCHEN
Well,
you can find a home that does it for you for any price. A real car enthuesheiset will appreciate a home that has the ability to display the collection, right?
Your house is beautiful! I can certainly appreciate it!

...too bad I'm broke. Care to write me in your will?
Old 12-26-2006, 01:55 AM
ON PROBATION

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you own and appreciate a nice Benz, you will own a home like this..I assure you.
It is the strive for perfection that motivates all of us!
Old 12-26-2006, 03:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Wow nice house and awesome cars.

Who needs a big house? Minimal living space and a 10 car garage would do nicely.
Old 12-26-2006, 07:06 AM
CY
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL/M6
Nice S65, but you really need some sort of sports car, coupe or roadster; SL65, DB9, Bentley GT, Gallardo... maybe the new CL63??? I'm 26 and tend to like a sporty feel but maybe you just need extra room all the time or maybe you are 6'10 or something...lol? Anyway I also have a SUV, but like the SL as my everyday driver....I will trade you for your S if you want though.

Last edited by CY; 12-26-2006 at 07:08 AM.
Old 12-26-2006, 08:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 140 Likes on 107 Posts
ML350
Well,
you can find a home that does it for you for any price. A real car enthuesheiset will appreciate a home that has the ability to display the collection, right?
You do not live in your front seat do you?
Still trying to make that sale i see. Good luck with that.

T
Old 12-26-2006, 09:17 AM

S65 Renntech'd, GL450, Super Charged Range Rover
Originally Posted by stefi
Really amazing cars, congrats... but...

Am I right that you have snow there, but you have summer tyres on all of your cars???

))))
Yeah, I do have summer tires on all the cars. I just boutht a 4 door Toyota Tacoma for driving in the winter. We get snow here, but not a lot. I drive the Tacoma about 3 times a month to work. The rest of the time it snows in the mountains.
Old 12-26-2006, 02:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1989 Toyota Tercel EZ - dyno'd @ 70whp/77wtq
Man... I always envy people who spend $$$ without thinking twice. Let alone, under 30.

I wonder how much you're making a year.... seven figures constantly?

I just feel mid 6-figure income is still not enough to spend money like you do.... Heck, I only have <$100K worth of cars although I consider myself as a car lover If 7 figures, that's a different story... at least from what I could see right now, additional $500K+ of course helps a lot

Is it just me or people do spend significant portion of their income on cars? Or is real-estate business that good?
Old 12-26-2006, 02:46 PM

2006 cls55 amg 2008 GL550 2011 audi R8 V10
well there are many ways of looking at it, but my father and mother are imigrants from romania (82/72 yrs old). They worked hard their entire life and amassed a personal fortune of over 60 million dollars. They live in a "modest" $750k dollar home in chicago that cost my dad $100k to build 40 years ago.
They don't drive expensive cars or have multiple home/planes etc... now my mom is dying of cancer and I can not understand why they never took advantage of their postion in life to "enjoy" what ever they wanted to with that wealth.
Like they other guy said "life is short". You don't want to be a fool but you can't take it with you either. I guess my brother and myself will benifit at some point from this, but the real tragidy is the goverment will be the ones that REALLY benifit form their hard work!!!
botton line is whats the point of making/having money if you don't do the things you enjoy with it, what ever those 'things may be- travel/homes/cars/planes/charity....
-moldy
Old 12-26-2006, 02:47 PM

btw- my family made their living in real estate as well
Old 12-26-2006, 03:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E550 4MATIC
Originally Posted by moldowan
well there are many ways of looking at it, but my father and mother are imigrants from romania (82/72 yrs old). They worked hard their entire life and amassed a personal fortune of over 60 million dollars. They live in a "modest" $750k dollar home in chicago that cost my dad $100k to build 40 years ago.
They don't drive expensive cars or have multiple home/planes etc... now my mom is dying of cancer and I can not understand why they never took advantage of their postion in life to "enjoy" what ever they wanted to with that wealth.
Like they other guy said "life is short". You don't want to be a fool but you can't take it with you either. I guess my brother and myself will benifit at some point from this, but the real tragidy is the goverment will be the ones that REALLY benifit form their hard work!!!
botton line is whats the point of making/having money if you don't do the things you enjoy with it, what ever those 'things may be- travel/homes/cars/planes/charity....
-moldy
How is a house that cost $100K in 1964 only worth $750K now? My grandfather always tells us how his house only cost $9,000 to built sometime around 1960 and today would sell for probably in the $600K range.
Old 12-26-2006, 03:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1989 Toyota Tercel EZ - dyno'd @ 70whp/77wtq
Yeah... I've heard that a lot... but not knowing how many kids I will have (no kids yet so far...) I don't know how much college funds should be set aside, so I'm always hesitant in spending money, except for charity, as I don't want to jeopardize my kids' future. Prior to marriage, I was different... I spent on cars like maniac

Put it this way... if your parents spent like crazy from the very beginning, I doubt they would be able to pass you $60MM fortune.... Put it more extreme, if they became broke b/c they spent too much, wouldn't you have felt differently? I guess my thinking process (at least for now) is the same as your parents'.

Sorry OP.... this is completely OOT. No intention of hijacking your thread
Old 12-26-2006, 06:47 PM
ON PROBATION

Originally Posted by Doctodd33
Still trying to make that sale i see. Good luck with that.

T
I will not have to try hard at all...I think this home will sell very quickly. It will be priced under 3 million, which is a great deal for So Cal... all the comp's are 2.8-4.5 million.
Old 12-26-2006, 07:23 PM

BENZO
dude chill

Originally Posted by 55User
I'm not suprised a comment about love2skiutah's home was made. Cash is King, nothing is permanent, I've lived in a half-million dollar home for about five years, there have been many times when my three car garage was filled with a selection of cars worth more than my house and I have always recieved grief for that. I live about an hour north of Atlanta, I have my home nearly paid off and I pay by "cash" for everything I buy, I have no car payments, only a few other month to month bills. I live alone and am quite picky on the type of girl I spend my time with, I assume I'll be single into my 40's (I'm trying to play smart here), most of my spare funds that come out of my company go back into it or into a new car or anything else I fancy, but what then is the point in living at your full means? My personal income allows me to indulge in a nicer home than I own, but my home was new construction when I moved in and is a little over 4k square feet, what would be the point in having to move into a more income equivalent home? I enjoy not having the many issues my neighbors talk about and always am tired of the "upper-middle class" white (I'm white) folks' ideas on living with 10Xs the space you need in order to look successful, nothing is forever and we live in a young country, I'm not putting every penny into a 4 million dollar home like I've been told to do so many times, no offense, but this is why there are quite a few members on this board that have usual opinions I don't value, let the guy live in whatever type of home he wants without trying to dig into reasons why his house is only 600K, I prefer to live below my means, you're just like 99% of middle-class Americans if you don't. Credit is what has controlled our country since the 30's, why let it control your life?
if you are telling us about 400k worth of cars and a jet lets be honest you are bragging to some extent so the question begged to be asked. I see no problem with where you place your values, if it is cars over homes fine, bad investment adivce that I can prove easily, but your opinion none the less. I guess your point is you pay cash for everything and have nothing vested in long term tangible goods so you lose money year over year? Hopefully your business is nothing based in wealth management..........unless you cater to BIG BALLERS then buying PHAT chains and cars and living in an apartment will take you FAR!!

Additionally this guy said he makes his money in REAL ESTATE!!!!

Last edited by Pacific NW Guy; 12-26-2006 at 08:24 PM.
Old 12-26-2006, 07:28 PM

BENZO
Depreciation

Originally Posted by pmb600
How is a house that cost $100K in 1964 only worth $750K now? My grandfather always tells us how his house only cost $9,000 to built sometime around 1960 and today would sell for probably in the $600K range.
He should have said his parent's house depreciated to 750k over the past 42 years....talk about a poor return on an investment!

Last edited by Pacific NW Guy; 12-26-2006 at 07:30 PM.
Old 12-26-2006, 07:54 PM

2003 CL55 Kompressor Horizon Blue Metallic
Originally Posted by whoover
On the sound, don't forget that turbochargers are effective mufflers. I assure you that it doesn't sound like an 8. My neighbor says the sound reminds him of Mark Donohue in a Porsche 917-10 (the turbocharged V12 that owned the CanAm in the early '70s). I can live with that.

The sound of the car starting is also addictive. I routinely leave my door open when firing him up to listen to the whine of the gear-reduction starter followed by the resonant bellow of ignition. These are great sounds.
Darn it !!! Why did you have to mention Donohue? When I was a little dude, my Dad got me snuck up close enough to the 917-30KL when it was at it's final Can Am race (Redman driving) at Mid-Ohio in '74 that I actually touched the car. I remember Donohue laughed, a bunch of guys speaking Deutsche didn't find it funny.

I had gotten the whole "upsize" from a CL55 to a CL65 out of my system ... now I know I have to get a CL65.

Last edited by mclarenm8d; 12-26-2006 at 07:59 PM.
Old 12-26-2006, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by zoink
Man... I always envy people who spend $$$ without thinking twice. Let alone, under 30.

I wonder how much you're making a year.... seven figures constantly?

I just feel mid 6-figure income is still not enough to spend money like you do.... Heck, I only have <$100K worth of cars although I consider myself as a car lover If 7 figures, that's a different story... at least from what I could see right now, additional $500K+ of course helps a lot

Is it just me or people do spend significant portion of their income on cars? Or is real-estate business that good?

Knowing the cost to run a G300 a month, I don't think I would have spent 10 million bucks on a plane if my income wasn't substantial and secure. Also, do you think a bank would have loaned me money on a plane if I didn't have strong financials?

Maybe I'll post my financials.... (This is a joke)

Last edited by love2skiutah; 12-27-2006 at 03:04 PM.
Old 12-26-2006, 10:11 PM

2007 SL550, 2008 S65, Golf cart and a few non-MB vehicles
Originally Posted by love2skiutah
I don't think I would have spent 10 million bucks on a plane if my income wasn't substantial and secure. Also, do you think a bank would have loaned me money on a plane if I didn't have strong financials?

Maybe I'll post my financials.
Doesn't the plane also belong to your business partner?

Last edited by meegle; 12-26-2006 at 10:22 PM.
Old 12-26-2006, 10:19 PM

2007 SL550, 2008 S65, Golf cart and a few non-MB vehicles
Originally Posted by Pacific NW Guy
He should have said his parent's house depreciated to 750k over the past 42 years....talk about a poor return on an investment!

All this from someone who made a fortune in real estate
Old 12-26-2006, 11:19 PM

W209 CLK63 AMG Vert
Knowing the cost to run a G300 a month, I don't think I would have spent 10 million bucks on a plane if my income wasn't substantial and secure. Also, do you think a bank would have loaned me money on a plane if I didn't have strong financials?

I hope you were joking about posting your financials.

I live in Sandy. I'd love to swing by and see your S65 some time! Do you live in the South Mountain area?

My good friends own Neils Fugal and sons in Pleasant Grove...that's the only experience with a private jet that I've ever had (flying to Vegas and back several times in their new CJ3).

If you have anything interesting investment wise, shoot me an email to bradishot@gmail.com...I'd love to hear about it! I'm always looking at large scale investments with nice ROI's...
Old 12-27-2006, 12:52 AM
ON PROBATION

Do you think that your "financials" should be part of this forum? It seems that you require a lot of attention from others. Is that the case?
I have always witnessed that true wealth never brags, as it does not need to.

You should take a much more modest approach about yourself, hence you might have more "real" friends and not just groupies or the kind that "when the money is gone so are they". Just some good advise thats all...
Have a great New Years!
Old 12-27-2006, 01:15 AM

Do you think that your "financials" should be part of this forum? It seems that you require a lot of attention from others. Is that the case?

You should take a much more modest approach about yourself, hence you might have more "real" friends and not just groupies or the kind that "when the money is gone so are they". Just some good advise thats all...
Have a great New Years!
OMG

I WAS KIDDING.
Old 12-27-2006, 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by bradb1us
I hope you were joking about posting your financials.

I live in Sandy. I'd love to swing by and see your S65 some time! Do you live in the South Mountain area?

My good friends own Neils Fugal and sons in Pleasant Grove...that's the only experience with a private jet that I've ever had (flying to Vegas and back several times in their new CJ3).

If you have anything interesting investment wise, shoot me an email to bradishot@gmail.com...I'd love to hear about it! I'm always looking at large scale investments with nice ROI's...
I'm up in Centerville. I'll meet you sometime if you want.
Old 12-27-2006, 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by Pacific NW Guy
well actually your right, but it all depends on the area. My grandmother bought a little house on Long Lake in saxeville wisconsin. it cost her 15k in 1964 and now its worth over 400K
My folks house was expensive to build because of what my father did when he built it in 1969. he put in all paster walls/ceilings instead of dryboard, hand cut and laid marble floors from a guy he flew in from italy, and other things as well.
the neighborhood did not appreciate like neighborhood around them in the northside of chicago suburbs ( lake forest/highland park, etc..) and his house was way above the "norm" for the neighborhood so "comps "never helped his value in appreciation.
now they build 2 million dollar homes on the lots which they tear down the old homes on in their neighborhood.
and 2 mill in the chicago north suburbs isn't really anything to croon over-LOL
Old 12-27-2006, 03:05 AM

This thread was funny, then when you said you were thinking about posting your financials I busted out laughing.
Old 12-27-2006, 10:24 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Have a great New Years!
You sell houses now? Just asking. Nice property "you" have there.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pics of my New S65, LOOK!!