S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

Got my New 07 S65 today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2007 | 04:30 PM

19 Ferrari 488 Spyder, 19 911 Speedster, 19 Merc s63cab, 17 P Cayenne turbo, 16 Boxster Spyder,
I must be getting old - that car gives me wood...
Old 01-07-2007 | 04:36 PM

2008 S65 Flint Grey/Black. Wife's car: 1/5/10 2010 E550 Palladium Silver/Natural Beige Leather P2 +
Beshoff is still maturing as a company. I think if you are an experience car buyer and know what you want from any department they are there to please. I have never been disappointed with Service/Parts. In sales, I know what I want and I know what I will pay. The fact that they let me swap two cars in 24 hours gives you an idea how well they are willing to work with you. Of course, they did have a customer waiting for the Green car so that made it happen smoothly. I am so glad I got the Flint. I would have hated the color by Monday.

Again, you may need to be patient at times. I would never buy another car from Smythe. They are old school and they just don't seem like they care. JMHO.

BTW owning the Fcar is a pain. I love it but you just can't take it anywhere and people act like idiots on and off the road. I don't how many times I have been asked... How much? What do you do? Many more but you get the idea. However, Fcar people are the best. It is a fellowship of extraordinary down to earth people. You think they all work at Wal-Mart. Even they did you wouldn't here about it because all we talk about are the cars, the experience and the fun. The sound is the most intoxicating exhaust note you will ever here short of an F1 car screaming by at 200 MPH
Old 01-07-2007 | 04:39 PM

S65 Renntech'd, GL450, Super Charged Range Rover
Hey, can you pm about your 430? I almost bought one the other day but didn't do it...

Give me your pros and cons..

Thanks
Old 01-07-2007 | 04:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by love2skiutah
Hey, can you pm about your 430? I almost bought one the other day but didn't do it...

Give me your pros and cons..

Thanks
no pms post it up right here. i cant afford one but i like to see and hear about them.
Old 01-07-2007 | 04:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63S coupe, X5M
Originally Posted by Autobahn-Maniac
Well it's me again. Just got back from the dealer and swapped the Green/Beige for the Flint Grey/Black. After owning the Green car for 22 hours 32 minutes and 18 seconds, I feel the Flint will make satisify me long term.

PICs tomorrow...again.
I'm glad you made that change, I really wasn't feeling the green.
Old 01-07-2007 | 04:52 PM

2000 S-Class
[QUOTE=Autobahn-Maniac;1922525]Beshoff is still maturing as a company. I think if you are an experience car buyer and know what you want from any department they are there to please. I have never been disappointed with Service/Parts. In sales, I know what I want and I know what I will pay. The fact that they let me swap two cars in 24 hours gives you an idea how well they are willing to work with you. Of course, they did have a customer waiting for the Green car so that made it happen smoothly. I am so glad I got the Flint. I would have hated the color by Monday.

Again, you may need to be patient at times. I would never buy another car from Smythe. They are old school and they just don't seem like they care. JMHO.

BTW owning the Fcar is a pain. I love it but you just can't take it anywhere and people act like idiots on and off the road. I don't how many times I have been asked... How much? What do you do? Many more but you get the idea. However, Fcar people are the best. It is a fellowship of extraordinary down to earth people. You think they all work at Wal-Mart. Even they did you wouldn't here about it because all we talk about are the cars, the experience and the fun. The sound is the most intoxicating exhaust note you will ever here short of an F1 car screaming by at 200 MPH [/QUOTE

Fantastic taste in Rides! We should do a photoshoot sometime! I live near Silver Creek Valley/Evergreen Area as well!
Old 01-07-2007 | 04:55 PM

Beshoff is still maturing as a company. I think if you are an experience car buyer and know what you want from any department they are there to please. I have never been disappointed with Service/Parts. In sales, I know what I want and I know what I will pay. The fact that they let me swap two cars in 24 hours gives you an idea how well they are willing to work with you. Of course, they did have a customer waiting for the Green car so that made it happen smoothly. I am so glad I got the Flint. I would have hated the color by Monday.

BTW owning the Fcar is a pain. I love it but you just can't take it anywhere and people act like idiots on and off the road. I don't how many times I have been asked... How much? What do you do? Many more but you get the idea. However, Fcar people are the best. It is a fellowship of extraordinary down to earth people. You think they all work at Wal-Mart. Even they did you wouldn't here about it because all we talk about are the cars, the experience and the fun. The sound is the most intoxicating exhaust note you will ever here short of an F1 car screaming by at 200 MPH
I agree with you. Smythe was really kind of rude to us when we were looking for our car. Beshoff was very respectiful, and they were responsive. Btw, did I see you at the dealer on the 6th?
Old 01-07-2007 | 04:58 PM

BMW 535 Sport
Cool Green or Grey?

Mods included in the S65. Not much needed in this ROCKET on wheels. People are going either love or hate the GREEN. But that's the color of the stuff I need to get what I get in life... so what the hell. Silver and Black are great but just too common.

I had an S550 while I was waiting on this to come in. It aarived at the dealer on 1/2/07. Flew in today and went directly to the dealer. Five other people wanted to buy it even though it had a sold sign on it. When I got there they had ropes around it in the showroom because too many people were touching it I guess. No biggy. That the SF Bay Area for ya. One sales person even told a customer to come just in case my plane crashed.
Congratulations Autobahn-Maniac!

The Green Metallic ("Periklas grun" in Europe) is stunning in combo with the Savannah beige interior. I would have chosen it over Flint Grey/Black. Flint Grey only does it for me in combo with the Sahara beige interior (Europe only).

However, I do understand the "boredom/re-sale argument".

Either way you got a great car!!
Enjoy!!!
Old 01-07-2007 | 08:58 PM

2008 S65 Flint Grey/Black. Wife's car: 1/5/10 2010 E550 Palladium Silver/Natural Beige Leather P2 +
Pro and Cons of F430

Pros:
1. Best V8 Ferrari ever made
2. F1 tranny is unbelievable - Best in Class
3. Handles like no other
4. 8500 redline...enough said
5. Can drive as a daily driver if you want
6. It's a Ferrari!! #1 Marquee name in the auto world

Cons:

None that I have come up with. The car has never given me a problem. The only concern/issue is that FoSV is not a proven dealership in the service area and they have had a lot of turn over in the short time they have been in business.

Oh yeah I have gotten 3 speeding tickets in it. The fastest I was doing was 85. I have done 175 on Hwy 85 but was not caught. The car is a magnet for COPS. With or Without radar. The car is now stored at Laguna Seca and I only track it now. Cannot afford another ticket or my license is history. In addition, why drive it around town when you cannot do the drive justice. The S65 was my answer to having a fast comfortable sleeper car. Most people think it's just a big clunky MB sedan. I like that.
Old 01-07-2007 | 10:10 PM
CY
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL/M6
you *******.....sorry....what I meant to say was, I love the new Flint Gray S65...and NEED the F430....yes NEED!!!!
Old 01-07-2007 | 10:36 PM
Out Of Control!!

2005 E55
Great pair of cars. I liked the green, but I have to agree that the flint is a better choice. How did you come out in the option department? Still have all that you had in the green one?
Old 01-07-2007 | 10:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cee Fiddy Five
Does the clock really have an Ingenieur movement? Or is it just a face with the logo on it?

Do the 600's come with a fancy clock too?

Also flint looks awesome too!
Old 01-07-2007 | 11:05 PM

The Flint has the same options as the Green car plus the iPod integration..., which is nice. I can now hijack my daughter's iPod. Off course, I'll need to surgically remove the ears pods from her head first.
Old 01-07-2007 | 11:21 PM

To many to list!
Wow man...That green is really nice and it stands out from the crowd considering everybody else has black or either silver...NICE!!!!
Old 01-07-2007 | 11:40 PM
Almost a Member!

bentley flying spur
How is the ride quality in the s65 with the amg sport suspension? also how would you justify spending that kind of money on a s65 instead of buying a bentley when there will be plenty of 550's on the road and normal people wont be able to tell the difference.
Old 01-07-2007 | 11:46 PM

S65 Renntech'd, GL450, Super Charged Range Rover
Pros:
1. Best V8 Ferrari ever made
2. F1 tranny is unbelievable - Best in Class
3. Handles like no other
4. 8500 redline...enough said
5. Can drive as a daily driver if you want
6. It's a Ferrari!! #1 Marquee name in the auto world

Cons:

None that I have come up with. The car has never given me a problem. The only concern/issue is that FoSV is not a proven dealership in the service area and they have had a lot of turn over in the short time they have been in business.

Oh yeah I have gotten 3 speeding tickets in it. The fastest I was doing was 85. I have done 175 on Hwy 85 but was not caught. The car is a magnet for COPS. With or Without radar. The car is now stored at Laguna Seca and I only track it now. Cannot afford another ticket or my license is history. In addition, why drive it around town when you cannot do the drive justice. The S65 was my answer to having a fast comfortable sleeper car. Most people think it's just a big clunky MB sedan. I like that.

You can really drive it as a daily driver??? The salesman at the dealership in Salt Lake City told me you can't... that actually turned me away... I don't like spending 250K + on a car and leaving it in the garage... I want to drive the hell out of it.
Old 01-07-2007 | 11:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
IMO the gray is much nicer than the green (for an AMG). It's almost as nice as black
Old 01-08-2007 | 12:31 AM

I drive the hell out it. The salesman doesn't own one he just wishes he could. The F430 is built like a tank. If you want it get it and drive it a lot.
Old 01-08-2007 | 12:41 AM

Bentley's are nice but I am not into them. Too boxy.
Old 01-08-2007 | 12:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AWD, 1999 S500
I liked the green better, but they're both off the chart hot. Does MB still charge 1K for a special color order like that? Where is the Green one now?

M
Old 01-08-2007 | 11:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Thumbs up

Bentley's are nice but I am not into them. Too boxy.
Word. S65 is a much rarer car too.

S65 looks great and that color combo is one of the best.

How does straightline power feel compared to F430?
Old 01-08-2007 | 08:51 PM

When I drove the the Green one to the dealer there was a buyer waiting for me to make a decision on the Flint. If I did not take the Flint, he would have walked out. He had to have the Green. So basically I helped the dealer sell twi S65 that day.

In return I was told I have an AMG goodies package waiting for at the dealer. I told them to mail it. No offense but I have been there too many times in the last few days. Plus I will be at MacWorld for the next few days in SF. Should be fun. GO APPLE!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-08-2007 | 11:52 PM

Unfortunatly Not A Silver Star
Nice

Hey that looks really nice in Green, i like it, enjoy !
Old 01-10-2007 | 03:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes
When I drove the the Green one to the dealer there was a buyer waiting for me to make a decision on the Flint. If I did not take the Flint, he would have walked out. He had to have the Green. So basically I helped the dealer sell twi S65 that day.

In return I was told I have an AMG goodies package waiting for at the dealer. I told them to mail it. No offense but I have been there too many times in the last few days. Plus I will be at MacWorld for the next few days in SF. Should be fun. GO APPLE!!!!!!!!!!!
Are you working at MAC or?? just wondering...
Old 01-10-2007 | 06:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63BS, SL55, G55, C43
Plus I will be at MacWorld for the next few days in SF. Should be fun. GO APPLE!!!!!!!!!!!
Now we'll all have to upgrade our Comands to Bluetooth thanks to that damn iPhone!
Attached Thumbnails Got my New 07 S65 today-iphone.jpg  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Got my New 07 S65 today