S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

Active Body Control

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 05:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bentley Flying Spur, CL550
Active Body Control

Anybody ever get the "Active Body Control Visit Workshop" message . Sometimes a "Active Body Control Drive Carefully" message appears also. I walked around the car and noticed the car was almost touching the rear passenger tire. So I figure its a genuine problem. The car still rides great but I'm still going to take it in for service. My car is out of the manufacturer warranty but I have an extended warranty thru a non-mercedes company.

I'll keep ya'll posted on what the dealer says.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
CLK63BS, SL55, G55, C43
Originally Posted by SteveFox
Anybody ever get the "Active Body Control Visit Workshop" message . Sometimes a "Active Body Control Drive Carefully" message appears also. I walked around the car and noticed the car was almost touching the rear passenger tire. So I figure its a genuine problem. The car still rides great but I'm still going to take it in for service. My car is out of the manufacturer warranty but I have an extended warranty thru a non-mercedes company.

I'll keep ya'll posted on what the dealer says.
Most likely an ABC hydrolic leak somewhere. Could be a seal, could be a strut. In the latter case you will be glad you purchased the extended warranty.

I see 2003 MY (probably built in 2002). The wonder year for Mercedes.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 240 Posts
'19 E63S sedan
Strut or pump, most likely. In any case, nothing to mess around with. If it goes completely at highway speed, you could get killed.
Old 01-25-2007, 09:06 PM

This morning when i walked in the garage the car had one sick ganster lean on the right side of the car. This time the front and back passenger side was all the way down. The tire was practically in the wheel well. I had roadside come out to tow it and he helped me steer it out of the garage without damaging anything. Once it was out of the garage I noticed the floor was filled with hydraulic fluid. From the looks of the car and the fluid, it probably emptied out.

Stealer says I'll hear fom him tomorrow morning.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:27 PM

It indeed was the Hydraulic pump that went out. Along with the "Valve Block". My SA says this component is seperate to the Hydraulic pump assists the hydraulic pump in pumping the necessary fluids to all the suspension parts. Along with the hydraulic pump the transmission link needed replacing along with some bushings and other misc. items. My s****y a** extended warranty is covering everything except for the hydraulic pump and valve block(~4000 out of pocket ). Once I'm done with this claim I gonna cancel the coverage, get any money i can from it and purchase a new one thru the dealer or warranty broker.

At this point I just want to get the AMG back online. I'm sick of driving this rental around.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
CLK63BS, SL55, G55, C43
Damn. And that warranty sucks man This is just the thing you got that warranty for. If it is any consolation, I feel your pain.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by sprins
....This is just the thing you got that warranty for....
EXACTLY. I got the warranty for just this; COSTLY REPAIRS. I feel so dumb. I guess you live and learn
Old 02-01-2007, 04:42 PM

Omg

Now the SA tells me that after putting everything back together and running Star Diagnostics to test all the repairs, that the valve block for the rear is shooting trouble codes. I tell him well **** fix the darn thing, it wasn't shooting it out before. Now all of a sudden its shooting out codes.

I'm on my way over there to see WTF is going on..........
Old 02-01-2007, 07:29 PM

Just got back from the dealer....

and I have SOME good news.

Like I said in the above post the SA tells me that the "rear valve block" went out as well. He says that while running Star Diagnostics after putting all the parts together that NOW its throwing trouble codes. So I get directed to the manager and tell him well, when you ran Star Diagnostics when you got the car and it tells you that "A", "B", and "C" is wrong you fixed them correct? Now after the install, where human error can occur while hammering and prying go on, you run Star Diagnostics again and it says "D" is all of a sudden broken, I don't buy it. I proceeded to tell him that I know several large repair shop owner's in Houston that sometimes when human(their mechanic) error occurs, try to pass it to the customer and see if they'll pay for the repair. I also mentioned that I already contacted my attorney to see who should be held responsible for the repair in this instance and that she will contact him to get more details on the case.

After about 45 more seconds of me going off about why I shouldn't pay for the repair he finally says that he will eat the parts and labor of this last repair and anything else that pops up. We didn't go back and forth about it at all, and the whole time he was willing to work with me. He even threw in a couple hundred dollars off the other repairs AND a full detail (159 bucks)

I should have the car tomorrow afternoon. I'm gonna get a voucher for the detail and wait 'til it gets a lot nicer outside to claim it.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:58 PM

What dealer is this? Houston North?
Old 02-01-2007, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Mrdredd
What dealer is this? Houston North?
Greenway.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 240 Posts
'19 E63S sedan
What kind of warranty won't cover the pump or valve block? I had the front valve block done once on the Starmark warranty. Covered the whole thing.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by whoover
What kind of warranty won't cover the pump or valve block? I had the front valve block done once on the Starmark warranty. Covered the whole thing.
Mines is definately not Starmark. I bought the car from a Lexus Delaership and it was the extended warranty they offered. A company called EFG i think. I referred to it in another thread.

I didn't shop around on the extended warranty or anything. Just figured if I purchased the best one offered(most expensive) that I should be OK. Wrong.