S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

2007 S55 on ebay(w221) ???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 12:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 S55 on ebay(w221) ???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Loade...QQcmdZViewItem

probably rebadged S550. Can anyone tell from the dual pipe exhaust? it doesnt say V8 Kompressor on the front fenders either. Interrior also looks very non-amg to me.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 557 Likes on 368 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Originally Posted by Substance
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Loade...QQcmdZViewItem

probably rebadged S550. Can anyone tell from the dual pipe exhaust? it doesnt say V8 Kompressor on the front fenders either. Interrior also looks very non-amg to me.
Someone pretty please call this douchebag, tape it and post it up.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63
It's one thing to drive a poser car, but to try and sell a poser car onto an unsuspecting buyer is a ***** move! He says this luxury auto will not disappoint. What a joke! Who the ***** would not be disappointed in driving a S550 when they thought they purchased a S55?
Old 05-02-2007, 02:16 PM

Wow, what an idiot (the seller). Seems like a perfectly good S550 with AMG appearance package in a nice color. Why not leave well enough alone and make an honest sale???
Old 05-03-2007, 02:45 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1999 C280 Previous / 2008 E350
S55???
Old 05-03-2007, 12:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS
Other than knocking a zero off of the badge and doing the same in the description, this guy does not seem to claim that he is selling an actual kompressor or otherwise-AMG-treated car. He has not made any claims on power, AMG-specific features etc. Probably he is so clueless as to have purchased the car like that, and does not even know the correct model designation. But, does not seem to me that he is intentionally pitching something that the car is not. If anyone is so dumb as to take this claim and go expecting an AMG 55, then perhaps they deserve it.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Ferri
Other than knocking a zero off of the badge and doing the same in the description, this guy does not seem to claim that he is selling an actual kompressor or otherwise-AMG-treated car. He has not made any claims on power, AMG-specific features etc. Probably he is so clueless as to have purchased the car like that, and does not even know the correct model designation. But, does not seem to me that he is intentionally pitching something that the car is not. If anyone is so dumb as to take this claim and go expecting an AMG 55, then perhaps they deserve it.
Well he also added an AMG badge.

I keep forgetting that the newer cars have each letter/digit seperate on the badge. So if, say, one little zero were to accidentally "fall off" my car, I'd have an S55 wouldn't I?

(Just kidding, guys. I'm not going to do it. )
Old 05-03-2007, 01:42 PM

S55 AMG '06
You're defending this guy Ferri? It's now the idiot buyers fault and responsibility? Insane. I guess OJ was innocent too. Anyway, I called the guy and he said that he took the ebay auction down and that the car has been sold. I didn't even address the fraud issue with him after he told me that. I saw a guy in DC who had a black S550 who did the same thing...badged it S55 with the AMG. I asked him about it....let out some line....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....keep runnin' little fishy...."oh, ya know what's really funny...MB didn't make an S55 in the '07 bodysytle. Do you know someone at MB who made it special for you?" Crazy thing is that the guy said yes and kept running' even after busted. So I asked him to open the hood for me so I could have a looksee. He opened it and I just walked away without a word. Would love to know what went through his mind.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1989 Toyota Tercel EZ - dyno'd @ 70whp/77wtq
Seen similar car like this locally, except it was black... W221 S55 w/ AMG badge at the back also.... It's truly an example that money cannot buy class.

I once spotted a W220 on a highway one night weaving in and out of traffic... since it was at night, I could only see it had quad exhaust... So I thought to myself... nice, S55 or S65.... I sped up a little and paced him... expecting to have a little fun until I realized that it was a fake S55 (regular S-class bumper but w/ quad exhaust, S55 badge, AMG badge and V8 kompressor on the side).

So I just stayed on his side... I could see that he glimpsed to my car... and somehow decided to slow down... way slow down (from 85mph to like 60mph). FYI, I neither instigated a race nor tried to intimidate him. I guess he realized he just met a real AMG and felt awkward... I would've laughed even harder if I were also a poser.... as it would've been a poser was intimidated by another poser
Old 05-03-2007, 01:55 PM

S55 AMG '06
Eddie TR...you are a glutton for personal property tax punishment. I'm going to run for governor of VA next election on the platform to finally eliminate the car tax for good in exchange for a slightly higher sales tax. I'm counting on your vote!
Old 05-03-2007, 05:01 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 E63
He's advertising an S55. A car which is no longer in production. He mentions the S55 name several times.

It is NOT an S55.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63
The fact this person did not mention AMG anywhere in his description doesn't change anything. He describes it as an S55 with a picture of an AMG badge on the car, and it's neither. His lack of product description only tells me this individual is trying to say as less as possible for fear of being caught.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:08 AM

How is it "loaded with every option imaginable"? As far as I can tell, it's the base model with AMG only.
Old 05-07-2007, 03:32 PM

1989 Toyota Tercel Coupé
he says that its been pulled and sold, his brother bought it from an auction
Old 05-07-2007, 03:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 557 Likes on 368 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Originally Posted by way2evil
he says that its been pulled and sold, his brother bought it from an auction
How do you know, and what moron did he sell it to?
Old 05-07-2007, 04:16 PM

1989 Toyota Tercel Coupé
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
How do you know, and what moron did he sell it to?
gave him a call. he mustve sold it if he truly did to someone with big pockets and a small brain
Old 05-07-2007, 06:06 PM

Also discussed here:

https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w221/192500-poser-within-strong.html
Old 05-08-2007, 08:45 PM

Something on 4 wheels..
Sorry, but this "excuse" is as dumb as the offer itself...
This guy is "offering" an S55 but obviously trying to sell something else. This is why fraud is considered a crime. What do you think would a judge say if you would tell him "Well, yeah, I committed fraud but I shouldn't be punished for it. See, the other guy was stupid enough to believe me, so where did I go wrong?".