S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

Saw This Poser In Toronto Yesterday

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 01:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
M6 Gran Coupe
3 posts on mjr24's new name "sexysl", all on this thread and you still are suffering from some deep rooted problem that make you believe posing is something that people shouldn't be allowed to laugh at. You keep trying to make this an all AMG owners believe they're better than everyone else thing. It's not, it is a poser thread get with the topic.
Benzman, you are just an ***. Have Rickey (VRAA) check IP addresses, I don't have time to make up new user ID's. If I have something to say to you, I'll say it. I'm glad this hurt your feelings enough that you took the time to look some words up in the dictionary. I think I might go put an AMG badge on my SL just to hear benzman cry over the Internet.

My simple point is if you want to laugh at posers for rebadging cars, go for it. However, that S550 guy might just be laughing at you too...there are people who laugh at those with the lower AMG models because they buy one just to boast they have an AMG, even if they won't admit it openly.

As for me being a poser, I think I could probably buy your E55 and your ML with the watch I have on today. ****. Unless you have one of top 5 model AMG's (S, SL, CL, CLS, G), I don't even want to hear it. They should do away with the rest of them. They are just taking your money.

Last edited by mjr24; 08-01-2007 at 01:51 PM.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rwilson
I'm not even sure the ML qualifies as a "Mercedes" to most people... Isn't it made in Alabama? Wouldn't it really be a Chrysler?

So, to all of us well-adjusted folk, you MLxx drivers would be double posers. First, because you think you're driving a real Mercedes, and second because you talked yourself into buying the sup'ed up AMG version to cover your tracks.

Look, there are two sides to everything.. if someone wants to sport an AMG badge, who cares? Fact is, any of us could go on eBay right now and get a real AMG for $12-15K.. Less if its an ML.

Face it... Nothing depreciates faster than an AMG.. Well, maybe a Maserati Quattroporte, but that's another discussion.

I think all AMG owners are aware that these cars depreciate faster than you can blink. Thats not a concern when buying one at all. Your CLS500 depreciates pretty bad as well. We all know that. So whats your ****in point

Yes, my car was made in Alabama, so ****in what. The engine was built in Affalterbach, thats why I bought it, for the engine, the same reason most AMG buyers buy their cars.

Your just a bitter old man go tell someone who gives a ****
Old 08-01-2007, 03:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E550 4MATIC
Originally Posted by mjr24
Unless you have one of top 5 model AMG's (S, SL, CL, CLS, G), I don't even want to hear it. They should do away with the rest of them. They are just taking your money.
Now you are just being stupid and a snob. There is nothing wrong with an E55/63, CLK55/63 etc. These are fantastic cars, and anyone who drives any Mercedes should be proud and happy that they do. This thread has really collected some of the most uptight, insecure people I have ever seen. You must all have some seriously small d****.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

M6 Gran Coupe
Didn't say they weren't nice cars. What I said is when I think of real AMG's, those are the 5 models I think of, like it or not. There is a reason they didn't make the 65 AMG on any but the top 3 models. When you think of Hummer's.....the H3 is probably nice but most people don't think of it as a real Hummer, and some even put the H2 in that category as well.

If it comes to a middle sized sedan or smaller car, it's M3/M5 all the way and most others agree. When it comes to anything bigger than that, it's the AMG models.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

M6 Gran Coupe
Let me also add Mercedes HAS badged some non-AMG engine models with the AMG badge from the FACTORY, you can check the SL board and some of the boards for people who have bought these cars that way. I don't know why they do it and it seems only a few were like that evidently, but that is what people are saying.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:23 PM

2001 CLK55AMG - Nissan Skyline Turbo AWD - Mazda Familia Turbo AWD
Passion seems non-denominational? ;-)

Seen exactly the same thread on the Skyline forums that stirs up the same passionate responses that reveals the character of the posters.

As new here, I thought that the posts might be a bit more mature but it just goes to show it does not matter the value or type of the vehicle, people will be the same.

If it comes to performance, I could have bought a Skyline GTR R34 Z-Tune for the money I paid for my AMG, but my wife and I compromised on prestige/performance and the CLK55AMG was the choice.

Any car should only be badged as born.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:31 AM

All of them!
Benzman BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH...
I don't "think" because my low intelligence and brain disfunction prevents it. I'm so stupid, I keep insulting others cars, and wish I were superior to everybody, but I know that I am compensating for my small pee pee and or other issues by leasing a sl500 because I couldn't afford the lease on a amg car. I feel it would make me superhuman and get the hotties cause the sl500 ain't getting me there. I expose the truth when I act like I'm justifying buying only a sl500 for depreciation, but haress others with more money to spend for buying AMG's. I wish I could buy an E55 and your ML because i desperately want to outdo you, someone, anyone. So I now am forced to childishly challenge you by saying the watch I have on today is better than your cars. Unless you have one of top 5 model AMG's (S, SL, CL, CLS, G), I don't even want to hear it cause it hurts. They should do away with the rest of them because if I can't have them, then no one can have them. They are just taking your money and giving you value I will never understand in return.
Btw, I also make up my own rules during poker games to prevent myself from losing but have similar problems argueing with people over my new rules. But when I show them my watch, they know they're inferior.
Have Rickey (VRAA) check IP addresses, I don't have time to make up new user ID's..
I could pose from different i.p.'s too. So what?

I think I might go put an AMG badge on my SL just to hear benzman cry over the Internet.
Go ahead and put that AMG emblem on your car and we'll hope someone gets a laugh out of you. I don't believe you could handle anyone laughing at you anymore. As far as crying goes, I might be laughing hard enough at you to be crying.

My simple point is if you want to laugh at posers for rebadging cars, go for it.
We would if you would get back on topic.

I'm glad this hurt your feelings enough that you took the time to look some words up in the dictionary.
You haven't hurt my feelings. You won't make me unload or feel insecure with my purchases. I have no envy for you. I'll just keep pointing out your ignorant statements. Your not worth bothering with except this is fun to me.
This is a poser thread moron. Go read and comphrehend the descriptions of such AGAIN. I posted the dictionary to prevent you from making a further a$$ of yourself

However, that S550 guy might just be laughing at you too...
I'm a funny guy and like to make folks laugh, like some will laugh reading this, so if i could make a S550 owner laugh, so be it. It won't be for posing though.

.there are people who laugh at those with the lower AMG models because they buy one just to boast they have an AMG, even if they won't admit it openly.
More unsubstantiated B.S. with no proof to back it up. Here we go again.

I think I could probably buy your E55 and your ML with the watch I have on today.
NO, YOU CAN'T! You might be able to buy cars like them, but you couldn't buy my cars because I wouldn't sell them to your STUPID a$$.

You keep trying to insult AMG owners and still manage to keep this thread off topic. This is not a watch thread, so who cares? I have nice watches that I don't wear. These material things matter only to you to prove what? Put a string of pearls on a pig and what do you have? I guess the money didn't get you anything but a watch and a car.
I slammed you for your ignorance, and now stupidity. The attitudes you have claimed are not there and you haven't proved them. You insult peoples decisions for purchasing their cars, I never insulted a SL500, just your consistently ignorant statements about AMG owners.

Unless you have one of top 5 model AMG's (S, SL, CL, CLS, G), I don't even want to hear it.
You know more than AMG don't you? Each one has different abilties and uses, which is why they manufacture them and I have more than one? I don't want an cl or G. I do like the cls but AMG or not, I don't want another 4 seater as the 500E is enough. But again what do I know about what I want or AMG about their products. . I own a S too Mr. Ignorant, since your keeping track of total worth. Keep going though, your a slow learner son.

Last edited by mbenzman; 08-02-2007 at 12:42 AM.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:09 AM

All of them!
Originally Posted by obaidan
Read well blind man and try to use your brain first before your big mouth and long nails!
I read well most of the time as I am not blind, thank you. Did you actually read this thread? It's about a S550 poser in Canada. Also to assist, I posted the definition of ignorant as well as poser. I suggest you read that as your statements of my appearance qualifies you as ignorant.
My mouth is not abnormally large, and my nails, while again I'm unsure of their relevance to this topic, I assure you they are no longer than the average male and vary in length between clippings.
Are you really confessing of your own physical shortcomings by trying to personally attack me? Are you so immature as to personally attack my appearance (which your ignorant of) because I disagreed with your crap that you presented as fact? I asked you to prove it.

Many of those basic Mercedes with AMG badges, 2X2 BITurbo and QuadTurbo (yes I saw these as well) pass by me everyday
Should be easy for your greatness to bless us and actually add a poser picture to this thread since YOU claimed YOU see them EVERYDAY. Or is this statement B.S.?

I said "with AMG badges, 2X2 BITurbo and QuadTurbo (yes I saw these as well)". People put all kind of BADGES = LOGOS = EMBLEMS = ........ on the car's side not that there are QuadTurbo W221s! .
Originally Posted by mbenzman
What is a quad turbo? Even the Maybach has only two.
I have never even heard of a quad turbo emblem. Post the pics, should be easy as you see them everyday. Are we exaggerating just a little?

You are so smart!.
Why, thank you, I try. That's the only smart thing you've wrote. It's better than being stupid.

I said that in an earlier post based on local ordering experience. When you first order a regular S-class with the AMG kit/exhaust/wheels, Mercedes Germany always ships them with the AMG emblem on the rear right side where the left side carries the S-class model (i.e. S350, S500, S550, etc).
I have worked for and on Mercedes for over 25 years. I have found them to be consistant all over the world. This is not fact that you spread, it is your thought or opinion not Mercedes, so you can try to prove me wrong. You can't. You may have dealers relabeling the cars for customers not the factory.

If higher end models owners are upset ...
We're not upset, we're laughing and trying to share pics of them, you're interfereing with our fun.

...they can just fax Mercedes and build a case instead of all this trouble and headaches.
They won't need to and won't because Mercedes does not put AMG emblems on the non AMG models. Posers do and maybe dealers trying to fool unwary clients. I hope the latter is false.
Fact, dealers will put them on when a customer/poser asks.

I said "on local ordering experience" That is back home here not in CA. Mercedes business models differ from country to county and that is how Mercedes sells here. If you had no idea, then just to let you know that there are other countries on planet earth, otherwise MB WORLD forum name would have changed! .
I bet if you order a non-AMG car and ask for the emblem, the dealer will install it before it's delivered to you, or maybe your home market is such that the dealers know the people won't spend the extra for the appearance package without getting the AMG emblem and feeling special.
Mercedes does have different models available to different countries to adjust for their laws, requirements, market and tastes. That doesn't mean they add AMG emblems to non AMG cars.
Is not Planet Earth often referred to as the World? What's your point? Again this about a car in Canada, are you paying attention yet?

You want a letter from Mercedes, you get it. I don't need to be convinced; I already got an S while I don't see this letter among the cars you drive! You don't even have an S badge!
Your full of b.s. Prove your statement is right, you are in the minority. The IMMATURE slam attempt is absolute ignorance. I have 2 S-classes. So what? Did I miss out on a doggie biscuit or something for S-class owners? I have more cars too, but don't brag about them Mr. Assumption. Care to exercise your ignorance some more?

When speaking about legitimate, in what legislation is that? Mr. Judge you be the major Mercedes stock shareholder first and then state whether it is legitimate or not.
???????????WTF is this crap? Irrelevant b.s.

That's all what I have to say about this subject kid and you are not worth wasting more time on or responding to either.
While I'm a kid at heart, I am an mature adult. If you address me as "kid" you better be planning your retirement soon. However nothing you have written gives me any reason to believe you've lived long enough and acquired the wisdom associated with that age to address me as a kid. More ignorance.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:48 AM

03 S55 AMG
Wow!

Did this thread get out of hand. I bought my 03 S55 AMG because "I" wanted one, not for someone to oooh & ahhh. Though I don't mind telling people it has 493 hp. I could've bought a barely used 06 S430 or S500 for what I paid for mine but I wanted the AMG. The average driver has NO idea of the differences in performance or price of an AMG vs. non AMG. I too see a poser regularly. This is a middle aged gentleman that is always wearing a shirt & tie, drives an S550 with 22' wheels and an AMG badge on the right rear. I have only seen him going in the opposite direction but I certainly hope to catch him at a light to see which AMG rules....
Old 08-02-2007, 10:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 E63, 2018 AMG GT Convertible
White S class with non AMG wheels, non Sport Class, non Quad exhaust, BUT V8 Kompressor, S55 and AMG badging on the 5 freeway heading to San Diego. Original question on this thread was "Why?" Guess the question still stands, but IMO those of us that know what an AMG really is laugh inside (or cry or get sick), the rest of the public couldn't give a lick. The driver of this car (and the S500 rebadged Maybach in Ladera Ranch) know the truth - they are fakes and frauds.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:20 AM

All of them!
Originally Posted by 03MBAMGs
Did this thread get out of hand. I bought my 03 S55 AMG because "I" wanted one, not for someone to oooh & ahhh. Though I don't mind telling people it has 493 hp. I could've bought a barely used 06 S430 or S500 for what I paid for mine but I wanted the AMG. The average driver has NO idea of the differences in performance or price of an AMG vs. non AMG.
Ditto
Old 08-02-2007, 11:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes S-Class (W221) AMG
mbenzKID, I really smiled when I saw that you really believed it when I said you are smart. I just wanted to tell you in a very polite way that you are not smart but .... well genius. I think you'll start learning now to read between the lines.

But to give you a little bit of credit, I was wrong in thinking that you were blind because you did not see what I initially wrote. After reading the last response out of your many garbage posts, it is clear that you do and write so not because you do not see it but simply because you don't understand what you read; you are simply a genius as I said earlier.

It is not so surprising the attention you want to get here. I saw similar cases on Super Nanny TV show. You might want to see it to learn calming down a little bit before opening your six lane mouth again. I would like to disappoint you a little bit and exercise more ignorance as you requested me in one of your never ending requirements. So now you want a letter from Mercedes, a proof, a picture, a fact and what else? KID don't you get it? I said it before if "you" want it, good for you just go and get it yourself. I am planning my early retirement as you said and you are still young to waste all your precious time looking for these proofs. If it really matters to you, please don’t waste more technician years in fixing cars and just step out and find the truth about my emblem lies. You are not a technician anymore but a world wide Mercedes sales expert and business consultant. Go and find it, the truth shall be out there waiting for you.

Quad Turbo is known since you were sucking your thumb. Now if you didn't have the time to leave the bulb you were fixing at work to read about Bugatti then this is your fault not mine. Have you ever dreamt of a Bugatti EB 110? Let me make it simpler for your genius brain to absorb. If you combine all the garbage cars you had since 1993, mix them with the two imaginary S-Class cars you have, stir them with your future wish list car this will be equal to the price of the rims on this car. It is a good start; you will hopefully get to the quad turbo engine soon enough before the 21st century ends. Now my grandsons shall tell you about the Veyron.

As I said before, you are not worth wasting more time on or responding to either. Just keep posting and wait forever KID. Respect is mutual and I will only spend more time learning and sharing with other members who deserve the respect. My apology but I don’t consider you one of them.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:16 PM

All of them!
mbenzKID, BLAh Blah whine cry. fill in more worthless B.S. here............
When you start out you post by making fun of my name, you lose any credibility from there. Grow up child. For now its seems you are just immature, dense and stupid..playing big d**k on the www. I won't waste my time reading or acknowlege any more of your B.S. Have a nice life and have mommy change your formula.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Here's my take:

Like it or not, any given AMG is a different animal than its lower priced brethren. An S550, as nice as it is, isn't as nice as or as exclusive an S63 or an S65. Yes, it is still an S Class, a great car in its own right, but it is still around $30,000 less than an AMG, at a minimum.

And the thing is, if you stick an AMG badge on a non-AMG car, you are, for whatever reason, trying to pass your car off as something that it is not. It is dishonest. It is fraudulent.

And, frankly, it is a joke. Consider that a) most people don't even know what an AMG is; and b) those who do are most likely enthusiasts, who aren't likely to be fooled by such a ruse, at least the overwhelming majority.

So what's the point? It is silly, and frankly, it is silly to defend it. And it is even more silly to defend it while spouting "I'm so rich, you're not" arguments, because a) typically AMG owners don't tend to be impoverished; and b) if you're so rich that you could buy any AMG you want, any time, with nary a care in the world, then you wouldn't spend the $50 for a badge, you'd spend the $30,000 for the car.

And please: are AMG miles different than non-AMG miles? Get real. 20,000 miles a year is 20,000 miles a year, in an AMG or a normal Benz. It's like saying "I got a fake Rolex rather than a real one because I'm on Central Standard Time". Ridiculous.