S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

Saw This Poser In Toronto Yesterday

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 08:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 8 Posts
‘23 EQS AMG
Originally Posted by superchet
Why do people do this?

Attachment 109203

thats wat i wanna know.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sexysl
i read something bill gates wrote when the internet was first emerging. he didn't use proper grammar in his first internet correspondences and said that it wasn't necessary on such a medium as the internet.. i happen to agree with him. as long as my point gets across and i minimize wasted time I'm perfectly happy. i could care less what you guys think.
I wish to expand on this. Not even is punctuation necessary, neither is spelling or even the order of the letters. As long as you have the correct number of letters for the word, that is all you need in a forum post.

eevn wthi all teh ltteres meessd up, yuo cna siltl raed ti oaky.

As a consolation to posers, just keep in mind that probably less than 1 percent of the general public knows what AMG is. And probably only 10% of those people can tell the difference between a true AMG and a poser. So chances are that you are fooling >99.9% of the population that your car is an AMG. But the people you are fooling have no idea that you are fooling them. So if the person does not know they are being fooled, are you really a poser? Kind of like screaming when nobody is around to hear it. I say to just go for it if it makes you feel good. But watch out for the **** Dental Floss Brigade of Ego, Truth and Virtue; they may destroy and steal your property to uphold the moral high ground that it is wrong to not tell the truth. Vandalism and theft however appears to be okay. My son's friends are now believing his C280 turned AMG C43 has an AMG V12 under the hood. Pretty funny and harmless I think. Pretty soon it will be Bi-Turbo!

Last edited by pilotsmith; 07-25-2007 at 10:29 PM.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:24 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 E63
The letter mix up thing works if the first and last letter of the word are in the correct place. The rest of the word can be scrambled all you want.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes S-Class (W221) AMG
Originally Posted by pilotsmith
I wish to expand on this. Not even is punctuation necessary, neither is spelling or even the order of the letters. As long as you have the correct number of letters for the word, that is all you need in a forum post.

evne thwi lla hte ltteres edmess pu, yuo nca tsill drea ti okya.

As a consolation to posers, just keep in mind that probably less than 1 percent of the general public knows what AMG is. And probably only 10% of those people can tell the difference between a true AMG and a poser. So chances are that you are fooling >99.9% of the population that your car is an AMG. But the people you are fooling have no idea that you are fooling them. So if the person does not know they are being fooled, are you really a poser? Kind of like screaming when nobody is around to hear it. I say to just go for it if it makes you feel good. But watch out for the **** Dental Floss Brigade of Ego, Truth and Virtue; they may destroy and steal your property to uphold the moral high ground that it is wrong to not tell the truth. Vandalism and theft however appears to be okay. My son's friends are now believing his C280 turned AMG C43 has an AMG V12 under the hood. Pretty funny and harmless I think. Pretty soon it will be Bi-Turbo!
Pretty soon it will be an embarrassing scandal!
Old 07-25-2007, 10:01 PM

See the funny thing is that I saw many people having S65, bi turbo and V12 on their S500 with AMG kits but I don't think the problem started yet. The problem starts when you see them talking about how fast their cars go from 0-60 in 4.4 seconds and how they smoked a 911 and that they have waited months to get these one of a kind S65, WHY! If I had such a car I would either remove at least those stickers but might keep the AMG because it was shipped from Mercedes with AMG kit or keep them all and say that I have put them there and it is not S65 or 63. Someone could have gone for a fully loaded AMG kit S500 and saved the extra cash to buy a a 911 turbo which really feels sports while driving as opposed to very fast sedan. Does this make the other Mercedes car less than perfect? No all Mercedes cars are good and this is why we are all here to share information about so we can either make better decisions or solve some problems.

Sorry this might not apply to the postings. I don't mean anyone here in particular but just sharing a personal local experience and my humble opinion.

Please enjoy all your cars A, B, C, E, G, M, CL, S, GL, .......... with any kit. You have made the right choice

Last edited by obaidan; 07-25-2007 at 10:04 PM.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by obaidan
Pretty soon it will be an embarrassing scandal!
LOL. No, not really. He has pretty good taste and keeping the car pretty convincing looking. No V12 Bi-Turbo Kompressor badges on the side. He just tells his friends a boat load of manure and they believe it. Actually only said his car had 12 spark plugs. They assumed it was a V12. They don't know that there are 2 spark plugs per cylinder...
Old 07-25-2007, 10:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E550 4MATIC
You know every AMG owner here who makes a huge deal out of these posers is just as shallow as they are. They are putting an AMG badge on their car to try to show off--the AMG owners are pissed because they don't want people to think that there are more AMGs out there than they are, because they want to show off. All of you should grow up. The back of my car proudly says C240 4Matic and I'm quite happy with it.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:19 PM

04' Mercedes SL500
So when I picked up my car from repair today I returned the AMG plate and bought a similar one with just Mercedes-Benz written on it.. Whatever, I don't even want it to say AMG anymore. You guys are probably right in that most people don't even know what AMG is. A lot of people don't even know what a sl500 is when I tell them lol.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:25 PM

04' Mercedes SL500
oh, and if anyone wants to buy sl500 tail lights or sell sl550 tail lights let me know..
Old 07-26-2007, 12:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

So when I picked up my car from repair today I returned the AMG plate and bought a similar one with just Mercedes-Benz written on it.. Whatever, I don't even want it to say AMG anymore. You guys are probably right in that most people don't even know what AMG is. A lot of people don't even know what a sl500 is when I tell them lol.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:08 AM

Wink

If this guy removed Bentley Continental GT badge and replaced it with Hyundai, you remove Mercedes AMG from a Mercedes?! You think his mom, dad, brothers, sisters, wife, mistress, the neighborhood, chats, forums, reviews, magazines, blogs, his little dog toto and his giant pig oink oink didn't curse him already? Simply, he didn't care! Man I wish I have his guts, I have an Isuzu pickup logo somewhere in the house!

Psssss, if you put it back will anyone here knows about it?

Do whatever makes you happy (well, not really)
Attached Thumbnails Saw This Poser In Toronto Yesterday-contiimg_0005.jpg   Saw This Poser In Toronto Yesterday-contiimg_0007.jpg   Saw This Poser In Toronto Yesterday-contiimg_0008.jpg  

Last edited by obaidan; 07-26-2007 at 07:13 AM.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:26 PM
Banned

cl500-o5, s500 sedan-o4, new s550 sedan
Originally Posted by AsianML
The letter mix up thing works if the first and last letter of the word are in the correct place. The rest of the word can be scrambled all you want.
is there any feild or topic you are NOT an expert in ..???
Old 07-26-2007, 12:35 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 E63
Originally Posted by sooners
is there any feild or topic you are NOT an expert in ..???
Of course!

http://www.languagehat.com/archives/000840.php
Old 07-26-2007, 12:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by pmb600
You know every AMG owner here who makes a huge deal out of these posers is just as shallow as they are. They are putting an AMG badge on their car to try to show off--the AMG owners are pissed because they don't want people to think that there are more AMGs out there than they are, because they want to show off. All of you should grow up. The back of my car proudly says C240 4Matic and I'm quite happy with it.
Have you already changed your mind from what you wrote last week?

https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....0&postcount=13

Weren't you "disgusted"?
Old 07-26-2007, 01:13 PM

All of them!
I went to the AMG private lounge. (the official AMG run website for AMG owners only) There is information regarding models and production #'s for each. No Mercedes models listed, just AMG's.
I tried to register with a sport package Mercedes vin#. No go, apparently they don't recognise AMG sport packages as AMG cars. Here's what it read.

Please tell us who you are, and identify your AMG.

The following error(s) occurred during your registration:
  • The VIN number you have entered is not found. Please re-enter your VIN.

Access to this property is restricted solely to AMG owners. If you are still (unjustifiably!) receiving an error, contact us at.... Please include your First and Last Name, VIN, Vehicle Year and Model, and your preferred User ID. We will contact you within 2 business days with your credentials.

Last edited by mbenzman; 07-26-2007 at 01:34 PM.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:01 PM
Almost a Member!

i just hope the guy enjoys his car

sometimes people just like the looks of what he put on. i think we all remember when the spinner rims were so hot...i hated them but it seemed like everyone liked them. well now...let the guy enjoy his car even if he painted it himself.
Old 07-26-2007, 05:14 PM

2006 CLS 500
Wow, before joiningg this site I never would have thought to look twice if someone had an AMG badge on their trunk.

Knowing now how much it pisses off some of you, I'm going on eBay to order one. Thanks for the tip!
Old 07-26-2007, 05:28 PM

All of them!
The collective wisdom of all the newbies on this thread, doesn't add up to a 1/4 membership in the Mensa Club.
It's unbelievebly awesome the way that so many first time mbworld newbie gravitate and remain in orbit around this one single thread located in a AMG S forum. Something just don't smell so hot around here. Do I smell rats? or just mice?

Last edited by mbenzman; 07-26-2007 at 10:04 PM.
Old 07-26-2007, 05:48 PM
Banned

2005 SL55, 2000 CL500
Newbie Poser

and i'm really surprised at how immature you guys all are. i mean this is ridiculous. you guys buy such expensive cars and yet utilize these retarded looking emoticons. i wouldn't be suprised if many of you guys were posers and didn't even own a mercedes... i mean it isn't hard at all to find pictures of a mercedes on the internet. most people that own a 70+ thousand dollar car (at least the ones i know) would not even be on this forum to begin with unless they are younger and feel like talking about their new car incessantly (like myself).
sexysl

This group can be aggresive when it comes to posers and the AMG logo.

Trust me. Many of us own or have owned several of these cars. Many of us are older than you would expect as well.

Part of the enjoyment in owning an AMG is spotting posers. And down here in
Cali we have loads. See them almost daily.
Old 07-26-2007, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by rwilson
Wow, before joiningg this site I never would have thought to look twice if someone had an AMG badge on their trunk.

Knowing now how much it pisses off some of you, I'm going on eBay to order one. Thanks for the tip!
Old 07-26-2007, 09:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by rwilson

Your a tool. Go back wherever you came from. Posers arent welcome
Old 07-26-2007, 10:56 PM

All of them!
Thumbs up Back to the real deal - POSER only with a twist.

I'll call this this thing the "M poster" !
So on my way home tonight, I pull onto the highway , work my little way over to the hammer lane in my anti poser mobile, (hopped up and debadged 500E) and pass the M poster, a dirty, beaten, debadged BMW 325i sporting an "M" emblem.
I guess he was feeling like he might be able to drop a science on my bad *** in my fat fendered, large tired 300E. He's all up in my rear view after I had gone by him like he's standing still at 90. So I yield and let him smack his throttle and fly by, and I drop back into the fast lane to resume my "cruise".
Well M poster slows down to 75 and is holding off my progress now. After having a couple oportunities to slide over and failing to show me any likewise courtesy, I took the next oportunity to smack the GO pedal and then I see a puff of black from his tailpipe as he thinks hes going return my courtesy by trying to stop himself from being forcefully overtaken. He was very wrong. I waved at him as I flew by on the right and took my position back in the fast lane. He was back on my butt after I found some more traffic. My new friend waved at me when I pulled off at my exit.
I don't like to be messed with, I just cruise fast, I guess He was taunting me after I showed courtesy to faster traffic. But I now present the " M poster". Enjoy the poser.

Last edited by mbenzman; 07-26-2007 at 11:00 PM.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by mbenzman
I'll call this this thing the "M poster" !
So on my way home tonight, I pull onto the highway , work my little way over to the hammer lane in my anti poser mobile, (hopped up and debadged 500E) and pass the M poster, a dirty, beaten, debadged BMW 325i sporting an "M" emblem.
I guess he was feeling like he might be able to drop a science on my bad *** in my fat fendered, large tired 300E. He's all up in my rear view after I had gone by him like he's standing still at 90. So I yield and let him smack his throttle and fly by, and I drop back into the fast lane to resume my "cruise".
Well M poster slows down to 75 and is holding off my progress now. After having a couple oportunities to slide over and failing to show me any likewise courtesy, I took the next oportunity to smack the GO pedal and then I see a puff of black from his tailpipe as he thinks hes going return my courtesy by trying to stop himself from being forcefully overtaken. He was very wrong. I waved at him as I flew by on the right and took my position back in the fast lane. He was back on my butt after I found some more traffic. My new friend waved at me when I pulled off at my exit.
I don't like to be messed with, I just cruise fast, I guess He was taunting me after I showed courtesy to faster traffic. But I now present the " M poster". Enjoy the poser.

you should show their real license plates, so people can see who the posers are
Old 07-27-2007, 11:28 AM

e55amg w210
I don't consider this being a poser. Well, may be just a little bit
He didn't put S65 (or S63, S55) on it..
S class with AMG kit is not regular S class anymore, it's S amg, or S550 AMG AMG makes a lot of stuff, not only engines.
WHy do people have no problem with putting Brabus badge, or Lorinser on car with stock engine but with body kit? I dont remember reading objections on Brabus or Lorinser. Yet when someone puts just AMG everyone starts call him poser..

I've seen lately some nice silver 'E55 AMG compressor', with v8 compressor badges on sides, only when he passed me by, i saw dual exhaust, now THAT was a real poser...
Old 07-27-2007, 12:10 PM
Banned

cl500-o5, s500 sedan-o4, new s550 sedan
Originally Posted by Blue_Monster
you should show their real license plates, so people can see who the posers are
are you freaking kidding.... i sure hope so.!!.... realli, i don't care to see a poser in some other city , as if most forum members could I.D them by there Lic. plate...please get a life.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Saw This Poser In Toronto Yesterday