S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

Saw This Poser In Toronto Yesterday

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 12:20 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 E63
Originally Posted by Omarus
I don't consider this being a poser. Well, may be just a little bit
He didn't put S65 (or S63, S55) on it..
S class with AMG kit is not regular S class anymore, it's S amg, or S550 AMG AMG makes a lot of stuff, not only engines.
WHy do people have no problem with putting Brabus badge, or Lorinser on car with stock engine but with body kit? I dont remember reading objections on Brabus or Lorinser. Yet when someone puts just AMG everyone starts call him poser..

I've seen lately some nice silver 'E55 AMG compressor', with v8 compressor badges on sides, only when he passed me by, i saw dual exhaust, now THAT was a real poser...
AMG makes lots of stuff, but what makes it an AMG is primarily the AMG engine (nowadays).
Old 07-27-2007, 01:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes S-Class (W221) AMG
Lightbulb

I don't consider this being a poser. Well, may be just a little bit
He didn't put S65 (or S63, S55) on it..
S class with AMG kit is not regular S class anymore, it's S amg, or S550 AMG AMG makes a lot of stuff, not only engines.
WHy do people have no problem with putting Brabus badge, or Lorinser on car with stock engine but with body kit? I dont remember reading objections on Brabus or Lorinser. Yet when someone puts just AMG everyone starts call him poser..

I've seen lately some nice silver 'E55 AMG compressor', with v8 compressor badges on sides, only when he passed me by, i saw dual exhaust, now THAT was a real poser...
I said that in an earlier post based on local ordering experience. When you first order a regular S-class with the AMG kit/exhaust/wheels, Mercedes Germany always ships them with the AMG emblem on the rear right side where the left side carries the S-class model (i.e. S350, S500, S550, etc). When you order an S63 or S65 this will be reflected as well on left side. Now Mercedes confirms by doing this that the owner is entiltled to and is eligible for this badge, why would someone care what the whole world thinks otherwise?! If higher end models owners are upset they can just fax Mercedes and build a case instead of all this trouble and headaches.

Many of those basic Mercedes with AMG badges, 2X2 BITurbo and QuadTurbo (yes I saw these as well) pass by me everyday and I simply don't care because the personal experience of driving my car is different than theirs and this is what it counts so let them do what they want, they paid for their cars not me!
Old 07-27-2007, 02:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All of them!
Originally Posted by obaidan
I said that in an earlier post based on local ordering experience. When you first order a regular S-class with the AMG kit/exhaust/wheels, Mercedes Germany always ships them with the AMG emblem on the rear right side where the left side carries the S-class model (i.e. S350, S500, S550, etc). When you order an S63 or S65 this will be reflected as well on left side. Now Mercedes confirms by doing this that the owner is entiltled to and is eligible for this badge, why would someone care what the whole world thinks otherwise?! If higher end models owners are upset they can just fax Mercedes and build a case instead of all this trouble and headaches.

Many of those basic Mercedes with AMG badges, 2X2 BITurbo and QuadTurbo (yes I saw these as well) pass by me everyday and I simply don't care because the personal experience of driving my car is different than theirs and this is what it counts so let them do what they want, they paid for their cars not me!
I don't believe any of this crap your spewing as fact here. What is a quad turbo? Even the Maybach has only two. This is a poser thread, get a letter from Mercedes of Ca. that supports your claims or stop trying to convince people that it's legitimate, it's not.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:50 PM

e55amg w210
Originally Posted by AsianML
AMG makes lots of stuff, but what makes it an AMG is primarily the AMG engine (nowadays).
I know, i have E55 myself.
It doesn't contradict to what i wrote. Absolutely same can be said about any serious tuner, and as i said, no one complains when there is Brabus or Lorinser with stock engine.

There is an option for E, S, CL etc, it's called AMG styling along with AMG wheels. As long as you have car with that option, you can put AMG badge on it. But you can't lie putting E63 (s65 e55) on stock engined car.
It's pretty common in Europe, i still don't understand why americans complain this much.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:00 PM

2006 CLS 500
Originally Posted by Blue_Monster
Your a tool. Go back wherever you came from. Posers arent welcome

This from a guy who drives a truck with an amg badge on it? Yeah, right.

Enjoy.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by rwilson

Enjoy.
Its sad how a "truck" can smoke your CLS sports coupe by a lot
Old 07-27-2007, 03:51 PM
Banned

2005 SL55, 2000 CL500

Enjoy.
Watch out.
That ML will trash your *** quick.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:09 PM
Banned

cl500-o5, s500 sedan-o4, new s550 sedan
I know, i have E55 myself.
It doesn't contradict to what i wrote. Absolutely same can be said about any serious tuner, and as i said, no one complains when there is Brabus or Lorinser with stock engine.

There is an option for E, S, CL etc, it's called AMG styling along with AMG wheels. As long as you have car with that option, you can put AMG badge on it. But you can't lie putting E63 (s65 e55) on stock engined car.
It's pretty common in Europe, i still don't understand why americans complain this much.
Omorus'
most americans really don't have any idea what all this amg badge stuff even is, it is just a few members in this community that are as stubborn as hell and refuse to admit they are totally eaten up with this amg badging crap. and ANSOLUTLEY will not let it go.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by mbenzman
I don't believe any of this crap your spewing as fact here. What is a quad turbo? Even the Maybach has only two. This is a poser thread, get a letter from Mercedes of Ca. that supports your claims or stop trying to convince people that it's legitimate, it's not.
Read well blind man and try to use your brain first before your big mouth and long nails!

I said "with AMG badges, 2X2 BITurbo and QuadTurbo (yes I saw these as well)". People put all kind of BADGES = LOGOS = EMBLEMS = ........ on the car's side not that there are QuadTurbo W221s! You are so smart!

I said "on local ordering experience" That is back home here not in CA. Mercedes business models differ from country to county and that is how Mercedes sells here. If you had no idea, then just to let you know that there are other countries on planet earth, otherwise MB WORLD forum name would have changed!

You want a letter from Mercedes, you get it. I don't need to be convinced; I already got an S while I don't see this letter among the cars you drive! You don't even have an S badge!

I am not trying to convince anyone here, people believe what they believe and that is their right therefore I respect that, but what would you know about respect!

When speaking about legitimate, in what legislation is that? Mr. Judge you be the major Mercedes stock shareholder first and then state whether it is legitimate or not.

That's all what I have to say about this subject kid and you are not worth wasting more time on or responding to either.

Last edited by obaidan; 07-27-2007 at 04:34 PM.
Old 07-27-2007, 05:02 PM

2006 CLS 500
Originally Posted by bltserv
Watch out.
That ML will trash your *** quick.
Sure it will... Here's what I do on the weekend.. Bet your way faster than me, too.

Oh, and my truck is a Dodge.. maybe I'll put an AMG badge on it, too! We can be twins.
Attached Thumbnails Saw This Poser In Toronto Yesterday-719-4.7.07.jpg  
Old 07-27-2007, 05:14 PM
Banned

2005 SL55, 2000 CL500
Sure it will... Here's what I do on the weekend.. Bet your way faster than me, too.

Oh, and my truck is a Dodge.. maybe I'll put an AMG badge on it, too! We can be twins.

Crotch Rocket. Yee ha.
Hope your alive next time some moron changes lanes while your blasting past at 100+.

I lived past that phase. Thank god.

AMG
One Man. One Motor.
Everything else is a poser.
Old 07-27-2007, 05:30 PM
Banned

Read well blind man and try to use your brain first before your big mouth and long nails!

I said "with AMG badges, 2X2 BITurbo and QuadTurbo (yes I saw these as well)". People put all kind of BADGES = LOGOS = EMBLEMS = ........ on the car's side not that there are QuadTurbo W221s! You are so smart!

I said "on local ordering experience" That is back home here not in CA. Mercedes business models differ from country to county and that is how Mercedes sells here. If you had no idea, then just to let you know that there are other countries on planet earth, otherwise MB WORLD forum name would have changed!

You want a letter from Mercedes, you get it. I don't need to be convinced; I already got an S while I don't see this letter among the cars you drive! You don't even have an S badge!

I am not trying to convince anyone here, people believe what they believe and that is their right therefore I respect that, but what would you know about respect!

When speaking about legitimate, in what legislation is that? Mr. Judge you be the major Mercedes stock shareholder first and then state whether it is legitimate or not.

That's all what I have to say about this subject kid and you are not worth wasting more time on or responding to either.
Very well said.. good job.!

2006 CLS 500

Crotch Rocket. Yee ha.
Hope your alive next time some moron changes lanes while your blasting past at 100+.

I lived past that phase. Thank god.

AMG
One Man. One Motor.
Everything else is a poser.
Uhm... Sorry to split hairs, but I think AMG was two men.

Only an idiot would ride a motorcycle on the street...
Banned

Very well said.. good job.!
Old 07-27-2007, 06:04 PM
Banned

2005 SL55, 2000 CL500

The phrase refers to one person building your engine.
Attached Thumbnails Saw This Poser In Toronto Yesterday-amg-one.jpg  

Last edited by bltserv; 07-27-2007 at 06:50 PM.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:12 PM

2006 CLS 500

The phase refers to one person building your engine.
Cute. Bet that lands you fellas all the hotties, huh?
Old 07-27-2007, 07:25 PM

Oh the shame, the shame. My son is a poser! Here is his car. So far none of his friends in school have figured it out and that is all he cares about.

Is there anything that is a dead give away it is a poser to the average Joe out there? We should start a rating system here on poser quality.

Hopefully nobody's ego is too threatened by his car. A real C43 AMG is only worth about $15K now.
Attached Thumbnails Saw This Poser In Toronto Yesterday-afterl.jpg   Saw This Poser In Toronto Yesterday-amg3s.jpg  

Last edited by pilotsmith; 07-27-2007 at 07:28 PM.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by pilotsmith
Oh the shame, the shame. My son is a poser! Here is his car. So far none of his friends in school have figured it out and that is all he cares about.

Is there anything that is a dead give away it is a poser to the average Joe out there? We should start a rating system here on poser quality.

Hopefully nobody's ego is too threatened by his car. A real C43 AMG is only worth about $15K now.
You can drive it sometimes and if someone points at you saying poser you can always blame it on your son for not telling you! Just play the dad role, I do it sometimes
Old 07-28-2007, 01:02 AM

LOL, I will do that! I actually like driving his car. I have not owned a car for about 18 years now as I get a free company car evey couple years, but they are boring corporate fleet cars. I'd trade him my new 2007 Ford 500 for his 2000 C280/43 if I could, but he is not allowed to drive the company car. TheC43 posermobile is a lot peppier and more fun to drive than the Ford. I better never try a real AMG or I will surely be even more depressed having to drive the Ford.
Old 07-28-2007, 03:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E550 4MATIC
Sorry but your son's car is not convincing at all. Number one is the lack of AMG bodywork.
Old 07-28-2007, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by pmb600
Sorry but your son's car is not convincing at all. Number one is the lack of AMG bodywork.
"Shhhhhhhh! Don't tell his friends." They are still under the impression it has a V12 because he said it has 12 spark plugs. I just compared the real C43 to the posermobile and don't think the average Joe will notice the slightly different lower trim pieces. But if you know what you are looking for agreed it is pretty easy to spot. At least he now has about 100 extra HP after adding the AMG exhaust tips...
Old 07-29-2007, 01:02 AM

2004 CL500 (W215)
Originally Posted by sexysl
and wow.. you guy's **** me off. this guy even has the s550 on it. it's not like he put s63 or s65. you know he doesn't have a bloody AMG engine in it and either just thought the badge made the car look better or put some amg mods in it and wanted to put an amg badge on the back. you people are seriously retarded. when i was in the parts section of mercedes the other day the guy even suggested i put an amg badge on the back of my car since i had some amg wheels on it and saw this carbon fiber amg license plate i liked and want to put on it. you people sicken me.

Again the idea behind this whole thread is to LAUGH/POKE FUN AT/ HAVE A GOOD TIME

I personally own a regular R129 500 and still laugh at people here in UAE who buy standard SL280s and 320s and place 500 badges.

And sexysl you have the right to place the badging if u have AMG parts but I guess what the others are trying to get across is an emphasis on the TRUE AMGs.

Age does not define a persons passion and love for his/her car. People on this forum range from 15 to 60 and so a lot of them are established professionals. The only diff is that they love their machines and love to talk about them

So chillax guys and lets see some more poser pics
Old 07-29-2007, 11:23 AM

2001 Kleemann CLK 230K, 2006 CLS 350, GTR R35
here's one..not a mercedes though. it looked legit at first, but i saw the brakes and they were..... well
good try though.
Old 07-31-2007, 01:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your just pissed that you really wanted the AMG version and couldnt get it
Old 07-31-2007, 07:25 PM

2006 CLS 500
Originally Posted by Blue_Monster
Your just pissed that you really wanted the AMG version and couldnt get it
I'm not even sure the ML qualifies as a "Mercedes" to most people... Isn't it made in Alabama? Wouldn't it really be a Chrysler?

So, to all of us well-adjusted folk, you MLxx drivers would be double posers. First, because you think you're driving a real Mercedes, and second because you talked yourself into buying the sup'ed up AMG version to cover your tracks.

Look, there are two sides to everything.. if someone wants to sport an AMG badge, who cares? Fact is, any of us could go on eBay right now and get a real AMG for $12-15K.. Less if its an ML.

Face it... Nothing depreciates faster than an AMG.. Well, maybe a Maserati Quattroporte, but that's another discussion.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Saw This Poser In Toronto Yesterday