S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)
View Poll Results: Will you buy Kleemann Products at Aristocrat Motors if they are a dealer?
yes
77.78%
No
22.22%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Kleemann S63 upgrade update

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 09-26-2007, 10:05 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 S63=AMG: Black (Savanna/Cashmere) Kleeman Delimited 200MPH
Kleemann S63 upgrade update

I recently (2 months ago) shipped my S63 to Kleemann in Colorado Springs so they could use it as a mockup to design the down pipes for the new S class. Cory fabricated the down pipes and sent them to Kleemann Europe for final production.

I drove the car to Kleemann 3 weeks ago to have the exhaust, locking differential, CPU and lowering module installed. Unfortunately Kleemann Denmark is running behind and the down pipes are still not done. We are hoping for them to show by the first of October. I have another Performance Driving Event to run late October ( http://www.kcrpca.org/dl.asp?cmd=6&cid=22). Cory is shipping it to me so my dealer (soon to be a Kleemann authorized dealer) can install them. Kleemann more than made up for the delay on the exhaust!
I cannot thank them enough for their generosity on the exhaust system.

We also had a warranty issue while in Colorado that restricted Cory from just fabricating another set of pipes for me. The left rear strut hemorrhaged oil on the lift. Mercedes Colorado Springs ordered the strut but the 7 in existence were all in Germany. So we had it redirected to Aristocrat Motors in Merriam, Kansas. The repair is completed.

The other items on the list were completed.
Rear differential converted to Locking Differential
Lowering Module installed
CPU reprogrammed and de-limited to 200mph

-----------------

I will take this moment to post my MPG on the way from Kansas City to Colorado Springs: 21.5

My mileage from Colorado Springs to Laramie Wyoming: 23.7 (after Kleemann mods)

My mileage from Laramie Wyoming to Kansas City: 20.5

Cory and I believe that the MPG will increase 3-5% when the new exhaust is installed.
--------------------------------

The single biggest improvement is the locking rear differential. The car accelerates quicker and the traction control operates less. I did run the car in Topeka, KS at Heartland Park http://www.hpt.com on the ¼ mile. The track was slow and everyone was experiencing a 1 second delay in times. I ran mid 13s. We were expecting to get into the mid 12s but the track was very slick due to humidity. Most of the 10 – 12 second races were running 11-13 seconds.
Out of corners (on the street) the car is more grounded with the rear end installed. I am experiencing more internal wheel grab which tends to move the car quicker through the turn.

The CPU programming is crippled until the exhaust is installed but it is more responsive.

The lowering module is as straight forward as can be. I am not a big fan of lowered cars like this and mainly bought it for the track. But it is growing on me with the car lowered 1 ½”. I can bypass this module at any time with a simple bypass plug.

I am looking forward to the forward exhaust as it will increase HP, TQ and is a tad bit louder as Cory put it

I will post updates on the exhaust when I have it installed as well as track updates in late October at the Porsche D.E. @ Heartland Park Topeka.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
G55 & SLK55
Congradulations on the upgrades, The S63 is a very stunning saloon. Enjoy it in good health and drive safe.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
01 CLK 430
Originally Posted by zteb
I recently (2 months ago) shipped my S63 to Kleemann in Colorado Springs so they could use it as a mockup to design the down pipes for the new S class. Cory fabricated the down pipes and sent them to Kleemann Europe for final production.

I drove the car to Kleemann 3 weeks ago to have the exhaust, locking differential, CPU and lowering module installed. Unfortunately Kleemann Denmark is running behind and the down pipes are still not done. We are hoping for them to show by the first of October. I have another Performance Driving Event to run late October ( http://www.kcrpca.org/dl.asp?cmd=6&cid=22). Cory is shipping it to me so my dealer (soon to be a Kleemann authorized dealer) can install them. Kleemann more than made up for the delay on the exhaust!
I cannot thank them enough for their generosity on the exhaust system.

We also had a warranty issue while in Colorado that restricted Cory from just fabricating another set of pipes for me. The left rear strut hemorrhaged oil on the lift. Mercedes Colorado Springs ordered the strut but the 7 in existence were all in Germany. So we had it redirected to Aristocrat Motors in Merriam, Kansas. The repair is completed.

The other items on the list were completed.
Rear differential converted to Locking Differential
Lowering Module installed
CPU reprogrammed and de-limited to 200mph

-----------------

I will take this moment to post my MPG on the way from Kansas City to Colorado Springs: 21.5

My mileage from Colorado Springs to Laramie Wyoming: 23.7 (after Kleemann mods)

My mileage from Laramie Wyoming to Kansas City: 20.5

Cory and I believe that the MPG will increase 3-5% when the new exhaust is installed.
--------------------------------

The single biggest improvement is the locking rear differential. The car accelerates quicker and the traction control operates less. I did run the car in Topeka, KS at Heartland Park http://www.hpt.com on the ¼ mile. The track was slow and everyone was experiencing a 1 second delay in times. I ran mid 13s. We were expecting to get into the mid 12s but the track was very slick due to humidity. Most of the 10 – 12 second races were running 11-13 seconds.
Out of corners (on the street) the car is more grounded with the rear end installed. I am experiencing more internal wheel grab which tends to move the car quicker through the turn.

The CPU programming is crippled until the exhaust is installed but it is more responsive.

The lowering module is as straight forward as can be. I am not a big fan of lowered cars like this and mainly bought it for the track. But it is growing on me with the car lowered 1 ½”. I can bypass this module at any time with a simple bypass plug.

I am looking forward to the forward exhaust as it will increase HP, TQ and is a tad bit louder as Cory put it

I will post updates on the exhaust when I have it installed as well as track updates in late October at the Porsche D.E. @ Heartland Park Topeka.
It would be so awesome if they would carry Kleemann products!!!

I will see you on Oct. 6th and by the way, the car is AWESOME!!
Old 10-02-2007, 06:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
s63, e55
can you post sound sound clips/movies of your Kleeman exhaust?
Im interested in upgrading mine
Old 10-03-2007, 04:10 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by hubitubi
can you post sound sound clips/movies of your Kleeman exhaust?
Im interested in upgrading mine
I am still waiting on the exhaust but will try to record it once it shows up. I dont have any high end recording equipment so I can't promise a good recording.

Regards,

Shane
Old 10-03-2007, 05:04 PM

SL65 AMG
I am still waiting on the exhaust but will try to record it once it shows up. I dont have any high end recording equipment so I can't promise a good recording.

Regards,

Shane
I use to live in leawood where are you located? I still have some buds over in KS. If you get a chance stop by and see chad at kc trends. He has a new shop that looks great off 135th I think. I talked to aristocrat about buying a few cars but the service sucked so I bought else where.
Old 10-03-2007, 05:08 PM
Administrator

Received 523 Likes on 112 Posts
Drives Slowly
Cory and Brandon are great to work with and worth the money, even if you have to ship your car to them.

I assume that you already have the Kleemann headers on your car and your just having down pipes fabricated?

Would love to see some pictures of the project.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:32 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by Rock
Cory and Brandon are great to work with and worth the money, even if you have to ship your car to them.

I assume that you already have the Kleemann headers on your car and your just having down pipes fabricated?

Would love to see some pictures of the project.
I donated the car to Cory for a week in the summer so they could fab the down pipes/high flow cats.

The headers and DownPipes/cats arrived monday but were sent with the wrong gaskets. Gaskets should be in today and install completed.

I ran last saturday at Heartland Park Topeka at the Porsche Club event. I kick a lot of thier butts! 996 turbos, 944, 977, caymans, and of course boxters. One very nice gentleman from Nebraska was supprised to be passed by a Limo!

I posted pics but the domain wont resolve until later today @ http://s63amg.com/HPT
Attached Thumbnails Kleemann S63 upgrade update-2007-10-20_pca_1131-large-e-mail-view.jpg   Kleemann S63 upgrade update-heartland-park-porsche-run-019-large-e-mail-view.jpg   Kleemann S63 upgrade update-2007-10-20_pca_2372-large-e-mail-view.jpg   Kleemann S63 upgrade update-heartland-park-porsche-run-011-large-e-mail-view.jpg   Kleemann S63 upgrade update-2007-10-20_pca_1749-large-e-mail-view.jpg  

Last edited by zteb; 10-27-2007 at 04:06 AM.
Old 10-27-2007, 12:05 AM
Almost a Member!

Regards,

Shane
It is definately louder when you get on it And really noticable when you floor it!
Old 10-27-2007, 12:13 AM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice! Got any dyno's of that beast?
Old 10-27-2007, 03:38 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by JamE55
Nice! Got any dyno's of that beast?
Only the stock one when Cory had the car before the mods.

I do have some track pictures: http://s63amg.com/HPT

Last edited by zteb; 10-27-2007 at 04:07 AM.
Old 10-28-2007, 05:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
I donated the car to Cory for a week in the summer so they could fab the down pipes/high flow cats.

The headers and DownPipes/cats arrived monday but were sent with the wrong gaskets. Gaskets should be in today and install completed.

I ran last saturday at Heartland Park Topeka at the Porsche Club event. I kick a lot of thier butts! 996 turbos, 944, 977, caymans, and of course boxters. One very nice gentleman from Nebraska was supprised to be passed by a Limo!

I posted pics but the domain wont resolve until later today @ http://s63amg.com/HPT

Wow what a great set of pics.. Do you have a timeslip. I would like to correct your times to sea level to compare vs other 63's accross the USA.

Thanks
Old 10-28-2007, 10:00 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by juicee63
Wow what a great set of pics.. Do you have a timeslip. I would like to correct your times to sea level to compare vs other 63's accross the USA.

Thanks
juicee63,

This was a Performance Driving Event so it was not timed in any form or would otherwise void automotive insurance.

Regards,

zteb
Old 10-28-2007, 10:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
juicee63,

This was a Performance Driving Event so it was not timed in any form or would otherwise void automotive insurance.

Regards,

zteb
Oh sorry I was speaking of the 1/4 mile times your buddy ran in Mexico in the first post.

time and date ET and Trap.

Car is stunning,