S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

"Driving a gas guzzler is unpatriotic"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 03:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S65 Renntech'd, GL450, Super Charged Range Rover
"Driving a gas guzzler is unpatriotic"

So, I come out to get into my 750 Horsepower V12 S65 Renntech'd car today and I find this guy next to me...

Look at the sticker on the car.

LOL

Old 07-14-2008, 04:25 PM

Unpatriotic my *** this is america baby if you can afford to roll around in a big benz then its nobodys business to tell you otherwise. That guy needs a new car but it appears all he can afford is a bumper sticker.
Will
Old 07-14-2008, 04:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

That is absurd, although gas is far too cheap in the US.
Old 07-14-2008, 04:36 PM

MB S550 Designo, BMW F10 535i, BMW X5, RRS
the fact that the sticker is on a Japanese car makes me scratch my head
Old 07-14-2008, 04:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by dadesidon
Wow, talk about ironic. Some people always have an issue with something. Today, some morons were protesting abortion, some pro-life/pro choice downtown in Atlanta. They had some really disgusting pictures on their posters, and were scaring the kids. Grossed me out. The police came and dispersed them.

What had me was that on their shirts, they had Jesus is the answer and loves all. Then another part said Islam is a lie. I stopped reading the rest.

On topic, if a gus guzzler is unpatriotic than a great deal of US citizens are unpatriotic. Perhaps some people should get a life.
Old 07-14-2008, 05:22 PM

People with nothing better do to just look for something to cry and complain about. Just because they are miserable they dont have to try and drag everyone else down with them.
Will
Old 07-14-2008, 05:35 PM

S65 Renntech'd, GL450, Super Charged Range Rover
Originally Posted by dadesidon
EXACTLY! haha
Old 07-14-2008, 05:46 PM

1994 E320
Gas-guzzler or not, people have a right to drive whatever they want! Nobody should be telling me or anybody else what to drive and how much gas do I or others waste! It's my car, and if I can afford to drive it, I will!!!
Old 07-14-2008, 08:23 PM

I would be more pissed about having a POS subaru parked next to my S65.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:46 AM

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts
2020 Mercedes GLS450, 2021 Porsche 911 Cab
That sticker would look better on the S65
Old 07-15-2008, 01:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
I have found that drivers of cars like this are usually pretty pissed off at how their lives have turned out. As a result, they feel the need to justify their misfortune by trying to make people who have actually accomplished something feel bad. It usually doesn't work. Rock on!
Old 07-15-2008, 01:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
not stock.
Originally Posted by IngenereAMG
I have found that drivers of cars like this are usually pretty pissed off at how their lives have turned out. As a result, they feel the need to justify their misfortune by trying to make people who have actually accomplished something feel bad. It usually doesn't work. Rock on!
so true!
Old 07-16-2008, 12:50 AM

2020 GTR Roadster, 2020 GT63S
If the guy in the Subaru had the money and appreciation for fine automobiles, he or she would be driving the S65! Hater!
Old 07-16-2008, 05:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 8 Posts
‘23 EQS AMG
Originally Posted by deniska
That sticker would look better on the S65
hahaha
Old 07-17-2008, 11:21 PM

e55
unethical maybe, but thats definitely not unpatriotic or unamerican, the foundation of this country is waste and ineffiency, thats why its slowly starting to crumble. I see nothing wrong with that sticker
Old 07-18-2008, 12:29 AM

Something on 4 wheels..
Originally Posted by E55 PWR
unethical maybe, but thats definitely not unpatriotic or unamerican
I agree.

the foundation of this country is waste and ineffiency, thats why its slowly starting to crumble.
You're probably right.

I see nothing wrong with that sticker
How does this final statement match your opening sentence?
Old 07-18-2008, 12:35 AM

1988 535i 5 speed
Can you please explain to me why it is unpatriotic? Hell, if we start drilling for oil like we should, the "gas guzzlers" will be providing jobs that the lefties keep telling us are going over seas. And even if we don't, how does using gas mean that you don't support your country? Once again proof that liberals really don't think at all. And to E55 PWR, the ones that "waste" and are the most conspicuous consumers are the very people that want us to believe BS like that bumper sticker. Just saying.
Old 07-18-2008, 05:10 AM

Something on 4 wheels..
Originally Posted by BenzBoy12
Can you please explain to me why it is unpatriotic? Hell, if we start drilling for oil like we should, the "gas guzzlers" will be providing jobs that the lefties keep telling us are going over seas. And even if we don't, how does using gas mean that you don't support your country? Once again proof that liberals really don't think at all. And to E55 PWR, the ones that "waste" and are the most conspicuous consumers are the very people that want us to believe BS like that bumper sticker. Just saying.
Do you honestly believe that these stickers and BS-talk about "patriotism" are coming from the liberal political end? Now who's voting liberal? The poor and uneducated or the wealthy and educated? IMO, 'Patriotism' is a word chewed over and over again by republicans, NOT liberals. If you want to be patriotic, you have to watch FOX news (aka. republican-news) rather than CNN or CNBC...

I won't comment about liberals not thinking at all (), but I can assure you that patriotism is not their top priority (uhhh, shame on them!). The United States MIGHT be the greatest nation in the world, but liberals tend to have fewer difficulties in getting the picture that we're not alone on this planet - as our current President believes.

Just my 2 cents...

Last edited by FloridaE55; 07-18-2008 at 05:12 AM.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:06 AM

07' IS 350, 08' E550
Originally Posted by FloridaE55
Do you honestly believe that these stickers and BS-talk about "patriotism" are coming from the liberal political end? Now who's voting liberal? The poor and uneducated or the wealthy and educated? IMO, 'Patriotism' is a word chewed over and over again by republicans, NOT liberals. If you want to be patriotic, you have to watch FOX news (aka. republican-news) rather than CNN or CNBC...

I won't comment about liberals not thinking at all (), but I can assure you that patriotism is not their top priority (uhhh, shame on them!). The United States MIGHT be the greatest nation in the world, but liberals tend to have fewer difficulties in getting the picture that we're not alone on this planet - as our current President believes.

Just my 2 cents...
Very well stated! I couldn't agree more
Old 07-18-2008, 01:07 PM
Banned

1996 C36 AMG
the greatest country in the world isn't the one who talks the talk the loudest, its the one that walks the walk in silence. Thats not this country, there are 150+ countries in the world, travel some.
Old 07-18-2008, 01:39 PM

2011 BMW X5 SAV
Originally Posted by Dr. C36
the greatest country in the world isn't the one who talks the talk the loudest, its the one that walks the walk in silence. Thats not this country, there are 150+ countries in the world, travel some.
This is the greatest country in the world, what are your other candidates??

Last edited by Tymah123; 07-18-2008 at 01:58 PM.
Old 07-18-2008, 01:57 PM

Something on 4 wheels..
Now guess why I said 'MIGHT'......
Old 07-18-2008, 04:16 PM

Velvet Fleetwood
exactly, do as you say > travel and soon you will realize why this is the greatest country in the world. I'm speaking from experience and traveling/living abroad. maybe some day you will realize that the opportunities made possible here which one can't even fathom in other parts of the world.
Old 07-18-2008, 05:00 PM

1988 535i 5 speed
Originally Posted by FloridaE55

Just my 2 cents...
Yes, I do. Since this sticker is *****ing about gas use, I can only guess it is from a liberal point of view. And, yes, unfortunately there are a lot of "educated" people voting liberal, think of all the college profs. Also, celebs are some of the richest people around, and 99% are liberal. So yes, there are some rich, "educated" (if they really were, they wouldn't believe this crap) people that are voting liberal. And we are the best country in the world, what others did you have in mind?
Old 07-18-2008, 05:24 PM
WSH
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 CL65
Travel is highly inefficient and has much sampling error....one doesn't need to waste time/money to travel to all 50 states of US or to RoW to realize most of these places are economic wastelands....so much useful data is readily available on any computer linked to the Net...

Suspect the country and the specific urban regions that consistently attract the smartest, highest-achieving guys....for their college education and/or for their career/start a business...will prove to be the most economically powerful regions w/the highest std of living....

But even in high-achieving regions, will always face bitter/jealous people who resent, esp visible, success of others...after all, commuting via new 65 is beyond affordability of 99%+ of people in even the richest US urban regions, let alone EU w/its lower std of living and higher costs....and the resentments become more visible when the 65 driver is <40yo...

Darwinian selection is ultimately healthy for society....would argue the most wasteful carbon footprints are those of people who are economic underachievers, not those of high-achievers who choose to commute via 65....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: "Driving a gas guzzler is unpatriotic"