S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

Any DAS or WIS experts out there?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 04:36 PM

Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts
Any DAS or WIS experts out there?

Hey guys. Well I bought the DAS and WIS systems and have a few questions for you old pros. Is there a way to make the car via DAS raise just one side up or down even though I believe the pressure sensor for the ABC is bad? My pressure goes from 0 to 175 bar and then all over the place but finally lands at 0. Once the pressure is at 0 bar I can't seem to make it do much of anything at all. If I jump the pressure sensor will that trick the car to thinking there is enough pressure then? Thanks for the help.
Johan
Old 10-21-2009, 08:37 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
GL550, C55, 335i Coupe, vintage Mustang
I really think you should make an attempt at repairing the problem before you go into control unit adaptations and start changing things. I would follow the diagnostic steps in the "Guided tests" menu for zero system pressure. If you unplug the sensor, do you get an extreme reading, or does it remain unchanged? You could try performing the ABC dynamic pressure test, that will test the pump, but you need a functioning pressure sensor for any tests.

Nick
Old 10-21-2009, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by nick 55
I really think you should make an attempt at repairing the problem before you go into control unit adaptations and start changing things. I would follow the diagnostic steps in the "Guided tests" menu for zero system pressure. If you unplug the sensor, do you get an extreme reading, or does it remain unchanged? You could try performing the ABC dynamic pressure test, that will test the pump, but you need a functioning pressure sensor for any tests.

Nick
Thanks for the reply Nick. I agree with you and I do not plan on changing anything with the ride levels. My problem I am having is the car is slammed on the left side because when I run the tests it started working but then the pressure sensor quit(I think) and now sits on the left side. So I wanted to see if I disconnect and adjustments and jump the sensor if it will allow the system to level the car out thinking there is now pressure in the ABC system. Like I said the pump seems to work but when the pressure drops to 0 bar the car goes into limp mode and won't make any adjustments the ABC.
Thanks, Johan
Old 10-21-2009, 09:34 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
GL550, C55, 335i Coupe, vintage Mustang
I hate to say this, but it doesn't sound like a pressure sensor fault, rather a pump failure. Are you sure there is fluid in the reservoir? One more test you can try is to look at system pressure in actual values. Take the ABC reservoir dipstick out and lightly(like 15psi) blow compressed air into the tank. That will raise the system pressure, but if you aren't careful, you can explode the reservoir(I've watched people do that), and that is an expensive mess. You should be able to watch the pressure sensor read the change in pressure. Good luck.

Nick
Old 10-22-2009, 06:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pinto
yeah first thing is to make sure there's fluid in the resevoir before you get into complicated stuff...

once there fluid.. if your car still read 0 bar... the pump could be bad... v8's abc pump is not hard to replace...compare to v12's...
Old 10-22-2009, 09:36 PM

Yea I checked all that. I am actually going to do a filter change and rodeo here soon. This morning I went out and started her up and it lifted to the right height immediately. That is why I am not sure my pump is bad.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pinto
Originally Posted by DRTYLNDY
Yea I checked all that. I am actually going to do a filter change and rodeo here soon. This morning I went out and started her up and it lifted to the right height immediately. That is why I am not sure my pump is bad.
ok, after reading this, you right, your pump is still good..
oh, so then you have a sinking strut when park right?

thats valve block issue(if the strut does not leak itself)...the one on the left front is the known issue..(driver)

yeah you can try the filter and flush the fluid, hopefully if its a miracle the valve operate normal again ..

yayyyyyyy rodeo.. i love this test...

Last edited by Viet_Amg408; 10-22-2009 at 10:49 PM.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:49 AM

My gut is telling me the pulsation dampner has internally exploded. The other day when I was working on the car the left side was slammed down and I couldn't get the car to level because it was showing 0 bar. Then yesterday morning I started it up and she lifted right away meaning the sensor was showing pressure again so it went out of limp mode. The reason I think the pulsation damnper exploded is because I had fluid squirting up through the dip stick holes on the ABC randomly. Now I need to figure out if I should just replace the dampner or just replace the whole valve just in case the sensor sucks as well. What do you think?
Johan