S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

E or S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2010 | 06:24 PM

2011 E350
E or S

alright people, how's it going? I, am a newbie, as you can see by my user name. i have tried posting this thread before, but everything i wrote got deleted for whatever reason. but here is long story short, ME, a 16 year old kid needs a new car cause i wrecked my moms '04 e class which was going to be mine in a few month's but now is totaled, any way my parents want to get me a car, and have brought it down to two cars an 08 S class or an 2011 E class, the thing is that I'm going to be using this car for daily school use and local town going to friends houses and such, i have talked to a MB rep and he told me that the S class would not be that good for daily use cause of the v8, and that it would look abnormal for an 16 year to be driving one (S class), but the S is SO much roomier, mainly its the leg room I'm 6ft2 and the S is really nice, my legs don't get all tired and stuff. i really like the E class too and i guess it would be better for a 16 year old too drive. i will be making my decision based on the opinions expressed on this thread. so what would be better based on your opinion guys? thanks. P.S if this thread is in the wrong place, please move it!

Last edited by thenewbie; 12-29-2010 at 06:25 PM. Reason: need to post last bit of info that i forgot
Old 12-29-2010 | 06:44 PM

2008 ML350 1987 Buick GN 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 2006 Mercedes S65
I say why chose? Just get both. this way if something happens and you wreck one, you at least have a back up! Then if yo u dont wreck it, it will be easier to decide which one you like better. Good luck!!!
Old 12-29-2010 | 07:04 PM

2011 E350
Originally Posted by mbelite1
I say why chose? Just get both. this way if something happens and you wreck one, you at least have a back up! Then if yo u dont wreck it, it will be easier to decide which one you like better. Good luck!!!
can only get one
Old 12-29-2010 | 10:10 PM

Mars Red 2005 C230k, 2001 E320 4matic
Its preference. What model e? what model s? The e class is a great car and a brand new one will have a lot less problems, an 08 s-class will have more costly repairs once out of warranty so always get an extended. If your talking a e550 v.s s550 then the engines are the same. If your talking e350 v.s s550 then the economical choice is the e class. Your going to get more car in the s-class but for a 16 year old the e class will do just fine. There are a lot of mods and apperance upgrades and 6'2 isn't large to make a decision based off of cabin size. They have a lot of room, although you will use up most of the rear seat to fit your legs in the e-class. So if a car load of friends is a frequent thing then you want to consider the s class. If I where you, I would buy 06-07 s65 with low miles and an extended warranty that gets you through high school. A lot of fun, will smoke all your friends cars, while fitting everyone inside. It's a rocket ship on wheels. Check out youtube for the videos of one smoking porsches and lambos. haha no dont i'm j/k your only 16 thats not practical. It's really up to which one you feel is you. I always find that a sporty e class is something that I always love driving. Comfort and luxury when you want it and sporty and quick when you need it.

Last edited by Brau0318; 12-29-2010 at 10:13 PM.
Old 12-29-2010 | 11:04 PM

2011 E350
Originally Posted by Brau0318
Its preference. What model e? what model s? The e class is a great car and a brand new one will have a lot less problems, an 08 s-class will have more costly repairs once out of warranty so always get an extended. If your talking a e550 v.s s550 then the engines are the same. If your talking e350 v.s s550 then the economical choice is the e class. Your going to get more car in the s-class but for a 16 year old the e class will do just fine. There are a lot of mods and apperance upgrades and 6'2 isn't large to make a decision based off of cabin size. They have a lot of room, although you will use up most of the rear seat to fit your legs in the e-class. So if a car load of friends is a frequent thing then you want to consider the s class. If I where you, I would buy 06-07 s65 with low miles and an extended warranty that gets you through high school. A lot of fun, will smoke all your friends cars, while fitting everyone inside. It's a rocket ship on wheels. Check out youtube for the videos of one smoking porsches and lambos. haha no dont i'm j/k your only 16 thats not practical. It's really up to which one you feel is you. I always find that a sporty e class is something that I always love driving. Comfort and luxury when you want it and sporty and quick when you need it.
thanks dude, im not going to be hauling friends around all the time, sometimes a girlfriend , but other then that not much. vote E class, 1, S, 0
Old 12-30-2010 | 01:05 AM

W221 s65 , w220 s55
i would say an e class is the car for you.. its still roomy enough ..brand new and suits better with the age... when u are in your 20's u can get an s class
Old 12-30-2010 | 12:38 PM

S550
If I was you I'd get the E class. I'm 33 now, and have had my S since 2008. Seriously the S is an older mans car, its an amazing ride, but not needed for someone so young. imo.

Besides, I imagine your trying to impress girls. The S is lost on younger ladies.
Old 12-30-2010 | 03:47 PM

2005 S500
For your age get the E class.
Old 12-30-2010 | 06:41 PM

2011 S63 and 2010 GT-R
im 24 and have an 2011 s63 and before that i was 21-24 and had an LS460 lexus... maybe i just think im an old man.... got the GT-R to feel young again though... my vote is with the S, cant really go wrong with a big body benz... i dont really like the styling of the E class just my two cents.
Old 12-30-2010 | 09:59 PM

Pinto
Originally Posted by thenewbie
alright people, how's it going? I, am a newbie, as you can see by my user name. i have tried posting this thread before, but everything i wrote got deleted for whatever reason. but here is long story short, ME, a 16 year old kid needs a new car cause i wrecked my moms '04 e class which was going to be mine in a few month's but now is totaled, any way my parents want to get me a car, and have brought it down to two cars an 08 S class or an 2011 E class, the thing is that I'm going to be using this car for daily school use and local town going to friends houses and such, i have talked to a MB rep and he told me that the S class would not be that good for daily use cause of the v8, and that it would look abnormal for an 16 year to be driving one (S class), but the S is SO much roomier, mainly its the leg room I'm 6ft2 and the S is really nice, my legs don't get all tired and stuff. i really like the E class too and i guess it would be better for a 16 year old too drive. i will be making my decision based on the opinions expressed on this thread. so what would be better based on your opinion guys? thanks. P.S if this thread is in the wrong place, please move it!

TROLL ALERT...TROLL TROLL
Old 01-03-2011 | 11:17 AM

2005 S55, 2002 E430, 2007 CLK350, 1981 380SL
Dont even look at an E...I tried both and the S is ten times the car as the E. Dont worry about the old man thing either...I had a 300SEL 6.3 when I was your age, and people forgot all about the old man thing when I blew their car into the weeds with it.
If you buy an E, you'll just yearn for an S until you get one.
PS. 16 years old is too young for either car, you'll have a good chance of killing yourself in either...remember, you just wrecked the 04 E and it doesnt have near the power you are talking about now...I'm not trying to be a dork, but I would have killed Myself too with this much car at at that age.
Get yourself a regular v-8 and be careful.
Mike