S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

Nouri-shment! projekt resonator delete / TCU flash... complete

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 10:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
opposite-lock...
Nouri-shment! projekt resonator delete / TCU flash... complete

Schpring is schprungin here in NE CT, drive-with-windows-down / audible WOT season as I like to think about it. Life finally settling post-holidaze & year-end bs, good time to address a few little things.

Just got POS back from some blessed xwarranty claimz - ROI's never cease!

After nuking bank2 coilpack daze after ECUflash, it's sister up and f'd ze pooch a few weeks back. Both 'covered' - muwhahaaa.

A case of while-you're-in-thar sets in, and a TCU flash / lowering / resonator & Ypipe delete ensued.

Now... just look @ this disaster (note OEM ball/socket joints, we cut/reused them):

The thought of touching the wheels back down off the lift w/ this clusterfuch of design simply nauseated me. 2 into 1 into "u" crimp into 2 w/ each of the 2 squished flat and 1 of the two into a hard tight 90 into resonators? (that 2into1 center pipe was a rather hilariously enormous whaledick looking gargantuan near square tube)

fuchthat

clusterfuch, begone! (craaapy cellshot sorry):

Cats into (near) straight back straight thru to dual mufflers. Seeing full F to R 3" piping which goes on seemingly forever is a chuckle unto itself, John's work pure artisan...

JNR!

Resultant flow is s0o0o0o0o0ooo exploited, the whole tq curve shifted left - throttle response now near retahded. It's like gaining 1/2 a gear.. insaneo.

and the sound - oh the sound

Power deployment is like igniting a pair o' nuclear reactors - I've never heard one (or 2), but I'd imagine this is what they sound like...

vaWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!! (squared)

to me, the sound now is spot-on - decels are nearly more giggling than accel, imbibes the beast w/ desperately needed character

going out @ lunch for some colleague offerred flyby's and I socannot wait

coupled w/ a Eurocharged TCUflash (further muwahahahaa-age) and some further STAR lowering, the whole chassis is dialed into the tarmac in a delectable ensemble... throttle / gearing / BOOOOOOOOST

TCU flash is worlds better than OE, but a hair short of the S55 logic I experienced - that'd be ideal but this is an acceptable and effective remedy

soon as summer's go back on it hits the rollers for report-back

800whatever tq is wow-inducing... as a passenger, you expect this phenomena (yer not the one 'doing it'). But as a driver here - the OMG'ness is near overwhelming, I find myself chuckling/giggling in sheer disbelief and literal astonishment.

A 70mph stomp @ 2200 produces Saturn5 violence and BAM 140 (light speed too slow - go straight to LUDICROUS SPEED)... it's...

Just

Not

Right

(BRUCIFER!!!!!!)

You've heard it before but I cannnnnnot say enough about working with John @ Broadway Performance. UDAMAN, Johnny!

Worked the big picture from start / finish in such seamless ease and pleasure. Aside from just being a cool car dork (good to be among fellow geeks!), his passion to accommodate please execute deliver shows in every aspect of his work.

Get to North Jersey, if you can - heck - I'm 150mi away(wayway) and I'm already conjuring up a return trip in the coming months.

Fuchyeah!

BMC's or K&N's going in this week to round out the breathing package - intake / tune / exhaust. I think I gained a few mpg's to boot... which... will be summarily dispatched w/ newfound throttle silliness, no doubt...

I encourage any yous enthusinuts out here to experience a tuned M275... any M275 for that matter. It's enlightening, spellbinding!!! There is just no comparison to anything else I've experienced in my years of automotivedom...
Old 03-05-2012, 01:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
W220 S65 AMG
This was funny at first, than began to be tough to read. I forgot my de-dumber at home today... too bad!

Great job on the "burrito" delete (hate that ****ing thing) and looks very clean. I am sure it made a hell of a difference. From what I gather, you're very pleased!
Old 03-05-2012, 09:58 PM

opposite-lock...
well, it's not for everyone

Hmmm... I could dumb it down for you, ala Caveman:

"me-um make-um car sound good"

...but I abhoar See-Spot-Run summaries / descriptions

open your mind, have a little fun... read it again, you'll find all the info's 'there'

otherwise, I discreetly return you to your irregularly unscheduled deprogramming (snorrrrre)...
Old 03-11-2012, 04:36 PM

Garage Temporarily Empty
Originally Posted by Sgt. Schultz

open your mind, have a little fun... read it again, you'll find all the info's 'there'

otherwise, I discreetly return you to your irregularly unscheduled deprogramming (snorrrrre)...
Old 03-12-2012, 11:50 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2003 CL600 2005 745Li
Originally Posted by Oxygen
This was funny at first, than began to be tough to read. I forgot my de-dumber at home today... too bad!

Great job on the "burrito" delete (hate that ****ing thing) and looks very clean. I am sure it made a hell of a difference. From what I gather, you're very pleased!
+1
Old 03-12-2012, 02:15 PM

opposite-lock...
Originally Posted by Sgt. Schultz

+1
Old 03-13-2012, 12:16 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2000 S430, 2000 S500 Both Brilliant Silver!
Not bad, not bad at all.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:38 PM

04 S55 AMG
any sound clips?
Old 03-15-2012, 04:13 PM

opposite-lock...
yes / no

my idjut colleague f'd up trying to camcorder them last week - and he's our IT guy 8-/

I'll give it a 2nd try soon - I will say it probably won't record well

why?

it is ALL SOUND - NO NOISE

that's the best way I can describe it - it's loud w/o being loud, if that makes any sense

it sounds positively evil coming out of the hole tho - subtle evil that is, I'm not one for the overt... esp on a luxobarge and esp soas not to disturb the sleeping Johnny L 8-)