S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

E55 or S55?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 04:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fiscal Neo Con Express
hey guys,

i just got done reading all of the posts in this thread.
one thing i noticed is that the originator of the thread
has yet to post again.

i owned an 02 S55 after my 00 E430.
for me at the time..single mid 30's the
S just became too big...wrong fit.
my mother purchased an 03 E500 and
it is a beautiful car...kind of a mini S but
the back sit has no leg room at all. even
the width of the vehicle disappoints me also.
with two people in the front sit i feel
like my space is being invaded. so it
depends what your looking for and how
you would use each vehicle. if you carry
people more frequently and like more
shoulder room get the S. if these on not
issues get the E.

as for the "accord" comments. the only
similar aspects between the E and the accord
is the interior space. both have pretty much
the same cubic feet with the E having only
slightly more.
Old 02-01-2005, 10:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W215 CL600
Originally Posted by SL BRABUS
You hurt my feeling......... Played out?.......damn where you live it must be bink bink..... ... When I come to your city I will flag down for your E55 class taxi......... :p Look like I get to sit in a one and only E55 taxi in your city......
Yeah, it's "bink bink" where I live dude. You don't even have a clue what you're talking about. You make no sense. Yeah, when you head over to STL, I'll make sure to give you a ride in my AMG Taxi. Then, I'll "shuttle" you in my Viper back to the airport so you can get back to your old, played out, over priced Brabus R129 that no one even cares about anymore.
Old 02-01-2005, 09:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2 SL with every Brabus mods available & Class A competition sound system
Originally Posted by MBAMGPWR
Yeah, it's "bink bink" where I live dude. You don't even have a clue what you're talking about. You make no sense. Yeah, when you head over to STL, I'll make sure to give you a ride in my AMG Taxi. Then, I'll "shuttle" you in my Viper back to the airport so you can get back to your old, played out, over priced Brabus R129 that no one even cares about anymore.
lol.....The more you post this thread the more I laugh... ....When I head down to STL I will flag down for your AMG taxi.......I don't want a ride back in a Viper cause I afraid I won't make the flight on time.... :p ..Use to own that piece of crap and that crap broke down on me 787miles... .....I got all my money back and went out and buy a horse with the yellow background..... :p ..Again you are very funny.......old and played out? Before you say anything go and study your MB history..... ....MB built about 9,000 to 12,000 SL per year......MB built about 100,000+ E class per year..........now which one is played out... ..old? yeah my car is old........As the years past by the SL become "CLASSICS" I hate to say this as for the E class it will never become classics.......it will become a piece of junk as year past by.........If you ever look at MB history.......No E class become "classics".Don't get me wrong here.......E class is a fine car.... .....I ride on it often.... .....

Last edited by SL BRABUS; 02-01-2005 at 11:58 PM.
Old 02-02-2005, 01:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Hey brabus boy

From the looks of the pathetic sig you are a brabus owner for sure. "so everyone can see me" --- not sure about you but I own cars to drive not be seen in. That about sums you up... attention *****. Brabus = looks... not speed.

S55, E55 both are more rare than a V8 R129... who cares if Brabus put a 40k motor in your car... its still slower than an amg motor with the same displacement. Oh well....

And a few more smilies… I don’t think im talking to a 12 year old quite yet. Remember we are here to use words not animated happy faces.
Old 02-02-2005, 02:54 AM

I would say S600, if not go for E55 not S55.
Old 02-02-2005, 10:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W215 CL600
Use to own that piece of crap and that crap broke down on me 787miles... .....I got all my money back and went out and buy a horse with the yellow background
:lol:, A horse with yellow background? What is that? Is it "bink bink" or "bring bring"? I'm interested to see some pics of your yellow car, but I'm sure you'll think up some excuse.

yeah my car is old........As the years past by the SL become "CLASSICS"
Yeah, it's a classic alright. A classic moneypit Brabus POS. I am not interested in owning any "classics". I'm happy that your expert opinion on Mercedes-Benz Classics doesn't include the E-Class, do I care? I would rather own what's now and not live in the past. If I ever wanted to own a "classic" it sure wouldn't be a crappy Brabus R129.

I think most people would agree that a classic Mercedes would be along the lines of the 300 SL (W 198) Gullwing/Roadster, not an everyday R129. And if you think your R129 looks better then my W211 E55, I'm afraid you're in the minority.

Last edited by MBAMGPWR; 02-02-2005 at 10:40 AM.
Old 02-02-2005, 10:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W215 CL600
Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
Hey brabus boy

From the looks of the pathetic sig you are a brabus owner for sure. "so everyone can see me" --- not sure about you but I own cars to drive not be seen in. That about sums you up... attention *****. Brabus = looks... not speed.

S55, E55 both are more rare than a V8 R129... who cares if Brabus put a 40k motor in your car... its still slower than an amg motor with the same displacement. Oh well....

And a few more smilies… I don’t think im talking to a 12 year old quite yet. Remember we are here to use words not animated happy faces.
I totally agree! I still don't know why he insists on "bragging" about an old POS Brabus R129 that no one even cares about. It sucks to have all that money in your car and still get beat by my 55.

His signature says "LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME, I invested a stupid amount of money into my old R129 Classic POS." I vote this guy to have lamest signature in MBWorld history!

Last edited by MBAMGPWR; 02-02-2005 at 10:33 AM.
Old 02-02-2005, 11:47 AM

04 M3, 05 R1
i didn't know people still compare cars by the size only. i thought it stopped back in 1930s.

goddamn it, i didn't want to say it but i am forced now: why get S-class? Lincoln Towncar has plenty of room!!!

forgive me s-class owners. i had to say it.
Old 02-02-2005, 02:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Damn......CynCarvin32 & MBAMGPWR.....Take it easy you guys.....Most of the time I was just joking........Can you guys take a joke.....You guys take it way to seriously with all the thing I posts......I never say I have the best ride in the MB forums or my car is better than your car........It just show how insecure both of you are.....I'm done here.........it useless talking to both of you guys..........You can think whatever you want to think........Nice talking with you guys........

P.S. Mr. MBAMGPWR you post::lol:, A horse with yellow background? What is that? Is it "bink bink" or "bring bring"? I'm interested to see some pics of your yellow car, but I'm sure you'll think up some excuse.

Again Mr. MBAMGPWR you make me laugh.......You know what instead of showing you the pictures of the car......known you will say it somebody else car or I lie......I have you call Ferrari of Beverly Hills....ask for James Del Pozzo (310) 275-4400.....tell him you want to know if SL Brabus bought a red F575M from him.......You want to know what a horse with a yellow background is.........

Last edited by SL BRABUS; 02-03-2005 at 01:26 AM.
Old 02-06-2005, 12:04 PM

e55211 traded in for CLS55
Originally Posted by rslpartners
PEOPLE....THIS WILL BE MY FINAL AND LAST POST TO THIS TREAD....CAUSE I JUST DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS CRAP.

Obviously, based on 04E55 AMG's last post....we have understood each other and made amends. AGAIN...THIS IS AN INFORMATIONAL FORUM! AND I had no intentions of offending him and others in the first place. Thank God people like wiz357 had enough decency to disregard the non-sense and just post his opinion of whether he/she liked the E55 or S55.

I would assume that people that can afford these types of vehicles are obviously well educated people! From reading this forum...I don't know anymore!

Some of you act like you came straight out of the ghetto!
What value did you people bring to this thread (MrAMG, adx, termigni) by continuing on with my "honda accord" scenario???

Especially MrAMG and adx, you people brought NO value to this thread at all, but trying to add more lighter fluid to the fire that has been long put out!!! READ 04E55 AMG's last comments! I thought it was very noble of him! AND THANK GOD HE'S EDUCATED ENOUGH TO READ BETWEEN THE LINES TO KNOW WHERE I WAS COMING FROM.

I WILL NOT APOLOGIZE FOR MY COMMENTS....I AM ENTITLED TO MY OPINIONS!
AH....THERE IS A THING CALLED FREEDOM OF SPEECH...DUH!

I was not comparing engine size, etc...etc....
As I was in the process of purchasing my 2nd S55 (previously owning an '02), my wife asked me to consider an E55....obviously because of size differences...she felt that it would be more managable to drive for her as oppose to a larger vehicle.

The first thing I did in my evaluation was to sit in the back of it because I feel (my opinion again people!) that a passenger vehicle should be just as comfortable and roomy as the front. Also....there are times when I sit in the back to do work while my wife shops or whatever.

The space was quite tight like a honda accord (in my opinion!)
I looked at the back of the vehicle...that's just what it reminded me of....PERIOD!

AGAIN LIKE IT OR NOT....THAT'S JUST WHAT IT REMINDED ME OF....AND THAT WAS THE HONEST TRUTH! PERIOD!!!!!!

IF YOU GUYS HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IT....TOO BAD!!!!

THE S CLASS MAY REMIND YOU OF A YUGO!!! IF THAT'S YOUR HONEST OPINION....I CAN RESPECT THAT!!!

GIVE ME A FREAKIN BREAK PEOPLE!!!

BY the way....there's nothing wrong with a Honda Accord! They are nice vehicles too. Perhaps some of you have your noses so high up in the air....you guys probably never sat in one!

Is S55 like a honda accord too per termigni? SURE....WHY NOT!!!
I REALLY DON'T GIVE A DAMN WHAT PEOPLE THINK ....I HAVE THE CAPACITY TO DO AND BUY WHATEVER I WANT!

I EVEN COMPARED MY FERRARI F355 SPIDER TO CRAP!

NOW PEOPLE.....GET A LIFE.....FOCUS ON THE THREAD...NOT THE PEOPLE!
IF YOU HAVE NOTHING TO SAY....STOP POSTING CRAP! IF IT REALLY MAKES YOU FEEL SUPERIOR TO CONTINUE POSTING ATTACKING COMMENTS.......POSTING CHILDISH LOONY CHARACTERS....WHATEVER.....GO RIGHT AHEAD BROTHER! DO WHAT YOU DO BEST!

I'M SURE SOME OF US READ THESE THREADS FOR OPINIONS AND INFORMATION.....NOT CRAP!

BY THE WAY termigni...THANKS FOR THE COMPLIMENT! AT LEAST YOU DID SAY SOMETHING NICE!

04E55 AMG - WAY TO GO! MY ORDER IS FOR A SPIDER TOO...WOULDN'T HAVE IT ANY OTHER WAY....AND YES...MY WIFE SAYS THE SAME THING TO ME ABOUT SPENDING TOO MUCH MONEY ON CARS. THE FLIP SIDE IS....SHE DOESN'T HOLD ME BACK CAUSE SHE KNOWS I WORK HARD....AND THEREFORE....MUST PLAY HARD. TAKE CARE!

FOR THE REST OF YOU TROUBLE MAKERS.....HAVE A NICE LIFE!
You input that "E is like an accord is a valauble information?!?!" Which is by the way a very stupid and offending comment!
Old 02-07-2005, 11:45 PM

04 S55 ////AMG, 04 Yukon XL Denali, 02 BMW X5 4.4i, SL65 ////AMG
S55 by far, why even consider the E? Then you gotta Brabus it
Old 02-08-2005, 03:14 PM

e55211 traded in for CLS55
Another one...

Originally Posted by BrabusS55AMG
S55 by far, why even consider the E? Then you gotta Brabus it

His signature says "LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME, I invested a stupid amount of money into my old R129 Classic POS." I vote this guy to have lamest signature in MBWorld history!
Old 02-08-2005, 04:16 PM

2005 Kleemann Stage 3 E55
There are a some people on this thread that need a bullet or a hug.
Old 02-08-2005, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by MrAMG
Old 02-10-2005, 12:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MrAMG
Blah, Blah, Blah… …….Thank you for voting and thinking that I have a lamest signature..... ...Somebody once told me that if you have to think before buying something, it mean you can't afford it..... ....This car is not an investment it a hobby.... ...That's why BRABUS is not for everybody..... ..
Old 02-10-2005, 12:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
Blah, Blah, Blah… …….Thank you for voting and thinking that I have a lamest signature..... ...Somebody once told me that if you have to think before buying something, it mean you can't afford it..... ....This car is not an investment it a hobby.... ...That's why BRABUS is not for everybody..... ..
Saw your car Brabus boy. It’s a bit ... well how I say it.... its less than beautiful. Most brabus cars are black not Smoke Silver (1991 R129 if I guessed correct). Brabus is such a waste of money that in the used car market their upgrades pull less than 10 cents on the dollar. I sold a Brabus CL500 5.8L full conversion with a new purchase price of 167k for a whopping 63k after 3 years. The car was in great shape but a used brabus is almost worthless. It sold for what 5k more than a used CL500? And believe me I felt lucky for getting that much for the car. When a brake job costs 10k because brabus rips you off for parts you know the car has no re-sale value. I would take off the Alcon brakes and put on some brembo's because you can replace brembo rotors for a reasonable price and stay out of that brabus service shop.

I raced a E 6.1L brabus car in my C32 (when I had one) and the C32 won. Go figure that the 400+ hp brabus car could not keep up with a stock C32. Oh well I think we all know who got shafted when they purchased their car.

But the best touch on the R129 was the plastic covers over the seats. I would rather sit on leather but again that is just me.

P.S. If you sig was not lame why did you change it?

Last edited by CynCarvin32; 02-10-2005 at 04:12 PM.
Old 02-10-2005, 12:14 PM

WOW SL Brabus, you need to get over your old school SL... Just because it's Brabus doesn't make it that great. Your signature is so gay- "every available mod" all this bragging ****, but bottom line, I could buy 2-3 of your exact car for the price of my SL65. Brabus is good and everything, I know- I have a Brabus S55- but I don't list every mod and things I've put into mine. Grow up and stop bragging, no one really cares about your SL.
Old 02-10-2005, 03:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Saw your car Brabus boy. Its a bit ... well how do I say it.... its less than beautiful. Most brabus cars are black not Smoke Silver (1991 R129 if I guessed correct). Brabus is such a waste of money that in the used car market their upgrades pull less than 10 cents on the dollar. I sold a Brabus CL500 5.8L full conversion with a new purchase price of 167k for a whopping 63k after 3 years. The car was in great shape but a used brabus is almost worthless. It sold for what 5k more than a used CL500? And believe me I felt lucky for getting that much for the car. When a brake job costs 10k because brabus rips you off for parts you know the car has no re-sale value. I would take off the Alcon brakes and put on some brembo's because you can replace brembo rotors for a reasonable price and stay out of that brabus service shop.

I raced a E 6.1L brabus car in my C32 (when I had one) and the C32 won. Go figure that the 400+ hp brabus car could not keep up with a stock C32. Oh well I think we all know who got shafted when they purchased their car.

But the best touch on the R129 was the plastic covers over the seats. I would rather sit on leather but again that is just me.
Blah, Blah, Blah……Smoke Silver 1991? If you not sure don‘t say anything….Mr.CynCarvin32 you always say who care about my car……..why do you care so much then……..I don’t even care what people think about my car because than not the only car I have…Why do you down grade CL500 to C32 and if the C32 such a great car why don‘t you keep it? Where did we did get off on the wrong foot……. Please take no offense to what I say…Here your reward for beating the Brabus E 6.1L……..and as always I like to joke around……

Last edited by SL BRABUS; 02-10-2005 at 03:52 PM.
Old 02-10-2005, 03:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

WOW SL Brabus, you need to get over your old school SL... Just because it's Brabus doesn't make it that great. Your signature is so gay- "every available mod" all this bragging ****, but bottom line, I could buy 2-3 of your exact car for the price of my SL65. Brabus is good and everything, I know- I have a Brabus S55- but I don't list every mod and things I've put into mine. Grow up and stop bragging, no one really cares about your SL.

Mr.BrabusS55AMG read all the posts before you say something……..most of the posts I always joking…….Again yeah nobody care what I have…and I don‘t care too because that not the only car I have….but if nobody care then why do you read what I have to say and care so much…….look who bragging saying he got SL65 in order…….I will not say until I got the car……..If I bragging I lists all the cars that I drive just like you…….which I don’t……..and what that chrome AMG dubs………I though you drive a Brabus car.......not a Chrome AMG dubs car......... :p
Old 02-10-2005, 04:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
Blah, Blah, Blah……Smoke Silver 1991? If you not sure don‘t say anything….Mr.CynCarvin32 you always say who care about my car……..why do you care so much then……..I don’t even care what people think about my car because than not the only car I have…Why do you down grade CL500 to C32 and if the C32 such a great car why don‘t you keep it? Where did we did get off on the wrong foot……. Please take no offense to what I say…Here your reward for beating the Brabus E 6.1L……..and as always I like to joke around……
Thank you for the cookies... I actually need to go eat lunch so that made me remember its lunchtime.

As for downgrading cars I have several cars from many different price ranges. I don't bother listing things all over the place because I think that's tacky. No one needs to know what I drive unless I feel like telling him or her.

I only attack you Brabus because your sig is pompous and you parade yourself around like a Mercedes Benz God. You constantly insult board members by telling them you have a brabus while they do not or by saying go buy a real car like a brabus. When I see people act like children I tend to tell them the reality of the situation. So the fact remains that while the Brabus 1991 R129 is a great car, any AMG made after 2003 is faster than your car and they are more rare. In addition AMG cars will hold their value longer and last longer than a Brabus car so in the end I would rather spend 120k for a S55k then 160k for a Brabus CLS500 6.1L.

On a side note I have a quick question for you Brabus. I was at the AMG meet last weekend and I am not sure if we met. I like having a face to go with people on MBworld.org so what were you wearing that day. Have any photos of yourself with your car that day or a photo of just yourself? Thanks!

Last edited by CynCarvin32; 02-10-2005 at 04:51 PM.
Old 02-10-2005, 06:36 PM
Super Moderator

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
I think SL Brabus was wearing the Brabus shirt and the sombrero ?
Old 02-10-2005, 07:13 PM

Mr.BrabusS55AMG read all the posts before you say something……..most of the posts I always joking…….Again yeah nobody care what I have…and I don‘t care too because that not the only car I have….but if nobody care then why do you read what I have to say and care so much…….look who bragging saying he got SL65 in order…….I will not say until I got the car……..If I bragging I lists all the cars that I drive just like you…….which I don’t……..and what that chrome AMG dubs………I though you drive a Brabus car.......not a Chrome AMG dubs car......... :p
The chrome AMG wheels look alot better IMO than the stock Brabus ones
Old 02-10-2005, 07:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thank you for the cookies... I actually need to go eat lunch so that made me remember its lunchtime.

As for downgrading cars I have several cars from many different price ranges. I don't bother listing things all over the place because I think that's tacky. No one needs to know what I drive unless I feel like telling him or her.

I only attack you Brabus because your sig is pompous and you parade yourself around like a Mercedes Benz God. You constantly insult board members by telling them you have a brabus while they do not or by saying go buy a real car like a brabus. When I see people act like children I tend to tell them the reality of the situation. So the fact remains that while the Brabus 1991 R129 is a great car, any AMG made after 2003 is faster than your car and they are more rare. In addition AMG cars will hold their value longer and last longer than a Brabus car so in the end I would rather spend 120k for a S55k then 160k for a Brabus CLS500 6.1L.

On a side note I have a quick question for you Brabus. I was at the AMG meet last weekend and I am not sure if we met. I like having a face to go with people on MBworld.org so what were you wearing that day. Have any photos of yourself with your car that day or a photo of just yourself? Thanks!
lol..........I happy that you like the cookie......I don't mean to insult board members........As always I like to joke around with people.........I met a lot of nice people at the AMG meeting.........and see a lot of nice cars.........I don't have any problem with the people at the meeting.........All the people there at the meeting know I like to joke around and have fun.......That what make life fun........

Last edited by SL BRABUS; 02-10-2005 at 07:39 PM.
Old 02-10-2005, 07:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by awiner
I think SL Brabus was wearing the Brabus shirt and the sombrero ?
That me....... :p
Old 02-10-2005, 07:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The chrome AMG wheels look alot better IMO than the stock Brabus ones
Oh......ok.......

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: E55 or S55?