S63 AMG, S63 AMG 4Matic, S65 AMG (W222, V222) 2014 -2021
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Renntech tuned S65 thoughts, Fidelity warranty applicable?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2020, 06:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 Z06
Renntech tuned S65 thoughts, Fidelity warranty applicable?

Hello,

I am looking at a 2016 S65 coupe with 16k miles that has been tuned by Renntech--it has had ECU, suspension, and transmission tunes.

The dealer says the owner does this to all of his AMG vehicles.

What are your thoughts on this? Would a Fidelity warranty still be applicable? I do not tune my cars or modify them, so I dont have experience in this matter. The factory warranty has expired. Is this something I should stay away from, or should I go for it?

Thank you in advance
Old 08-20-2020, 10:50 PM

Received 172 Likes on 109 Posts
18 MB S63, 2022 911 Turbo S, 23 BMW M5C
Originally Posted by Javaid Chaudhry
Hello,

I am looking at a 2016 S65 coupe with 16k miles that has been tuned by Renntech--it has had ECU, suspension, and transmission tunes.

The dealer says the owner does this to all of his AMG vehicles.

What are your thoughts on this? Would a Fidelity warranty still be applicable? I do not tune my cars or modify them, so I dont have experience in this matter. The factory warranty has expired. Is this something I should stay away from, or should I go for it?

Thank you in advance
Post a link! Hard to judge a car without seeing pics and more details. A 2016 S65 is a very very rare car. If you can afford to fix it when it breaks... and you love it so much, and you had it checked out... and you love the color combination and you have to have it, and you want a 12 cylinder, and you realize it could be quite expensive to fix since it's an S65 when it breaks then.... omg... GET IT! Hottest car for the money. Personally, I live in the Northeast where it snows and gets icy so an AWD was much preferred. EDIT!!! Disregard, I found the car. It's GORGEOUS!!! If you like this color combo, it's $262k new, you should definitely get this coupe. STUNNING!!!!!

Last edited by stever500; 08-20-2020 at 11:00 PM.
Old 08-21-2020, 02:58 AM

2017 Z06
Originally Posted by stever500
Post a link! Hard to judge a car without seeing pics and more details. A 2016 S65 is a very very rare car. If you can afford to fix it when it breaks... and you love it so much, and you had it checked out... and you love the color combination and you have to have it, and you want a 12 cylinder, and you realize it could be quite expensive to fix since it's an S65 when it breaks then.... omg... GET IT! Hottest car for the money. Personally, I live in the Northeast where it snows and gets icy so an AWD was much preferred. EDIT!!! Disregard, I found the car. It's GORGEOUS!!! If you like this color combo, it's $262k new, you should definitely get this coupe. STUNNING!!!!!

that is my fear; I don’t want to be stuck paying an arm and a leg for it to be in the shop =\ I almost wonder if it’s better for me to get a noN modified one to reduce the anxiety and stress! Especially if these are prone to breaking down if modified
Old 08-21-2020, 02:41 PM

Received 172 Likes on 109 Posts
18 MB S63, 2022 911 Turbo S, 23 BMW M5C
Totally up to you... I wouldn't be qualified to comment on that but you may be right here. Maybe if you could talk to a service advisor at the MB dealer you'd be taking it to and get his opinion on all this, I think that would be best. Amazing car, the S65 Coupe. Jealous!!!
Old 08-21-2020, 06:40 PM

Received 127 Likes on 85 Posts
E55
I have Renntech stuff on my 15 S550 that is only dealer serviced. I have had a turbo issue and even a rough run condition all covered under warranty. My car is even Renntech badged. I had my G550 also Renntech done and no issues and both under factory warranties. I gave them the dongle to refresh if needed. never heard a word about warranty issue. Actually they all loved the way the car sounded. Look at Renntech dealers in your area. Most likely there is an actual MB dealership that is a Renntech shop. iI believe F Jones the largest volume dealer is a Renntech shop.

Honestly especially if you are in CA and have to deal with the 91 octane Weistec makes more power but Renntech is the safe way to go.

S65 with a tune is a torque monster. I couldn't believe it would ever hook up as mine cant with about 200ft lbs shy of what you will have. I love power so I would go for it.
The following users liked this post:
stever500 (08-21-2020)
Old 08-21-2020, 08:54 PM

2017 Z06
Originally Posted by DABRONX
I have Renntech stuff on my 15 S550 that is only dealer serviced. I have had a turbo issue and even a rough run condition all covered under warranty. My car is even Renntech badged. I had my G550 also Renntech done and no issues and both under factory warranties. I gave them the dongle to refresh if needed. never heard a word about warranty issue. Actually they all loved the way the car sounded. Look at Renntech dealers in your area. Most likely there is an actual MB dealership that is a Renntech shop. iI believe F Jones the largest volume dealer is a Renntech shop.

Honestly especially if you are in CA and have to deal with the 91 octane Weistec makes more power but Renntech is the safe way to go.

S65 with a tune is a torque monster. I couldn't believe it would ever hook up as mine cant with about 200ft lbs shy of what you will have. I love power so I would go for it.
thanks for all the info and help
the tuned one did intrigue me, but ultimately not having any car knowledge, and not as much disposable income to deal with potential issues, I passed on that.

I owned a M7 17 Z06 and never got use out of all that power, it was too much (i am also an amateur stick driver.. not no pro)!

anyways, I’ve agreed to a deal on this one... 😈😈😈 never thought I would be getting something like this!

https://www.velocitymc.com/vehicle-d...d93cbf84630ce2
Old 08-21-2020, 09:49 PM

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
2020 G63

I sold my S65 2016 , One of my biggest mistakes

Trending Topics

Old 08-23-2020, 02:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 550 Likes on 407 Posts
222 S-65
OP will Fidelity write a warranty for your car?

I couldn't get any aftermarket warranty company to write a warranty for my 221 S-65.