S63 AMG, S63 AMG 4Matic, S65 AMG (W222, V222) 2014 -2021

S63 Maintenance & Service Schedule

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2021, 03:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S class
S63 Maintenance & Service Schedule

Maybe I am terrible at google searching for it, but I cannot for the life of me find the maintenance schedule for a 2018 S63.

The car is CPO'd and at 30k miles, and the transmission seems to be shifting in a very jerky manner. I dropped it off at the dealership, and they're claiming I need a transmission fluid change at the 30k mile mark and that is the reason it is behaving as such.

I tried searching to see if the AMG requires it sooner than the non-AMG S class (which seems to be 60kish mileage mark), but no luck finding it.

Anyone with a PDF or link for the maintenance schedule? Does 30k mile mark seem a bit early for transmission fluid to be the culprit?

Thanks!
Old 03-23-2021, 07:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts
S-class
Originally Posted by pers785
Maybe I am terrible at google searching for it, but I cannot for the life of me find the maintenance schedule for a 2018 S63.

The car is CPO'd and at 30k miles, and the transmission seems to be shifting in a very jerky manner. I dropped it off at the dealership, and they're claiming I need a transmission fluid change at the 30k mile mark and that is the reason it is behaving as such.

I tried searching to see if the AMG requires it sooner than the non-AMG S class (which seems to be 60kish mileage mark), but no luck finding it.

Anyone with a PDF or link for the maintenance schedule? Does 30k mile mark seem a bit early for transmission fluid to be the culprit?

Thanks!
30k miles transmission fluid change is correct. You can also try and do a trans reset yourself.

1) with the car off.
2)press gas pedal all the way down,and hold.
3)turn the car to its “ACC position. With/out starting engine. (Press start button 2x).
4) hold the gas pedal for about 20 seconds.

Now start car normally. You have just done a transmission reset. Good luck!
Old 03-23-2021, 07:34 PM

S class
Originally Posted by phatisfy
30k miles transmission fluid change is correct. You can also try and do a trans reset yourself.

1) with the car off.
2)press gas pedal all the way down,and hold.
3)turn the car to its “ACC position. With/out starting engine. (Press start button 2x).
4) hold the gas pedal for about 20 seconds.

Now start car normally. You have just done a transmission reset. Good luck!
Thanks for confirming!

I suppose I could try to reset it, but since I'm at 30k miles and I'm technically due for one, might as well get the fluid changed.

Spoke to an independent shop and they're recommending I actually change the transfer case and differential fluid as well according to what they've seen with other S classes, and their estimate is still substantially cheaper than the one at Mercedes (for just transmission fluid/filter).
Old 03-23-2021, 08:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S-class
Thanks for confirming!

I suppose I could try to reset it, but since I'm at 30k miles and I'm technically due for one, might as well get the fluid changed.

Spoke to an independent shop and they're recommending I actually change the transfer case and differential fluid as well according to what they've seen with other S classes, and their estimate is still substantially cheaper than the one at Mercedes (for just transmission fluid/filter).
Dealers will always overcharge. If you can find an reliable independent repair shop that specialize in these cars. That’s your best bet.
Old 03-24-2021, 02:07 PM

S class
Originally Posted by phatisfy
Dealers will always overcharge. If you can find an reliable independent repair shop that specialize in these cars. That’s your best bet.
Yes I'm definitely grateful to have a decent number of independent shops around.

Any chance anyone has access to the maintenance schedule for this vehicle? The Service A and B is easy enough to follow, but what about these other things like transmission fluid changes and rear axle oil changes? Would love to see a schedule that spells it out for me!

Thanks
Old 03-24-2021, 04:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S-class
Yes I'm definitely grateful to have a decent number of independent shops around.

Any chance anyone has access to the maintenance schedule for this vehicle? The Service A and B is easy enough to follow, but what about these other things like transmission fluid changes and rear axle oil changes? Would love to see a schedule that spells it out for me!

Thanks
Just call your service advisor. They should be able to give you all that info.
Old 04-15-2022, 07:28 AM

05 s600 tt
2018 s63 maintenance

Hello friend. Did you ever seem to find out what the issue with your 2108 s63 was? I am having the same issue with mine now. 4.0 with 9 speed. Dealer told me the same thing.