Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2016, 05:28 PM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
One Week Sale! Discounted ECU Tunes!

Sale has ended.

Last edited by sales@eurocharged.com; 05-22-2017 at 10:55 AM.
Old 06-09-2016, 06:40 PM

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
2012 E63
Oh man..........

Bye bye CPO warranty LOL
Old 06-09-2016, 07:15 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2014 E63S Steel Grey/Beige Nappa, Lexus GX470, Honda Accord
Pass.
Old 06-09-2016, 09:36 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2014 E63s
on your website you advertise 643HP / 705TQ, are those numbers at the wheels?
Old 06-10-2016, 01:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 AMG E63S, 2015 Lamborghini Aventador
I have been following the following thread and was disappointed if EC was the tuner who tuned the OP E63 and didn't tune the car correctly ( misdrilled the ECU and ask the customer to pay for shipping to and from when not hitting the numbers ). I believe members are waiting for cleaifcation before making the investment. Hopefully EC can clear things up.

https://mbworld.org/forums/w212-amg/...1-8-120-a.html
The following users liked this post:
2012 CCB E63 (06-10-2016)
Old 06-10-2016, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by amsamge63
I have been following the following thread and was disappointed if EC was the tuner who tuned the OP E63 and didn't tune the car correctly ( misdrilled the ECU and ask the customer to pay for shipping to and from when not hitting the numbers ). I believe members are waiting for cleaifcation before making the investment. Hopefully EC can clear things up.

Agreed. Especially surprised they never made an attempt to correct this or even to find out more about the issue via a simple reply to that thread.
Old 06-10-2016, 11:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
CLS63 PP

Ec doesn't miss drill anything. There are two ways to get to the ecu pin that requires grounding to put the ecu into bootloader mode to flash it. You can heat the whole casing and pry the lid off which could possibly lead to damage, or you can drill the heat sync side right above the back side of the board. Both are valid ways to access the tricore ecu for grounds. Eurocharged chooses to do one way, renntech another.

Second the op in that thread dynoed the car and it made what most tuned m157s make..Ie 570s to 590s. Not really sure what he was expecting. Anyone who actually knows these cars isn't surprised. What ever his expectations, he got what he paid for. All tuners have the same tools to work with. Your best bet is to go with someone local that you can dyno tune with if possible. But for mail order tune, 570 to 590 is respectable!
Old 06-11-2016, 12:37 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 E63 AMG, 2013 E350 4matic (SOLD), 2006 C55 AMG (SOLD)
Originally Posted by KLR CLS
Ec doesn't miss drill anything. There are two ways to get to the ecu pin that requires grounding to put the ecu into bootloader mode to flash it. You can heat the whole casing and pry the lid off which could possibly lead to damage, or you can drill the heat sync side right above the back side of the board. Both are valid ways to access the tricore ecu for grounds. Eurocharged chooses to do one way, renntech another.

Second the op in that thread dynoed the car and it made what most tuned m157s make..Ie 570s to 590s. Not really sure what he was expecting. Anyone who actually knows these cars isn't surprised. What ever his expectations, he got what he paid for. All tuners have the same tools to work with. Your best bet is to go with someone local that you can dyno tune with if possible. But for mail order tune, 570 to 590 is respectable!
I was not going to comment here, but I do want to clarify on the dyno number. Although I had posted the dyno number, I'm not entirely sure how accurate that number is given the dyno was somewhat inconclusive as I explained in my thread. According to the drag time calculator (11.882et, 120.64mph, 4280 curb weight), my car is roughly making 545hp at the flywheel.

As far as my expectation from the tune, I was expecting to trap at least @124-125mph despite of my "unprofessional" driving skills. In my opinion, that's pretty conservative considering my mods (catless downpipes/high flow air filters). As I understand it (someone correct me if I'm wrong), the trap speed will tell you about hp to weight and the et will tell you about the launch/traction. Another forum member posted his time slip and his 60ft time was barely any better than mine yet he trapped @124mph. In fact, my 1/8 mile time was quicker. None the less, my trap speed was 4mph slower. And I assure you I didn't let off the gas.

In any event, I'm going out to the track again this Sunday. The setup of my car will be identical as my last run except it's going to be at a different track.

I do agree with KLR CLS, "I got what I paid for...cheap tune" which ended up being not so cheap LOL.

Last edited by silvers2k; 06-11-2016 at 01:18 AM.
Old 06-11-2016, 12:40 AM

I read somewhere that the OP when from EC to Renntech and Renntech wouldn't warranty their standard 3 years on the bad ECU from initial tune.
Old 06-11-2016, 10:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63 PP
Originally Posted by silvers2k
I was not going to comment here, but I do want to clarify on the dyno number. Although I had posted the dyno number, I'm not entirely sure how accurate that number is given the dyno was somewhat inconclusive as I explained in my thread. According to the drag time calculator (11.882et, 120.64mph, 4280 curb weight), my car is roughly making 545hp at the flywheel.

As far as my expectation from the tune, I was expecting to trap at least @124-125mph despite of my "unprofessional" driving skills. In my opinion, that's pretty conservative considering my mods (catless downpipes/high flow air filters). As I understand it (someone correct me if I'm wrong), the trap speed will tell you about hp to weight and the et will tell you about the launch/traction. Another forum member posted his time slip and his 60ft time was barely any better than mine yet he trapped @124mph. In fact, my 1/8 mile time was quicker. None the less, my trap speed was 4mph slower. And I assure you I didn't let off the gas.

In any event, I'm going out to the track again this Sunday. The setup of my car will be identical as my last run except it's going to be at a different track.

I do agree with KLR CLS, "I got what I paid for...cheap tune" which ended up being not so cheap LOL.
There are really lots of reasons for a lower trap speed as you've probably already heard. Best thing for you to do is dyno on the same dyno with the rt tune and see if there is a difference. Then hit the track again under same conditions. Right now you are dissapointed with your cars et and trap. There are lots of variables there with tune only being one. Did you run the car stock? Did you dyno stock? If no, you really have no comparator.
Old 06-11-2016, 10:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63 PP
I read somewhere that the OP when from EC to Renntech and Renntech wouldn't warranty their standard 3 years on the bad ECU from initial tune.
Again, ec does one way, rt another. Both are valid ways. Rt simply stated because it was already done one way that they can't confirm there won't be any problems, which is there perogative. Would you Warranty work someone else, you don't know did? Doesn't mean something was done wrong, just not the way you wild perhaps do it. Get it?
Old 06-11-2016, 12:24 PM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
Originally Posted by EddieK
Agreed. Especially surprised they never made an attempt to correct this or even to find out more about the issue via a simple reply to that thread.

There is no need to fan the flames. We know what we are doing. We know the quality of our work. Our customers know the benefits of our tunes and products. At this point it's all he said she said and that creates nothing but misinformation. We stand by our products and our team here at Eurocharged.

In the end, if you want the best gains, bang for your buck, and exceptional customer service, you go to Eurocharged.

We wish the disgruntled customer the best of luck with his build and future endeavours.
Old 06-11-2016, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by sales@eurocharged.com
There is no need to fan the flames. We know what we are doing. We know the quality of our work. Our customers know the benefits of our tunes and products. At this point it's all he said she said and that creates nothing but misinformation. We stand by our products and our team here at Eurocharged.
Ok, I wasn't going to jump back in(or fanning the flames as you put it), but you sound like you run a perfect company over there and that there could be nothing done wrong on your end. How you get "post a simple reply to get more information" into "we know what we are doing" is a way a company so confident of the way they do business that they never acknowledge mistakes and in a few years wonders why their business fails.

Heck, I don't have a dog in this fight, but the response given by you and your company ensures I would never do business with Eurocharged. But judging by your above post, you could care less, which is perfectly fine.
Old 06-11-2016, 08:16 PM

I understand your point, but here is what I can't get pass. I wouldnt want to warranty someone else's previouse work, nor would I let an unsatisfied customer walk away from my work without making it right. Jumping from one tuner to another must take face value when it's done.

Originally Posted by KLR CLS
Again, ec does one way, rt another. Both are valid ways. Rt simply stated because it was already done one way that they can't confirm there won't be any problems, which is there perogative. Would you Warranty work someone else, you don't know did? Doesn't mean something was done wrong, just not the way you wild perhaps do it. Get it?
Old 06-11-2016, 09:53 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 E63 AMG, 2013 E350 4matic (SOLD), 2006 C55 AMG (SOLD)
Deleted - decided not to further comment on this thread but I will update my own thread above.

Last edited by silvers2k; 06-11-2016 at 10:00 PM.
Old 06-12-2016, 01:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 E63
I have had two tunes by EC.
one on my M5 which i sold
and another on my E63 which i love.
Nothing but great service by the EC team and Jerry.
The car has opened up. It will burn rubber thru the first 3 gears.
It is a night and day difference.
Im sure there are better tunes out there but for the price and the service I have gotten you can not beat EC.
I have a Carrera 4s cab that I will be using there tune on once I get the cross over pipes installed and BMC filters.
Im just a regular guy who likes performance cars who wants that extra WOW with good customer service whith out breaking the bank. EC has done it for me twice and hopefully a third time soon.
Old 06-12-2016, 06:34 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
MY06 E55
Hi, this E63 biturbo tune.
How can I find more info on it ? and how do I go about it ?
Old 06-14-2016, 11:00 PM
AHI

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts
AMG GTR
Originally Posted by EddieK
Ok, I wasn't going to jump back in(or fanning the flames as you put it), but you sound like you run a perfect company over there and that there could be nothing done wrong on your end. How you get "post a simple reply to get more information" into "we know what we are doing" is a way a company so confident of the way they do business that they never acknowledge mistakes and in a few years wonders why their business fails.

Heck, I don't have a dog in this fight, but the response given by you and your company ensures I would never do business with Eurocharged. But judging by your above post, you could care less, which is perfectly fine.
Hmm, you want him to acknowledge a mistake when he hasn't made one yet? I don't get it. He was mature enough to not post or defend himself, and in turn didn't fan the flame. There are tons of other members running the exact same tune with great results.... If he has 600 cars running the same tune, and one customer is having issues that are most likely not related to the tune, and we still do not know what is wrong with that car....

I don't have a dog in this fight either, but flaming him for defending himself on his own for sale thread, is not right on your part either.

They do know what they are doing, EC has a background in tuning.... This is what they do. So yes, I do want to hear a business owner defend himself by saying "we know what we are doing".... Especially when he hasn't done anything wrong.
Old 06-14-2016, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by AHI
Hmm, you want him to acknowledge a mistake when he hasn't made one yet? I don't get it. He was mature enough to not post or defend himself, and in turn didn't fan the flame. There are tons of other members running the exact same tune with great results.... If he has 600 cars running the same tune, and one customer is having issues that are most likely not related to the tune, and we still do not know what is wrong with that car....

I don't have a dog in this fight either, but flaming him for defending himself on his own for sale thread, is not right on your part either.

They do know what they are doing, EC has a background in tuning.... This is what they do. So yes, I do want to hear a business owner defend himself by saying "we know what we are doing".... Especially when he hasn't done anything wrong.
Like I said, a simple message to the poster asking for additional information harms no one. Without that, saying "we know what we are doing" and treating the customer like it was his fault is not the way to provide customer service, even if the problem wasn't caused by them.
The following users liked this post:
Astolfo (06-15-2016)