Sponsored by:

Stuttgart Car Museum/Factory Tours Advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2017, 05:01 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
AMG C63s Coupe & F56 JCW
Stuttgart Car Museum/Factory Tours Advice

I have just decided I need a Petrol Head trip towards year end so flights cheap to Stuttgart so plan to look at Mercedes and Porsche museum/factory tours and head to AMG factory to visit for the 50 years celebration is it possible to meet the engine maker? so plan to do that when they are celebrating 50 years of AMG.
Looking for advice and tips from anyone that has been for other stuff to do and see so I can start my planning for my annual petrol head trip.
Any good contact details would be great I plan to have a look at V8 hotel as well and would be good to know public transport good for trip to AMG factory or best to hire a car, TIA
Old 07-10-2017, 07:41 AM

Received 97 Likes on 90 Posts
911 991 TTS, Audi RS6 C7 Performance Edition, AMG GTS
Originally Posted by AMGC63S
I have just decided I need a Petrol Head trip towards year end so flights cheap to Stuttgart so plan to look at Mercedes and Porsche museum/factory tours and head to AMG factory to visit for the 50 years celebration is it possible to meet the engine maker? so plan to do that when they are celebrating 50 years of AMG.
Looking for advice and tips from anyone that has been for other stuff to do and see so I can start my planning for my annual petrol head trip.
Any good contact details would be great I plan to have a look at V8 hotel as well and would be good to know public transport good for trip to AMG factory or best to hire a car, TIA
I went a year ago on a similar trip with my sons. Stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn, Neckar Park which is walking distance from the Mercedes Museum.

Mercedes Museum is excellent, there's a huge showroom attached to it too. Very impressed with the Museum generally.

The Porsche Museum isn't as big but it is still an absolute must on the list. The Porsche factory tour needs to be booked before you go in plenty of time depending on the time of the year. The tour is superb and you get very close to where the techs are installing parts.

Sadly I didn't get time to look into Mercedes factory tours.
The following users liked this post:
AMGC63S (07-10-2017)
Old 07-10-2017, 11:00 AM

06 Civic Si / 14 Jeep GC SRT / 16 C63s (Dead) / 17 C63s (Ordered)
That is a very nice trip. How many days are you planning on spending? The BMW tour in Munich is also very good. End of the year trip? When are you thinking?
AMGC63S (07-10-2017)
Old 07-10-2017, 01:26 PM

AMG C63s Coupe & F56 JCW
Originally Posted by DragonRR
I went a year ago on a similar trip with my sons. Stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn, Neckar Park which is walking distance from the Mercedes Museum.

Mercedes Museum is excellent, there's a huge showroom attached to it too. Very impressed with the Museum generally.

The Porsche Museum isn't as big but it is still an absolute must on the list. The Porsche factory tour needs to be booked before you go in plenty of time depending on the time of the year. The tour is superb and you get very close to where the techs are installing parts.

Sadly I didn't get time to look into Mercedes factory tours.
Thanks Dragorr first up have I missed something, have you got a AMG GTS know looking at the avatar?
Thanks for the info on the hotel I will have a look and it's good to know museums are good also
Old 07-10-2017, 01:29 PM

AMG C63s Coupe & F56 JCW
Originally Posted by happytorito
That is a very nice trip. How many days are you planning on spending? The BMW tour in Munich is also very good. End of the year trip? When are you thinking?
Possibly 4 yes towards year end was my plan , and thought a trip to Munich would be good when only a couple of hours away
Old 07-13-2017, 03:36 AM

Thanks Dragorr first up have I missed something, have you got a AMG GTS know looking at the avatar?
Thanks for the info on the hotel I will have a look and it's good to know museums are good also
Yes. I sold my C63s coupe a couple of months back and replaced it with an RS6.. I then sold my 911 and replaced that with the GTS. Loved the 911 but couldn't cope with getting it dirty! I seem to be less obsessive with the GTS

AMGC63S (07-15-2017)
Old 07-13-2017, 05:37 AM

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
2017 AMG C63S Coupe, Triumph 675R Daytona, Triumph Explorer.
I visited the Porsche museum on part of a drive tour I did last week and I can highly recommend it. Access to the museum is only 8 euro and we spent a good hour plus in there.
Make sure you have lots of memory free on your camera!
Factory tours need to be booked ahead as others have already noted.

Theres a great restaurant on the ground floor and a very nice restaurant on the upper floor.

AMGC63S (07-15-2017)
Old 07-13-2017, 01:52 PM

AMG C63s Coupe & F56 JCW
Yes. I sold my C63s coupe a couple of months back and replaced it with an RS6.. I then sold my 911 and replaced that with the GTS. Loved the 911 but couldn't cope with getting it dirty! I seem to be less obsessive with the GTS

Wow stunning i thought you maybe traded the RS6 never thought you would trade the Turbo it was also stunning, so do you miss the turbo? i have to ask as i would like to aspire for future of a Porsche or GT for example
Old 07-13-2017, 01:56 PM

AMG C63s Coupe & F56 JCW
Originally Posted by Bluetonic
I visited the Porsche museum on part of a drive tour I did last week and I can highly recommend it. Access to the museum is only 8 euro and we spent a good hour plus in there.
Make sure you have lots of memory free on your camera!
Factory tours need to be booked ahead as others have already noted.

Theres a great restaurant on the ground floor and a very nice restaurant on the upper floor.

Thanks those look stunning and thanks for the pics and info,so tell me more about this trip, where all did you go and was it orginised as i want to do something like that in next two years, how would you rate your experience of the trip you did?, thanks Derek
Old 07-13-2017, 02:55 PM

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
2017 AMG C63S Coupe, Triumph 675R Daytona, Triumph Explorer.
Check it all out here: https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-...pic-heavy.html
AMGC63S (07-15-2017)
Old 07-13-2017, 02:57 PM

Wow stunning i thought you maybe traded the RS6 never thought you would trade the Turbo it was also stunning, so do you miss the turbo? i have to ask as i would like to aspire for future of a Porsche or GT for example
The 911 was more comfortable, easier to get in and out, a bit more practical too with AWD. Acceleration was stupid. Ride quality in comfort was arguably better than my RS6 in comfort. The car was almost too easy to drive and drive quickly but! I HAD to get rid of the 911. I was too obsessive with it. I had to clean it after I'd been out almost anywhere. If I hadn't been out in it then I had to clean it because it would get a dirty anyway. I tried leaving it under a cover but then I would use it even less! I'd also had minor things going wrong like the aircon which created several trips to the dealer. SO.. Do I miss it? Yes sort of and I might get the next gen... maybe, probably but the Merc gets a lot more attention, I assume because it isn't "just another 911" and you just don't see GTs on the road. It is also just a fantastic looking car... and I'm quite pleased that I just don't like the Panamerica grill design much nor the rear of the GTC so I don't have the niggle you get when a facelift version comes out!
Another piccie:
AMGC63S (07-15-2017)
Old 07-15-2017, 09:53 AM

06 Civic Si / 14 Jeep GC SRT / 16 C63s (Dead) / 17 C63s (Ordered)
Possibly 4 yes towards year end was my plan , and thought a trip to Munich would be good when only a couple of hours away
I made this trip a couple of years ago. I stayed at Motel One. It was brand new when we stayed. Really nice hotel and you can't get closer than this to the S-Bahn and the Stuttgart Hauptbahnhoff than this since it is right by the hotel door.

Motel One Stuttgart Hauptbahnof
Lautenschlagerstraße 14 70173 Stuttgart
Phone: +49/711/ 30 02 09-0

I also went to Munich and did the BMW tour. If you do go to Munich, don't forget to hit the Hofbrauhaus!
AMGC63S (07-15-2017)
Old 07-15-2017, 10:03 AM

AMG C63s Coupe & F56 JCW
The 911 was more comfortable, easier to get in and out, a bit more practical too with AWD. Acceleration was stupid. Ride quality in comfort was arguably better than my RS6 in comfort. The car was almost too easy to drive and drive quickly but! I HAD to get rid of the 911. I was too obsessive with it. I had to clean it after I'd been out almost anywhere. If I hadn't been out in it then I had to clean it because it would get a dirty anyway. I tried leaving it under a cover but then I would use it even less! I'd also had minor things going wrong like the aircon which created several trips to the dealer. SO.. Do I miss it? Yes sort of and I might get the next gen... maybe, probably but the Merc gets a lot more attention, I assume because it isn't "just another 911" and you just don't see GTs on the road. It is also just a fantastic looking car... and I'm quite pleased that I just don't like the Panamerica grill design much nor the rear of the GTC so I don't have the niggle you get when a facelift version comes out!
Another piccie:
Simply stunning love it , thanks for the info interesting how it slots in.
Old 07-15-2017, 10:06 AM

AMG C63s Coupe & F56 JCW
Originally Posted by happytorito
I made this trip a couple of years ago. I stayed at Motel One. It was brand new when we stayed. Really nice hotel and you can't get closer than this to the S-Bahn and the Stuttgart Hauptbahnhoff than this since it is right by the hotel door.

Motel One Stuttgart Hauptbahnof
Lautenschlagerstraße 14 70173 Stuttgart
Phone: +49/711/ 30 02 09-0

I also went to Munich and did the BMW tour. If you do go to Munich, don't forget to hit the Hofbrauhaus!
Thanks for the info checking this out just know