E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Enabling Traffic Sign Assist and Speed Limit Assist

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2024, 03:58 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2006 CLS 55 AMG IWC, 2016 E250
Question Enabling Traffic Sign Assist and Speed Limit Assist

I have a W212 E250, it has all the options, except AIRMATIC. It has the Stereo Camera and full Distronic +, here in NA we don't get some of the awesome features that the European models get. One of those being the ILS+, that is something I have coded now and its a night and day difference! Now I am looking into coding TSA (Traffic Sign Assist) and SLA (Speed Limit Assist). I cant seem to find much info regarding the process of doing that and the modules involved.

Anyone know the modules involves and what settings to modify?

Old 02-02-2024, 04:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,376 Likes on 2,247 Posts
MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @55kMi
automatic speed from posted street signs

this smart function will be interesting to get working. I too have the Distro+ with MFK. Couple modules need to be flashed or upgraded to support more feature.

So far I have refrained from moding my car until I have it working normally well. The CAN-B+C bus bandwidth is nearly maxed out. Adding more data traffic only further impact minimal performance.

That means if new upgrade works well according to plan, the existing functions get degraded to accommodate a new option. Case in point the poor tranny shift performance.

Let's see this work 👏
Old 02-03-2024, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by CaliBenzDriver
this smart function will be interesting to get working. I too have the Distro+ with MFK. Couple modules need to be flashed or upgraded to support more feature.

So far I have refrained from moding my car until I have it working normally well. The CAN-B+C bus bandwidth is nearly maxed out. Adding more data traffic only further impact minimal performance.

That means if new upgrade works well according to plan, the existing functions get degraded to accommodate a new option. Case in point the poor tranny shift performance.

Let's see this work 👏
So this isn't something I can just retrofit with some variant coding? From what I have read, some users have done this with coding. Not sure about flashing a new CBF to the modules. It's something I can do, but I didn't hear about this before.

You would think MB makes the modules fast and smart enough to work all together without compensation of the performance on other features. I dont know if this is really a case. In Europe I know a guy who has almost the same W212 as I do, but he has DTR+, ILS+, TSA, SLA. All working together flawlessly, on the autobahn it's basically a Tesla that keeps bugging u to jerk the wheel every once in a while.
Old 02-03-2024, 07:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,618 Likes on 1,205 Posts
2015 SL400 (M276 Turbo), 2014 C350 Sport (M276 NA), 2004 SL500 (M113), 2004 Audi TT225 (BEA)
@BenzNinja can certainly do the coding or advise why it cannot be done.
Old 02-04-2024, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by JettaRed
@BenzNinja can certainly do the coding or advise why it cannot be done.
Would be nice if he can give some info on this. From what I saw it should be possible, and I have read on forums of people in the US/CAN activating TSA/SLA on their Benz.
Old 02-04-2024, 07:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,376 Likes on 2,247 Posts
MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @55kMi
Advanced massage... module upgrade 👏

Originally Posted by LeonF
Would be nice if he can give some info on this. From what I saw it should be possible, and I have read on forums of people in the US/CAN activating TSA/SLA on their Benz.
​​​​@BenzNinja team can super-likely help you upgrade this car function... It will be great everwhere you have posted speed signs. That's the real limit, how many speed signs necessary for this to become more trustworthy than speed rules we know?

Couple modules may need to be swapped to support newer firmware. The stereo MFKamera is a solderless module. I have yet to visit.

It works well off of its own local bus. Is it also the gateway... to CAN-C?

IC Display is going to see increased traffic.
ESP vehicle speed as well.

It will be a great page to read when you comment the journey. Few W212 have this !
✌️
The following users liked this post:
BenzNinja (02-05-2024)
Old Today, 05:05 PM

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
2015 E63 S
I did it on my facelift E63. This is the guide:

https://mbworld.org/forums/w212-amg/...ml#post9002649

I think the pre-facelift is a bit different, but not much. If you have Xentry, connect to the camera module, click adaptation, retrofit and select the TSA retrofit. It shows you what to do.