EQS EQS (V297) sedan

Traffic Sign Assist

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2024, 04:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eqs
Traffic Sign Assist

I have 2 issues with Traffic Sign Assist.

firstly it beeps and flashes all the time. Even if I switch off the function, every time I start the car the function gets activated again

the second issue is that the flushing and beeping starts 5 miles under the limits. For example at the 20 miles limit, the warning starts at 15 miles.

anyone else have these issues.
Old 04-29-2024, 04:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,704 Likes on 2,470 Posts
2019 C63CS
I see you are located in GB. Unfortunately, this is curtesy of the new mandatory intelligent speed assist (ISA) in Europe. You can no longer permanently turn of the warning if you exceed the speed limit. You can only turn it off temporarily for the current driving session. As you noticed already, it automatically reactivates next time you start the car. Welcome to the new world of nannies that governments have decided to make mandatory.

Not sure what's going on with getting the warning already while still below the speed limit, though. Fortunately, we don't have to deal with this crap just yet in the USA, but our government is considering following the EU and make this mandatory here as well. Some manufacturers like Audi for example seem to have decided to grace US customers with this "feature" as well. It's being reported that US-spec MY24 Audis come with this crap enabled as well. Supposedly it's a bug and Audi is working on an update to allow turning it off permanently in markets where it's not mandatory.

Last edited by superswiss; 04-29-2024 at 04:50 PM.
Old 04-29-2024, 05:54 PM

Eqs
Got iu

You are right, there is this rule in the EU. It would have worked for me if the beeping would have been at the right threshold. I still don’t understand why beeping starts 5 miles/h earlier.
Old 04-29-2024, 06:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by Vmax4d
You are right, there is this rule in the EU. It would have worked for me if the beeping would have been at the right threshold. I still don’t understand why beeping starts 5 miles/h earlier.
Best guess there's a setting in MBUX to set an early warning threshold.
Old 04-30-2024, 05:25 PM

Eqs
Looked everywhere

I Looked everywhere, can’t see any options.
Old 04-30-2024, 05:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
I Looked everywhere, can’t see any options.
This may not apply anymore, but there used to be several options that can be configured for the Speed Limit Warning. There used to be a threshold setting, but I don't recall from the top of my head what all the possible values are. I just remember that I have this set to 5 mph above the speed limit in my car. I also have it configured to only give me a visual warning as a piece of mind. Not sure what options exist there on EU spec models now that is mandatory, but if anything is still configurable, this is where I would expect it to be.

Old 04-30-2024, 08:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
EQS 580 Sedan
Did u try hitting mute icon on the traffic light image that pops up?
Old 05-01-2024, 01:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 293 Likes on 245 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
Do you mean 5 miles/h true speed or 5 miles/h on the speedometer scale?

The same issue with our -24 W214, cannot turn the warning off but I have not driven it enough to see if it comes 5 km/h too early. If it was at "GPS speed", would be more reasonable.

As a general note I find it odd that Mercedes does not dare to calibrate the speedo to "GPS speed", I've read Tesla does it for the same market. Should not be a legislation issue (or Musk doesn't care).