GLB Class (X247) Produced 2020 to Present

Brand new GLB250 has defects, what should I do?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2024, 06:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLB250
Brand new GLB250 has defects, what should I do?

Hi all,I got a GLB two weeks ago, and my nightmare started with the car shaking on the highway. The dealership fixed it, explaining that there was a flat spot on the tire because the car had been parked for a long time before it was sold. Then, I encountered another issue: the car got stuck in reverse, and when I gave it a little gas, there was a severe "pong" sound from the rear. The dealer said it was due to humidity causing the brake pads to stick and that it wasn't a big issue.

Now, things have become more severe. While I was trying to reverse and then shift to drive to make a turn, I found I needed more reverse space. When I tried to shift back into reverse, the car got locked in drive mode and displayed a warning: "Reversing not possible, service required."

I'm not familiar with cars. Does anyone have any comments? Could my car have mechanical defects? If so, what should I do?

Thanks.
Old 06-15-2024, 08:10 PM

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts
2021 Glb35 AMG (2013 GLK 350)
Welcome to MBWorld. You should be searching and posting in GLB forum. Stuck parking break is common after a car wash or a rain followed by hot weather. It might be easier to release manually before you drive like in older cars You can read below:
https://mbworld.org/forums/glb-class...ake-issue.html

I had a similar "don't shift gears" warning when reversing my glb35 and needed a transmission software update, not a mechanical error. I haven't got that code since the transmission software update. You should go back to the dealer and they should fix it for you under warranty. Always record your warning and show it to them as they may not replicate or see the warning.

Old 06-16-2024, 01:13 AM
Super Moderator

Received 733 Likes on 714 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
moved to X247 forum...
Old 06-18-2024, 12:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLB250
Thanks a lot for sharing the report! I brought the car to the dealer today. I hope it can be fixed.