E-Class (W214) 2024 -

E/W214: Audio system purchase help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2024, 11:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2018 C300
Audio system purchase help

I want to buy a US salvage 2024 E350, but got a little confused regarding the audio system.

Both cars have a Burmester silver-plated speakers in the front doors.
However, for the back seat, only one of the two cars got a Burmester silver-plated speakers in the doors, while the other got black-plated speakers.

Can someone explain to me the difference?

Old Yesterday, 08:27 AM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
2024 E450 Sedan: 2019 E450 Coupe
It's only a guess, but I would think the one with the black speaker grills in the rear does not have the Burmester sound system. If the car does not have it all door speaker grills are black, with it all are the silver ones.
Old Yesterday, 08:40 AM

2018 C300
Originally Posted by estark
It's only a guess, but I would think the one with the black speaker grills in the rear does not have the Burmester sound system. If the car does not have it all door speaker grills are black, with it all are the silver ones.
It's weird man cause the front doors do have the burmester grills while the rear doors don't.
Old Yesterday, 09:00 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Benz E300
Originally Posted by AhmedKathiri
It's weird man cause the front doors do have the burmester grills while the rear doors don't.
Is it possible that the previous owner put on imitation Burmester speaker grills on the front? They are readily available from AliExpress.
Old Yesterday, 10:57 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
GL450, E450
Are you sure the grills in the back are black? The pic is dark and poor. Could just be a bad reflection.
Old Yesterday, 11:10 AM

2018 C300
Originally Posted by Ewok
Is it possible that the previous owner put on imitation Burmester speaker grills on the front? They are readily available from AliExpress.
I highly doubt it. Why would they replace the front grills but not the back? I also have seen 4 other 2024 E classes with the same grill design, burmester front and black in back.
Old Yesterday, 11:11 AM

2018 C300
Originally Posted by Hicksra
Are you sure the grills in the back are black? The pic is dark and poor. Could just be a bad reflection.
Yes. This is not the only 2024 E class with black in back and burmester in fromt. I have seen around 4 other cars with the same speaker grill design.
The following users liked this post:
Hicksra (Yesterday)
Old Today, 09:19 AM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
2024 E450 Sedan: 2019 E450 Coupe
Check the contents using the vehicle vim number. Use MB.vin and you can find out everything in each car.
Old Today, 09:43 AM

2018 C300
Originally Posted by estark
Check the contents using the vehicle vim number. Use MB.vin and you can find out everything in each car.
Amazing website. Thank you.

It says "premium sound system" for both cars regardless of speaker grill color. Not sure what that means.
Old Today, 11:10 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Benz E300
Originally Posted by AhmedKathiri
I want to buy a US salvage 2024 E350, but got a littlconfused regarding the audio system.

Both cars have a Burmester silver-plated speakers in the front doors.
However, for the back seat, only one of the two cars got a Burmester silver-plated speakers in the doors, while the other got black-plated speakers.

Can someone explain to me the difference?

The red circle in the above picture shows the lever opening the car door, not the speaker. It is too high up and too rearward. The rear door speaker grille is lower and more forward near the front of the silver door arm rest area. I am sure of that.
Old Today, 11:13 AM

2018 C300
Originally Posted by Ewok
The red circle in the above picture shows the lever opening the car door, not the speaker. It is too high up and too rearward. The rear door speaker grille is lower and more forward near the front of the silver door arm rest area. I am sure of that.
You are right. I put the circle a little above, but below, part of the grill should be be visible. Right here it is showing but no too visible due to the picrure quality and door color.
Old Today, 11:21 AM

Received 73 Likes on 50 Posts
W214 E350
As Ewok said, you are looking at the door handle. The silver speaker grille is obscured by the seat and cannot be seen in that picture. My guess is they are the proper silver grille for the rear. I'm assuming you haven't seen these cars in person so you should probably go do that. Or, at least have the sales rep take some additional pictures to ease your mind.
Old Today, 11:22 AM

2018 C300
Originally Posted by L1Wolf
As Ewok said, you are looking at the door handle. The silver speaker grille is obscured by the seat and cannot be seen in that picture. My guess is they are the proper silver grille for the rear. I'm assuming you haven't seen these cars in person so you should probably go do that. Or, at least have the sales rep take some additional pictures to ease your mind.
I'm sure it is black. Later I will post pictures of other cars having silver grills in front and black in the back.