Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz SLR & SL Roadsters > SL-Class (R129)
1996 SL500 electric windows and convertible top >

1996 SL500 electric windows and convertible top

Notices
SL-Class (R129) 1990-2002: SL 280, SL 300, SL 320, SL 500, SL 600, SL 60 AMG

1996 SL500 electric windows and convertible top

Old 05-09-2017, 06:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'98 E320, '93 400E, '14 AUDI tt
Originally Posted by Lee Wireless View Post
Brian-I payed them with PayPal yesterday.
She told me they didn't take PayPal !
But then I was on the phone with them at the time.
If you buy their re-manufacturing service listed on eBay then yes, they take PayPal.
Old 11-06-2017, 09:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sl300
Originally Posted by Top Hydraulics View Post
Mariner,

that's actually good news about the rear locks not receiving the prongs! I have emailed you a link to instructions I have written for another forum, and will add a similar, updated post to this thread shortly.

In a nut shell, we are dealing with a design flaw on '95+ model years freezing the controller when one or both rear locks accidentally get locked without the rear of the soft top being pulled down. This normally happens only when people take of their hard tops and don't push the red button forward long enough.

Hope that will take care of your problem,

Klaus

[email protected]
www.tophydraulicsinc.com
I'm having similar problems on 1990-300SL, car was parked for few weeks with hardtop on. Car started no problems, windows went down no issues. When I pressed on button to go "down" unlock it would not do anything. Light keeps flashing on the up/down button for the roof. Roll bar doesn't move. removed the hard top manually and manually closed the softtop. Keep the battery connected to genius charger but keep dropping to 25% every time I open windows and try again... tried resetting the windows "windows down then 10sec hold, up 10sec hold" but doesnt help/ thx for help.