SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: Problems with SL55AMG Roof/Central Locking ETC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 07:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Problems with SL55AMG Roof/Central Locking ETC

Hi,

I just bought my 03 SL55AMG and am having major problems with it the car does not lock and the roof does not go down it keeps saying "close boot separator" but this is allready closed also the air con has stopped working the SRS light is on!!! Thsi has all happened at the same time when I drove it from Gemany to Spain where I live. The car is now with Mercedes but they dont have a solution at the momment anyone had this problem before and know of a solution??

All help appreciated.
Old 08-02-2005, 03:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2003 Black SL500
"Dont have a solution"? Well, isnt that comforting to know! *rolls eyes*. They better!? Are they a licensed mercedes service center? do they have brains? If and when they fix it, give it a week or so and see if -any- problems come back. If something does come up, dont even send it in again for service. Return the car, order or buy another one. It will be a better option in the long-run.
Old 08-02-2005, 06:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
none
Give me a break.. TROLL POST.
Mercedes cant fix the car??! Guess you should toss it in the trash...
Old 08-02-2005, 11:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL500 and A-CLASS
Originally Posted by lorinserbenz
Give me a break.. TROLL POST.
Mercedes cant fix the car??! Guess you should toss it in the trash...
Troll Post? Maybe he has a real problem. Dealer still cannot fix my water leak in the trunk. There are bad dealers, but maybe you never encounter one so you just do not understand what we go through.

I had a similar problem on my SLK320. My SLK320 was rear ended in an accident with the top in the trunk. It took almost 2 years to get my car fix and now it is good as new. I took my car to the body shop in Nashville and they did one hell of a job repairing my car and fixing the damage that was cause by the body shop in Memphis. The dealer in Nashville ordered a complete new top and it fixed my problems that were mention in the post. My top must of got warp in the rear end accident.

Last edited by tiggerfink; 08-02-2005 at 11:28 PM.
Old 08-03-2005, 12:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
none
He has posted the same thing three times. His grammer sux, and he has yet to even give the dealer the chance to fix his issues... so I call Troll..

Its one thing for frequent posters to discuss issues/problems with their cars. When someone BRAND NEW starts posting a bunch of serious problems then it looks fishy.
Old 08-03-2005, 04:43 AM

Problems with SL55AMG Roof.

What is a troll post????

This is a genuine problem for you guys who have never been to Spain it is like living in slowmotion the people here only work 4 hours a day most of them do not know how to drive. I have tried 2 Main dealers they both do not know what the problem is and are waiting for information from Germany believe me they are as thick as 2 planks here. I have recieved more help on the AMG forum and by calling my old dealer in the UK. Now I must wait for ze germans to get back to the spanish and hopefully my car will be fixed. As for the grammer I did'nt relize it was a Grammer/Spelling test!!!!!
Old 08-03-2005, 04:47 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Calm down Black55AMG, I'm sure it was just a honest mistake.
Old 08-03-2005, 07:24 AM

Red face Problems with SL55AMG Roof.

I'm as calm as can be but imagine spending 80,000 euros on a car for summer and the roof doesnt go down and the thing dont lock and here in Marbella its perfect weather for driving with the top down. Also I was so close to buying the new 997s convertible but the 55 is faster and a more comfortable drive this is important to me as I want to driveing trip for a week all over Spain. Hopefully the dealer will be able to sort it out this week.

Fingers Crossed!!