SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: jealousy & road rage cause an accident..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 02:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jealousy & road rage cause an accident..

so far not having much luck in the sl love department

...last month my car got broken into and had $2,000 in repairs to fix the glovebox and center console from some crack addict that thought using a screwdriver to break them open to steal one "wheel spacer" was a smart idea...

today i was at a redlight.. and it started raining (welcome to seattle weather) so i started to put the top up.. all of a sudden, some moron behind me starts honking his horn constantly... even though i couldn't go anywhere.. (it was a red light)

the top is up and the light is still red and turns green a few seconds later... so this complete a**hole in some pos oldsmobile floors it past me in the right lane, cuts in front of me in my lane and slams on the breaks to a stand still right as i accelerate..

causing me to run right into him...

he then gets out and has the nerve to say. "so this is how you get your money to afford a car like this.. to cause insurance scams? that's how you do it isn't it?"

i asked him why in the hell he slammed on his breaks, and he told me because there was someone on the sidewalk that "may" have started to j-walk infront of him.. (which is complete crap, as there wasn't a person in sight)

he then criticized me telling me that i couldn't put my top up in the middle of the street... and then proceeded to criticize and hound me about what i did for a living to afford a car like this.. (me = 26)

but in the end, there was no damage to his car or my car, and we both agreed to leave...

i guess i have to be thankful there was no damage.. i for sure thought there would be, as i would have surely been pissed to no end if there was damage and this went on my record, as i was the one that rear ended him.. (and i have a $1,000min deductible..) there was nobody in his car and nobody in my car, so it was our word against eachother, and no doubt he would have won the accident arguement against any third party, since "officially" i did rear end him.. and his crap story would mostly hold up..

...there are some complete jerks out there, that will do anything in their power to bring you down to their level to ruin your day.. usually i dont' let it bother me.. but sometimes it really can as much as i try to not think about it...

Last edited by seattlecarfreak; 03-22-2006 at 02:55 AM.
Old 03-22-2006, 12:04 PM

2005 SL600 Designo, Graphite Gray, Panorama Roof
Originally Posted by seattlecarfreak
so far not having much luck in the sl love department

...last month my car got broken into and had $2,000 in repairs to fix the glovebox and center console from some crack addict that thought using a screwdriver to break them open to steal one "wheel spacer" was a smart idea...

today i was at a redlight.. and it started raining (welcome to seattle weather) so i started to put the top up.. all of a sudden, some moron behind me starts honking his horn constantly... even though i couldn't go anywhere.. (it was a red light)

the top is up and the light is still red and turns green a few seconds later... so this complete a**hole in some pos oldsmobile floors it past me in the right lane, cuts in front of me in my lane and slams on the breaks to a stand still right as i accelerate..

causing me to run right into him...

he then gets out and has the nerve to say. "so this is how you get your money to afford a car like this.. to cause insurance scams? that's how you do it isn't it?"

i asked him why in the hell he slammed on his breaks, and he told me because there was someone on the sidewalk that "may" have started to j-walk infront of him.. (which is complete crap, as there wasn't a person in sight)

he then criticized me telling me that i couldn't put my top up in the middle of the street... and then proceeded to criticize and hound me about what i did for a living to afford a car like this.. (me = 26)

but in the end, there was no damage to his car or my car, and we both agreed to leave...

i guess i have to be thankful there was no damage.. i for sure thought there would be, as i would have surely been pissed to no end if there was damage and this went on my record, as i was the one that rear ended him.. (and i have a $1,000min deductible..) there was nobody in his car and nobody in my car, so it was our word against eachother, and no doubt he would have won the accident arguement against any third party, since "officially" i did rear end him.. and his crap story would mostly hold up..

...there are some complete jerks out there, that will do anything in their power to bring you down to their level to ruin your day.. usually i dont' let it bother me.. but sometimes it really can as much as i try to not think about it...
Can't you carry a gun in Seattle legally?

Here's what you SHOULD have done.
Shoot him dead. Period. The ram your car into the back of his
Tell the cop he pulled in front of you, then rammed you in reverse, then demanded your car keys.

Alternatively, get a can of Pepper Spray.
Next time that happens, Spray the hose monkey and claim he was trying to car jack you. Your word against his. He was the one out of his car.
Old 03-22-2006, 02:32 PM

-
That awful!

You seem to have some bad karma.

Try doing more good or acting more humble. (I am not saying you don't do it already, but it never hurts to do it a little more to balance the karma)
Old 03-22-2006, 05:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AlabasterWhiteSL ObsidianBlackML
Originally Posted by craiglieberman
Can't you carry a gun in Seattle legally?

Here's what you SHOULD have done.
Shoot him dead. Period. The ram your car into the back of his
Tell the cop he pulled in front of you, then rammed you in reverse, then demanded your car keys.

Alternatively, get a can of Pepper Spray.
Next time that happens, Spray the hose monkey and claim he was trying to car jack you. Your word against his. He was the one out of his car.

haha thats a hilarious plan...gotta love the humor
Old 03-22-2006, 06:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, another post from you bragging about yourself..

Maybe he saw the replica brabus wheels and wanted to tell you to stop posing?
Old 03-22-2006, 08:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL500 and A-CLASS
I think he needs to move to a new neighborhood. Get out of the hood!!!!!!!
Old 03-22-2006, 08:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Whatever there's gas in...
Originally Posted by jl88
Wow, another post from you bragging about yourself..

Maybe he saw the replica brabus wheels and wanted to tell you to stop posing?
Say's the guy in the Toyota Corolla.
Old 03-22-2006, 08:55 PM

2002 E55 AMG & 2002 Corvette 6 speed
When He asked you what you did for a living you should have said

Hit Man!
Old 03-22-2006, 11:27 PM
CY
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL/M6
no damage = no worries
Old 03-23-2006, 11:26 AM

E46 328i Sport
I would have almost gone insane on him and beat him
Old 03-23-2006, 01:32 PM

CL600
Someone keyed my CL at the office the other day. Problably because I'm 21...Same type of hatred with my C-class and my M3 when I was 16 in highschool and even in preschool some punk kid tried to steal my bigwheel and jack me for my rolex submariner that I paid in cash.
Old 03-25-2006, 10:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 SL350
Maybe we should be buying expensive cars that don't incite envy or jealousy.

Like what? What is the universal 'everybody loves it' vehicle?
Old 03-25-2006, 11:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'03 SL55
Mini Cooper.

Originally Posted by Ken Silver
Old 03-26-2006, 01:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL500 and A-CLASS
My mom's Corvette gets keyed about once a year.
Old 03-26-2006, 08:40 AM

i've NEVER had any problems with my porsche.. people respect the marque and the brand it seems, thumbs up everywhere... the SL on the other hand.. i love it, but other people don't

Old 03-26-2006, 09:10 AM
CY
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL/M6
The ones that Hate know about the Price tag plain and simple...SL's are known for their money factor.

Porsche's are great....but most people just don't assosiate them with money in the same context as the more expensive Mercedes cars. IMO\
Old 03-26-2006, 03:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 378 Likes on 244 Posts
'22 Alpina B7,'21 G63 Renntech obviously (wife), Wrangler(kids)

Phaeton!
No one pays any attention....
Old 03-26-2006, 03:35 PM
Banned

2001,CL 500
here i thought i was the only one dealing with this ridickalousness.....yeah anytime i go out in my cl i got crackheads tailing me, broke *** high school kids trying to race me...now i know what these rappers are talking about when you get nice things and drive through the bad neighborhoods you greew up in...you can feel the hate coming off their eyes as you pass..you cant ever let these ****suckers talk down to you though or get one over on you...i havent had any need to use violence yet (i know one day i will enjoy getting out at a light and smashing someones windows) but when some loser cuts in front me trying to be tough i usalluy just make sure he knows how much better my car is then his custom beat up civic or whatever the hell these ****ers drive...
Old 03-27-2006, 12:50 AM

and then of course living downtown, when having the top down and having every bum come up to my car at a redlight and telling me their sob story, saying that if I can afford a benz and i can't give them a few bucks i'm an a**hole.. "you can afford a benz like that, but can't afford to give me a few bucks? **astounded look here**" (how do you think i got this car, ya moron..)

it wouldn't be so bad, if i wasn't hounded 4-5 times a day for change IN my car.... it's one thing on the streets, but when i'm in my car.. leave me alone dammit..
Old 03-27-2006, 01:16 AM

2006 Aston Martin Vantage
and then of course living downtown, when having the top down and having every bum come up to my car at a redlight and telling me their sob story, saying that if I can afford a benz and i can't give them a few bucks i'm an a**hole.. "you can afford a benz like that, but can't afford to give me a few bucks? **astounded look here**" (how do you think i got this car, ya moron..)

it wouldn't be so bad, if i wasn't hounded 4-5 times a day for change IN my car.... it's one thing on the streets, but when i'm in my car.. leave me alone dammit..
That "thinking" really annoys me as well. They try to make it sound like YOU OWE THEM for your success! Yet these pan handlers just scum around aggressively for money.

Fortunately, I only experienced one incident of aggressive panhandling while in a parking lot. This fool also used the same phrase as above. It just started with a quarter, to a dollar, then five dollars! This idiot just kept on going up as if I am some moron who would say no to a dollar but will give 20 if asked. To put icing on the cake, this guy was probably 19-22 years old, wearing popular branded clothing! He must need another pair of shoes...
Old 03-27-2006, 07:09 AM

my most annoying experience is when i was in a nightclub and this bum was sitting outside my car when i came.. and he said "hey i've been waiting outside all night in the cold for you to come out here.. really nice car man.. hey it's my birthday, can ya spare some change for... (enter made up bs reason here)" and when i denyed him, he blamed it on me for making him wait for hours in the cold infront of my car and not giving him anything in return...

Originally Posted by pcviewer
That "thinking" really annoys me as well. They try to make it sound like YOU OWE THEM for your success! Yet these pan handlers just scum around aggressively for money.

Fortunately, I only experienced one incident of aggressive panhandling while in a parking lot. This fool also used the same phrase as above. It just started with a quarter, to a dollar, then five dollars! This idiot just kept on going up as if I am some moron who would say no to a dollar but will give 20 if asked. To put icing on the cake, this guy was probably 19-22 years old, wearing popular branded clothing! He must need another pair of shoes...
Old 03-27-2006, 07:13 AM

while i don't agree with this statement, maybe this is why the sl is unloved by others that can't obtain it.. :P

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/road_tests/index.htm?id=48

"Forget Ferraris, Rolls Royces, Bentleys, Lamborghinis, Porsches. The most desirable car you can buy is the new Mercedes 500SL. Wherever you happen to be, no other car impresses most of the people most of the time. It’s the one car the world over that says you’ve arrived before you even start your journey. "
Old 04-06-2006, 11:48 AM

Pay attention! :-)

Originally Posted by absent
Phaeton!
No one pays any attention....

Old 04-06-2006, 05:28 PM

they make a two door phaeton?

Originally Posted by Paldi

Old 04-16-2006, 09:34 PM

2001 C320 (purple), 2002 BMW 540i

oooh don't get me started on these people!!! It especially pisses me off when I noticed them checking into the Marriott in a $30k+ pickup just the day before!!! However, I have discovered a very nifty built-in defense mechanism that our cars have- headlight washers! Hit that button and moments later *SQUIRT* and the water bounces off the lights and hits anything perpendicular to them! Bwahahahaha!!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: SL/R230: jealousy & road rage cause an accident..