SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: 2007 550 (Mirror/Park Assist on Menu)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 10:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by meegle
Just got our car back from the dealer after dropping it off to have the park/mirror assist re-activated.
Our receipt states that feature has been eliminated with the 07 models per shop foreman....funny thing is that it worked absolutely fine prior to my previous visit

Unfortunately, it was after hours so the foreman was long gone

So let me get this straight...you had it than got the chirp and not it was disabeled. Now that you go back they cant put it back on? Is your chirp working still? If I was you I would go to another dealer because that is Bull*****!!
Old 10-26-2006, 10:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 SL550, 2008 S65, Golf cart and a few non-MB vehicles
Originally Posted by johnny5
So let me get this straight...you had it than got the chirp and not it was disabeled. Now that you go back they cant put it back on? Is your chirp working still? If I was you I would go to another dealer because that is Bull*****!!
Chirp confirmation is still functional. Mirror/Park assist WAS nice but I won't lose sleep due to the ignorance of my local MB dealer.
Old 10-26-2006, 04:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by meegle
Chirp confirmation is still functional. Mirror/Park assist WAS nice but I won't lose sleep due to the ignorance of my local MB dealer.

Thats a good way at looking at it. You take things pretty well. I would be all over the MB dealer. Is there any other dealers around you? It really is a good feature to have on the car so it doesnt hurt to try another dealer.
Old 05-07-2007, 03:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E550 P2/Sport, and LandRover LR3
I just got a new 2007 E550 and the manual that describes the procedure also states that some vehicles may not have this feature, depending on production date. Mine does not have the feature, but there is a simple work around that some may find useful: I only need two of my three seat/mirror memory settings, so I simply save my #1 settings also to #3, then move the right mirror down to where it should be for parking and save this as #3 again. All other seat and mirror settings are identical for me in #1 and #3 memory, so I just have to press #3 to tilt the mirror down, and #1 again to get the usual setting. Not perfect, but a little faster than manually adjusting the mirror each time.