SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: Couple of questions on 07 SL550

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 01:30 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Couple of questions on 07 SL550

I looked but am either blind or didn't look hard enough to find the answer, so I turn to you experts to help.

1. Should something more than the steering wheel going up happen when I turn on entry/exit ease. I would have thought the seat should go back also.

2. Should the right hand mirror tilt down when in reverse and backing up? I don't see a setting and when I select the right mirror and back up nothing happens.

3. Shouldn't the headrest go Up and down with the power switch on the door. Mine only goes up and I have to push down manually.

Thanks guys
Old 03-10-2007, 02:58 PM

07 SL550; C32 (sold)
Originally Posted by Tom_E
I looked but am either blind or didn't look hard enough to find the answer, so I turn to you experts to help.

1. Should something more than the steering wheel going up happen when I turn on entry/exit ease. I would have thought the seat should go back also.

2. Should the right hand mirror tilt down when in reverse and backing up? I don't see a setting and when I select the right mirror and back up nothing happens.

3. Shouldn't the headrest go Up and down with the power switch on the door. Mine only goes up and I have to push down manually.

Thanks guys
1. not sure if the seat should go back but i suspect they took that function off.

2. they took that functionality off. advisor told me depending on the production date, some had the function.

3. it should go up and down.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:54 PM

07 SL55, 1954 Corvette, 09 E350
Smile

I'll have to think about 1 and 3 but I think they are a function of how you selected memory.
As far as passenger mirror in reverse - you need to select the passenger mirror (push the button down and leave it down all the time) then when you go into reverse the passenger mirror will tilt down.
My Service Advisor Kim showed me this trick. She is great.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:51 PM

2007 SL550
Hope you are enjoying your '07 SL550. I love mine. I have had it for almost a year. Ironically the only problem I have had is with the headrest. I had to have the motor in the passenger headrest replaced as it would go up but not down. It was no big deal - nothing else got wrecked when they replaced it.

I too wish the seat would go back when you stop the car in the '07. Unfortunately MB got sued because someone was injured in a previous model when the went back. Now, only the wheel goes up. I had to have the instrument cluster replaced in an '05 that I had and lost that function with the new cluster. That really sucked.

The '07 SL550 is an awesome car though huh? Let's see some pics!
Old 03-13-2007, 01:21 AM

07 SL550; C32 (sold)
Originally Posted by GOODENUF
I'll have to think about 1 and 3 but I think they are a function of how you selected memory.
As far as passenger mirror in reverse - you need to select the passenger mirror (push the button down and leave it down all the time) then when you go into reverse the passenger mirror will tilt down.
My Service Advisor Kim showed me this trick. She is great.
you're lucky about the passenger mirror. mine just doesn't work even w/ the botton pushed down on the passenger side. advisor said it was taken out. i see some people have the function and some people don't. i wonder if MB took it off then put in back in at a later date.
Old 03-13-2007, 04:43 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by amgme
you're lucky about the passenger mirror. mine just doesn't work even w/ the botton pushed down on the passenger side. advisor said it was taken out. i see some people have the function and some people don't. i wonder if MB took it off then put in back in at a later date.
I wonder if a software update would bring it back?
Old 03-13-2007, 04:45 PM
Almost a Member!

The '07 SL550 is an awesome car though huh? Let's see some pics![/quote]

I'll try to get a shot and post up. Thanks for the input!!!
Old 03-14-2007, 12:25 AM

07 SL550; C32 (sold)
yup, awesome car. smooth and comfortable and it's like having two cars in one.
Old 11-30-2010, 01:40 PM

2007 sl550 amg sport
head rest sl550

on my 2007 sl550, how can i remove the drivers side headrest? i have a bad neck, and am able to do it on practically every other car brand. thank you
Thanks guys[/QUOTE]
Old 11-30-2010, 05:48 PM

bmw M3 Convertible, SL550 AMG
Need to hold memory seat button

My 07 SL550 have none of the features you mentioned(1, 2, 3). In addition, my memory seat button need to press and hold till the seat , mirror etc move to presetted position. I will think you should only need to press the button once. It just very inconvenient. Does it happen to everybody else as well?