SL/R230: adjustable air ride links and mods4cars

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 08:53 PM
gqa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05' sl 500
adjustable air ride links and mods4cars

i just wanted to share with you guys the upgrades i installed in my car this weekend. i installed the mods 4 cars roof module which was really simple. it took less than an hour. f.y.i if you install it and your flashers are blinking and you get warning saying bring car to workshop, you have not made a good power connection. re-check your wire connections. it works just as it states and i cant wait to use it as the temps rise here in new york!

as for the adjustable air ride links. i installed them myself which is really simple and everyone should install them yourself to learn a little about your car. it took about 1 1/2 -2hours to get them right. the front wheels you dont even have to take off. i really cant believe these simple links control the suspension height of my car.
another good feature is it would only take me less than an hour to take them off and it would be completely undetectable. great phone supppport!

the best part it only cost me $225 and a little of my time!
Old 04-10-2007, 09:38 PM

SL55, 996TT, Viper 700R, H2
How much of a drop did you end up with?
Old 04-11-2007, 05:43 PM
gqa

05' sl 500
i believe i dropped it about 1 1/2 inches front and back. i could go lower but i live in nyc! i really just wanted to clean up that gap btwn the tires and wheel well since i have 18" rims. the good things about the links is you can adjust it all the way down (slammed) like i did by mistake because i adjusted it too much the first time. call john his # is on the site.

i don't know what the other advantages the more expensive systems have( i seen some people pay $1200) but when you see what benz actually uses to control the height of your car you'll be surprised and understand why these in-expensive links make sense. no wires cut in your harness no traces
Old 04-11-2007, 07:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
M6 Gran Coupe
I would be afraid that eventually they will malfunction and then you have a very expensive problem on your hard. I'd like to see how good their phone support is when you confront them with $5,000 in suspension damage that MB won't cover either.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:12 PM

SL55, 996TT, Viper 700R, H2
Originally Posted by mjr24
I would be afraid that eventually they will malfunction and then you have a very expensive problem on your hard. I'd like to see how good their phone support is when you confront them with $5,000 in suspension damage that MB won't cover either.
All the links do is relocate the sensors so they have a lower reference point. I don't see how they would ever "fail" or if they broke how they would cause damage.

I understand the advantages of the aftermarket computer modules, especially the new Renntech unit, however I think the links are a good alternative.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:52 AM

i've had the links on my car for 3 years without any problems..

Originally Posted by Anthony 98 GTS
All the links do is relocate the sensors so they have a lower reference point. I don't see how they would ever "fail" or if they broke how they would cause damage.

I understand the advantages of the aftermarket computer modules, especially the new Renntech unit, however I think the links are a good alternative.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63S coupe, X5M
I can't see the adjustable links on mods4cars.com
Old 04-12-2007, 06:42 PM
gqa

05' sl 500
Originally Posted by mjr24
have you ever looked at the links on your car? if you did you will see that the replacement links are similar except they are adjustable. the WORSE case scenario is that a link will bend or break which cause your car height to drop, raise, or slam down to the lowest point. the exact thing that could happen with the original links. the point i tried to make is it would be much easier to replace your your links that is untraceable by the dealer than take out a module that has been spliced to your wiring. besides will any of the more expensive alternatives pay for any damage to your vehicle if their module fails or burns out your cpu?

murtaza the website is www.adjustableairride.com
Old 04-12-2007, 10:04 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 CLK63 Cab
Originally Posted by gqa
have you ever looked at the links on your car? if you did you will see that the replacement links are similar except they are adjustable. the WORSE case scenario is that a link will bend or break which cause your car height to drop, raise, or slam down to the lowest point. the exact thing that could happen with the original links. the point i tried to make is it would be much easier to replace your your links that is untraceable by the dealer than take out a module that has been spliced to your wiring. besides will any of the more expensive alternatives pay for any damage to your vehicle if their module fails or burns out your cpu?

Old 04-13-2007, 01:53 AM

can you utilize the adjustable air ride on the 2007 sl550?
Old 04-13-2007, 02:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gqa

Is this the only company that makes these? I have heard other people saying they have used a bracket method of another sort so Im just wondering if there new or old?
Old 04-13-2007, 08:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 165 Likes on 103 Posts
2003 SL55,2020 GTC ,2017 GTS sold ,2002 G500 Sold,2003 SL500 Sold,
airride links

I installed them in my 03 SL500,I have a lift which makes it easier,they work excellent and are high quality pieces,just make a small adjustment at first,too much and the car will slam down al the way,I had to re adjust 2x
Old 04-13-2007, 09:03 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SL 600 640bhp/1000Nm
Originally Posted by johnny5
Is this the only company that makes these? I have heard other people saying they have used a bracket method of another sort so Im just wondering if there new or old?
This is all You need. Cost about $20 at a hardware store.
I had these for 2 years and no problem.
Attached Thumbnails adjustable air ride links and mods4cars-sankn001.jpg   adjustable air ride links and mods4cars-sankn007.jpg   adjustable air ride links and mods4cars-sankn019.jpg  
Old 04-13-2007, 08:03 PM
gqa

05' sl 500
very impressive r230 nicke. i give you credit for coming up with another less expensive alternative!

i guess i have read so many posts about lowering the r230 that cost a grand or so, that when i came across these lowering links on adjustable air rides site i was very skeptical. i initially did not want to drop the car because i live in nyc and the roads are horrible, but being able to adjust the height back to normal and only costing $225 i couldn't resist!

i was so happy with the results i just want to tell everyone how easy and in-expensive it was. its really good to hear other members who are using the links or other variations with no problems. that gives me that extra boost of confidence about the product. thanks

p.s. bmicheals the website has them for the 07' sl

Last edited by gqa; 04-13-2007 at 08:07 PM.