Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 04:44 AM
CY
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL/M6
Originally Posted by SL2003driver
CY, I think you and I have a lot in common when it comes to our love of cars. I want to own all of the great cars before I die. You can't do that by drivng the same car to long I look forward to your report on the 6, since I almost bought a M6 when I was looking at my new SL550. The reason I bought another SL was because of the beauty of the SL and the fact that the new SL550 felt like a different car with the new engine and the fact that after building the SL for 5 years I think they finally got it right. Someday I do want to own a M6 since I have never owned a BMW and think the M6 and the 6 series cars are also good looking.
Yeah to be honest niether the SL or 6'er is what I really wanted....a D9 is me my style...I want to own more as well..over the next few years Ill be going exotic status I hope.
Old 02-25-2008, 05:05 AM
CY
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL/M6
Originally Posted by mjr24
I was doing some lease pricing last night and there was one 2007 M6 coupe, black, that could be had for about $1k per month (with $3k down) for only 36 months. I would be all over that if I had my current car sold. I'm paying $1250/month now for my SL....I would actually be saving a good chunk of coin per month.

Get those pics up Cy.
That was for the 07 6 speed M6...an incredible deal at the time. Let me know what you end up getting.
Old 02-25-2008, 05:08 AM
CY
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL/M6
Originally Posted by mikegrr
I've had a 645 since 3/04 and I love the car. It's time for a new car and I'm thinking the same as you..it's time for a change. The new 6'er isn't that much different from the one I have and I'm a little tired of the idrive though I know it inside and out. If I got a new one, it might not feel that special, so I'm trying out the SL. The one thing I will really miss is the heated steering wheel! I live in the northeast and when it's cold, the heated steering wheel is fantastic. Mike
Yup if I had driven a 645 for the last few years I would also consider the SL now...so far the 6 series has been awesome to drive. I try to drive both cars everyday if I can manage and its a tough comparison. I will post pics when the weather clears.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63S coupe, X5M
Originally Posted by CY
a D9 is me my style...
Dude I was looking at one today, prices are not bad at all. Wonder how maintenance is though

Where are the pics of the 6er btw?
Old 02-26-2008, 01:34 AM
CY
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL/M6
Originally Posted by Murtaza
Dude I was looking at one today, prices are not bad at all. Wonder how maintenance is though

Where are the pics of the 6er btw?
To be honest all I am thinking of is if I am going to keep it stock or go with deep dish 20's/22's....taking pics of a stock 6'er makes me a bit sad for some reason

Vantages and DB9 have decent leases???...damn it I thought for sure the DB9 would be $$$$.

BTW some chick came up to me at the gas station and said "nice car" when I had the top down in the 6'er today....I said why is that? She said "it suits you well". I almost said "no it doesnt" since Im still dreaming of Astons.

To be honest I think my SL is so sick on the Lowenharts thats its hard to drive one and have the other at home =P....the deep dish staggered 20's MAKE the SL IMO.
Old 02-26-2008, 05:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63S coupe, X5M
Originally Posted by CY
Vantages and DB9 have decent leases???...damn it I thought for sure the DB9 would be $$$$
Wasn't looking to lease

05 DB9's are around 110k. They look incredible and have a 6L V12 that sounds brilliant. 450hp isn't too bad either...

Hell, it's an Aston

Just need to find out how much they really cost to drive and what problems they might have...

So that hot chick, what did she think of the interior of the 6 vs the SL? I assume you took her home and had your way

BTW I got another car to, an 06 E350 to DD
Old 02-26-2008, 05:19 PM

2008 M6 Vert
The V8 Vantage is $1,900/year for its annual check up here in the bay area. The dealer says they would come out in a flat bed to pick up the car or provide a jaguar loaner. Either way its still big $$$.

I am thinking about moving to a 6 series rag top too.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:47 PM

So that hot chick, what did she think of the interior of the 6 vs the SL? I assume you took her home and had your way
They are still on a test drive!
Old 02-27-2008, 02:32 AM
CY
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL/M6
Wasn't looking to lease

05 DB9's are around 110k. They look incredible and have a 6L V12 that sounds brilliant. 450hp isn't too bad either...

Hell, it's an Aston

Just need to find out how much they really cost to drive and what problems they might have...

BTW I got another car to, an 06 E350 to DD
She was single so not my type....(think of quote from the new Bond movie). Really I give her a 7.2 on the Cy scale so no take home. I did however meet a pre-med student at the BMW dealer who thought the 6 was sexy and I got her number in case of future ailments

If you get an Aston and turn into a young Bond that would be so sick...warranty is only 3 years though so you better get CPO etc.
Old 02-27-2008, 02:36 AM
CY
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL/M6
Originally Posted by Aviator
They are still on a test drive!
I guess I will have to use that back seat for something or another.
Old 02-27-2008, 02:40 AM
CY
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL/M6
Originally Posted by Keng1
The V8 Vantage is $1,900/year for its annual check up here in the bay area. The dealer says they would come out in a flat bed to pick up the car or provide a jaguar loaner. Either way its still big $$$.

I am thinking about moving to a 6 series rag top too.
Yeah insurance will probably be more on the AM as well.

What color 6'er are you going for?
If you go Black try for Jet Black over Sapphire Black...if you go Silver look for Titanium, possibly Silver-gray (not my favorite at all, but some like it), but dont get the Mineral Silver.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:28 AM

2008 M6 Vert
I am thinking of a super light blue. I dont think they have one like that for the 08s. Might end up waiting for the 09s to come out this fall. I love the black but its so hard to keep clean and so easy to get swirl marks.
Old 05-06-2008, 01:49 PM

scared of being stalked
congrats on the 6 my friend.

i was astonished by the new S class for the last few years and thats the car that i WANTED.

but now with the new 2008 6 series out, my love for the S has transfered to the 6 series for the following reasons

A) im only 20, sedan screams "im 29-50"

B) did you see the stratus gray with the chateau pearl interior. WOWZERS!

C) 360 hp @ 360/3400 tq.

D) Heads Up Display(HUD) one of the coolest new options on ANY car to date. It displays vital information during your trip right in front of your view on the windshield.

E) hot girls like coupes. Models like BMWs. BMW Coupe= Hot Models.

Enjoy your car with great health my friend, and i hope to be in the 6 club soon.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:36 PM
CY
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL/M6
Originally Posted by Mrkhan347
congrats on the 6 my friend.

i was astonished by the new S class for the last few years and thats the car that i WANTED.

but now with the new 2008 6 series out, my love for the S has transfered to the 6 series for the following reasons

A) im only 20, sedan screams "im 29-50"

B) did you see the stratus gray with the chateau pearl interior. WOWZERS!

C) 360 hp @ 360/3400 tq.

D) Heads Up Display(HUD) one of the coolest new options on ANY car to date. It displays vital information during your trip right in front of your view on the windshield.

E) hot girls like coupes. Models like BMWs. BMW Coupe= Hot Models.

Enjoy your car with great health my friend, and i hope to be in the 6 club soon.
I love the new S class as well and even tested one but feel the 6 series was the right choice for me based on: my age, how I drive and the room I needed. Plus I really didnt want to go 4 doors and like the way the 6'er held the road more then the S...apples to oranges I know. If I did indeed need a 4 door flagship I would go S all the way. Basically both cars loaded are around 100k new and arent that special here in LA due to all the exotics lying around...so I figured Id buy the one I liked driving best. Also the 6'er (when its clean) seems to get about the same amount of looks as my custom SL even though the 6'er is bone stock. Not to mention Ive already had like 5 random girls yell at me to roll down my window so we could talk...but that might just because I look like a young Baldwin brother
Old 05-07-2008, 02:40 PM

scared of being stalked
Originally Posted by CY
I love the new S class as well and even tested one but feel the 6 series was the right choice for me based on: my age, how I drive and the room I needed. Plus I really didnt want to go 4 doors and like the way the 6'er held the road more then the S...apples to oranges I know. If I did indeed need a 4 door flagship I would go S all the way. Basically both cars loaded are around 100k new and arent that special here in LA due to all the exotics lying around...so I figured Id buy the one I liked driving best. Also the 6'er (when its clean) seems to get about the same amount of looks as my custom SL even though the 6'er is bone stock. Not to mention Ive already had like 5 random girls yell at me to roll down my window so we could talk...but that might just because I look like a young Baldwin brother
young baldwin brother eh??? not bad

just one more quick question for you my friend.

this may seem like a silly, or "stupid" question to some, but im coming from a range rover hse to a 6 series. The range rover isnt SLOW, but its not a 6 series. Will the speed of the 6 be TOTALLY different than the speed in a range rover hse? Thanks in advance.
Old 05-07-2008, 04:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
M6 Gran Coupe
You are still around on this board? This is the loudmouth who thought a R230 was the Benz minivan.

The 6 series has been the same since 2004. What a poser.

EDIT: You also said you had a Supercharged Range....400HP. Now all of a sudden it is the HSE.

Last edited by mjr24; 05-07-2008 at 04:12 PM.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:40 PM
CY
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL/M6
You are still around on this board? This is the loudmouth who thought a R230 was the Benz minivan.

EDIT: You also said you had a Supercharged Range....400HP. Now all of a sudden it is the HSE.
Ill be damned if I was wasting my time talking to a 16 year old...thanks bro.

Mrkhan347:

To answer the question about speed differences if you are indeed a troll (as stated by numerous members): Get a job so you can get to Target and buy a somewhat adequate outfit so the BMW sales rep will let you test drive the car you cant afford.

If this is a misunderstanding and you do have the funds/credit to get a 650i and also own a RR SC/HSE/?: then of course there will be a difference in speed...the HSE is a porky somewhat underpowered SUV....the SC is a closer call. The 6'er is way more fun to drive then any RR.

Either way post pics of your claimed cars with a poster of your screen name and I/we will apologize. Until then you have to be deemed another ClayJ descendent.

Last edited by CY; 05-07-2008 at 10:47 PM.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:50 PM

scared of being stalked

mjr24,

Every time i post something, you track down the post, and mention the same things you just mentioned. I don't really get what your vendetta against me is, nor do i understand why you think you are some type of "poser police". Quite frankly, i could care less what your whole view of me is, its just a little creepy.

Cy,

Once again thanks for the info. I don't expect an apology from you, nor do i want one. When people spread their ignorance, those not in the know, are just victims.

And ill post pics of the range rover hse as soon as i get the 650i coupe, i dont feel as if the range alone is worth posting.
Old 05-08-2008, 09:05 AM
CY
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL/M6
mjr24,

Every time i post something, you track down the post, and mention the same things you just mentioned. I don't really get what your vendetta against me is, nor do i understand why you think you are some type of "poser police". Quite frankly, i could care less what your whole view of me is, its just a little creepy.

Cy,

Once again thanks for the info. I don't expect an apology from you, nor do i want one. When people spread their ignorance, those not in the know, are just victims.

And ill post pics of the range rover hse as soon as i get the 650i coupe, i dont feel as if the range alone is worth posting.
Fair enough...make sure to also check out the conv. I drove both and while the coupe is supposed to be a better handling vehicle I couldnt feel much difference and I really liked the look of the conv. plus I am in SoCal and its top down weather like everyday.
Old 05-08-2008, 01:10 PM

scared of being stalked
Originally Posted by CY
Fair enough...make sure to also check out the conv. I drove both and while the coupe is supposed to be a better handling vehicle I couldnt feel much difference and I really liked the look of the conv. plus I am in SoCal and its top down weather like everyday.
Cy,

The convertible is, of course, a beautiful car. But theres just something about the soft top rag that just throws me off. It seems like rag tops are so 90s you know? None the less a beautiful car. Imagine a 6 hard top convert. Oh may i dream, may i dream.
Old 05-08-2008, 01:12 PM

scared of being stalked
and how about those lakers CY? Kobe in my eyes is becoming more and more the best player ever. he needs Shaq who?
Old 05-08-2008, 03:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

M6 Gran Coupe
Yep, I sit here everyday and wait for you to post so I can cut in and say hi

I just find it funny that you said you had a Lincoln Navi, a supercharged Range, and something else and now it's a normal $23k used 2003 Range.

I find it funnier you said this.....

why dont you pull up the part where i say it is very INCONSISTENT, just like the styling of your R class Mini van. Atleast mom opps dad looks cool when he picks the kids up from school.
And now you are on our SL forum talking about the S class (which you have supposedly been getting for 2 years off daddy's "$100k per month profit gas business").

The whole thread where you look like a tool is here.

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...ghlight=lebron

I guess I better go pick the kids up from school in my 2 seater minivan. Moron.
Old 05-08-2008, 03:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

M6 Gran Coupe
Imagine a 6 hard top convert. Oh may i dream, may i dream.
And why would you dream about that? You said a year or two ago you had $150,000 to play with in buying your next car. Can't you just go out and buy 2 of them?
Old 05-08-2008, 06:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 42 Posts
2023 760i and 2023 EQS580V4
Originally Posted by AMGNSX996TT
Congrats! But it's still the honeymoon period...
My honeymoon period is over and this car truly rocks!
Old 05-08-2008, 08:12 PM
CY
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL/M6
Cy,

The convertible is, of course, a beautiful car. But theres just something about the soft top rag that just throws me off. It seems like rag tops are so 90s you know? None the less a beautiful car. Imagine a 6 hard top convert. Oh may i dream, may i dream.
Youre right...someone needs to tell Porsche, Jaguar, Aston Martin, Bentley Ferrari and Lamborghini to get their act together. No one wants a soft top convert. right. Actually after having both a SL and 6 series (yes I own them...so I can actually compare them rather then post utter nonesense)....I thought I would not be happy with the soft top...thing is I dont even notice it and love the way it looks while up.

Kobe is cool...not my fav player to watch though...maybe like 5 years ago.

Last edited by CY; 05-08-2008 at 08:16 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: SL/R230: Bought a 6 series conv...still have my SL to compare