SL/R230: Rain + SL = ..........

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2002, 07:03 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Many.... but mostly MB!
Lightbulb Rain + SL = ..........

I just left the mall today and it was raining outside like crazy... I ran to my car and shut the door and then started my car and guess what happened .. LOOOOOOOL .. this one's new to me .. I never experenced this on my old SL .. :P

But guess what happened........

The wind sheild automaticly started ... Cool .. I told one of my friends who drives the new Lexus and he told me that his new lexus does too ... but I never knew this was installed in the new SLs CoooooooL!
Old 11-30-2002, 07:05 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
*smack* wake up! lol

yah its real cool, cept my dad hates it because our wiper makes some real sqeaky noises when its on.. gotta get that repaired..

also imma buy some Rain-X (which i heard is real good) and that should make water just bead off.. lol
Old 12-01-2002, 04:56 AM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
'18 AMG GTR '16 BMW M3 - '05 Porsche Carrera S
Actually rain + any mb if you order that option will equal automatic windshield wipers. Avantgarde's have that option as standard in the E class.
Old 12-01-2002, 01:21 PM
Out Of Control!!

haha we're all making car_lova feel bad! haha

just playin with ya!
Old 12-01-2002, 03:58 PM
Almost a Member!

Many.... but mostly MB!
Feel Bad? LoooL!!! I LOVE IT!!!

That's exactly what happened ... I knew there was something new about it ... The glass window just made the water bead off ... see it's really cool! I was driving in the rain and stopped my windsheild for a min ... The water kept moving away from my veiw, as if I was driving 550km LooooooL I love it!

Thanks Varaa for telling me about something I didn't know off, but knew outta experience and from u Talking about FULL OPTION .. It's there when you need it :P That's exactly why I choose every option, cuz I knew I would need it someday .. THANK YOU MB... your the Great!

Last edited by Car_Lova; 12-01-2002 at 04:03 PM.
Old 12-01-2002, 04:24 PM
Almost a Member!

Many.... but mostly MB!
This one's for you Varaa ... you seem like the expert here!

There's this stick right under the right side of the steering wheel ... There's this lady who talks ... I had it on my late CL but never knew what it was exactly ... she talks VERY BRITISH ... I thought she was never good use for me ... if she is ... plz explain to me .. I love to learn from a guy who's still not driving! LOOOOOOOL! Just kidding!!! So do you know what I'm talking about ... lingustic something like that ...... ?
Old 12-01-2002, 06:50 PM

2003 SL55 AMG; 1977 450 SLC
Unhappy I don't have that option...

I don't have that wind shield wipper thingeee

Now about the Linguatronic... you just have to pull it toward you and ask her for something in the command system. For example.. "Radio"... then pull it again.. "103.7".. voala.. and so on. You also can use it for the phone, cd, tv, NAV (which is useless in our country).. you have to play around with it a letel..
By the way, mine in German.. If I want to convert it, the car have to spend few days in the dealer... and I don't want that yet...

well have fun... and let us know how it goes....

By the way.. I know asked you that befor, but no answer yet... does your car make exhaust noise same as the SL55???
Old 12-01-2002, 08:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
Originally posted by vraa
*smack* wake up! lol

yah its real cool, cept my dad hates it because our wiper makes some real sqeaky noises when its on.. gotta get that repaired..

also imma buy some Rain-X (which i heard is real good) and that should make water just bead off.. lol
vraa... I don't recommend rain-x because of the smearing it causes after about 3 weeks after initial application. I prefer a new product which does the same thing called aquapel. I use it on my car, great stuff.
Old 12-01-2002, 09:54 PM
Out Of Control!!

can u get that at walmart tho?
Old 12-02-2002, 03:42 PM
Almost a Member!

Many.... but mostly MB!
Lightbulb I've tried the Linguatronic...

And ENJOYED IT ... LoooooooooooooL!!! I freaked my brother out 2day LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!! He jumped outta his seat k3 k3 k3... he was like ... "THE CAR TALKS 2 U " LoooooooL!!! I clicked on the Linguatronic and said "99.7" and the radio station changed to FM 99.7..... I said "TellY"<== Very British and the TV came on LooooooooL ... Neat! I said %^&*&^%^&* and she said ... "PARDON" LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!! I just loved that Pardon part LooooooL!!!

Linguatronic is kindda annoying in a way...... Best part was the "DIAL" this and "Dial" That LooooooL!

But I don't think it's a must .... I can sure live without it!
Old 12-02-2002, 06:43 PM
Out Of Control!!

u ahve a tv.. damn u! lol